For the love of Gadgets. :)
I am a AFOL. I have a son who is YFOL. My daughter just likes hiding the pieces. My wife is understanding, yet doesn't understand the facination of Lego.
I'm a computer geek.
"I'm a PC"
I'm also a Mac user. But since I prefer to "game" , I don't like the Mac.
I love to take pictures. I'm not a pro. But I've been doing it a while. I like to use a Canon 5DmkII and a PnS Canon 870IS (I think).
Anime, love it.
Did I mention I love gadgets?
I thought I would give a bit more info:
Hi! I'm Starstreak. Or Starstreak007 for those that seen my pics here on flickr. I guess I'll give you a little background of myself.
I've been a fan of Lego since I was young, probably back in 1976 when the space sets starting appearing. And sort of stopped somewhere in high school when computers and photography became my "in thing" to do. When I got into college, I started building Lego on the side whenever a set caught my eye, but being "poor" I never really bought much due to the cost. Things picked up a little more arount 1996 when Technics (with more detail) sets started coming out and Star Wars sets a few years later. I started picking up sets of those that I liked when I had money. Shooting forward in life, I put most of it on a backburner when I got married and had kids. I didn't want them to choke on the little pieces so my Lego went into hiding. When my son got to be around 5, I started him on Lego. And he loves his Bionicles, Star Wars and Indy sets.
Starting sometime late last year, I found out that there was many AFOL on the internet. And so I desided to post some of my Lego sets on Flickr. At this point my son who is now 7 and now knows NOT to touch MY lego sets, I started building all the unopened boxes I had. I felt kind of nuts doing that too! I also found out how much some of them are worth. I can't believe some of those sets are worth $100's of dollars. I didn't know if I should build them or sell them. I'm a AFOL. I kept them and built most of them and posted shots as I finished new sets on a weekly basis. That sounded bad just typing it. lol.
I'm an active member at www.eurobricks.com/forum/ I'm Starstreak on that site and do a lot of reviews of Lego sets that I own.
Sorry for the long intro. Oh and yes. I don't usually give my real name or that of my family members. Although, I think I have said my Son's name in a few posts. lol. Not because I'm embarrased that I play with Lego, but the wife HATES anything to be posted on the internet. You know, what gets said on the internet, stays forever. :)
r k. on Dipity.
Photos of starstreak007 (2)
- Global Standard Aero Car 104 photos, 36 members
- X-Men Mutant War 60 photos, 182 members
- LEGO Legends Of Chima 482 photos, 132 members
- Mini/Micro Lego Star Wars 1,637 photos, 261 members
- LEGO Alien Conquest 2,190 photos, 189 members
- Minifigure Photos 40,650 photos, 1,048 members
- Lego Crafts 345 photos, 111 members
- LEGO Master Builder Academy 1,253 photos, 84 members
- Lego Microscale 9,577 photos, 715 members
- Japanese Typography 6,355 photos, 789 members
- Japanese Patterns on Adults 763 photos, 382 members
- School of Digital Photography 1,000,890 photos, 19,330 members
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Lego 749 photos, 276 members
- Lego Formula 1 790 photos, 102 members
- Eurobricks Reviewers Academy 362 photos, 50 members
- nnenn 1 photo, 345 members
- Battlestar Galactica 2,257 photos, 526 members
- KILLZONE Custom minifigs 225 photos, 107 members
- Dan Steininger is Awesome 196 photos, 57 members
- Keith Goldman is Awesome 17 photos, 52 members
- LEGO Abstract Architecture 23 photos, 65 members
- LEGO LUG Showcase 987 photos, 180 members
- LEGO Star Wars: The Clone Wars 233 photos, 87 members
- DONNEYBOY ONLY 0 photos, 15 members
- LEGO Ambassadors 6,619 photos, 669 members
- Airsoft Guns 1,354 photos, 91 members
- Rogue Automotive 880 photos, 25 members
- "LEGO" ACTION 4,492 photos, 341 members
- Lego with prices (anywhere) 125 photos, 58 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & Mark III Users 451,540 photos, 9,887 members
- Official Minigarage Group 102 photos, 53 members
- Space Police III 315 photos, 144 members
- Lego Star Trek 892 photos, 545 members
- Brick~Busters! 458 photos, 307 members
- The Notice Group 156 photos, 62 members
- Disney's Indiana Jones Adventure 329 photos, 50 members
- Power Miners 162 photos, 43 members
- Disney's The Great Movie Ride 189 photos, 81 members
- Disney's Star Tours 771 photos, 141 members
- SpaceLUG 6,601 photos, 534 members
- LEGO MECHA ARM-SUIT 12,260 photos, 1,134 members
- Brickspace 9,180 photos, 446 members
- Kojman47 503 photos, 39 members
- LEGO Fallout 1,004 photos, 429 members
- Shopped! 63 photos, 33 members
- LUGNuts 25,539 photos, 1,098 members
- Lego Modifications 90 photos, 44 members
- Lego Force Unleashed 0 photos, 9 members
- Pain Parade 661 photos, 112 members
- LEGO Motorcycles 756 photos, 180 members
"If you want something reviewed. Have "starstreak007" do it. He'll take AWESOME pictures, and add a great commentary in the process.
An all around great guy and AFOL."
August 9th, 2009
"What in the heck is a hoodle?"
May 2nd, 2009
"Starstreak is a really cool guy. He buys many LEGO sets, and frequently posts high-quality, bright, and detailed pictures of them. I visit his photostream almost every time I use the internet. He also makes some occasional MOCs, most of which are great. Of course, he sometimes types things badly (spelling and grammar), but I don't mind it. :)"
April 16th, 2009
"This guy seems friendly, and he builds good. VERY GOOD. Plus I taught him what a hoodle is."
April 14th, 2009
"Starstreak007 is a very friendly type, and always show the best lego products and also makes instructions for lego products, there's not many who does that, and that is one of the 1000 reasons this guy is awesome."
April 9th, 2009
- R K
- September 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My flickr site
- Gadget [at] Hawaii.rr.com