Winner of the International "Astronomy Photographer of the Year, 2010 in the category People and Space. Featured on ABC 7 news, San Francisco, and in a short feature by Buzz Films, United Kingdom; an instructor at StarCircleAcademy.com a Bay Area Night Photography group co-organizer, and an assistant instructor for Point Reyes National Seashore Association. I was runner up in the same contest and category in 2012, too.
If you want to purchase my work, see my store. Items that do not appear in the store but are on my Flickr pages can be ordered. To order things not in the store or to license my work (it's all protected by copyright), send me an email through Flickr. For license requests please include the media that you see, the print run / website appearance, and terms you require.
You are welcome to comment on my work, however please note that I delete notes and comments that contain:
1. Profanity or vulgarity no matter how much you like my work, there is no need to be profane.
2. Gaudy or large "award" photos
3. Self promoting comments (e.g. "Visit my Photostream" stuff with your pictures in it)
4. Off topic comments or comments where the poster appears to be pleading for attention.
5. Invitations that require "comments" or invites. These groups ruin the chance of making it into Flickr Explore and generally do not offer useful critiques - and often have poor quality photos as a result of the "must invite" requirement.
I *welcome* critical comments that are constructive like "the subject is not clear because ..." or "I would prefer to see more detail in the ..."
I *may* mark you as a contact if:
1. Your photostream does not - in my opinion - contain profane or vulgar content.
2. Something in your photostream demonstrates a skill or method or locations that *I* find interesting to look at: for me that means mostly night and landscape photography.
3. As near as I can observe you behave kindly toward others.
Most popular photos
Photos of Steven Christenson
TestimonialsWrite a testimonial
Steven progresses our genre imaginatively, but probably more so technically. His images have a procession and consistency that I envy. His exposures are right on. I feel like my nights out are hit or miss on what I get, but from viewing his photostream, I get a sense of "foundation" and... consistency. I admire that ve… Read more
Steven progresses our genre imaginatively, but probably more so technically. His images have a procession and consistency that I envy. His exposures are right on. I feel like my nights out are hit or miss on what I get, but from viewing his photostream, I get a sense of "foundation" and... consistency. I admire that very much. Also, following his Flickr stream, his passion for the night sky is unmistakable. It's something special to find another person that sees and feels the love for something that you, yourself, feel. With Steven, I know we share that :-) His presence on Flickr is something special for us all to enjoy and be bettered by!Read less