After getting married and taking my (relatively capable) point & shoot digital camera on my honeymoon, I realized how frustrated I was by P&S cameras' slow speed, limited zoom, horrific interface (no dedicated buttons, sliders, knobs, etc.), and less capable optics.
So, I decided to enter the DSLR world, as affordably as I could. Enter the Nikon D40. I chose it over the Pentax, Olympus, and Canon competitors mostly because I read good things about the pictures that come out of it, and because I really liked the interface. I'm a stickler for a good interface, and while it's not perfect, it's better than the others I tried. So far the only thing I'm missing on here is bracketing. Even my P&S has that capability, and I miss it.
I've got the kit 18-55mm lens, and also picked myself up a 55-200mm VR. So far, I'm quite impressed by the vibration reduction feature.
Photos of srslyguys (12)
srslyguys' favorite photos from other Flickr members (2)
- Lightscoop Users 1,511 photos, 1,059 members
- CCGalleria 3,217 photos, 130 members
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] Model A16 94,543 photos, 5,110 members
- Fountain Pens 7,597 photos, 1,458 members
- Fountain Pen Network 5,233 photos, 701 members
- Strobist Gear 26,038 photos, 4,578 members
- FlickrCentral 9,499,056 photos, 249,442 members
- New York City 748,145 photos, 55,421 members
- saddest new york city panda 72 photos, 71 members
- NJ Strobist Meets 1,501 photos, 344 members
- NIKON USERS ONLY 94,121 photos, 2,951 members
- Strobist.com 605,216 photos, 122,655 members
- Bunny Lovers Unite 91,545 photos, 5,609 members
- "Nikon DX Challenge Group" [Dormant] 6,404 photos, 3,033 members
srslyguys doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2007
- Lincoln Park, NJ, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken