Hey, I have my full profile on my blog at www.stuckincustoms.com ... where you can also check out my HDR Tutorial.
Briefly… A bio in bullet points:
- I was born blind in one eye and still only see out of my left. I call it "The Gift."
- My degree was Computer Science and Math and I did that for 35 years before finally diving full-time into my creative side.
- I started the blog StuckInCustoms.com immediately after getting a digital DSLR and started sharing 1 photo per day, stories, and free tutorials to help everyone enjoy this strange world of HDR Photography that I was discovering for myself. I was obsessed. As of the time of writing this, that was about 10 years ago and I still publish one photo per day and I love it. Here is the HDR Tutorial by the way.
- The site became very popular and I started getting into social media. Now, if you add up all platforms (FB, Insta, Pinterest, Google, Twitter), I have about 16 million followers and I love all these Internet friends!
- Google tracks views, and on that platform alone, it's over 140 billion views tracking at over 125 million a day of the photos. At least some of those views are from my mom, who is my biggest fan :)
- I do a lot of public speaking through my agent at CAA, I've been interviewed on most major TV channels around the world, and had the first HDR photo to hang in the Smithsonian. My young son went to go visit it in person, took a photo, and it made him proud. That made me smile.
- I'm really into meditation and yoga. I also go to Burning Man (my photos) every single year and love it.
- Over the past few years, I've started partnering with companies to build products and services. One good example is Peak Design, where we designed a number of bags on Kickstarter. The two Kickstarters made over $13 million and have been hugely successful. Most importantly, the bags make people happy! I give tremendous credit to the Peak Design team!
- I also teamed up to build our own Photo Software with Macphun. It got over 1.5million downloads (Mac only but Windows soon!) in the first year and been growing ever since.
- I love to do Free Photo Walks Around the World filled with tips and fun for the fans! Sign up for our newsletter to find out first about that or other goodies!
- The company here has grown to about 10 people, full time and part time. Everyone helps one another out and we have a lot of fun! There's lots more to talk about but already too many bullet points... so check my site for Workshops to Fine Art sales to Business Development to our Online Store to Luxury Brand Partnerships to Home Videos!
What's the core reason I do all of this?
A bit new-agey but maybe you'll dig it. I want to help spread consciousness and presence to the world. It's hard to teach billions to meditate, but you can help teach them photography and creativity. I believe when people are being creative they are being fully present and conscious, and that's the best thing we all can do for the world.
Some useful links...
Facebook Page: Come join for the latest!
My Full Bio is on the "About Me" page of my blog here.
- Drone Shots 19,222 photos, 2,682 members
- Flickr Friday 36,652 photos, 40,863 members
- Flickr Social 381,383 photos, 9,395 members
- FlickrCentral 9,308,642 photos, 276,568 members
- Nature HQ 4,862 photos, 26,211 members
- Foto Panoramiche 1,975 photos, 292 members
- DrivePainting 191 photos, 122 members
- Lost in Travel 6,250 photos, 73 members
- The Cadillacs of Photography 16,227 photos, 788 members
- Nikon Camera Club 155,641 photos, 4,002 members
- Our lovely Bangladesh 3,870 photos, 282 members
- Our lovely World 29,953 photos, 787 members
- The World of Art & Nature 607 photos, 38 members
- India Special 3,148 photos, 564 members
- HDR Top 100 1,545 photos, 66 members
- ORDINARY PEOPLE. 1,021 photos, 457 members
- FlickrDaily 26,481 photos, 420 members
- Nocturnal Photographers 405 photos, 72 members
- davidsanger.com community page 6 photos, 4 members
- The Two Olly's Selection 999 photos, 35 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 33,916 photos, 1,977 members
- RED photos only 60,025 photos, 4,191 members
- show me your best pics ever 42,913 photos, 364 members
- 50 Millions Photos 5,651 photos, 63 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,765,727 photos, 528,295 members
- Your best portraiture in black and white 6,740 photos, 471 members
- STS-134 NASATweetup 542 photos, 72 members
- Exquisite Bridges 232 photos, 31 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 132,089 photos, 6,583 members
- All Photos X-Press Us (!!TAG!!) _Post 2 /Comment or invite 2 54,840 photos, 2,848 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,664 photos, 558 members
- Our wonderful world 70,756 photos, 1,414 members
- Photographers with their Subjects 4,363 photos, 613 members
- Monterey Photo Walk with Trey 26 photos, 10 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 48 members
- Flickr Photography 62,079 photos, 524 members
- Mostly Photo 4,163 photos, 384 members
