Count me among the legion of amateur photographers who began their affair with photography in the company of a Cannon AE-1. I focused on nature and wildlife photography, but took on a few senior portraits and wedding photos to pay for dark room chemicals. Over the years that passion cooled a bit, as other priorities competed for time.
Now that I'm having fun at Flickr, I sprung for a Nikon D200 and love it!
I get to travel frequently, but most of my photos are taken in Ohio, Minnesota, Ontario (Canada) and now Arizona – places where I have family, live or play.
Thanks to Flickr for introducing me to a wonderful community of great people and talented photographers who teach me something new every day. I’m honored by any of you who stop by or write a comment. Thanks!
Photos of Steve took it (4)
- Doors--Locks--Knockers--Hinges 920 photos, 33 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,172,332 photos, 57,794 members
- Ohio Wildlife Photography 6,215 photos, 163 members
- A DOG AND CAT SHOW. 3,490 photos, 140 members
- 100+ Favorites - Post 1, Comment & Fave 2 34,664 photos, 1,102 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 1,588,667 photos, 26,334 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 152,683 photos, 22,607 members
- Look out for Pirates by Invite only - *Refer to invite thread* 70,316 photos, 3,794 members
- No Chrome No Class! 87,623 photos, 830 members
- `|´ Trees die standing up `|´ please award, it's kind :) 58,324 photos, 4,177 members
- Mobile Macro Photography - An The App Whisperer Group 2,209 photos, 231 members
- Love, Peace and Happiness 6,691 photos, 317 members
- ~ The Flickr Collection (250+ Faves Only) ~ 313 photos, 449 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 12,976 photos, 3,529 members
- Guiding Lights 378 photos, 110 members
- Nature's Elite/PLEASE ONLY NATURE PHOTOS 102,954 photos, 1,870 members
- DROPSITY 369 photos, 38 members
- flickr every day! 904,700 photos, 8,188 members
- Youngtimers 95,774 photos, 1,474 members
- Seasons on me 93,019 photos, 2,622 members
- Eye Catchers 56,582 photos, 1,067 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 20,796 photos, 1,278 members
- Boing Boing 138,175 photos, 5,190 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 255,980 photos, 2,883 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 60,737 photos, 4,479 members
- Pawsome phoDOGraphy 100,052 photos, 4,515 members
- ! love my dog(s) 368,983 photos, 20,527 members
- Playful Dogs of Flickr 12,129 photos, 1,003 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 64,851 photos, 2,146 members
- Dog Expressions 368,428 photos, 34,202 members
- Puppy Love 51,286 photos, 5,931 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 36,903 photos, 2,795 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 16,199 photos, 650 members
- Light Stalking 97,438 photos, 3,332 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,378,092 photos, 118,691 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 69,524 photos, 4,247 members
- CAR [directory] 車 790,348 photos, 19,591 members
- Cars Cars Cars 1,126,657 photos, 23,307 members
- Car-photographer's digest 5,798 photos, 6,945 members
- CARS - السيارات - 車 - Autos - coches - автомоб 959,835 photos, 8,880 members
- * CARS, CARS, AND MORE CARS!!! (ONLY CARS) 206,496 photos, 4,357 members
- Breath-Takingly Beautiful(NO PEOPLE!!!) 26,589 photos, 1,423 members
- OLD CARS 329,808 photos, 4,148 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 974,536 photos, 20,710 members
- Early Cars to 1980's Cars 9,451 photos, 89 members
- Ohio Barns and Farms - Moderated Group 178 photos, 41 members
- ~nature meets structure~2 comments 24,732 photos, 2,005 members
- All about World 227,147 photos, 2,348 members
- Vision Quality 10 000 (P1/F2/C2) 342 photos, 150 members
- DM's Lair 27,837 photos, 826 members
"Never wasting an opportunity is what makes you such a great photographer. Seeing that something extra in the mundane every day events and objects in your world and then bringing what you see to life through your pictures... you are truely a joy and an inspiration to have as a contact (friend)."
December 25th, 2009
Dr Tao says:
"His Great Aunt Gertrude turned 100. Her favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. Nice, eh? Well, "Steve took it " is amazing not less than his Great Aunt. May be, that's why he can hear the quiet looking at fog. At reflections. At lake.
