Count me among the legion of amateur photographers who began their affair with photography in the company of a Cannon AE-1. I focused on nature and wildlife photography, but took on a few senior portraits and wedding photos to pay for dark room chemicals. Over the years that passion cooled a bit, as other priorities competed for time.
Now that I'm having fun at Flickr, I sprung for a Nikon D200 and love it!
I get to travel frequently, but most of my photos are taken in Ohio, Minnesota, Ontario (Canada) and now Arizona – places where I have family, live or play.
Thanks to Flickr for introducing me to a wonderful community of great people and talented photographers who teach me something new every day. I’m honored by any of you who stop by or write a comment. Thanks!
Photos of Steve took it (5)
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,959,287 photos, 55,264 members
- Ohio Wildlife Photography 5,386 photos, 156 members
- A DOG SHOW. 1,854 photos, 141 members
- 100+ Favorites - Post 1, Comment & Fave 2 23,058 photos, 831 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 1,387,299 photos, 23,802 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 148,655 photos, 22,222 members
- Look out for Pirates by Invite only - *Refer to invite thread* 64,208 photos, 3,649 members
- No Chrome No Class! 77,256 photos, 835 members
- `|´ Trees die standing up `|´ please award, it's kind :) 57,904 photos, 4,198 members
- Mobile Macro Photography - An The App Whisperer Group 1,977 photos, 223 members
- Love, Peace and Happiness 6,185 photos, 316 members
- ~ The Flickr Collection (250+ Faves Only) ~ 325 photos, 463 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 13,185 photos, 3,637 members
- Guiding Lights 391 photos, 116 members
- Nature's Elite/PLEASE ONLY NATURE PHOTOS 93,206 photos, 1,837 members
- DROPSITY 356 photos, 39 members
- flickr every day! 763,279 photos, 7,237 members
- Youngtimers 85,665 photos, 1,459 members
- Seasons on me 91,380 photos, 2,619 members
- Eye Catchers 56,541 photos, 1,073 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 19,785 photos, 1,278 members
- Boing Boing 134,203 photos, 5,248 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 217,546 photos, 2,610 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 57,125 photos, 4,328 members
- Pawsome phoDOGraphy 96,953 photos, 4,448 members
- ! love my dog(s) 357,610 photos, 20,159 members
- Playful Dogs of Flickr 11,875 photos, 990 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 60,286 photos, 2,091 members
- Dog Expressions 359,947 photos, 33,405 members
- Puppy Love 51,086 photos, 5,911 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 36,078 photos, 2,765 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 15,311 photos, 653 members
- Light Stalking 90,667 photos, 3,300 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,744,704 photos, 114,506 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 70,044 photos, 4,273 members
- CAR [directory] 車 744,997 photos, 19,452 members
- Cars Cars Cars 1,057,183 photos, 23,078 members
- Car-photographer's digest 5,769 photos, 6,926 members
- CARS - السيارات - 車 - Autos - coches - автомоб 890,013 photos, 8,744 members
- * CARS, CARS, AND MORE CARS!!! (ONLY CARS) 196,725 photos, 4,219 members
- Breath-Takingly Beautiful(NO PEOPLE!!!) 26,321 photos, 1,427 members
- OLD CARS 296,307 photos, 4,064 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 866,812 photos, 19,647 members
- Early Cars to 1980's Cars 8,040 photos, 91 members
- Ohio Barns and Farms - Moderated Group 179 photos, 42 members
- ~nature meets structure~2 comments 24,873 photos, 2,022 members
- All about World 223,491 photos, 2,388 members
- Vision Quality 10 000 (P1/F2/C2) 354 photos, 152 members
- DM's Lair 25,829 photos, 768 members
- The PARAGON Gallery~Admin Invite - P1/A2-no heavy texture!! 13,689 photos, 825 members
"Never wasting an opportunity is what makes you such a great photographer. Seeing that something extra in the mundane every day events and objects in your world and then bringing what you see to life through your pictures... you are truely a joy and an inspiration to have as a contact (friend)."
December 25th, 2009
Dr Tao says:
"His Great Aunt Gertrude turned 100. Her favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. Nice, eh? Well, "Steve took it " is amazing not less than his Great Aunt. May be, that's why he can hear the quiet looking at fog. At reflections. At lake.
And may be, that's why clouds break & flowers glow - at just right time.Especially for him! Why? Because.... he knows how
to look at Beauty. At more worlds in worlds. How to look:
at cloudy water. At silhouettes. At first snow. At night palms. At autumn sunbeams. At silent stream.
BTW, Steve particularly fascinated with "raws of drops". He is documenting a Mystical Whisper of Universe:
Drops of last summer garden. Drops in drops. Sparkling drops of Spring. Drops of Art. Drops of Garden. Drops of roses. Drops of hearts. Drops of flowers. Drops of rainbow. ..
Well, he discovered how to transform waterdrops into a magic
realm of Art. Steve is the only one, who could create still life art
within drop motif. He experiments with fragile Universe inside fragile Worlds.
Yes, waterdrops are such simple objects. Actually only dharmas are more elementary. Oh, waterdrops - his true "Dhammapada". His "the path of dharma". Not in vain his fascination with watedrops has a very strong Zen-flavour. At this point "Steve took it" is the "awakened one". He is "awakened" from the fleetingness of everyday life into the permanence of the divine.
On one hand, he explores the minute details of nature, the everyday objects that go unnoticed. However on an other one, it"s not hard to see - "Steve took it" discovers the Worlds of complexity hidden in this simplest tiny drops of water. He has the most deep sense of Mystery of this unknown fragile Universe.
Surely, Steve is a High Class Photographer. Extremely refined Artist with absolutely creative vision & with unique sensitivity. Marvelous individual. A true sage. Philosopher. One of Flickr"s true treasures.... Scuzate me, while I kiss this guy ( kidding)."
August 31st, 2007
"Steve's artistry and vision inspire me - he sees an exquisite world I never notice and brings it to my attention - what a gift. I look forward to checking out his latest work on my Google Reader page nearly every day and it always feeds my hunger for beauty."
August 12th, 2007
"I joined Flickr two years ago and one of my first discoveries was the Steve factor. Steve is an artist, a naturalist, a story teller and a comedian. More importantly, he is genuine. He's one of those people you just know you would like to meet someday.
I think I was one of the first members of his fan club back then when we were both newbies, and 94 faves later, I still love this dear friend and his photography. Seriously, how could you resist a guy with a silly grin, sitting in a canoe with a suit on while he tells you about his cat with supernatural powers?!? Just when I think his world's gotten too big to remember an old friend, he proves me wrong.
So here's to you, Steve, and to the next 94 faves!"
July 26th, 2007
Innamorata Crush says:
"Steve's been with me for aaaaages, I am in awe of his wildlife photos, how he highlights personality in the image, his moose... just wonderful. It is easy to take steve for granted, his work is consistantly top, you expect to wow, and even so he can still get you with magical moments of light setting or rising, reflections on water, colours in leaves, flowers in raindrops.Today it was a comparitively simple image of freezing frost and trees all white and ghosty that made me gasp. For a valuable moment I was a mad, heart-broken woman wandering the cold woods looking for something I need very badly but never ever find.
thank you for being such a great, supportive friend, and for all your photgraphs.
February 24th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Steve is a brilliant photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. He produces world class images day after day....week after week.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's images here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Steve is a leader within the community, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
December 31st, 2006
Is one of my earlier contact on flickr.
I have visited his site here & goes through his images. I would like to testified that he is not a photographer!!
Steve is a Digital Imaging Artist, each of his master pieces are very well directed, compose, contrast, color, Positioning, planning.....
To sum up the total quality control & production.
I salute you for your efforts & contribution in sharing your treasure with us on the net.
You are a great artist....
Please network with him more often!!"
September 2nd, 2006
"I just spent the morning looking through Steve's images, and the total effect was staggering. He has a wonderful eye for light and composition, as well as the technical skill to capture what he sees. His work inspires me to pay attention, be patient, and master the tools."
January 18th, 2006
"Steve Wall is one of my absolute favorite flickr photographers. His photos have a glow and snap that make them seem to jump right off the screen and his wit and inner vision make each one a delight. I look forward to seeing his latest work on my contacts page every day."
December 16th, 2005
- Steve Wall
- December 2004