My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- Effected Cameras 4,942 photos, 443 members
- San Francisco 231,578 photos, 13,974 members
- Fairgoods 13 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,028 photos, 320 members
- CERN 1,329 photos, 237 members
- An Apple A Day 1,536 photos, 497 members
- Hawaii 64,965 photos, 4,802 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 8,993 photos, 1,258 members
- Scotch Whisky 2,186 photos, 418 members
- Type Camp 2,347 photos, 74 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 262,449 photos, 20,638 members
- Tool Porn 6,757 photos, 869 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 2,110 photos, 105 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 51,242 photos, 3,962 members
- Wonder Walls 3,123 photos, 173 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,773 photos, 5,314 members
- Film Stock Collectives, creative images of film stock 87 photos, 67 members
- Apple Inc. 7,739 photos, 1,618 members
- #macintosh 501 photos, 45 members
- Google Chrome 117 photos, 118 members
- Screenshots 4,646 photos, 1,540 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,066 photos, 1,330 members
- Project Weather 158,926 photos, 38,589 members
- Computer Museum 2,345 photos, 267 members
- Palmtop computers 136 photos, 12 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,090 photos, 173 members
- Phototypesetting 275 photos, 41 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,172 photos, 718 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,544 photos, 603 members
- Writing Machines 4,859 photos, 7,110 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 137 photos, 40 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,010 photos, 250 members
- Give me direction 146 photos, 26 members
- Vacuum Tubes 1,984 photos, 437 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,366 photos, 74 members
- American Type Founders 344 photos, 70 members
- 8 Faces 129 photos, 30 members
- ApplePorn 9,222 photos, 1,668 members
- Cobalt Qube 24 photos, 3 members
- Sites I want to punch in the face 5 photos, 11 members
- Font Aid 67 photos, 41 members
- Commodore VIC-20 62 photos, 6 members
- Strictly Commodore 607 photos, 159 members
- SCSI 53 photos, 18 members
- Hard Drives 277 photos, 103 members
- Alberta Graffiti 202 photos, 41 members
- The hello Show 31 photos, 5 members
- Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH 8,075 photos, 814 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
7th January, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
21st November, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
29th September, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
2nd June, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
16th March, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey