Flickr has reminded me of the importance of photography. My contacts post jawdroppers daily. I like to see original takes on just about everything. And I appreciate a good story whenever there's one to be told.
I love San Francisco, and I'm quite fond of NYC.
Some of my ACR and Lightroom presets are available here
- Leica 35mm Summilux-M pre-ASPH 6,680 photos, 436 members
- Cosina Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35/1.4 28,079 photos, 1,661 members
- Leica M/M-P (Type 240) 38,095 photos, 1,548 members
- Leica Summicron-M 35mm F2 ASPH 18,915 photos, 1,343 members
- ZM C Sonnar 50mm 14,937 photos, 1,077 members
- Leica Summilux 50/1.4 ASPH 21,471 photos, 1,242 members
- Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f1.8 Classic 1,131 photos, 244 members
- Leica summilux M 35mm f:1.4 ASPH FLE 571 photos, 77 members
- Leitz Summicron-c 40mm / Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm 8,263 photos, 536 members
- being (film only) 2,973 photos, 781 members
- Film Photography Podcast 216,283 photos, 6,594 members
- Roll in a day: 24 - 30 May............................see diary 1,792 photos, 583 members
- ☂6 X 6☂ 4,659 photos, 2,237 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,164 photos, 1,286 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,427 photos, 22,406 members
- *emera bags 37 photos, 29 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,364 members
- The Adventures of Mr Shark 34 photos, 18 members
- Hasselblad 255,278 photos, 12,290 members
- 7x7 Holiday 272 photos, 36 members
- Fictitious Reality 27th Exhibition-jaime m / Jaime Monfort 20 photos, 433 members
- lovely blinding sun 151 photos, 50 members
- Digital Photography School 346,012 photos, 18,649 members
- 7x7 Magazine - SF Neighborhoods - Get Published! 21,469 photos, 717 members
- FLICKR TURNS 5.25 - THE PARTY! 476 photos, 47 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,062 photos, 1,356 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,860 photos, 1,313 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 19,241 photos, 1,216 members
- BYOBW 3,214 photos, 139 members
- Enjoy Camera Life! 615 photos, 44 members
- San Francisco Magazine 12,858 photos, 357 members
- Lomo's aren't just for happy snaps 1,624 photos, 427 members
- Four Barrel Coffee 111 photos, 30 members
- headcovers 147 photos, 122 members
- Cinnamon Rose Actions and Presets 10,234 photos, 1,227 members
- San Francisco Lovefest 3,504 photos, 405 members
- la familia abrazada 2,522 photos, 1,263 members
- La rue est à nous (the street is ours) 22,200 photos, 896 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 52,832 photos, 2,935 members
- Blartsy 2,193 photos, 264 members
- Street Portrait Classics.... The Book 89 photos, 152 members
- OneLight Workshop Fans & Alumni 17,128 photos, 3,078 members
- Nouvelle Vague 12,703 photos, 1,357 members
- Conscience is the Color Green: San Francisco 63 photos, 27 members
- we have fun and megapixels bore the shit out of us 90,888 photos, 3,209 members
- Je Biscotte 256 photos, 155 members
- Toshiro Masuki Style 1,206 photos, 175 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,448 photos, 4,965 members
- photo[Slap] 35,849 photos, 2,581 members
- Heso Magazine Reader's Group 4,167 photos, 285 members
"In case you are in danger of forgetting what childhood is like, never fear. Doublecappuccino is here. His depictions of childhood are always honest and never patronizing."
April 3rd, 2009
"I could lie and say he SUCKS but then I would be lying.....He is far better than most people that click shutters....It is as if Seth has pushed the 'Pause" button, made his image, and then pushed "Play" and let the world continue as it were."
January 5th, 2009
the half-blood prince says:
"seth rocks. no, like he really, really rocks. i visit his stream regularly, and i'm constantly floored by all the quality work he puts out. he is a jedi master with both medium format and digital, and i'm sure he could make art out of a 1mp camera phone, too. i look forward to his photos in the future, and all i can do is hope--hope to keep up. cheers!"
May 29th, 2008
"love to see coverage of s.f --
my favourite city in the usa"
May 24th, 2008
Josh Thompson says:
"Seth's photostream is full of one fantastic composition after another. It's clear that he's not only the master of an impressive array of gear, but that he's got an instinct for making a good photo with any gear. He's the type of contact I really hope to learn something from, because if I get to be half as good as he is I'll be proud of myself."
April 1st, 2008
"Seth is one of my favorite Flickr photographers and personalities. He commented on one of the first pictures I posted on Flickr in July of '06, and I've been following him since.
I love his photographs, there is often a candid quality and he somehow manages to fire the shutter at exactly the right time. His work with film has been an inspiration to me. As I pop in and out of the film world I always look to Seth for direction and inspiration.
One of my favorite things about Seth is that, although we've never met, I know I'd really like him. He values what's really important, his family and friends, and his pictures show it. He also expresses a real love for life and simple things. The guy pretty much kicks ass. Glad to know him on Flickr and look forward to the day we meet in real life, because I have some questions about one of my cameras."
March 26th, 2008
"It's hard to get past Seth's beautiful kids. I have a special spot for his golden little curly girl!... But not only do him and his wife make such beautiful little ones he is an amazing photographer. His ventures into film have inspired me to learn even more about photography and not relying on a digital review screen.
*ETA. Seth and I go way back.. i'm talking pre McSethness and McDreamy's twin. Just had to throw that in there."
March 17th, 2008
The Foamy Green says:
"Quite possibly, the best child photographs on Flickr. It's so rare to find personality so richly conveyed in photography but Doublecappuccino does it consistently. And that's just one aspect of his body of work. Whether he's going with the Holga or the Leica, more often than not, he just nails it. Simply nails it."
January 24th, 2008
"I've recently discovered the double goodness of the double cappuccino.
Seth is one of my favourite flickrites..he can shoot the hell out of a roll of film and I wish there were more photographers that were as big into film as he is.
Each time I visit his stream, he inspires me to go out and fall back in love with my film cameras."
January 22nd, 2008
The Soul's Muse/Jenn says:
"McDreamy is extremely McTalented, not to mention McWitty and McKind. A true McGem. XOXO."
January 4th, 2008
Lucy's 10 Lives says:
"Seth is one of the warmest communicators I've ever come across and his dedication to his family and art shows in his photography. One can't be helped but be inspired."
September 19th, 2007
"As a self proclaimed amateur, he raises the bar for other amateurs. He has an eye for photography that makes me want to take better photos. I love the photos of his family and friends. A great photostream that I check regularly. flickr contacts like this make flickr a community."
November 1st, 2006
"I'm not sure how I first found Doublecappuccino's photos (or how he found mine), but I'm very glad I did: his photography is eye-catching, engaging, and full-to-burst with a genuine sense of joy. The latter is very important, because it is often hard to find that kind of warmth on Flickr. And I get the feeling that that warmth (for both the subject matter and the process of capturing it) comes from the man himself. Take a look at one of his many wonderful portraits, or at one of his numerous fascinating nature studies, and judge for yourself. I will certainly be following his work for some time to come."
August 17th, 2006
"I have thoroughly enjoyed watching doublecappuccino evolve in his work, pretty much along with me. it's been a fun journey, and the results speak for themselves. DoubleC's portraits of his family are beautiful and tender and reveal some serious skill in b&w conversion. He's also a constant encouraging presence on Flickr, with nothing but nice things to say."
July 8th, 2006
- S e t h
- December 2005
- SF, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Planet Olive