Born in Milano 1958 jan 4th
Studies: architecture at politecnico in Milan
I started taking pictures in 1979, when I took up travelling. Since then, in my life, photographs and journeys merged together in an indissoluble bound.
I begin my five year cooperation with the magazine Mototurismo in 1990, followed by that with Scooter Magazine, where I published several journey features and some additional articles on the scooter world.
After a pause for reflection, at the time when digital era was coming to life I went back to taking pictures taking advantage of the new technologies available. My focus was still on journeys and especially on Africa.
Architecture (with a special interest for the rationalist period) and the ever growing suburban spaces, where human presence is, in my shots, absent most of the times, are themes that I cover periodically.
I’ve been photographing for about 4 years abandoned places with great interest and satisfaction.
These places present a unique charm, resulting from lights and shadows, dust, odors and great silence, and most of all from memories. It is indeed such memories, these traces of the past, that I quest and I capture with my camera, getting lost in the surroundings trying to find the appropriate framing and the right light to best represent them.
They are a sort of parallel universe close to us that photography contributes to bringing back to life for an instant.
Beyond the factory - 22 images (70x50) about abandoned industrial sites in Lombardia, with a small focus on street art into that places.
MILANO - June 19-July 18 at Bookshop Bicocca Franco Angeli
CAMPI BISENZIO (FI) - October 30 2016: Experimental day of Photography at Teatro Dante
African roads - 5 images (70x50) about roads and unpaved roads in Africa.
ROSSANA Foto Festival (CN) - September 29 October 2 2016
African Portraits - 15 images (35x50) in black and white about people in Tanzania, Namibia, Kenya e Ethiopia.
MILANO - January 23-January 19 February 2017 - to Ostello Bello, via Medici 4
Portraits of Dust - 20 images (50x70) about interiors of abandoned villas and palaces in Italy and Europe.
MILANO - April 21-May 18 2017 into Milano Photo Festival at Bookshop Bicocca Franco Angeli
Altars - 15 images (70x50) about abandoned church in Italy and Europe.
Fratta Polesine (Rovigo) - april 22-May 7 in Polesine Fotografia 2017
Lost Values - 10 images (100x70) about abandoned industrial sites in Europe at the official opening of the industrial pole TNC in Alba (Piemonte).
In the Factory are permanent displayed 4 images (200x300) e 3 images (140x200). ALBA - 23 se@embre 2017
2015 - Beyond the factory
2017 - Portraits of Dust. Distributed by Hoepli - ISBN: 9786009898060
EVENTS AND COMPETITIONS
1° price competition Città di Mortara 2016 - urban exploraOon theme
1° price porlolio reading - Giornata Sperimentale di fotografia 2016
Code MIA 2017
Mention in porlolio reading - Milano Photo Festival 2017
Porfolio published on Domus Magazine 2017
Finalist of the Artstic Award 2017 by Cairo Editore
Special Mention - National Photo Contest Mondovì Photo 2017 “Minimal - Less is more”
- Torri piezometriche - Water towers - Château d'eau 195 photos, 22 members
- Engineering as Art 130,162 photos, 5,022 members
- Explore Flickr (unofficial) 348,790 photos, 4,987 members
- "Urban Wandering" 58,640 photos, 1,392 members
- Moltomosso_Fotoclub 87 photos, 10 members
- exploring lost places 46,342 photos, 1,040 members
- arches and curves 2,938 photos, 562 members
- geometric 1,177 photos, 335 members
- architecture inspiration 819 photos, 328 members
- door photos 1,694 photos, 354 members
- DECAY TEAM by FdD 7,646 photos, 60 members
- **C&W _Urban Walker_**(Invite Only)~(P-1 # A-2)** 5,931 photos, 96 members
- Post industrial world. 12,377 photos, 577 members
- Urbex Worldwide 47,734 photos, 930 members
- Urbex around the world 76,262 photos, 1,565 members
- P.L.A.I. - Posti e Luoghi Abbandonati Italiani 115 photos, 55 members
- Urbex Europe 1,206 photos, 476 members
- Manicomio Fotografico Urbex Soul 2,881 photos, 45 members
- People and Decay 2,743 photos, 361 members
- Then There Was One ...... UrbExing Alone 496 photos, 109 members
- Urbex Belgium only. 21,643 photos, 633 members
- Urbex (curated) 83 photos, 844 members
- Innocenti 1,594 photos, 157 members
- CONSONNO 1,945 photos, 379 members
- Oasi di Sant'Alessio 7,850 photos, 1,026 members
Stefano Barattini doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Stefano Barattini
- June 2010
- Milano, Italy
- I am:
- Male and Taken