Somewhere in the midst of a city covered by people like the ground of an anthill you can see a face that looks different.
This face might not have wide eyes and the hair might not be not as black as of the other faces that are used to paint the szene I am talking about.
This face belongs to a 23 years old sweetheart that was called sprengben by himself.
He does not consider himself to be a Photographer but he somehow loves the power that lays in a simple click that possibly lasts only a breath of a second but on the other hand gives authority over true Art and real style.
He is not bound to any rules because he just doesn't know them and therefor is not in the position to sitck to them.
He just hopes to capture extravagant shots and portray life in a way that hasn't been done before.
As I am getting more professional… lol!
I am still not bound to rules. But my equipment get’s a bit better. A lot of people ask me what I use to take my photos. You will be surprised I think. I am able to take photos with let’s say, none professional lenses and they look good…
Just guess, there is hope for everyone like me whose purse is on Diet… :)
-Tamron AF 17-50mm, F 2.8
-Tokina 12-24mm, F 4
-Nikon 70-300mm 1:4-5.6D ED
Other: 2 eyes that need glasses to be able to see what I want to capture :)
Maybe I am an equipment n00b, but let’s face the facts. If you have good places or people to shoot you can even make cool photos with a Babylens or a Holga so why not with a Tamron or Tokina Lens?
If you don’t believe me look at my pictures. Most of them are sharp and have colors!
- Travel Photography 2,257,239 photos, 86,799 members
- Night Images 949,570 photos, 123,408 members
- Sydney ♥ 4,294 photos, 255 members
- Night Lights 604,937 photos, 57,596 members
- Night Photography 345,427 photos, 22,202 members
- Night city 21,085 photos, 885 members
- night view. 13,489 photos, 669 members
- Night Shot 96,709 photos, 5,771 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 352,632 photos, 26,170 members
- Urban Night Shots 212,915 photos, 14,827 members
- City Nights 158,619 photos, 11,949 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 516,664 photos, 33,058 members
- CityScape 535,496 photos, 19,810 members
- City at Night ! 69,145 photos, 3,902 members
- City and Architecture 18,659 photos, 1,951 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,589 photos, 14,475 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 59,500 photos, 3,060 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,515 photos, 1,101 members
- Structural Artists 7,613 photos, 1,138 members
- ~Engineering is Art~ Engineering & Architecture 2013 18,577 photos, 1,462 members
- ~Passage to Beauty~ High Quality Photography 2014 Pt 1/Ct 2 24,086 photos, 1,413 members
- **Cool Shot** - P1/A4 - NO PEOPLE - 73,280 photos, 4,284 members
- Lights in the Darkness - The best Night Shots 15,994 photos, 1,044 members
- visuelleGedanken.de 24,787 photos, 438 members
- Singapore Plus65 - Photos from Singapura, The Lion City! 90,710 photos, 3,042 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 1 (Post 1 - Award 5) 152,392 photos, 9,162 members
- Por aí... 19,313 photos, 387 members
- Blinkagain P1 A3 New challenge something NEW (no children) 279,803 photos, 15,059 members
- unseen things 2,185 photos, 177 members
- **Platinum Hearts Hall of Fame** Photos With 10 Platinum Hearts 33,922 photos, 5,990 members
- 200+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 3,792 photos, 1,118 members
- Wir sprechen Deutsch 196,786 photos, 2,432 members
- Colorkey 3,518 photos, 521 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ High Quality~Queue -P1/C3 253,570 photos, 31,561 members
- 100+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 21,217 photos, 3,173 members
- ! **お散歩カメラ / osanpo camera 487,836 photos, 13,448 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 112,730 photos, 7,275 members
- Top Honor of Photographer Paradise"Post 1 / Award 5" 31,677 photos, 3,792 members
- The Pantheon of Treasures ( 200+ Faves ) Admin Invite only 789 photos, 124 members
- *Special Artistic Photography* (admin-invited only) 8,813 photos, 794 members
- World100F – The QualityGroup 12,234 photos, 2,136 members
- Lines&Curves - Post 1: Comment 1 161,273 photos, 13,352 members
- *GreatPixGallery 500 Faves+ 136 photos, 38 members
- Fl♥ckr Hearts -- Post 1 & Give 3 Hearts - Sweeper Active! 700,552 photos, 35,263 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 511,996 photos, 28,349 members
- * Vanishing Points * 159,983 photos, 31,100 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 125,602 photos, 8,876 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 158,173 photos, 11,020 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 190,395 photos, 12,699 members
- MY FLICKR FAV's (Invite a Friends Photo) P1/C2 89,010 photos, 4,156 members
Ganymede: Photography says:
"Spreng Ben is a superb photographer - Portraits, landscapes, urban, macros and more - he can handle everything. He transforms photography into pure Art, and he is one of the best in here. You better check out his gallery, you will enjoy it the way I always do!"
12th August, 2011
"Spreng is an inspiration for me. Many of his cityscape are crazily amazing. I actually started trying cityscape after looking at his pictures.
At times he goes a bit overboard with HDR. I guess that is the only point he has to keep in mind.
Overall an amazing photographer and surely an inspiration for many."
27th October, 2011
""every photo that ben uploads in flickr is technically superb, contains a story and product of a good imagination. most of his photographs are really admirable that's why he is nice to follow. And one thing that i admire most about him is the openness to share his techniques to others""
15th April, 2010
"Sprengben is definitely one of the most creative photographers in my contact list. He doesn't just take a picture. You can exactly see how much work he puts in every single of the photos in his stream. It starts with a good eye for the right motif, the right perspective, the right exposure. And it ends with really amazing editing. His HDRs are exactly how HDRs should be: colourful, plastic, but not "too much" of everything.
Of course he has the possibility of capturing many, many amazing sceneries as he lives in Japan currently. It's always great to see his view on this interesting country, and I'm glad that he shares his impressions with us.
Last but not least Sprengben is one of those contacts who never write a standard comment but always look at your photos close and find some interesting words about it. I really appreciate that and I'm happy to have him in my "list"! :)"
10th April, 2010
"Sprengen has provided a 'window' to Japan.
I can't get enough to look at his images! They show, that Japan is a beautiful country. Sprenbenn expresses very well that beauty in his photos !
Thank you , Sprengen , for sharing your photos with me, with which I could learn so much of Japan ! With them, you have given me with even more reasons to add Japan to my future travel destinations !
Thoroughly amazing shots , ever and ever again. Every photo makes me feel and experience something new . We all have all seen many good photos on Flickr, but these ones are top quality, each of them.
You are definitely my favorite photographer of the ones in Flickr.""
1st April, 2010
Derek Caiden says:
"Ben represents a new wave of photography on Flickr. His work covers a wide range of genre from portrait to street photography but more recently, he has developed his own dominant style of coloured cityscapes that are quite simply stunning. Ben’s use of highly saturated colours taken at night using long exposures are technically brilliant. Note the perfect verticals and balanced tones throughout. There are no burned highlights and this is very difficult to achieve. Ben is currently travelling the world and capturing some of the best photography I have seen in a long time. Worthy of note are his shots taken of the Hong Kong skyline, Japan and China. For those, like me, who love popped colours – check out “Tokyo Metropolitan”, “Daniel’s Bike” and “Taxi”. My other favourites include “My Little Panorama” and “Shopping Again” taken in China. Ben’s views reach into the tens of thousands and he has over 600 favs already – all of which are well earned! I look forward seeing his new work appearing in my “Your Contacts” box. A truly great photographer!"
28th March, 2010
"Cities are concentration of the most incredible creations of mankind. And Sprengben is one of the people who know how to make it apparent in picture. If you love urbanity, you will necessarily love his work. You can see that he is a man who has run a lot of places in the world. And always find a way to make it surprising and beautiful with his amazing eye. Some rare points of view and magical light make the efficiency of his style."
27th March, 2010
"Sprengben..one of my newest contacts, but what a great stream..some amazing work going on there...and some great ideas..always different so you never know what you are going to see....great so see a stream from someone who says he does not know the rules....there are no rules for you..keep em coming.."
22nd February, 2010
"Sprengben's ability to pre-visualize from great capture to top notch post processing and has a pure artistic feel to it. He definately has a beautiful stream to walk through and deserve ur time to stop by and view it.
Besides that, he is a contact that never fails to drop by and visit.
Keep it up the good work mt friend!
13th February, 2010
"Sprengben is a very talented photographer! He has a special skill to see the beauty and capture it into his photography.
He is improving very rapidly and shares with us some of the most wonderful HDR images. Keep it up Sprengben!"
7th February, 2010
Line in the Sand Shooter says:
"I first saw Sprengben's photos on HDR Spotting. Ever since then, I've been an ardent follower of his photostream. His East Asian HDR's are a nice change of pace from the more euro-centric photos of most HDR photographers. He is also one of the few people in my opinion that are processing HDR shots "the right way" in that the focus is on the photo itself and not the technical effect. I am looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future."
4th February, 2010
"immerse yourself in the gallery of Sprengben, pass across the mirror, light and color combine beautifully with the touch of fantasy so necessary in today's world"
4th February, 2010
- Spreng Ben
- April 2009
- Tokyo, Japan
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Sprengben's Tokyo Blog