For the love of Gadgets. :)
I am a AFOL. I have a son who is YFOL. My daughter just likes hiding the pieces. My wife is understanding, yet doesn't understand the facination of Lego.
I'm a computer geek.
"I'm a PC"
I'm also a Mac user. But since I prefer to "game" , I don't like the Mac.
I love to take pictures. I'm not a pro. But I've been doing it a while. I like to use a Canon 5DmkII and a PnS Canon 870IS (I think).
Anime, love it.
Did I mention I love gadgets?
I thought I would give a bit more info:
Hi! I'm Starstreak. Or Starstreak007 for those that seen my pics here on flickr. I guess I'll give you a little background of myself.
I've been a fan of Lego since I was young, probably back in 1976 when the space sets starting appearing. And sort of stopped somewhere in high school when computers and photography became my "in thing" to do. When I got into college, I started building Lego on the side whenever a set caught my eye, but being "poor" I never really bought much due to the cost. Things picked up a little more arount 1996 when Technics (with more detail) sets started coming out and Star Wars sets a few years later. I started picking up sets of those that I liked when I had money. Shooting forward in life, I put most of it on a backburner when I got married and had kids. I didn't want them to choke on the little pieces so my Lego went into hiding. When my son got to be around 5, I started him on Lego. And he loves his Bionicles, Star Wars and Indy sets.
Starting sometime late last year, I found out that there was many AFOL on the internet. And so I desided to post some of my Lego sets on Flickr. At this point my son who is now 7 and now knows NOT to touch MY lego sets, I started building all the unopened boxes I had. I felt kind of nuts doing that too! I also found out how much some of them are worth. I can't believe some of those sets are worth $100's of dollars. I didn't know if I should build them or sell them. I'm a AFOL. I kept them and built most of them and posted shots as I finished new sets on a weekly basis. That sounded bad just typing it. lol.
I'm an active member at www.eurobricks.com/forum/ I'm Starstreak on that site and do a lot of reviews of Lego sets that I own.
Sorry for the long intro. Oh and yes. I don't usually give my real name or that of my family members. Although, I think I have said my Son's name in a few posts. lol. Not because I'm embarrased that I play with Lego, but the wife HATES anything to be posted on the internet. You know, what gets said on the internet, stays forever. :)
r k. on Dipity.
Photos of starstreak007 (2)
- Global Standard Aero Car 134 photos, 35 members
- X-Men Mutant War 4 photos, 184 members
- LEGO Legends Of Chima 477 photos, 128 members
- Mini/Micro Lego Star Wars 1,429 photos, 230 members
- LEGO Alien Conquest 2,149 photos, 183 members
- Minifigure Photos 33,220 photos, 923 members
- Lego Crafts 286 photos, 96 members
- LEGO Master Builder Academy 1,034 photos, 79 members
- Lego Microscale 8,921 photos, 678 members
- Japanese Typography 5,824 photos, 789 members
- Japanese Patterns on Adults 764 photos, 384 members
- School of Digital Photography 965,345 photos, 19,168 members
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Lego 657 photos, 270 members
- Lego Formula 1 666 photos, 82 members
- Eurobricks Reviewers Academy 351 photos, 50 members
- nnenn 1 photo, 346 members
- Battlestar Galactica 2,370 photos, 538 members
- KILLZONE Custom minifigs 225 photos, 106 members
- Dan Steininger is Awesome 196 photos, 58 members
- Keith Goldman is Awesome 17 photos, 53 members
- LEGO Abstract Architecture 23 photos, 64 members
- LEGO LUG Showcase 986 photos, 180 members
- LEGO Star Wars: The Clone Wars 246 photos, 87 members
- DONNEYBOY ONLY 0 photos, 15 members
- LEGO Ambassadors 5,847 photos, 661 members
- Airsoft Guns 1,346 photos, 92 members
- Rogue Automotive 877 photos, 25 members
- "LEGO" ACTION 4,139 photos, 325 members
- Lego with prices (anywhere) 127 photos, 58 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & Mark III Users 435,392 photos, 9,569 members
- Official Minigarage Group 102 photos, 52 members
- Space Police III 314 photos, 142 members
- Lego Star Trek 769 photos, 482 members
- Brick~Busters! 456 photos, 306 members
- The Notice Group 54 photos, 63 members
- Disney's Indiana Jones Adventure 328 photos, 50 members
- Power Miners 162 photos, 45 members
- Disney's The Great Movie Ride 188 photos, 77 members
- Disney's Star Tours 771 photos, 141 members
- SpaceLUG 5,709 photos, 470 members
- LEGO MECHA ARM-SUIT 10,261 photos, 1,002 members
- Brickspace 8,327 photos, 420 members
- Kojman47 503 photos, 39 members
- LEGO Fallout 918 photos, 407 members
- Shopped! 63 photos, 33 members
- LUGNuts 24,857 photos, 1,064 members
- Lego Modifications 85 photos, 43 members
- Lego Force Unleashed 3 photos, 9 members
- Pain Parade 658 photos, 111 members
- LEGO Motorcycles 630 photos, 172 members
"If you want something reviewed. Have "starstreak007" do it. He'll take AWESOME pictures, and add a great commentary in the process.
An all around great guy and AFOL."
August 9th, 2009
"What in the heck is a hoodle?"
May 2nd, 2009
"Starstreak is a really cool guy. He buys many LEGO sets, and frequently posts high-quality, bright, and detailed pictures of them. I visit his photostream almost every time I use the internet. He also makes some occasional MOCs, most of which are great. Of course, he sometimes types things badly (spelling and grammar), but I don't mind it. :)"
April 16th, 2009
"This guy seems friendly, and he builds good. VERY GOOD. Plus I taught him what a hoodle is."
April 14th, 2009
"Starstreak007 is a very friendly type, and always show the best lego products and also makes instructions for lego products, there's not many who does that, and that is one of the 1000 reasons this guy is awesome."
April 9th, 2009
- R K
- September 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My flickr site
- Gadget [at] Hawaii.rr.com