My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 2,263 photos, 162 members
- Computer Museum 2,904 photos, 351 members
- Lots of Steps 3,004 photos, 337 members
- Everything Rusty 5,722 photos, 403 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 45,349 photos, 1,387 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 4,283 photos, 519 members
- Tube Amplification 33 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 21,412 photos, 981 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers as main theme 41,816 photos, 3,678 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 76,739 photos, 2,485 members
- Blooming Beauty 81,668 photos, 2,969 members
- Cool Calgary 1,017 photos, 88 members
- Canon Hardware 3,099 photos, 1,166 members
- Effected Cameras 27,572 photos, 2,243 members
- San Francisco 262,414 photos, 15,405 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 4,344 photos, 368 members
- CERN 1,394 photos, 286 members
- An Apple A Day 1,539 photos, 496 members
- Hawaii 72,602 photos, 5,099 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 21,645 photos, 2,613 members
- Scotch Whisky 4,058 photos, 500 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 316,900 photos, 22,728 members
- Tool Porn 7,024 photos, 981 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,191 photos, 126 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 63,777 photos, 4,744 members
- Wonder Walls 6,771 photos, 255 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,598 photos, 5,283 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 160 photos, 118 members
- Apple Inc. 9,017 photos, 1,816 members
- #macintosh 557 photos, 49 members
- Google Chrome 121 photos, 184 members
- Screenshots 5,150 photos, 1,552 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,219 photos, 1,356 members
- Project Weather 635,782 photos, 90,794 members
- Palmtop computers 139 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,450 photos, 190 members
- Phototypesetting 389 photos, 59 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,543 photos, 789 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,911 photos, 664 members
- Writing Machines 5,283 photos, 9,092 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 49 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,058 photos, 262 members
- Give me direction 173 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,175 photos, 497 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,589 photos, 104 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey