Count me among the legion of amateur photographers who began their affair with photography in the company of a Cannon AE-1. I focused on nature and wildlife photography, but took on a few senior portraits and wedding photos to pay for dark room chemicals. Over the years that passion cooled a bit, as other priorities competed for time.
Now that I'm having fun at Flickr, I sprung for a Nikon D200 and love it!
I get to travel frequently, but most of my photos are taken in Ohio, Minnesota, Ontario (Canada) and now Arizona – places where I have family, live or play.
Thanks to Flickr for introducing me to a wonderful community of great people and talented photographers who teach me something new every day. I’m honored by any of you who stop by or write a comment. Thanks!
Photos of Steve took it (4)
- Guiding Lights 318 photos, 102 members
- Nature's Elite 7,917 photos, 864 members
- Art Tumulus 0 photos, 1 member
- DROPSITY 76 photos, 34 members
- flickr every day! 58,833 photos, 968 members
- Youngtimers 22,591 photos, 1,287 members
- Seasons on me 36,161 photos, 1,578 members
- Eye Catchers 43,347 photos, 992 members
- GreenScene**** ~ [ post 1/award 2 ] 16,468 photos, 1,073 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 14,773 photos, 970 members
- Boing Boing 88,682 photos, 4,921 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 28,225 photos, 584 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 30,328 photos, 2,593 members
- Pawsome phoDOGraphy 71,228 photos, 3,643 members
- ! love my dog(s) 287,366 photos, 17,166 members
- Playful Dogs of Flickr 9,283 photos, 896 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 28,065 photos, 1,492 members
- Dog Expressions 295,033 photos, 28,633 members
- Puppy Love 46,449 photos, 5,548 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 23,723 photos, 1,756 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 8,008 photos, 596 members
- Light Stalking 42,517 photos, 2,583 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,915,793 photos, 81,905 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 73,617 photos, 4,061 members
- CAR [directory] 車 469,597 photos, 16,341 members
- Cars Cars Cars 642,515 photos, 18,493 members
- Car-photographer's digest 5,364 photos, 6,403 members
- CARS - السيارات - 車 - Autos - coches - автомоб 503,141 photos, 6,663 members
- * CARS, CARS, AND MORE CARS!!! (NEW AWARDS) 101,643 photos, 3,770 members
- Breath-Takingly Beautiful(NO PEOPLE!!!) 26,737 photos, 1,461 members
- OLD CARS 175,029 photos, 3,277 members
- World of Classic Cars 401,655 photos, 11,822 members
- Early Cars to 1980's Cars 4,485 photos, 68 members
- Ohio Barns and Farms - Moderated Group 66 photos, 23 members
- ~nature meets structure~2 comments 25,385 photos, 2,119 members
- All about World 140,863 photos, 2,411 members
- Vision Quality 10 000 (P1/F2/C2) 336 photos, 157 members
- DM's Lair 12,387 photos, 590 members
- The PARAGON Gallery~Admin Invite - P1/A2-no heavy texture!! 13,945 photos, 881 members
- **Simply Superb (Post 1 & Comment 3)** 96,931 photos, 5,739 members
- Inspired by the group of seven 14 photos, 10 members
- MACRO MAGISTER - Invite only - (Post 1/ Comm 2) 4,597 photos, 332 members
- SOLO GOTAS 7,827 photos, 1,184 members
- 100+ Masterpieces (Post one, Comment and Fave One) 3,138 photos, 261 members
- canada the land the people the history and experience 17,476 photos, 309 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 35,690 photos, 2,925 members
- The Physics Classroom Flickr Group 2,568 photos, 273 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 173,509 photos, 8,980 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 1,681,539 photos, 40,605 members
- Lovely villages, fields, meadows, swamps & countryside 253,200 photos, 7,134 members
"Never wasting an opportunity is what makes you such a great photographer. Seeing that something extra in the mundane every day events and objects in your world and then bringing what you see to life through your pictures... you are truely a joy and an inspiration to have as a contact (friend)."
25th December, 2009
Dr Tao says:
"His Great Aunt Gertrude turned 100. Her favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. Nice, eh? Well, "Steve took it " is amazing not less than his Great Aunt. May be, that's why he can hear the quiet looking at fog. At reflections. At lake.
