For the love of Gadgets. :)
I am a AFOL. I have a son who is YFOL. My daughter just likes hiding the pieces. My wife is understanding, yet doesn't understand the facination of Lego.
I'm a computer geek.
"I'm a PC"
I'm also a Mac user. But since I prefer to "game" , I don't like the Mac.
I love to take pictures. I'm not a pro. But I've been doing it a while. I like to use a Canon 5DmkII and a PnS Canon 870IS (I think).
Anime, love it.
Did I mention I love gadgets?
I thought I would give a bit more info:
Hi! I'm Starstreak. Or Starstreak007 for those that seen my pics here on flickr. I guess I'll give you a little background of myself.
I've been a fan of Lego since I was young, probably back in 1976 when the space sets starting appearing. And sort of stopped somewhere in high school when computers and photography became my "in thing" to do. When I got into college, I started building Lego on the side whenever a set caught my eye, but being "poor" I never really bought much due to the cost. Things picked up a little more arount 1996 when Technics (with more detail) sets started coming out and Star Wars sets a few years later. I started picking up sets of those that I liked when I had money. Shooting forward in life, I put most of it on a backburner when I got married and had kids. I didn't want them to choke on the little pieces so my Lego went into hiding. When my son got to be around 5, I started him on Lego. And he loves his Bionicles, Star Wars and Indy sets.
Starting sometime late last year, I found out that there was many AFOL on the internet. And so I desided to post some of my Lego sets on Flickr. At this point my son who is now 7 and now knows NOT to touch MY lego sets, I started building all the unopened boxes I had. I felt kind of nuts doing that too! I also found out how much some of them are worth. I can't believe some of those sets are worth $100's of dollars. I didn't know if I should build them or sell them. I'm a AFOL. I kept them and built most of them and posted shots as I finished new sets on a weekly basis. That sounded bad just typing it. lol.
I'm an active member at www.eurobricks.com/forum/ I'm Starstreak on that site and do a lot of reviews of Lego sets that I own.
Sorry for the long intro. Oh and yes. I don't usually give my real name or that of my family members. Although, I think I have said my Son's name in a few posts. lol. Not because I'm embarrased that I play with Lego, but the wife HATES anything to be posted on the internet. You know, what gets said on the internet, stays forever. :)
r k. on Dipity.
Photos of starstreak007 (1)
- Global Standard Aero Car 104 photos, 37 members
- X-Men Mutant War 60 photos, 181 members
- LEGO Legends Of Chima 492 photos, 132 members
- Mini/Micro Lego Star Wars 1,726 photos, 272 members
- LEGO Alien Conquest 2,198 photos, 190 members
- Minifigure Photos 41,765 photos, 1,092 members
- Lego Crafts 387 photos, 112 members
- LEGO Master Builder Academy 1,312 photos, 84 members
- Lego Microscale 9,846 photos, 734 members
- Japanese Typography 6,523 photos, 790 members
- Japanese Patterns on Adults 761 photos, 381 members
- School of Digital Photography 1,022,487 photos, 19,320 members
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Lego 736 photos, 282 members
- Lego Formula 1 801 photos, 109 members
- Eurobricks Reviewers Academy 373 photos, 52 members
- nnenn 1 photo, 345 members
- Battlestar Galactica 2,189 photos, 527 members
- KILLZONE Custom minifigs 225 photos, 107 members
- Dan Steininger is Awesome 196 photos, 57 members
- Keith Goldman is Awesome 17 photos, 52 members
- LEGO Abstract Architecture 23 photos, 65 members
- LEGO LUG Showcase 984 photos, 180 members
- LEGO Star Wars: The Clone Wars 233 photos, 87 members
- DONNEYBOY ONLY 0 photos, 15 members
- LEGO Ambassadors 6,940 photos, 673 members
- Airsoft Guns 1,357 photos, 94 members
- Rogue Automotive 880 photos, 25 members
- "LEGO" ACTION 4,444 photos, 350 members
- Lego with prices (anywhere) 125 photos, 58 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II & Mark III Users 463,553 photos, 9,955 members
- Official Minigarage Group 102 photos, 53 members
- Space Police III 300 photos, 146 members
- Lego Star Trek 1,001 photos, 581 members
- Brick~Busters! 451 photos, 306 members
- The Notice Group 166 photos, 62 members
- Disney's Indiana Jones Adventure 329 photos, 50 members
- Power Miners 162 photos, 43 members
- Disney's The Great Movie Ride 189 photos, 82 members
- Disney's Star Tours 767 photos, 143 members
- SpaceLUG 7,037 photos, 563 members
- LEGO MECHA ARM-SUIT 13,341 photos, 1,210 members
- Brickspace 9,488 photos, 460 members
- Kojman47 503 photos, 39 members
- LEGO Fallout 1,036 photos, 436 members
- Shopped! 63 photos, 33 members
- LUGNuts 25,465 photos, 1,110 members
- Lego Modifications 91 photos, 44 members
- Lego Force Unleashed 0 photos, 10 members
- Pain Parade 664 photos, 113 members
- LEGO Motorcycles 773 photos, 183 members
"If you want something reviewed. Have "starstreak007" do it. He'll take AWESOME pictures, and add a great commentary in the process.
An all around great guy and AFOL."
August 9th, 2009
spiffy floor says:
"What in the heck is a hoodle?"
May 2nd, 2009
"Starstreak is a really cool guy. He buys many LEGO sets, and frequently posts high-quality, bright, and detailed pictures of them. I visit his photostream almost every time I use the internet. He also makes some occasional MOCs, most of which are great. Of course, he sometimes types things badly (spelling and grammar), but I don't mind it. :)"
April 16th, 2009
"This guy seems friendly, and he builds good. VERY GOOD. Plus I taught him what a hoodle is."
April 14th, 2009
"Starstreak007 is a very friendly type, and always show the best lego products and also makes instructions for lego products, there's not many who does that, and that is one of the 1000 reasons this guy is awesome."
April 9th, 2009
- R K
- September 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My flickr site
- Gadget [at] Hawaii.rr.com