ATTN I am now a food blogger!
♥ On FACEBOOK? Become a fan!
♥Stalk me on Twitter: twitter.com/GiveItAWhirl81
~*~SLEEP WITH A PHOTOGRAPHER AND SEE WHAT DEVELOPS~*~
HI... I AM KIM...
and I am a photographer and jewelry maker from the Detroit area in Michigan.
I would love to relocate to Las Vegas to pursue my photography career and I would also like to attend clown school at Circus Circus! I've got to leave Michigan. I've lived here my entire life and it's boring as fuck. Before I moved to Mount Clemens- I lived in the city of Detroit (2nd most dangerous city in America!), Algonac, and before that I grew up in St. Clair Shores.
Right now I am a graduate/alumni with a BFA in photography from Wayne State University. I graduated in December 2005. I am majored in fine arts with a concentration in photography.
I enjoy shooting digital [Canon 20D] as well as film [Canon rebel Ti]... and I totally love shooting with my toy cameras [two Holgas and a Diana]. Currently, I am shooting a lot with Polaroid cameras and also making Polaroids with a Vivitar Slide Printer.
Photography is my life and everything in my life seems to revolve around it. I don't think I've ever been so passionate about anything. (and then my passion for creating resin jewelry came along!)
My greatest body of work is my self-portrait work. I love raiding my funky little closet that's stuffed with psychedelic thrift store finds. I love tying back my long black hair and stuffing it up into a wig and throwing on a face full of make-up. It's my escape. It's a completely solitary experience. I crank the music up and hit that fucking shutter. After the shoot I take my shit to the Vaio and Photo-chop it all up with gawdy effects and nauseating colors.
If I'm not shooting myself I love venturing out into the city to explore.... to see what's out there. Detroit is the best city in the US to shoot pix of abandoned buildings and sites. Detroit is all about urban-decay. It's a city dying before our very eyes. So sad... yet so beautiful in a sick way.
If I wasn't going to school for photography... I would have liked to study medicine. For the longest time I have always had an interest in working in the medical field... maybe as a doctor. This is something that many and most of you do not know about me. Yes... it's true. I have at one time seriously becoming a doctor... I guess it's because of my bizarre infatuation with human anatomy. Bodies are so fascinating... so bizarre. I probably wouldn't mind working in a morgue... I think that would be an interesting job- being a medical examiner...
An interesting fact about me is that I do not drive. I am 28 and I have never had my license and I have never wanted one either. I am terrified of driving. When I was on a permit practicing my driving I was so paranoid and I got white knuckles whenever I drove. Shit.... I don't think it's an irrational fear at all... driving is dangerous... I think my fear intensified when all of the SUV drivers came out of nowhere and all those obnoxious cell-phone drivers. Stupid fuckers...
Something else that you may want to know about me is that I am rather anti-social. I prefer solitude. I enjoy having a handful of friends, but anything over a handful begins to feel overwhelming to me.... and it tends to get me into a lot of trouble. I just get more accomplished without having a whole swarm of friends around me all the time... I just like to hang out once in a while. It's so difficult to find people who are worth my time... people suck and I hate them... well... not all of them... but most of them... I just can't stand bullshit and drama and lies and deception and some people just erk the shit out of me... and I can't take it anymore... and it usually results in me talking about people behind their backs... which I hate to do... but shit happens. I've had a ton of people come and go in my life. I am kind of a hard person to get along with. It's not that I am arrogant... it's more like I'm selective.
And just so you know... I am now a married woman! Joe and I have been together for nearly a decade... and we are very much in love. As long as I have Joe... that's what makes me happy... that's what keeps me going. I'm so glad we finally got married in Vegas... my dream finally came true!
*(boring) photos of trees
*(boring) photos of flowers
*(boring) photos of children
*photos of sportscars
*copycats ~use your imagination... not mine ;o)
- PAINTING 197,775 photos, 11,877 members
- Creative Parenting 3,069 photos, 300 members
- Child's Art 7,759 photos, 736 members
- Children's Creative Juices! ~ ART~ Drawing~Painting~Writing! 5,067 photos, 573 members
- Details of Theme Parks, Thrill Rides, and Carnivals 3,115 photos, 180 members
- 80/90's Toys 8,522 photos, 615 members
- film food 482 photos, 193 members
- Photoshop collages 10,764 photos, 1,184 members
- Ambien Art 15 photos, 9 members
- ArtDroid 3,019 photos, 91 members
- Drive By Shooting! 70,977 photos, 3,382 members
- Cell Phone Photography 407,751 photos, 11,783 members
- FXCamera 5,328 photos, 700 members
- Camera ZOOM FX 485 photos, 169 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 155,322 photos, 5,818 members
- Booooooom.com! 422,534 photos, 18,700 members
- Android Smartphones 27,395 photos, 804 members
- HTC EVO 4G 3,069 photos, 268 members
- Vignette for Android 27,217 photos, 2,046 members
- LUCKY Film Photography 13,634 photos, 1,092 members
- .Messy Faces 138 photos, 184 members
- Lomography USA 175 photos, 71 members
- Low Fidelity 49,277 photos, 1,530 members
- vintage camera addicts 13,984 photos, 682 members
- vintage camera photography. 51,212 photos, 1,433 members
- Vintage Camera Museum 19,273 photos, 1,737 members
- Camera Appreciation (Pictures of cameras) 93,386 photos, 11,314 members
- Box Camera Beauties 1,614 photos, 426 members
- lomographic generation 20,272 photos, 422 members
- Sabre 620 111 photos, 32 members
- green cameras only ! 136 photos, 19 members
- Imperial Cameras 436 photos, 135 members
- *FILM* Club 525,885 photos, 7,063 members
- Deericorn 34 photos, 30 members
- Sad Cart 1,715 photos, 209 members
- 110 film camera 10,812 photos, 1,208 members
- I was a child photographer! 257 photos, 77 members
- 110 Format 10,240 photos, 1,040 members
- woca 839 photos, 82 members
- HOLGA WOCA 120 G 1,029 photos, 200 members
- Grocery Store Art 38 photos, 76 members
- LOMO LC-A (no xpro) 4,962 photos, 460 members
- Cake Wrecks 199 photos, 163 members
- film damaged by radiation, heat, water, time, in processing,... 7,765 photos, 1,627 members
- Lo-Fi Lovelies 201,717 photos, 14,221 members
- Fossilised Film 5,183 photos, 283 members
- Film Destroyers 16,942 photos, 1,555 members
- !! I Shoot Rollei Film !! 9,347 photos, 470 members
- Lomo Junkies 112,911 photos, 4,307 members
- lowfi flickers 39,228 photos, 770 members
"stOOpidgErL is a BAD ASS!"
August 1st, 2008
Keys And Memories says:
"Proud to say I own several of her items!"
July 20th, 2008
"Kim you're FABULOUS!
You are an amazing talented artist, creative and unique.
Your photos are the type that no one could EVEEEER get bored from.. I could spend all day staring at them... They're sooooo colorful, pretty and cuuuuute!!! If all those items were for sale I would buy them ALL!!!
I truly admire your work and I always wait to see more of your photos :D"
July 2nd, 2008
Rainbow Mermaid says:
"I love love love Kim! She is talented, clever, funny, charming, has great taste... I would be all bitter with jealously but I can't help but adore her - she's lovely! Everything she makes, be it a photograph, a resin pendant or some other treasure, she makes it beautifully and with such personality and zest! I just wish I we lived closer to each other! Huge hugs to you stOOpidgErl! xxx"
June 20th, 2008
Natalie Pretorius says:
"She's so talented in so many ways! Her use of color in her jewelry, photos and everything else is simply irresistable!"
April 13th, 2008
dadadreams (Michelle) says:
"I'm the proud owner of Kim's photography AND jewelry! Her work is like an explosion at a crayon factory. Fun, colorful goodness!!!"
April 8th, 2008
"Holy Sprinkles, Jimmies, Candies & Glitter Batman-! I love my custom piece! Truly, I almost sharted when I just realized it GLOWS IN THE FRIGGIN DARK!
~Kim Sooo Rawks~"
February 6th, 2008
Miss Loisy says:
That's all I can say."
January 6th, 2008
Marilyn P Sushi says:
"One of THE MOST interesting people on Flickr. I'm so glad she found me...or did I find her? I can't remember anymore."
November 13th, 2007
"I think I love you.
I think your creations are wonderful.
I speak the truth.
You are gifted.
I express honest oppinion."
November 3rd, 2007
"It's finally about damn time that I meet someone that doesn't have a drivers license like myself in their twenties. Kudos for that and the favorable photos."
September 24th, 2007
Shahab Zargari says:
"thanks for adding us as a contact and faving so many photos! keep up the great art!!!!!!!"
September 14th, 2007
"During the short time I have known Kim I realize just how talented and sensitive a person and an artist she is. The freak flag is just a shield that is used to ward people off. I see through it. You are genuine, talented and one of a kind. I have learned so many things as a photographer from watching and emulating you. Now that I have completely blown your head up and got all emo on you i'll end this testimonial in keeping with the nature of our relationship by telling you the first thing you told me that really made me like you "shut the f**k up""
June 16th, 2006
simple increase says:
Easily one of the most vibrant photographic personalities that I've encountered on the interweb, but that is so limiting... there is life beyond Flickr and I'm certain that one day we'll take wonderfully vile photos of eachother.
When I first discovered her work I felt like I wanted to run through fields of cotton candy with her, our Eva Gabor wigs shimmering in the afternoon sun. Then we'd sit in a field, flirting with lyme disease, having a wonderful picnic."
June 13th, 2006
"going thru kim's photo stream is total eye candy. she's a visionary and a super talented artist and photographer..in fact, she's one of my favorites. I can't get enough of her work."
May 19th, 2006
Maya Newman says:
"Kim's work is amazingly colourful, and wonderfully eccentric, her Holga images are some of the best I have ever seen!"
April 9th, 2006
delicate boot says:
"Just a ridiculoulsly talented artist. I don't know what else to say about her. . .flies the freak flag with pride, thank god, and isn't afraid of the dark. There's more, I'm sure, but my head is pounding on day three of a zinger headache. Long story short, she rocks and so do her pictures. I'll ammend this later to make her sound more like Mother Teresa with clown shoes."
March 8th, 2006
fine writing says:
"Kim, you are such a powerful outstanding creative Freak - i LOVE your work! Thank you very much for checking out some of my pics - it's such a pleasure to browse through yours - right on :-)"
March 1st, 2006
mundane mandible says:
"I've known Kim and her works through Polanoid.com & toycamera.com for under a year now, but feel I've known her a lot longer.
She is incredibly creative, funny, sexy, delightfully irreverent and one of the most enthusiastic forces of nature I have encountered in a long time. I am very glad to know her. Keep an eye on this gErL, I predict BIG things for her...and her art."
February 24th, 2006
- February 2006
- St. Clair Shores & Algonac (MI)
- Mount Clemens, MI, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- photographer / resin jewelry designer
- My Etsy