And may be, that's why clouds break & flowers glow - at just right time.Especially for him! Why? Because.... he knows how
to look at Beauty. At more worlds in worlds. How to look:
at cloudy water. At silhouettes. At first snow. At night palms. At autumn sunbeams. At silent stream.
BTW, Steve particularly fascinated with "raws of drops". He is documenting a Mystical Whisper of Universe:
Drops of last summer garden. Drops in drops. Sparkling drops of Spring. Drops of Art. Drops of Garden. Drops of roses. Drops of hearts. Drops of flowers. Drops of rainbow. ..
Well, he discovered how to transform waterdrops into a magic
realm of Art. Steve is the only one, who could create still life art
within drop motif. He experiments with fragile Universe inside fragile Worlds.
Yes, waterdrops are such simple objects. Actually only dharmas are more elementary. Oh, waterdrops - his true "Dhammapada". His "the path of dharma". Not in vain his fascination with watedrops has a very strong Zen-flavour. At this point "Steve took it" is the "awakened one". He is "awakened" from the fleetingness of everyday life into the permanence of the divine.
On one hand, he explores the minute details of nature, the everyday objects that go unnoticed. However on an other one, it"s not hard to see - "Steve took it" discovers the Worlds of complexity hidden in this simplest tiny drops of water. He has the most deep sense of Mystery of this unknown fragile Universe.
Surely, Steve is a High Class Photographer. Extremely refined Artist with absolutely creative vision & with unique sensitivity. Marvelous individual. A true sage. Philosopher. One of Flickr"s true treasures.... Scuzate me, while I kiss this guy ( kidding)."
31st August, 2007
"Steve's artistry and vision inspire me - he sees an exquisite world I never notice and brings it to my attention - what a gift. I look forward to checking out his latest work on my Google Reader page nearly every day and it always feeds my hunger for beauty."
12th August, 2007
"I joined Flickr two years ago and one of my first discoveries was the Steve factor. Steve is an artist, a naturalist, a story teller and a comedian. More importantly, he is genuine. He's one of those people you just know you would like to meet someday.
I think I was one of the first members of his fan club back then when we were both newbies, and 94 faves later, I still love this dear friend and his photography. Seriously, how could you resist a guy with a silly grin, sitting in a canoe with a suit on while he tells you about his cat with supernatural powers?!? Just when I think his world's gotten too big to remember an old friend, he proves me wrong.
So here's to you, Steve, and to the next 94 faves!"
26th July, 2007
Innamorata Crush says:
"Steve's been with me for aaaaages, I am in awe of his wildlife photos, how he highlights personality in the image, his moose... just wonderful. It is easy to take steve for granted, his work is consistantly top, you expect to wow, and even so he can still get you with magical moments of light setting or rising, reflections on water, colours in leaves, flowers in raindrops.Today it was a comparitively simple image of freezing frost and trees all white and ghosty that made me gasp. For a valuable moment I was a mad, heart-broken woman wandering the cold woods looking for something I need very badly but never ever find.
thank you for being such a great, supportive friend, and for all your photgraphs.
24th February, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Steve is a brilliant photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. He produces world class images day after day....week after week.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's images here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Steve is a leader within the community, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
31st December, 2006
Is one of my earlier contact on flickr.
I have visited his site here & goes through his images. I would like to testified that he is not a photographer!!
Steve is a Digital Imaging Artist, each of his master pieces are very well directed, compose, contrast, color, Positioning, planning.....
To sum up the total quality control & production.
I salute you for your efforts & contribution in sharing your treasure with us on the net.
You are a great artist....
Please network with him more often!!"
2nd September, 2006
"I just spent the morning looking through Steve's images, and the total effect was staggering. He has a wonderful eye for light and composition, as well as the technical skill to capture what he sees. His work inspires me to pay attention, be patient, and master the tools."
18th January, 2006
"Steve Wall is one of my absolute favorite flickr photographers. His photos have a glow and snap that make them seem to jump right off the screen and his wit and inner vision make each one a delight. I look forward to seeing his latest work on my contacts page every day."
16th December, 2005
- Steve Wall
- December 2004