Count me among the legion of amateur photographers who began their affair with photography in the company of a Cannon AE-1. I focused on nature and wildlife photography, but took on a few senior portraits and wedding photos to pay for dark room chemicals. Over the years that passion cooled a bit, as other priorities competed for time.
Now that I'm having fun at Flickr, I sprung for a Nikon D200 and love it!
I get to travel frequently, but most of my photos are taken in Ohio, Minnesota, Ontario (Canada) and now Arizona – places where I have family, live or play.
Thanks to Flickr for introducing me to a wonderful community of great people and talented photographers who teach me something new every day. I’m honored by any of you who stop by or write a comment. Thanks!
Photos of Steve took it (5)
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 127,052 photos, 20,105 members
- Look out for Pirates by Invite only - *Refer to invite thread* 42,910 photos, 2,386 members
- No Chrome No Class! 56,861 photos, 750 members
- I do it my way 5,513 photos, 97 members
- `|´ Trees die standing up `|´ please award, it's kind :) 53,180 photos, 4,175 members
- Mobile Macro Photography - An The App Whisperer Group 956 photos, 139 members
- Love, Peace and Happiness 1,679 photos, 83 members
- ~ The Flickr Collection (250+ Faves Only) ~ 316 photos, 283 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) 13,692 photos, 3,916 members
- Guiding Lights 400 photos, 122 members
- Nature's Elite/PLEASE ONLY NATURE PHOTOS 48,652 photos, 1,509 members
- DROPSITY 116 photos, 35 members
- flickr every day! 276,084 photos, 3,304 members
- Youngtimers 56,646 photos, 1,386 members
- Seasons on me 67,007 photos, 2,338 members
- Eye Catchers 49,946 photos, 1,023 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 15,484 photos, 1,080 members
- Boing Boing 117,245 photos, 5,267 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 90,024 photos, 1,426 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 44,473 photos, 3,557 members
- Pawsome phoDOGraphy 84,174 photos, 4,082 members
- ! love my dog(s) 325,968 photos, 18,569 members
- Playful Dogs of Flickr 11,581 photos, 941 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 39,568 photos, 1,754 members
- Dog Expressions 328,125 photos, 30,464 members
- Puppy Love 49,396 photos, 5,734 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 28,675 photos, 2,293 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 11,407 photos, 640 members
- Light Stalking 67,531 photos, 3,160 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,766,291 photos, 99,360 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 71,041 photos, 4,216 members
- CAR [directory] 車 597,951 photos, 18,239 members
- Cars Cars Cars 845,958 photos, 21,593 members
- Car-photographer's digest 5,604 photos, 6,724 members
- CARS - السيارات - 車 - Autos - coches - автомоб 676,405 photos, 8,006 members
- * CARS, CARS, AND MORE CARS!!! (ONLY CARS) 155,758 photos, 4,181 members
- Breath-Takingly Beautiful(NO PEOPLE!!!) 26,402 photos, 1,449 members
- OLD CARS 210,849 photos, 3,640 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 591,541 photos, 15,767 members
- Early Cars to 1980's Cars 5,549 photos, 79 members
- Ohio Barns and Farms - Moderated Group 179 photos, 37 members
- ~nature meets structure~2 comments 24,945 photos, 2,065 members
- All about World 177,036 photos, 2,452 members
- Vision Quality 10 000 (P1/F2/C2) 360 photos, 154 members
- DM's Lair 19,851 photos, 662 members
- The PARAGON Gallery~Admin Invite - P1/A2-no heavy texture!! 13,908 photos, 840 members
- **Simply Superb (Comment 3 Please)** 224,175 photos, 8,557 members
- Inspired by the group of seven 13 photos, 8 members
- MACRO MAGISTER - Invite only - (Post 1/ Comm 2) 4,543 photos, 318 members
- SOLO GOTAS 7,859 photos, 1,296 members
"Never wasting an opportunity is what makes you such a great photographer. Seeing that something extra in the mundane every day events and objects in your world and then bringing what you see to life through your pictures... you are truely a joy and an inspiration to have as a contact (friend)."
December 25th, 2009
Dr Tao says:
"His Great Aunt Gertrude turned 100. Her favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. Nice, eh? Well, "Steve took it " is amazing not less than his Great Aunt. May be, that's why he can hear the quiet looking at fog. At reflections. At lake.
