i am a stay at home dad and am now devoting all of my energy to being the best dad and plush mad scientist i can be.i spend most of my time crafting the cutest and creepiest little creatures that as days go on take up more of my house lol.but i don't make them for me i make them for the world. too many kids grow up with store bought plush when they could have unique things made with love.
i go to extra lengths to make sure everything i make is as durable and sturdy as i can, no glued on eyes or faces, everything is carefully stitched in place.
All Spooky Daddy Toys are produced lovingly by hand by one person. No Chinese children with bleedy fingers. From a doodle in a sketchbook to the pattern drawn on sheets of cheap copy paper taped together. All the way to a plush monster fashioned out of soft cuddily fleece. There is no corporation. Each dollar you send to Spooky Daddy Toys goes towards more fabric and stuffing and electricity to keep my sewing machine running and food to go in my belly to keep me running.
Every creation is truely unigue. Even series of plush all have different faces and personalities. True handmade quality work CAN still exist in this world of mass production and imitation. Every piece that is sent out has been personally blessed and cursed and sewn and taken apart and resew until it is just right by one human being who recieves all of the money that you trade for your new art.
When you buy a plush that was mass produced how much of each sale do you think actually goes into the hands that held the pencil that created the character out of nothing, or the hands that held the fabric when it was still in a single sheet and the thread as it left the spool?
if you like anything you see on here visit my webstore to see if it is available right now and if you don't find what you where looking for there email me with any questions.
check back with me as i am constantly adding new creatures to my store and my flickr page.
don't forget to go visit my Etsy shop
or you will be sad :-(
Photos of spooky daddy (2)
- Video only 2,870 photos, 195 members
- Unknown Hinson 92 photos, 33 members
- Tattooed & Pierced Vegans 441 photos, 125 members
- The Nutcase Society 4,227 photos, 312 members
- Vintage Halloween 4,181 photos, 1,067 members
- this is halloween 5,920 photos, 404 members
- Black & Orange for Halloween 730 photos, 142 members
- Enami Eyes 482 photos, 100 members
- ''weird'' craft and artwork 15,723 photos, 985 members
- ★BuNnY MoNsTeRz EvErYwHeRe★ 554 photos, 61 members
- Crafty Video 28 photos, 15 members
- I ♡ Cute Animals (Comment please) 9,564 photos, 957 members
- Monsteretsy 998 photos, 51 members
- Character Design 107,140 photos, 7,572 members
- Mailboxes, etc. 5,794 photos, 1,359 members
- Crafty Bastards 2008 520 photos, 56 members
- CRAFT 250,121 photos, 14,250 members
- Yo Gabba Gabba Love! 473 photos, 154 members
- Handmade Original Dolls 37,386 photos, 3,042 members
- Alterna-crafting! 6,180 photos, 362 members
- Bats 5,805 photos, 1,839 members
- Chiroptera (Bats) 2,581 photos, 621 members
- Bones `n Skulls 16,282 photos, 2,618 members
- Skulls 16,012 photos, 3,966 members
- Indie Craft Fair Guide 1,658 photos, 1,157 members
- SHOW ME YOUR BOOTHS 3,635 photos, 2,380 members
- It's yours, take it! 2,649 photos, 1,139 members
- Handmade One-of-a-Kind Softies 7,468 photos, 966 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 572,584 photos, 26,058 members
- I Made it Myself 635,682 photos, 28,146 members
- The Puppet Hole 3,714 photos, 180 members
- Puppet Shows 1,096 photos, 234 members
- 2nd Annual Softie Awards 1,564 photos, 263 members
- Christmas 67,984 photos, 6,679 members
- Gingerbread Men, their Houses, and Adventures 296 photos, 165 members
- International Mismatched Sock Day - April 1st 16 photos, 60 members
- Cuteable 123,775 photos, 4,889 members
- Tattoos Below The Cuff 654 photos, 528 members
- Etsy Plush 22,352 photos, 1,417 members
- Wear a Sweater for Mr. Rogers - March 20th 92 photos, 29 members
- ☣ ☠..Mutants n' Monsters.. ☠ ☣ 25,117 photos, 887 members
- Monsters 9,251 photos, 706 members
- fair folk 4,908 photos, 587 members
- sewing tattoo 361 photos, 634 members
- Free Stuff! 129 photos, 171 members
- Show Us Your Headers! 169 photos, 134 members
- toylove2008 27 photos, 112 members
- "Plush It!" 4,119 photos, 333 members
- HANDMADE & HOMEMADE 51,316 photos, 2,171 members
- eyes < o > < o > 25,196 photos, 3,371 members
"spooky does a hell of a job you can tell he loves his work and boy does it show.
he made me my new best friend and right hand man "Greengo"
and i love me this puppet!
his toys real do take on a life of their own."
August 5th, 2008
"i love my eyeball!"
June 2nd, 2008
"I have just received my first Spooky Daddy plush and I could not be more thrilled! The moment he emerged from the box, I knew I had something special. These wonderful creations have so much personality it's almost, dare I say, "spooky". Everything is working together here : concept, artistry and execution. The workmanship is second to none.
I could never go back to store-bought blandness, and while Spooky keeps creating these awesome toys, I won't have to!"
March 14th, 2008
Spooky Momma says:
"Spooky Daddy Toys are some of the best handmade plush available on earth! They are sturdily made so they're little-kid friendly (no glued on parts, buttons, etc). PLUS they are crazily amazinly creative....like something you might see in your wildest dreams (or nightmares!)"
November 3rd, 2007
"spooky daddy's wit and craftsmanship inspire me to be a better dollmaker.his creations are full of life and humor. and poo.
lots of poo."
June 1st, 2007
- February 2007
- Bowling Green KY
- Bowling Green KY
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad/ Plush mad scientist
- spooky daddy toys