And may be, that's why clouds break & flowers glow - at just right time.Especially for him! Why? Because.... he knows how
to look at Beauty. At more worlds in worlds. How to look:
at cloudy water. At silhouettes. At first snow. At night palms. At autumn sunbeams. At silent stream.
BTW, Steve particularly fascinated with "raws of drops". He is documenting a Mystical Whisper of Universe:
Drops of last summer garden. Drops in drops. Sparkling drops of Spring. Drops of Art. Drops of Garden. Drops of roses. Drops of hearts. Drops of flowers. Drops of rainbow. ..
Well, he discovered how to transform waterdrops into a magic
realm of Art. Steve is the only one, who could create still life art
within drop motif. He experiments with fragile Universe inside fragile Worlds.
Yes, waterdrops are such simple objects. Actually only dharmas are more elementary. Oh, waterdrops - his true "Dhammapada". His "the path of dharma". Not in vain his fascination with watedrops has a very strong Zen-flavour. At this point "Steve took it" is the "awakened one". He is "awakened" from the fleetingness of everyday life into the permanence of the divine.
On one hand, he explores the minute details of nature, the everyday objects that go unnoticed. However on an other one, it"s not hard to see - "Steve took it" discovers the Worlds of complexity hidden in this simplest tiny drops of water. He has the most deep sense of Mystery of this unknown fragile Universe.
Surely, Steve is a High Class Photographer. Extremely refined Artist with absolutely creative vision & with unique sensitivity. Marvelous individual. A true sage. Philosopher. One of Flickr"s true treasures.... Scuzate me, while I kiss this guy ( kidding)."
August 31st, 2007
"Steve's artistry and vision inspire me - he sees an exquisite world I never notice and brings it to my attention - what a gift. I look forward to checking out his latest work on my Google Reader page nearly every day and it always feeds my hunger for beauty."
August 12th, 2007
"I joined Flickr two years ago and one of my first discoveries was the Steve factor. Steve is an artist, a naturalist, a story teller and a comedian. More importantly, he is genuine. He's one of those people you just know you would like to meet someday.
I think I was one of the first members of his fan club back then when we were both newbies, and 94 faves later, I still love this dear friend and his photography. Seriously, how could you resist a guy with a silly grin, sitting in a canoe with a suit on while he tells you about his cat with supernatural powers?!? Just when I think his world's gotten too big to remember an old friend, he proves me wrong.
So here's to you, Steve, and to the next 94 faves!"
July 26th, 2007
Innamorata Crush says:
"Steve's been with me for aaaaages, I am in awe of his wildlife photos, how he highlights personality in the image, his moose... just wonderful. It is easy to take steve for granted, his work is consistantly top, you expect to wow, and even so he can still get you with magical moments of light setting or rising, reflections on water, colours in leaves, flowers in raindrops.Today it was a comparitively simple image of freezing frost and trees all white and ghosty that made me gasp. For a valuable moment I was a mad, heart-broken woman wandering the cold woods looking for something I need very badly but never ever find.
thank you for being such a great, supportive friend, and for all your photgraphs.
February 24th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Steve is a brilliant photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. He produces world class images day after day....week after week.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's images here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Steve is a leader within the community, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
December 31st, 2006
Is one of my earlier contact on flickr.
I have visited his site here & goes through his images. I would like to testified that he is not a photographer!!
Steve is a Digital Imaging Artist, each of his master pieces are very well directed, compose, contrast, color, Positioning, planning.....
To sum up the total quality control & production.
I salute you for your efforts & contribution in sharing your treasure with us on the net.
You are a great artist....
Please network with him more often!!"
September 2nd, 2006
"I just spent the morning looking through Steve's images, and the total effect was staggering. He has a wonderful eye for light and composition, as well as the technical skill to capture what he sees. His work inspires me to pay attention, be patient, and master the tools."
January 18th, 2006
"Steve Wall is one of my absolute favorite flickr photographers. His photos have a glow and snap that make them seem to jump right off the screen and his wit and inner vision make each one a delight. I look forward to seeing his latest work on my contacts page every day."
December 16th, 2005
- Steve Wall
- December 2004