- Portrait World (人像世界) 343,415 photos, 8,347 members
- Photography From The People 310,354 photos, 5,783 members
- Extraordinary Pictures Group 2,020 photos, 115 members
- The American Experience 346 photos, 20 members
- Texas HDR Enthusiasts 73 photos, 8 members
- Trey Ratcliff's PhotoWalk at SXSW 2011 358 photos, 125 members
- TWiTPhoto 10,562 photos, 2,277 members
- Cities from all over the world 2,483 photos, 84 members
- 100 Cameras In 1 444 photos, 126 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 18,583 photos, 453 members
- Stuck in Customs Auckland Photowalk 2010 64 photos, 25 members
- Stuck in Stanford 59 photos, 40 members
- Stuck In Customs San Clemente Photowalk 75 photos, 28 members
- A Trip to New Zealand with Trey Ratcliff Part 3 11 photos
- A Trip to New Zealand with Trey Ratcliff Part 2 17 photos
- A Trip to New Zealand with Trey Ratcliff Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in the Pacific Northwest Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in the Pacific Northwest Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in the Pacific Northwest Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Utah, curated by Nicole S. Young Part 3 12 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Utah, curated by Nicole S. Young Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Utah, curated by Nicole S. Young Part 1 15 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Chicago, curated by Chris Smith Part 3 13 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Chicago, curated by Chris Smith Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Chicago, curated by Chris Smith Part 1 16 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Miami, curated by Edin Chavez Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Miami, curated by Edin Chavez Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Miami, curated by Edin Chavez Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Scotland Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Scotland Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Scotland Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in India Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in India Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in India Part 1 13 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in South Africa Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in South Africa Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in South Africa Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Germany Part 3 13 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Germany Part 2 12 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Germany Part 1 16 photos
- Top 50 Apple Stores on Earth Part 3 14 photos
- Top 50 Apple Stores on Earth Part 2 12 photos
- Top 50 Apple Stores on Earth Part 1 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Japan Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Japan Part 2 14 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Japan Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Mansions on Earth Part 3 15 photos
- Top 50 Mansions on Earth Part 2 15 photos
- Top 50 Mansions on Earth Part 1 15 photos
- Top 50 Shopping Malls on Earth Part 3 15 photos
- Top 50 Shopping Malls on Earth Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Shopping Malls on Earth Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in New York City Part 3 11 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in New York City Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in New York City Part 1 18 photos
- Top 50 Train and Subway Stations on Earth Part 3 17 photos
- Top 50 Train and Subway Stations on Earth Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Train and Subway Stations on Earth Part 1 16 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in New Zealand Part 3 9 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in New Zealand Part 2 13 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in New Zealand Part 1 14 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Yosemite Part 3 15 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Yosemite Part 2 14 photos
- Top 50 Must-See Spots in Yosemite Part 1 15 photos
- Top 50 Volcanoes on Earth Part 3 8 photos
- Top 50 Volcanoes on Earth Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Volcanoes on Earth Part 1 16 photos
- Top 50 Castles on Earth Part 3 11 photos
- Top 50 Castles on Earth Part 2 15 photos
- Top 50 Castles on Earth Part 1 18 photos
- Top 50 Capital Cities on Earth Part 3 6 photos
- Top 50 Capital Cities on Earth Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Capital Cities on Earth Part 1 18 photos
- Top 50 Spots for Daydreamers Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Spots for Daydreamers Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Spots for Daydreamers Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Caves on Earth Part 3 13 photos
- Top 50 Caves on Earth Part 2 14 photos
- Top 50 Caves on Earth Part 1 15 photos
