An Englishman living in Canada.
Dedicated fine art photography graduate who is passionate about imagery as a form of expression and communication. I give great emphasis to self-challenge, within the realms of photography and video, to convey impressions, emotions and statements conclusively.
Hopefully my work entertains and motivates others to think more.
I also Twitter
- Wearable Art Project 5 photos, 5 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT 224,159 photos, 18,084 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,767 photos, 21,492 members
- Lego Advent Calendar 704 photos, 33 members
- Tron 1,571 photos, 367 members
- Movie Inspired Madness 322 photos, 31 members
- Photoshop Professionals 124,848 photos, 6,144 members
- Photomanipulation 116,451 photos, 7,582 members
- Photographic Art 217,282 photos, 5,887 members
- LEGO MOC ideas 11,933 photos, 849 members
- Flickr Monthly Scavenger Hunt 120,985 photos, 718 members
- I LOVE THE OCEAN! 110,768 photos, 5,790 members
- Boards of Canada 4,497 photos, 541 members
- Flickr Natural History Museum 11,904 photos, 639 members
- Taxidermy 7,142 photos, 922 members
- Self Portraits 145,201 photos, 11,009 members
- Toys Aren't Just For Kids :) 19,934 photos, 343 members
- All photos group 163,852 photos, 921 members
- Downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada 1,596 photos, 49 members
- Club Grimlock 190 photos, 26 members
- Chipmunks And Squirrels 7,930 photos, 803 members
- Portraits Of Transformers 2,233 photos, 110 members
- Hipstamatic Canada 4,660 photos, 160 members
- Télégramme Magazine 114,983 photos, 2,878 members
- Aut - Aut - Video 29 photos, 13 members
- Photos Unite Us 205 photos, 52 members
- FLICKR! GOES VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO 10,639 photos, 1,308 members
- MOVIE WATCHER 421 photos, 70 members
- Starbucks Cups 144 photos, 68 members
- MARVEL ACTION FIGURES, COLLECTIBLES AND COSTUMES 14,631 photos, 896 members
- Zombie Army 17,933 photos, 2,135 members
- Zombie Walk Canada 4,316 photos, 304 members
- OUTERSPACE 3,047 photos, 389 members
- T-Shirts 18,670 photos, 5,027 members
- T-Shirt Revolution 20,077 photos, 3,761 members
- T-Shirt Design 29,307 photos, 5,455 members
- The Teefury Product Pic Pool 342 photos, 79 members
- Mission 24 2,923 photos, 1,124 members
- creepy rabbits 1,087 photos, 394 members
- Weddings 129,252 photos, 11,487 members
- Shoot Me, Shoot You 23 photos, 32 members
- Retro Toys 5,427 photos, 314 members
- Retrø 35,855 photos, 4,582 members
- Brighton Explore Images ( taken in Brighton and Hove, England) 690 photos, 82 members
- Canon EOS 500D (aka Rebel T1i & Kiss X3 Digital) 250,989 photos, 7,365 members
- OneMillionGiraffes 371 photos, 65 members
- Rural Britain in Medium Format 2,817 photos, 161 members
- Creative concepts 37,341 photos, 1,612 members
- Dark ART 226,181 photos, 19,378 members
- Odd, Strange, Abnormal 19,908 photos, 899 members
"From his clever and creative self-portraits, to his highly imaginative "Other Worlds" remixes, to his thoughtful observations of life, and so much more -- Matt has a true "artist's eye" that is a pure wonder to behold.
And the fact that he's a fellow geek, and that comes out a lot in his work, is just icing on the cake!
He's a true rising star talent, and definitely one to watch!"
August 31st, 2009
Sion Fullana says:
"Some day, Matt will TRULY realize how HUGE an artist he already is... in the meantime... we all know it... and I'll be here day after day, photo after photo, to remind him of it...
Creativity, some geekiness, and tons of talent..."
July 26th, 2009
splendid trail says:
"Discovered Fanboy30 (Matt) through the 365 project and found we had a mutual liking for abstract and minimalistic photography. Matt is capable of catching detail and texture in a way that I can only dream of, which is why I hate his f****** guts:) Nah....
Hes got spirit and integrity with genuine talent and it shows in his photographs. I also think hes a vampire.
I'm glad to have met you sir and look forward to meeting you in person one day.
July 22nd, 2009
"Matt has an amazing capacity to capture honesty and humanity with his photos. He always knows when to press the shutter button, to catch that glint in someone's eye as they speak. He inspires me to do better, and that's perhaps the greatest compliment I can give."
June 11th, 2009
Yellow Bear says:
"Looking back through Matts self-portraits has made me realise just how many creative/original ideas are in the guys head! so many photos with so much diversity between them! I haven't seen a better 365 project.
His other photography also has a unique stlye, drawing attention to the important things in his life.
He's a truely lovely guy, I wish I could have met him earlier!"
January 22nd, 2009
"There isn't a time that I view Fanboy30's work and not find something that I say "wow" over... There are so many layers and styles that I can say he's any one type of photographer, and I'd imagine that's exactly what he wants. Thanks for the inspiration!"
January 15th, 2009
"I wonder why I haven't wrote anything here yet...
ANYWAY, Matt is the best! As I've said once: talking to him is like an 90's rock kid talking to Axel Rose.
He's funny, he listens, he inspires, and he gives hope!
YOU GO MATT!"
November 19th, 2008
Andy Simpson AKA says:
"A clarity of colour, texture and composition that's been a real inspiration to me. Also a great player in the renaissance of the Brighton group, and he's a Photoshop ninja too.
Top stuff Matt!"
October 27th, 2008
"There's so much emotion in Matt's photography, from the humorous highs to moments of vulnerability. He maintains such a high quality of work throughout the thousands of photos in his stream. His 365 set is *not* to be missed. I'm always excited to see what he has up his sleeves. He's an incredibly talented photographer who I know will be doing big things some day. Cheers!!"
March 24th, 2008
Mister Rad says:
"I don't really feel that I'm worthy of writing this, but I've been meaning to give it a try for ages, so here goes.
You don't need to delve deep into Matt's photo-stream to see how much talent he has, but it's worth it if you do. He's got an incredible eye for finding that one spontaneous shot - over and over again. Of course, it doesn't end there, because the thought that goes into the post-production on every shot is considered and careful. He puts a lot in and as a viewer, you get a lot out.
Then, of course, there's the effort he puts in to creating a shot. If he's not out observing the amazing things in the world around us, he's creating something interesting and fascinating to see. His portraits in particular (of himself and of others) are amazing.
I'm glad I can call Matt a friend, and I always enjoy his shots. Cheers, mate. And keep 'em coming. :)"
March 23rd, 2008
pete sonntag says:
"Matt is a great accomplished photographer. He manages to take the most simple shots and turn them into a masterpiece.
I know this because we have taken images of the same thing and his always look fantastic while mine were not even worth opening with PS.
When he uses props, his shots become absolutely stunning, captivating and beautiful.
Every time i log into Flickr i look at Matt's photostream, just to see what he's been up to.
If you are reading this you will already know he is talented, o and also looks very cool in dapper clothes. So I'm glad i added him as a contact a few months ago.
We've met up a few times and enjoyed a few pints of cider at our local boozery, he's a really nice person, great in fact, gentle, always friendly and easy to talk to, also he is kind and good with kids. My little boy loves him and the contents of his pockets (camera, wallet, phone).
Great images as always Matt, keep up the work and also keep an eye out for that next project.
October 6th, 2007
"Matt... always clever and always well thought out! you really get a sense that he is at one with his camera. his shots always have great details, quality and overall jazz! there isn't a day that goes by where you will see a marginal photo in his stream! they are always top shelf and ROCK STAR! of course he is a big tosser... but we don't hold that against him. =)"
June 17th, 2007
"It's difficult to say anything new that hasn't already been said about Matt and his superb photography. My regret is that I wasn't able to type a testimonial before others did, so they would struggle like I am doing now.
I see a lot of myself in Matt and his work (and no doubt, you do too). This is not to say that Matt isn't original, he most certainly is. He takes the photographs and has the capacity to record an observation, an emotion, an object or a subject that we would readily pass by. Does he have extra sight? I think so.
His execution is outstanding in ways that I could never even come close to.
I would like to close now and use the word "burp', for no other reason apart from the fact that no other person has used this in their testimonial for Matt. A random word, just to add a little originality; mainly for myself, to make me smile at least.
Matt - you are a star, and I adore you :)"
June 8th, 2007
"Matt is a fantastic photographer. With over 4000 photos on flickr it blows me away how consistently high the quality and variation of his work is. He puts his true feelings and emotions out there for all to see and I admire him hugely for that. He has been very supportive of my work and I have enjoyed getting to know him. He has threatened to come to Cambridge to meet up and I really look forward to that (but I am slightly scared too:) )."
June 7th, 2007
"Matt makes me notice that it is important for expressing yourself. Either good, bad, horribly negative, somewhat upsetting or anything. He inspires me all the time and I'm grateful for being friends with him!"
April 2nd, 2007
".......i try to write for 20 minutes, and dont find the right words of telling you, how often i like pictures of you//from you. you remind me of a little boy, playing and forgetting whats happening around him, and this makes you special..................another 20 minutes later.......okay and youre sexy!
January 22nd, 2007
"Matt's unique take on the world comes through, with the force of a steam train, in his photography. His love of capturing the slightly off kilter and sometimes disturbing keeps me coming back day after day.
He can inspire joy, fear, happiness and sadness just by switching on his camera, and pulling a face, or wearing a costume, or sitting nude (that's the fear bit :D ).
He is a true inspiration in the world of Flickr, and has pushed me to be more creative in my own work. I'm glad to have stumbled across his work."
November 30th, 2006
abstracted farm says:
"Oh, my heart be still. Matt's self images capture humility, humor, tenderness and skill without ever becoming silly or trite, a task not many can pull off. In this case he's the perfect subject and photographer, all rolled into one. He's an inspiration to me, that's for sure.
I'd like to comment on all his other amazing photos, but I can't past his self images just yet. Give me time!"
November 25th, 2006
" Matt is a hugely talented photographer-its a real natural gift with him.I reckon you could give him any camera and any location and in no time he`d be creating fantastic images.
Wide ranging themes from dark and twisted cinematic images to the quirky,humourous,facets of everyday life feature in his work. Add to that his enthusiasm, humanity and an ability to see so much of the world with fresh eyes.Matt your work really is inspirational and works on so many levels,I`m glad to know you mate!
October 13th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Matthew J Parsons Photography