For the love of Gadgets. :)
I am a AFOL. I have a son who is YFOL. My daughter just likes hiding the pieces. My wife is understanding, yet doesn't understand the facination of Lego.
I'm a computer geek.
"I'm a PC"
I'm also a Mac user. But since I prefer to "game" , I don't like the Mac.
I love to take pictures. I'm not a pro. But I've been doing it a while. I like to use a Canon 5DmkII and a PnS Canon 870IS (I think).
Anime, love it.
Did I mention I love gadgets?
I thought I would give a bit more info:
Hi! I'm Starstreak. Or Starstreak007 for those that seen my pics here on flickr. I guess I'll give you a little background of myself.
I've been a fan of Lego since I was young, probably back in 1976 when the space sets starting appearing. And sort of stopped somewhere in high school when computers and photography became my "in thing" to do. When I got into college, I started building Lego on the side whenever a set caught my eye, but being "poor" I never really bought much due to the cost. Things picked up a little more arount 1996 when Technics (with more detail) sets started coming out and Star Wars sets a few years later. I started picking up sets of those that I liked when I had money. Shooting forward in life, I put most of it on a backburner when I got married and had kids. I didn't want them to choke on the little pieces so my Lego went into hiding. When my son got to be around 5, I started him on Lego. And he loves his Bionicles, Star Wars and Indy sets.
Starting sometime late last year, I found out that there was many AFOL on the internet. And so I desided to post some of my Lego sets on Flickr. At this point my son who is now 7 and now knows NOT to touch MY lego sets, I started building all the unopened boxes I had. I felt kind of nuts doing that too! I also found out how much some of them are worth. I can't believe some of those sets are worth $100's of dollars. I didn't know if I should build them or sell them. I'm a AFOL. I kept them and built most of them and posted shots as I finished new sets on a weekly basis. That sounded bad just typing it. lol.
I'm an active member at www.eurobricks.com/forum/ I'm Starstreak on that site and do a lot of reviews of Lego sets that I own.
Sorry for the long intro. Oh and yes. I don't usually give my real name or that of my family members. Although, I think I have said my Son's name in a few posts. lol. Not because I'm embarrased that I play with Lego, but the wife HATES anything to be posted on the internet. You know, what gets said on the internet, stays forever. :)
r k. on Dipity.
Photos of starstreak007 (1)
- News LEGO Techniques 5,506 photos, 1,372 members
- Global Standard Aero Car 105 photos, 38 members
- X-Men Mutant War 60 photos, 181 members
- LEGO Legends Of Chima 494 photos, 132 members
- Mini/Micro Lego Star Wars 1,733 photos, 282 members
- LEGO Alien Conquest 2,186 photos, 190 members
- Minifigure Photos 42,764 photos, 1,113 members
- Lego Crafts 412 photos, 117 members
- LEGO Master Builder Academy 1,333 photos, 83 members
- Lego Microscale 9,984 photos, 749 members
- Japanese Typography 6,609 photos, 789 members
- Japanese Patterns on Adults 752 photos, 380 members
- School of Digital Photography 988,164 photos, 19,305 members
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Lego 734 photos, 287 members
- Lego Formula 1 811 photos, 113 members
- Eurobricks Reviewers Academy 382 photos, 52 members
- nnenn 1 photo, 350 members
- Battlestar Galactica 2,098 photos, 523 members
- KILLZONE Custom minifigs 221 photos, 107 members
- Dan Steininger is Awesome 171 photos, 57 members
- Keith Goldman is Awesome 8 photos, 52 members
- LEGO Abstract Architecture 23 photos, 64 members
- LEGO LUG Showcase 965 photos, 179 members
- LEGO Star Wars: The Clone Wars 233 photos, 87 members
- DONNEYBOY ONLY 0 photos, 15 members
- LEGO Ambassadors 7,106 photos, 673 members
- Airsoft Guns 1,320 photos, 92 members
- Rogue Automotive 873 photos, 25 members
- "LEGO" ACTION 4,457 photos, 357 members
- Lego with prices (anywhere) 125 photos, 58 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & Mark III Users 463,359 photos, 9,963 members
- Official Minigarage Group 99 photos, 53 members
- Space Police III 303 photos, 147 members
- Lego Star Trek 1,026 photos, 599 members
- Brick~Busters! 451 photos, 307 members
- The Notice Group 166 photos, 62 members
- Disney's Indiana Jones Adventure 329 photos, 49 members
- Power Miners 162 photos, 43 members
- Disney's The Great Movie Ride 188 photos, 81 members
- Disney's Star Tours 760 photos, 141 members
- SpaceLUG 7,300 photos, 592 members
- LEGO MECHA ARM-SUIT 13,993 photos, 1,245 members
- Brickspace 9,572 photos, 465 members
- Kojman47 503 photos, 39 members
- LEGO Fallout 1,035 photos, 440 members
- Shopped! 63 photos, 33 members
- LUGNuts 24,937 photos, 1,117 members
- Lego Modifications 90 photos, 44 members
- Lego Force Unleashed 0 photos, 10 members
- Pain Parade 664 photos, 113 members
"If you want something reviewed. Have "starstreak007" do it. He'll take AWESOME pictures, and add a great commentary in the process.
An all around great guy and AFOL."
August 9th, 2009
spiffy floor says:
"What in the heck is a hoodle?"
May 2nd, 2009
"Starstreak is a really cool guy. He buys many LEGO sets, and frequently posts high-quality, bright, and detailed pictures of them. I visit his photostream almost every time I use the internet. He also makes some occasional MOCs, most of which are great. Of course, he sometimes types things badly (spelling and grammar), but I don't mind it. :)"
April 16th, 2009
"This guy seems friendly, and he builds good. VERY GOOD. Plus I taught him what a hoodle is."
April 14th, 2009
"Starstreak007 is a very friendly type, and always show the best lego products and also makes instructions for lego products, there's not many who does that, and that is one of the 1000 reasons this guy is awesome."
April 9th, 2009
- R K
- September 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My flickr site
- Gadget [at] Hawaii.rr.com