- Top 50 Air Shows on Earth Part 3 14 photos
- Top 50 Air Shows on Earth Part 2 12 photos
- Top 50 Air Shows on Earth Part 1 14 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Los Angeles, curated by Marc Evans Part 4 7 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Los Angeles, curated by Marc Evans Part 3 14 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Los Angeles, curated by Marc Evans Part 2 12 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Los Angeles, curated by Marc Evans Part 1 15 photos
- Top 50 Honeymoon Destinations on Earth Part 3 12 photos
- Top 50 Honeymoon Destinations on Earth Part 2 13 photos
- Top 50 Honeymoon Destinations on Earth Part 1 11 photos
- Top 50 Spots on Earth Part 3 15 photos
- Top 50 Spots on Earth Part 2 16 photos
- Top 50 Spots on Earth Part 1 16 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Austin, curated by Jim Nix Part 3 16 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Austin, curated by Jim Nix Part 2 17 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in Austin, curated by Jim Nix Part 1 17 photos
- Top 50 Spots for Urban Exploration, curated by Chris Luckhardt Part 1 3 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in New York City, curated by Daniel Krieger Part 3 5 photos
- SOE Top 50 College Campuses on Earth Part 3 14 photos
- SOE Top 50 College Campuses on Earth Part 2 11 photos
- SOE Top 50 College Campuses on Earth Part 1 15 photos
- SOE Top 50 Botanical Gardens on Earth Part 3 9 photos
- SOE Top 50 Botanical Gardens on Earth Part 2 8 photos
- SOE Top 50 Botanical Gardens on Earth Part 1 8 photos
- SOE Top 50 Beaches on Earth Part 3 9 photos
- SOE Top 50 Beaches on Earth Part 2 11 photos
- SOE Top 50 Beaches on Earth Part 1 12 photos
- SOE Top 50 Stadiums on Earth Part 3 8 photos
- SOE Top 50 Stadiums on Earth Part 2 10 photos
- SOE Top 50 Stadiums on Earth Part 1 14 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in San Francisco, curated by Thomas Hawk Part 3 14 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in San Francisco, curated by Thomas Hawk Part 2 18 photos
- Top 50 Secret Spots in San Francisco, curated by Thomas Hawk Part 1 18 photos
- SOE Top 50 Amusement Parks Part 3 7 photos
- SOE Top 50 Amusement Parks Part 2 5 photos
- SOE Top 50 Amusement Parks Part 1 6 photos
- SOE Top 50 Airports on Earth Part 3 10 photos
- SOE Top 50 Airports on Earth Part 2 12 photos
- SOE Top 50 Airports on Earth Part 1 12 photos
- SOE Top 50 Bridges on Earth Part 3 7 photos
- SOE Top 50 Bridges on Earth Part 2 7 photos
- SOE Top 50 Bridges on Earth Part 1 6 photos
- SOE Top 50 Lighthouses on Earth Part 3 13 photos
- SOE Top 50 Lighthouses on Earth Part 2 16 photos
- SOE Top 50 Lighthouses on Earth Part 1 17 photos
- SOE Top 50 Photo Spots on Earth Part 3 12 photos
- SOE Top 50 Photo Spots on Earth Part 2 16 photos
- SOE Top 50 Photo Spots on Earth Part 1 16 photos
- SOE Top 50 Waterfalls on Earth Part 3 11 photos
- SOE Top 50 Waterfalls on Earth Part 2 16 photos
- SOE Top 50 Waterfalls on Earth Part 1 18 photos
- Stuck On Earth Top 100 5 photos
- Stuck On Earth Editor's Picks 8 photos
- Smart and Unexpected 9 photos
- Trees of Inspiration 6 photos
"I had never heard of HDR photography until I came across some amazing images done by Trey about 12 months ago, I did some research and now I am a HDR addict. I love his technique, to me he appears to enhance the natural beauty of a scene. Anyway funny story but true, my Teacher (pro photographer)kept saying we needed to do some reseach on a guy called Trey Ratcliff (his words "best HDR photographer on the planet") and I kept telling him about this really cool photographer called "Stuck in Customs" go figure...The same person!!
September 23rd, 2009
Nikographer [Jon] says:
"Trey's travels and work are inspiring. So much to see out there, and he brings it to our screens in living color ;) Keep on shooting and pushing the limits."
May 25th, 2009
"I think Stuck in Customs has the travelling life most of us want to have. He's a fantastic photographer. He captures images of the travel dream world of books and pictures we grew up with; when we were kids and everything sounded so deliciously foreign and misterious."
February 12th, 2008
"I had never heard of HDR when I started flickring and was completely shocked the first time I saw his stream: hey this is no fair, this guy is cheating and he must be stopped... My numerous attempts to stop him failed so I just started cheating as well.
It's all been said, love the pictures, simply amazing. Great guy, very accessible (he really tries)."
December 21st, 2007
"Simply - AM-A-Z-ING!!!!"
November 21st, 2007
"Tre's photos are beautiful, there's no doubt about that... as a matter of fact if you doubt it you need to have your head examined and possible shaken, violently. But more than that, Tre is a very generous individual that has answered numerous brainless questions I've sent his way. Thank you so much for your insights, your pixels and your tutorials."
August 8th, 2007
"I'm very happy that i have found Trey. Honestly it was by accident - when i was looking for HDR images. Now i check his photo stream few times per day. Each of his photos are unique and stylish. Thanks to Trey i have discovered many new techniques in photography. Thank you Trey for sharing your work!"
June 22nd, 2007
"I'm so glad I found Trey! What a fantastic photographer and artist he is at the same time! I learn from him everyday there is an endless inspiration for me on this photo stream! Thank you for being my friend! I'm looking forward to every photo you upload my dear friend!"
May 22nd, 2007
"Amazing work. Such an inspiration. The reason why I started experimenting with HDR."
May 24th, 2007
"Trey is one of my fav flickr photographers. His images are so unique I get lost inside alot of his work. His images are very creative, artistic, and beautiful.
His use of HDR is superb and the composition of his photo's always compliment the colours, the tones and detail thus giving his photo's their own personalities. It is a pleasure to look at your work. A feast for the eyes."
May 17th, 2007
D Kwon photography says:
"Trey's work captures the world as some of us fail to see it--beautiful. :]"
May 13th, 2007
arranging constellations says:
"absolute creative and artistic genius!
this is the first testimonial i have written. i have been a contact for quite a while but it was viewing the set Portfolio:the best, that moved me to write this!
envy at such an amazing talent is completely quashed by my admiration for your skill and ability!
keep up the good work!!"
May 9th, 2007
"Trey, your work is just phenomenal.
Each and every time I visit your stream there is always something there to surprise me.
You have travelled the world and given us a chance to be there with you through your images, your unique views on the world around you.
You have told us stories, you've made us grin, smile, frown.
And all with what comes naturally for you; creating perfect images, remnants of moments you have lived but chosen to show to others.
Amazing work, my friend. Thank you so much for sharing."
April 30th, 2007
"The way he sees and captures the world is simply amazing. He makes the rest of us see things in a different light. His entire stream is simply outstanding..."
April 17th, 2007
"He's able to offer a different 'stunning' approach to photography, very personal and highly professional. Definitely one of the best artists on flickr."
April 17th, 2007
pietro marino says:
"This guy changed my way of seeing the world!"
April 2nd, 2007
"“In my opinion, you are by far the best HDR Photographer on flickr, better yet the best I’ve ever seen. Your work is truly inspirational and uniquely crafted. I'm just blown away by your photos on how fascinating, and ultimately your achievement of perfection.”
I love your tutorials by the way, incredibly helpful
“Ray” – X y L e -"
March 2nd, 2007
"The colorful, vibrant, animated, and visceral images
by Trey radiate from the screen and consciously linger
for weeks. I study, admire and peer at his subjects,
methods, and artistic techniques. His frequent travel
around the globe enables him to best express his
artistic talent, capturing the essence of these exotic
locations and their cultures. His compositions
simultaneously educate, entertain, and stimulate the
visual sense. His images inspire me to be a better
February 24th, 2007
"this is the best HDR photographer i have ever seen
wish you all the best :)"
February 24th, 2007
"Wow is sometimes all I can say to myself everytime I look at one of your new photos (also accompanied with amazing, awesome, beautiful, incredible...and more!). I never ceased to be amazed every time I see another great image on my contact's images page, and it's no surprise that you've made such an impact on many people all over the world on flickr. Keep up the great work!"
February 11th, 2007
"I am so happy that this guy travels...I am even happier that he takes us with him, with his images. He has a camera and is not afraid to use it. He is one of the photographers here on flickr, that I can't wait to check in on. He hasn't dissappointed me yet, and I have a feeling, he is going to take me places, that I could not hope to visit.
Thank you Trey for being our guide through this world we live in."
February 12th, 2007
"Trey, you have earned a lot of high praise for your work, and you obviously get it on flickr. I am a web-posted art photo viewing junkie, so a see a lot. Your work alone motivated me to sign up for flickr.
You correctly say you change image reproduction to force the mind to process images differently. Your photos are a terrific composite of the varying impressions the careful observer gets from viewing a scene in person. They thus best convey the feeling of the viewing as well as the impression in a way that I have not encountered before. I think you are really on to something here.
Have you considered more beach photography, especially big wave and big sky combinatons? With your incredible sky photography, the big surf and great skies of the North Coast of Oahu, Rapa Nui, or even Puerto Escondido in Mexico and many other sites could yield some shots that would potentially blow the mind. Not to mention, would be highly marketable to several magazines.
Thank you for sharing your amazing body of work."
January 29th, 2007
Zen Me says:
"All i can say is that out of everyone on flickr.com 'Stuck in Customs' actually puts me in the frame of everyone of his pictures. They are breathtaking and seem to imprint themselves in my mind for the rest of the day/week. Thanks again, im looking forward to many more pictures!"
January 29th, 2007
Isis Bi M says:
"magnific,like modern Magritte surealist, bravo et merci
January 26th, 2007
"You are a Fantastic Artist, Perhaps the Best I have seen. You have a great Gift and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work!!"
January 22nd, 2007
You are a true leader on Flickr and I appreciate your work and inspiration. Thank you for producing great quality work that pushes all of us to the next level! Personally I've grown in skill over the last few months learning from you and many of the other members of the "Brilliant Cabal." I look forward to seeing what we all can create in 2007!"
January 22nd, 2007
Mitch LeBlanc says:
"The only word to describe your images is 'awesome'. Totally meant in it's true context as well.
I say 'wow' to myself upon viewing EVERY single one of your pictures. Your work makes me wish I had an HDR switch on my eyes to view the world as your images portray it."
January 17th, 2007
"So, you have great use of HDR! Even if that's a bit differ from my point of view on tone-mapping — respect. Even if I envy for your number of comments — you're doing right and great job. Thanks."
January 15th, 2007
"Great traditional photography skills + Great Eye + Bold man +HDR guru = Trey. Thanks for all your help"
January 3rd, 2007
Shahab Zargari says:
December 26th, 2006
"When I saw his photos first time on flickr I was just awestruck by their beauty. There's a lot to learn from his pictures.
I think I shall better go and learn something now !!
Thanks Trey for all the help......"
December 16th, 2006
"I can honestly say that I have been awe struck by the wonderful images Trey has put together here on flickr. They are inspiring and seeing them makes me want to jump on a jet plane and go to all those wonderful locations. For someone who I don't know, who came out of nowhere, that is a remarkable achievement. May he post many more and amaze us still further with his fabulous wizardry and totally awesome eye for what makes a photo truly great....Well done Trey ."
December 10th, 2006
"trey is actually peter parker in disguise.
i refuse to comment on his shooting style and photography because we all know he do what he do best, purely because he can.
you have all my respect - king of HDR."
December 13th, 2006
"You show peoples lives in a great way... all of your photos have emotion."
December 8th, 2006
"thank you trey for adding me as ur contact ...
am still new in photography...n ur photos inspired me to go deeper into this newly hobby of mine.
thank you trey....WELCOME TO MALAYSIA...MORE TO EXPLORE HERE IN MALAYSIA.."
November 6th, 2006
"Trey, has been a great encourager by influencing me to take better pictures. His style of HDR shots are a great example to us who like HDR. He is a great photographer with a great sense for space and perspective.
I appreciate you for my Flickr friend Trey!"
October 31st, 2006
"There are many great photographers on Flickr but Trey has that special eye for great photographs and coupled with his post processing skills, the results are just phenomenal. What impressed me most about Try also was his quick response in replying to questions I had about his HDR techniques. He was very eager to share his techniques and methods and there aren't too many photographers out there who are keen on sharing their secrets! Trey - keep up the great work!"
October 24th, 2006
morgan frederick. says:
"Stuck in Customs has awesome pictures in his photostream, most are amazing!!!! Trey, you are such a great, wonnderful, idyllic photographer!!!!
I especially like the picture of the "Mulitple Horizons @ the Train Station." (forgive me if I spelled the title wrong, Trey.) The water reflects so beautifully! He has so many gorgeous photos on his stream, I may not be able to count them all, or even fave them all in a 24-hour time period! He has a very strong, true natural ability to catch the perfect shot! Since Trey has so many testimonials, i said to myself, "I too may as well write a nice testimonial for Trey!" Trey, you are deserving for all of these nice people's comments about you!!"
October 7th, 2006
I never have a chance to meet him when I was in Texas. Thanks is due to www.flickr.com & the internet technology.
From his site here I can see that he is a great Digital imaging Artists who never failed to Learn & Improve his knowledge.
He is very kind in sharing his knowledge & skill be it in flickr groups' or his personal site. I am very much impress with his loving kindness & caring & sharing attitude to our global net community.
You are great my friend!!"
August 25th, 2006
"Where's the button for "fave entire photostream?"
I can't look at Trey's work without the overwhelming urge to click that little pink star. If you like his landscapes, wait 'til you get a load of his portraits. I wasn't the biggest HDR fan before coming across Trey's stream, but he uses it to great effect. And I don't know what he does for a living, but anyone who travels that much is OK in my book.
Do yourself a favor and make him a contact RIGHT NOW. You won't be disappointed."
August 22nd, 2006
Ms Helsinki says:
"Trey's true talent lies in his sharp ability to see a gripping story unfolding in everyday life. Behind his amazing photos lies a compelling drama of everyday people, places, and things. He weaves us through them with his technical ingenuity, stamina and brave renditions. My daily work with the PC screen will never be the same with Flickr's best of the best! Cheers, Maria"
August 21st, 2006
Mikael Fennhagen says:
"Tray "Stuck in Customs" has a very beautiful photostream that I can recommend everyone to watch. I can watch Trays photos for hours, beacuse his photos inspire me alot. This man know how to do HDR photos, and I think that he is the best HDR photographer i know here on flickr. His photos are sharp and interesting, and he is not afraid of trying different angles. As everyone else I'm proud to have him as a contact!
Keep up your good work Tray!
Best regaurds / Mikael Fennhagen"
August 4th, 2006
"I first noticed Trey's work when I discovered some of the HDR work on flickr. His is top notch. But what really excited me the most was his magnificant photographs of Italy. Memories of my own trip to Capri, Rome, and Pompei came flooding back to me as I clicked my mouse over his images. My heart skipped a beat!!!"
July 18th, 2006
"Stuck in Custom
it has been one of mine first contacts in flickr is a best photographer, a monster in the use of the HDR, a true friend, thanks to he have been known very many others customers, the only defect is that my photo does not have never chosen one between preferred in “Winners - The Interestingnessnessness Menagerie of Spectacles " hehehehehe!!!!!"
June 17th, 2006
"Stuck_In_Customs is by far the best HDR photographer i know. His photoes are always bright, sharp and interesting. I like different angles and diversity of his shots.
I'm proud to have contacts like this)
Best regards, Oleg / mattson"
June 6th, 2006
Panagiotis Gakis says:
"You have taken some of the best photos i've ever seen!
The only thing i can say is that i am demanding to see more!!!"
May 31st, 2006
"Gosh, what do i say...... Oh I know. Trey is the best HDR photographer on the internet, in the WORLD! haha, well as i looked through all his pics, I saw that most were not HDR, which surprised me a little. But it didn't matter, becasue the HDR pics that he does have, well they are just darn AWESOME, and the BEST!
I am happy to have Trey as a flickr contact, and I enjoy viewing his really cool pics every day.
May 30th, 2006
Ev Lloyd says:
"S.I.C..Trey in other words....
Has been a never ending source of inspiration to develop my own skills.
His HDR photography is ridiculously good, and he's a top bloke to boot!
And of course, when theres a question that needs answering, if he has the answer, he'll glady help out.
All the best to you my friend!, Heres to a long and sucessful photography career!"
May 26th, 2006
"Trey is a very good and inspirational photographer and has his own style that seems to be continually evolving.
He helped me get started with HDR which I knew nothing about (and still dont know much)
If in the future I can produce stuff half as good as some of his shots I will be very happy.
Thanks for your help Trey"
May 26th, 2006
"Trey in my opinion is in the top percentile of HDR shooters out there. He has superb talent for the shots he takes, and the HDR rendering of them.
It's a person like this that I wish Flickr would come out with a "fave all pictures this person has" button to save me the time of going through all the shots and faving them one by one!
He also gives a lot more to the Flickr community beyond his shots in that he is most interested to see, learn, and comment about others and their shots, which makes him a model Flickr netizen.
Best of all he hails from Austin, Texas; my alma mater and namesake of my second son!"
May 23rd, 2006
"Just a few hours ago I became a contact of Trey's and like Jodi I was immediately awestruck. The enthusiasm and love of life,family and friends is evident by his stunning photos.I am on-call at home tonight and was fortunate to have time to go through nearly every set. I look forward to seeing more of the world through Trey's eyes!"
May 20th, 2006
"StuckinCustoms is my newest contact. I have to say that I have never wirtten a testimonial for someone I just met! I was stunned by the beauty of his work. He masterfully captures beauty all around him. The Hdr and landscapes are Top Notch! If you have not checked out his stream, you neeed to. It is Fabulous. I was shocked to see that he had not received any testimonials yet, so I feel honored to be the first! Sit back and enjoy his work, you will be glad that you did!"
May 13th, 2006
- Trey Ratcliff
- January 2006
- Queenstown, New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad & Artist
- Stuck In Customs