My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- Things covered in THAT blue tarpaulin 17 photos, 21 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens 68,271 photos, 5,439 members
- Sighthound Crazy 12,267 photos, 581 members
- green + rust 8,582 photos, 686 members
- Electronic Junk 654 photos, 91 members
- Urban Fragments 2 (NO people) 8,825 photos, 835 members
- Funko Pop 1,845 photos, 212 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,515 photos, 44,297 members
- Computer History 4,400 photos, 337 members
- just one word 2,688 photos, 181 members
- Computer Museum 2,985 photos, 363 members
- Lots of Steps 3,594 photos, 371 members
- Everything Rusty 7,066 photos, 439 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 54,646 photos, 1,507 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 4,597 photos, 537 members
- Tube Amplification 47 photos, 17 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 22,475 photos, 1,059 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers as main theme 49,304 photos, 3,923 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 90,242 photos, 2,933 members
- Blooming Beauty 86,923 photos, 3,097 members
- Cool Calgary 1,078 photos, 101 members
- Canon Hardware 3,169 photos, 1,188 members
- Effected Cameras 36,083 photos, 2,944 members
- San Francisco 270,698 photos, 15,583 members
- Fairgoods 20 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 4,593 photos, 384 members
- CERN 1,436 photos, 301 members
- An Apple A Day 1,566 photos, 495 members
- Hawaii 75,299 photos, 5,215 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 27,340 photos, 3,095 members
- Scotch Whisky 4,294 photos, 542 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 338,914 photos, 23,540 members
- Tool Porn 7,459 photos, 1,014 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,478 photos, 134 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 68,908 photos, 4,990 members
- Wonder Walls 7,853 photos, 283 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 85,162 photos, 5,298 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 166 photos, 129 members
- Apple Inc. 9,611 photos, 1,897 members
- #macintosh 559 photos, 49 members
- Google Chrome 123 photos, 205 members
- Screenshots 6,172 photos, 1,568 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 10 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,262 photos, 1,363 members
- Project Weather 645,133 photos, 93,671 members
- Palmtop computers 143 photos, 17 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,410 photos, 197 members
- Phototypesetting 392 photos, 64 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey