My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 1,933 photos, 136 members
- Computer Museum 2,763 photos, 335 members
- Lots of Steps 2,502 photos, 301 members
- Everything Rusty 4,754 photos, 368 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 40,644 photos, 1,287 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 3,970 photos, 510 members
- Tube Amplification 29 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 18,097 photos, 900 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 36,884 photos, 3,468 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 68,054 photos, 2,150 members
- Blooming Beauty 79,472 photos, 2,951 members
- Cool Calgary 956 photos, 87 members
- Canon Hardware 3,070 photos, 1,146 members
- Effected Cameras 23,851 photos, 1,955 members
- San Francisco 257,911 photos, 15,115 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,892 photos, 348 members
- CERN 1,384 photos, 273 members
- An Apple A Day 1,543 photos, 499 members
- Hawaii 70,640 photos, 5,028 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 18,386 photos, 2,322 members
- Scotch Whisky 3,939 photos, 479 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 307,053 photos, 22,456 members
- Tool Porn 6,859 photos, 946 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,043 photos, 127 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 62,403 photos, 4,609 members
- Wonder Walls 5,914 photos, 237 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,184 photos, 5,269 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 156 photos, 117 members
- Apple Inc. 8,703 photos, 1,785 members
- #macintosh 548 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 170 members
- Screenshots 4,932 photos, 1,537 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,192 photos, 1,354 members
- Project Weather 565,376 photos, 84,075 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,324 photos, 188 members
- Phototypesetting 387 photos, 55 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,505 photos, 775 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,813 photos, 651 members
- Writing Machines 5,202 photos, 8,533 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 48 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,034 photos, 261 members
- Give me direction 189 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,154 photos, 486 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,563 photos, 96 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey