Flickr has reminded me of the importance of photography. My contacts post jawdroppers daily. I like to see original takes on just about everything. And I appreciate a good story whenever there's one to be told.
I love San Francisco, and I'm quite fond of NYC.
Some of my ACR and Lightroom presets are available here
- Leica 35mm Summilux-M pre-ASPH 8,561 photos, 549 members
- Cosina Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35/1.4 32,049 photos, 1,978 members
- Leica M/M-P/M-D (Type 240/262) 70,337 photos, 2,207 members
- Leica Summicron-M 35mm F2 ASPH 25,964 photos, 1,866 members
- ZM C Sonnar 50mm 19,034 photos, 1,282 members
- Leica Summilux 50/1.4 ASPH 27,527 photos, 1,527 members
- Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f1.8 Classic 1,455 photos, 337 members
- Leica summilux M 35mm f:1.4 ASPH FLE 1,774 photos, 169 members
- Leitz Summicron-c 40mm / Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm 10,552 photos, 674 members
- being (film only) 2,792 photos, 825 members
- Film Photography Podcast 284,423 photos, 8,179 members
- WELCOME to the RAD 2016 group! - See 2016 diary 1,959 photos, 589 members
- ☂6 X 6☂ 4,524 photos, 2,246 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,114 photos, 1,274 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,162 photos, 22,076 members
- *emera bags 37 photos, 26 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,321 members
- The Adventures of Mr Shark 34 photos, 18 members
- Hasselblad 269,564 photos, 12,822 members
- 7x7 Holiday 266 photos, 37 members
- Fictitious Reality 27th Exhibition-jaime m / Jaime Monfort 20 photos, 427 members
- lovely blinding sun 150 photos, 48 members
- Digital Photography School 448,242 photos, 19,948 members
- 7x7 Magazine - SF Neighborhoods - Get Published! 22,602 photos, 730 members
- FLICKR TURNS 5.25 - THE PARTY! 596 photos, 56 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,053 photos, 1,350 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,771 photos, 1,309 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 20,198 photos, 1,223 members
- BYOBW 3,171 photos, 136 members
- Enjoy Camera Life! 616 photos, 43 members
- San Francisco Magazine 13,950 photos, 382 members
- Lomo's aren't just for happy snaps 1,700 photos, 433 members
- Four Barrel Coffee 113 photos, 32 members
- headcovers 156 photos, 121 members
- Cinnamon Rose Actions and Presets 10,536 photos, 1,254 members
- San Francisco Lovefest 3,356 photos, 417 members
- la familia abrazada 2,560 photos, 1,364 members
- La rue est à nous (the street is ours) 28,310 photos, 996 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 52,530 photos, 2,909 members
- Blartsy 2,259 photos, 274 members
- Street Portrait Classics.... The Book 88 photos, 148 members
- OneLight Workshop Fans & Alumni 17,323 photos, 3,071 members
- Nouvelle Vague 13,337 photos, 1,383 members
- Conscience is the Color Green: San Francisco 72 photos, 23 members
- we have fun and megapixels bore the shit out of us 98,844 photos, 3,312 members
- Je Biscotte 256 photos, 154 members
- Toshiro Masuki Style 1,161 photos, 173 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,423 photos, 4,913 members
- photo[Slap] 36,950 photos, 2,929 members
- Heso Magazine Reader's Group 5,975 photos, 319 members
"In case you are in danger of forgetting what childhood is like, never fear. Doublecappuccino is here. His depictions of childhood are always honest and never patronizing."
April 3rd, 2009
"I could lie and say he SUCKS but then I would be lying.....He is far better than most people that click shutters....It is as if Seth has pushed the 'Pause" button, made his image, and then pushed "Play" and let the world continue as it were."
January 5th, 2009
the half-blood prince says:
"seth rocks. no, like he really, really rocks. i visit his stream regularly, and i'm constantly floored by all the quality work he puts out. he is a jedi master with both medium format and digital, and i'm sure he could make art out of a 1mp camera phone, too. i look forward to his photos in the future, and all i can do is hope--hope to keep up. cheers!"
May 29th, 2008
"love to see coverage of s.f --
my favourite city in the usa"
May 24th, 2008
Josh Thompson says:
"Seth's photostream is full of one fantastic composition after another. It's clear that he's not only the master of an impressive array of gear, but that he's got an instinct for making a good photo with any gear. He's the type of contact I really hope to learn something from, because if I get to be half as good as he is I'll be proud of myself."
April 1st, 2008
"Seth is one of my favorite Flickr photographers and personalities. He commented on one of the first pictures I posted on Flickr in July of '06, and I've been following him since.
I love his photographs, there is often a candid quality and he somehow manages to fire the shutter at exactly the right time. His work with film has been an inspiration to me. As I pop in and out of the film world I always look to Seth for direction and inspiration.
One of my favorite things about Seth is that, although we've never met, I know I'd really like him. He values what's really important, his family and friends, and his pictures show it. He also expresses a real love for life and simple things. The guy pretty much kicks ass. Glad to know him on Flickr and look forward to the day we meet in real life, because I have some questions about one of my cameras."
March 26th, 2008
"It's hard to get past Seth's beautiful kids. I have a special spot for his golden little curly girl!... But not only do him and his wife make such beautiful little ones he is an amazing photographer. His ventures into film have inspired me to learn even more about photography and not relying on a digital review screen.
*ETA. Seth and I go way back.. i'm talking pre McSethness and McDreamy's twin. Just had to throw that in there."
March 17th, 2008
The Foamy Green says:
"Quite possibly, the best child photographs on Flickr. It's so rare to find personality so richly conveyed in photography but Doublecappuccino does it consistently. And that's just one aspect of his body of work. Whether he's going with the Holga or the Leica, more often than not, he just nails it. Simply nails it."
January 24th, 2008
"I've recently discovered the double goodness of the double cappuccino.
Seth is one of my favourite flickrites..he can shoot the hell out of a roll of film and I wish there were more photographers that were as big into film as he is.
Each time I visit his stream, he inspires me to go out and fall back in love with my film cameras."
January 22nd, 2008
The Soul's Muse/Jenn says:
"McDreamy is extremely McTalented, not to mention McWitty and McKind. A true McGem. XOXO."
January 4th, 2008
Lucy's 10 Lives says:
"Seth is one of the warmest communicators I've ever come across and his dedication to his family and art shows in his photography. One can't be helped but be inspired."
September 19th, 2007
"As a self proclaimed amateur, he raises the bar for other amateurs. He has an eye for photography that makes me want to take better photos. I love the photos of his family and friends. A great photostream that I check regularly. flickr contacts like this make flickr a community."
November 1st, 2006
"I'm not sure how I first found Doublecappuccino's photos (or how he found mine), but I'm very glad I did: his photography is eye-catching, engaging, and full-to-burst with a genuine sense of joy. The latter is very important, because it is often hard to find that kind of warmth on Flickr. And I get the feeling that that warmth (for both the subject matter and the process of capturing it) comes from the man himself. Take a look at one of his many wonderful portraits, or at one of his numerous fascinating nature studies, and judge for yourself. I will certainly be following his work for some time to come."
August 17th, 2006
"I have thoroughly enjoyed watching doublecappuccino evolve in his work, pretty much along with me. it's been a fun journey, and the results speak for themselves. DoubleC's portraits of his family are beautiful and tender and reveal some serious skill in b&w conversion. He's also a constant encouraging presence on Flickr, with nothing but nice things to say."
July 8th, 2006
- S e t h
- December 2005
- SF, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Planet Olive