My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 2,126 photos, 154 members
- Computer Museum 2,831 photos, 341 members
- Lots of Steps 2,780 photos, 326 members
- Everything Rusty 5,372 photos, 397 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 43,276 photos, 1,339 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 4,175 photos, 514 members
- Tube Amplification 29 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 19,999 photos, 939 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 38,834 photos, 3,542 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 72,681 photos, 2,339 members
- Blooming Beauty 80,827 photos, 2,973 members
- Cool Calgary 1,002 photos, 88 members
- Canon Hardware 3,090 photos, 1,155 members
- Effected Cameras 26,047 photos, 2,118 members
- San Francisco 260,072 photos, 15,310 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 4,101 photos, 365 members
- CERN 1,388 photos, 279 members
- An Apple A Day 1,537 photos, 497 members
- Hawaii 71,814 photos, 5,070 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 20,161 photos, 2,484 members
- Scotch Whisky 4,017 photos, 487 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 312,194 photos, 22,622 members
- Tool Porn 7,000 photos, 968 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,100 photos, 126 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 63,932 photos, 4,691 members
- Wonder Walls 6,470 photos, 251 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,442 photos, 5,277 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 159 photos, 120 members
- Apple Inc. 8,868 photos, 1,804 members
- #macintosh 553 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 120 photos, 175 members
- Screenshots 5,168 photos, 1,544 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,211 photos, 1,353 members
- Project Weather 620,436 photos, 88,691 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,330 photos, 190 members
- Phototypesetting 389 photos, 56 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,523 photos, 782 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,854 photos, 659 members
- Writing Machines 5,285 photos, 8,869 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 48 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,056 photos, 262 members
- Give me direction 173 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,166 photos, 492 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,570 photos, 102 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey