- Kodak Medalist Pics 1,415 photos, 157 members
- Solar Eclipse March 2015 670 photos, 240 members
- Skedvik 276 photos, 2 members
- This is Why I Bought A Camera 607,392 photos, 9,769 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,145,385 photos, 42,750 members
- Nikon F3 50,334 photos, 3,440 members
- Stand Development 8,708 photos, 889 members
- Industar 69 1,104 photos, 255 members
- SONY α NEX with Old Lens 50,113 photos, 1,648 members
- iStockphoto 1,691 photos, 490 members
- Sony Nex Cameras and Manual Lenses 26,474 photos, 967 members
- Classic Lenses on NEX 40,747 photos, 1,691 members
- AlternativePhotography.com 14,792 photos, 1,408 members
- Home-made large format cameras 923 photos, 342 members
- Homemade Lens 8,428 photos, 2,397 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 396,777 photos, 10,836 members
- Camera Parade 6,413 photos, 401 members
- Keep It Simple Stupid 64 photos, 9 members
- Olympus Trip 35 - One Photo Per Person 85 photos, 139 members
- Vignette for Android 27,715 photos, 2,100 members
- Camera-wiki.org 81,576 photos, 2,172 members
- The Hereford & Herefordshire Photography Group - *come join us! 4,236 photos, 209 members
- Night Trip 35 1,035 photos, 1,057 members
- Olympus Trip 35 47,548 photos, 6,300 members
- Yashica TLR Unlimited 46,761 photos, 3,104 members
- Polaroid One 600 Classic 434 photos, 77 members
- Zeiss Ikon Medium Format Group 12,829 photos, 1,809 members
- Sigma 12-24 16,163 photos, 1,646 members
- MINILABS ▣▤▥▧▨▦▩ Cross Process information � 535 photos, 158 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 199,627 photos, 19,722 members
- Nikkor on Canon 5,130 photos, 257 members
- Exceptional Ireland 14,290 photos, 1,086 members
- Tamron Adaptall 4,445 photos, 180 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 42,123 photos, 11,302 members
- Irish Election Posters 304 photos, 101 members
- In Print 7,945 photos, 441 members
- Manual Focus Forum 13,461 photos, 220 members
- Sequences and Stories 0 photos, 74 members
- Anthropomorphism 2,476 photos, 439 members
- Canon EOS 30D 126,661 photos, 5,508 members
- Tamron Adaptall Mount 10,548 photos, 832 members
- fiddles 1,824 photos, 296 members
- M42 213,614 photos, 10,008 members
- concrete beauty 22,223 photos, 2,269 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 91,332 photos, 5,417 members
- beautiful decay. 363,305 photos, 11,588 members
- Cliffs of Moher 1,393 photos, 419 members
- Emerald Island 31,009 photos, 831 members
- The Co Curators' Resource 12 photos, 83 members
- Cheap Lens Converters 956 photos, 160 members
"One of the joys of flickr is the chance to meet talented photographers who are also amazing people. I've learned alot from Steve. He's got a passion for both the technical and the emotive sides of photography. He's funny, smart, and sharp. Best of all, he's never lost that wild, boyish, enthusiasm that is evident in his choice of photographic subject matter and his razor-sharp critiques."
June 16th, 2007
"Steve (with or without the u) is a huge champion of unloved lenses, and I'm inspired by how many different views of the world he coaxes from them. He has a sharp eye, a quick wit, and a wonderful sense of landscape and space -- plus he's always experimenting, trying out something new, tweaking his gear and tinkering with the results. plus he has a boat -- and a goat! can't wait to go shooting in those gren green hills with him someday..."
January 9th, 2007
"I met Steve on another website - but we once had a real-life meet in a forest - I last saw him hanging from a tree! Luckily for us he came down from the trees...
Lucky for us because Steve takes some really beautiful photographs. Steve's photostream is worthy of a bookmark, go on, do it!"
August 25th, 2006
"We met at another website, and since then we seem to meet all over the web :) Here on flickr he's always one of the first I click, when I look at the thumbnails of my friends. And I am never disappointed! Stunning landscapes, fantastic skies, honest and very good portraits, ticks, ruins and Billy of course. He's a good flickr- friend, he really helped me when I first came here, and whenever I have a question he always helps or explains everything. You really should take the time to view his stream. Really."
July 8th, 2006
"I've known Steve for a good time now on Flickr, and he's become someone that I trust, speaks his mind, and seems a genuinely good and interesting person. If I stayed at his house, it would really feel like home (I think). He puts out a lot of good vibes.
His photography always has a trademark style. His love of old junken abandoned automobiles defies the most hardily-minded. What I admire the most is his willingness to share his process. I always look forward to seeing his photos."
March 13th, 2006
"...the ability to reveal the deepest corners of his world and to share them with us all, SteveFE seems to be a generous man with many glimpses of the world to share. I'm particularly fond of his keen grasp of the Irish countryside and the nostalgic wonders he unearths. SteveFE is an inspiration and one talented Flickrite..."
February 20th, 2006
Kevin Day says:
"I have often been told that "variety is the spice of life", well it doesn't get much spicier than Steve's stream. Just when you wonder how he could improve on a shot of a derelict building you are presented with a delightfully telling portrait followed by a beautifull landscape that leaves you speechless... and then there's the goat.
Steve is a valued contact that I am really proud to know and a friend that is honest both to his art and as a critic. He is a fountain of information and is generous almost to a fault in his willingness to share that knowledge
This world needs more SFE's"
February 8th, 2006
Kalense Kid says:
"Steve gives me the impression of someone never satisfied with anything less than excellent. From bug shots to pictures of wind turbines, from portraits to heaps of rust, from moody landscapes to bits of guitars… how can you classify a photographer who shows us his whole world with such clarity and impact? Stylistically, just when you think you’re getting a vision of what he does, he’ll smack you in the eye with something utterly different. He even has great shots of a goat, for chrissake! Look at the list of groups Steve belongs to. That’ll give you a hint of his photographic reach.
And if you’re unfortunate enough to belong to the same critique group as Steve, you’ll learn a lot as you reel under his punchy and accurate remarks.
Although he’d be the last to admit it, when it comes to technical knowledge of photography he’s a traffic island or two ahead of the rest of us.
Steve? A guy I'd be proud to have as a friend in the real world, not just on flickr."
January 29th, 2006
"About time I got around to this:
Steve is... the guy who introduced me to Flickr; a dude; a man with a great eye; creative; talented; not afraid to try something new; a gentleman; good with a camera.
Spend the time to browse his stream - it's a very rewarding experience."
January 26th, 2006
"Steve rocks. Period. He's invariably kind, an excellent photographer with a wide range of subjects (he's most famous for decay, but he's also been known to take excellent shots of magical buildings, cats, children, multiple selves... all of them stunning), and always willing to offer suggestions as to how to help fix a photo. What else can you ask for?"
December 10th, 2005
"The fact that Steve has got a photoset labelled ‘my favourite ruin’ might give something away. I just love his pics of derelict cottages. And somehow his pictures of goats always end up in my favourites.
Steve’s photos are definitely worth looking at!"
October 8th, 2005
"Steve's photographs are amazing. The shots of the countryside...the empty houses he manages to find..the ironic juxtapositions of light, color and circumstance---great art and, I wonder, a glimpse into his good soul as well? For a day at least, I would like to see the world the way he sees it. Until then, we've got his marvelous photos."
June 7th, 2005
"SteveFE has a very eclectic style, but if there's one thread that bonds his photos its that you come away from them with a powerful feeling. Whether it's this picture of a daisy whose minimalistic nature is so powerful, (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevefe/13394735)
or this bubble picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevefe/10106543/)
or this picture of a virgin Mary statue (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevefe/11466083/)
you will be left feeling as though you have witnessed something profound. Some of it has to do with the amazing quality of his work and some with the fact that it's in Ireland (a place with lots of punch to begin with). You won't be the same after these photos."
May 11th, 2005
"Steve has a real flare for photography and a natural knack for getting his pictures framed and subtly manipulated for maximum impact."
April 25th, 2005
- March 2005
- I am:
- Male and Single