I'm interested in street life and street photography, graffiti, architecture, storefronts and other urban subjects. I'm originally from Florida, I've lived in New York and now I live in London, but I take photos everywhere. I love going on long walks with my camera. I document graffiti and street art to help create an online "library" of what would otherwise be ephemeral works.
Licentiate member of the Royal Photographic Society (LRPS).
I've compiled my favorite photos into books, which are available on Blurb:
You are welcome to use my photos for personal or noncommercial purposes, with appropriate credit. No unauthorized commercial use allowed. If you want to use a photo, feel free to contact me via Flickrmail and we can talk about it.
Photos of SReed99342 (4)
- A HOME COUNTY VIEW 1,085 photos, 201 members
- photos of photographers with a selfie stick 1,479 photos, 174 members
- Budapest 81,606 photos, 4,457 members
- Budapest, Hungary 79,855 photos, 6,799 members
- Budapest Street Photography 7,077 photos, 510 members
- Street Shots UK 4,657 photos, 950 members
- The Twentieth Century and Contemporary House 17,819 photos, 1,918 members
- CANALBOAT WORLD 8,064 photos, 592 members
- NW6 524 photos, 12 members
- Beautiful Bug Butt Thursday (BBBT) 6,346 photos, 246 members
- !-Dogs And Balls-! 4,848 photos, 475 members
- A SHOW HOUSE 16,220 photos, 1,626 members
- British Wild Flower Group 4,855 photos, 243 members
- TUDOR THATCH 2,272 photos, 286 members
- Staffies are the Greatest 5,984 photos, 521 members
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier Lovers 12,220 photos, 1,417 members
- Happy Staffies 2,711 photos, 249 members
- Staffys and Staffy puppys 381 photos, 55 members
- Tyne and Wear 33,987 photos, 708 members
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, UK 3,651 photos, 98 members
- Newcastle Upon Tyne group 9,265 photos, 1,217 members
- Midcentury Neighborhoods 4,107 photos, 447 members
- Pinellas County, Florida 15,403 photos, 473 members
- Knockers 7,245 photos, 479 members
- Lost mittens and gloves (baby and children) 548 photos, 49 members
- Wonderful Winter Haven, Florida 1,409 photos, 34 members
- Polk County, FL Photos 5,364 photos, 104 members
- RPS London Group 817 photos, 53 members
- Growing in the gaps 3,222 photos, 275 members
- NW London 399 photos, 44 members
- West Hampstead, North West London 770 photos, 50 members
- Lambeth 6,879 photos, 440 members
- Southwark 15,237 photos, 896 members
- Bermondsey & Rotherhithe 2,117 photos, 186 members
- Hampstead Heath 5,311 photos, 514 members
- LISBOA PORTUGAL 18,561 photos, 807 members
- Bairro Alto - Lisboa 2,422 photos, 460 members
- Lisboa / Lisbon 4,329 photos, 310 members
- Lisbon (Portugal) 5,571 photos, 346 members
- Lisbon Travel Photography 14,467 photos, 1,555 members
- Street! 9,948 photos, 13,114 members
- UK Streetphotography 22,631 photos, 416 members
- Gimme Street (no coward shots, no children) 1,292 photos, 601 members
- Gay Pride Soho London 2015 201 photos, 8 members
- Pride London 2015 2,291 photos, 80 members
- York Minster 5,225 photos, 588 members
- York 39,315 photos, 2,549 members
- COVERED AND SMOTHERED 1,471 photos, 115 members
- Takeaways and Chip Shops of the World 2,081 photos, 196 members
- Photo London 13,982 photos, 66 members
Adam Lawrence says:
"my photographic brother from another mother"
January 9th, 2009
Reid Harris Cooper says:
"Steve Reed has a keen eye. Not only for works of street art, but noticing obscure architecture, the way shadows hit and just the world in general. He doesn't take photos for photos sake, he generates a history and creates a conversation with the simplicity and care of his flicks."
December 14th, 2008
"You don't have to visit New York to see some street art. You only have to visit SReeds photostream."
October 21st, 2008
"Steve is the sniper of the streets ... he pinpoints the best targets, zeroes in and shoots incredible shots of all the greatest graf in NYC. His discerning lens provides an incredible record of the ever-changing street art scene."
April 5th, 2008
mysterious field says:
"You don't know this, but Steve Reed saved your sanity.
Steve Reed has dedicated countless hours and perfectly good shoes to walking around reminding you what the world looks like; it's a rough and scratchy underbelly and coated in scribbles and stickers, and exoskeleton made of steel girders and a porous concrete skin.
And we live in times where nothing needs to be real any more. So thank the appropriate powers that be that Steve is."
July 24th, 2007
- Steve Reed
- September 2006
- London, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My photo books on Blurb