And may be, that's why clouds break & flowers glow - at just right time.Especially for him! Why? Because.... he knows how
to look at Beauty. At more worlds in worlds. How to look:
at cloudy water. At silhouettes. At first snow. At night palms. At autumn sunbeams. At silent stream.
BTW, Steve particularly fascinated with "raws of drops". He is documenting a Mystical Whisper of Universe:
Drops of last summer garden. Drops in drops. Sparkling drops of Spring. Drops of Art. Drops of Garden. Drops of roses. Drops of hearts. Drops of flowers. Drops of rainbow. ..
Well, he discovered how to transform waterdrops into a magic
realm of Art. Steve is the only one, who could create still life art
within drop motif. He experiments with fragile Universe inside fragile Worlds.
Yes, waterdrops are such simple objects. Actually only dharmas are more elementary. Oh, waterdrops - his true "Dhammapada". His "the path of dharma". Not in vain his fascination with watedrops has a very strong Zen-flavour. At this point "Steve took it" is the "awakened one". He is "awakened" from the fleetingness of everyday life into the permanence of the divine.
On one hand, he explores the minute details of nature, the everyday objects that go unnoticed. However on an other one, it"s not hard to see - "Steve took it" discovers the Worlds of complexity hidden in this simplest tiny drops of water. He has the most deep sense of Mystery of this unknown fragile Universe.
Surely, Steve is a High Class Photographer. Extremely refined Artist with absolutely creative vision & with unique sensitivity. Marvelous individual. A true sage. Philosopher. One of Flickr"s true treasures.... Scuzate me, while I kiss this guy ( kidding)."
August 31st, 2007
"Steve's artistry and vision inspire me - he sees an exquisite world I never notice and brings it to my attention - what a gift. I look forward to checking out his latest work on my Google Reader page nearly every day and it always feeds my hunger for beauty."
August 12th, 2007
"I joined Flickr two years ago and one of my first discoveries was the Steve factor. Steve is an artist, a naturalist, a story teller and a comedian. More importantly, he is genuine. He's one of those people you just know you would like to meet someday.
I think I was one of the first members of his fan club back then when we were both newbies, and 94 faves later, I still love this dear friend and his photography. Seriously, how could you resist a guy with a silly grin, sitting in a canoe with a suit on while he tells you about his cat with supernatural powers?!? Just when I think his world's gotten too big to remember an old friend, he proves me wrong.
So here's to you, Steve, and to the next 94 faves!"
July 26th, 2007
Innamorata Crush says:
"Steve's been with me for aaaaages, I am in awe of his wildlife photos, how he highlights personality in the image, his moose... just wonderful. It is easy to take steve for granted, his work is consistantly top, you expect to wow, and even so he can still get you with magical moments of light setting or rising, reflections on water, colours in leaves, flowers in raindrops.Today it was a comparitively simple image of freezing frost and trees all white and ghosty that made me gasp. For a valuable moment I was a mad, heart-broken woman wandering the cold woods looking for something I need very badly but never ever find.
thank you for being such a great, supportive friend, and for all your photgraphs.
February 24th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Steve is a brilliant photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. He produces world class images day after day....week after week.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's images here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Steve is a leader within the community, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
December 31st, 2006
Is one of my earlier contact on flickr.
I have visited his site here & goes through his images. I would like to testified that he is not a photographer!!
Steve is a Digital Imaging Artist, each of his master pieces are very well directed, compose, contrast, color, Positioning, planning.....
To sum up the total quality control & production.
I salute you for your efforts & contribution in sharing your treasure with us on the net.
You are a great artist....
Please network with him more often!!"
September 2nd, 2006
"I just spent the morning looking through Steve's images, and the total effect was staggering. He has a wonderful eye for light and composition, as well as the technical skill to capture what he sees. His work inspires me to pay attention, be patient, and master the tools."
January 18th, 2006
"Steve Wall is one of my absolute favorite flickr photographers. His photos have a glow and snap that make them seem to jump right off the screen and his wit and inner vision make each one a delight. I look forward to seeing his latest work on my contacts page every day."
December 16th, 2005
- Steve Wall
- December 2004