My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- Lots of Steps 1,443 photos, 189 members
- Everything Rusty 3,441 photos, 285 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 35,908 photos, 1,180 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 3,696 photos, 501 members
- Tube Amplification 27 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 14,726 photos, 774 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 32,554 photos, 3,264 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 58,465 photos, 1,770 members
- Blooming Beauty 75,486 photos, 2,883 members
- Cool Calgary 934 photos, 84 members
- Canon Hardware 3,006 photos, 1,122 members
- Effected Cameras 18,545 photos, 1,493 members
- San Francisco 250,185 photos, 14,712 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,612 photos, 339 members
- CERN 1,377 photos, 264 members
- An Apple A Day 1,529 photos, 493 members
- Hawaii 68,839 photos, 4,941 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 15,056 photos, 1,931 members
- Scotch Whisky 2,661 photos, 463 members
- Type Camp International 2,347 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 293,059 photos, 21,757 members
- Tool Porn 6,542 photos, 927 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 2,779 photos, 123 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 59,488 photos, 4,389 members
- Wonder Walls 5,166 photos, 206 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 83,769 photos, 5,262 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 136 photos, 103 members
- Apple Inc. 8,188 photos, 1,752 members
- #macintosh 541 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 150 members
- Screenshots 4,756 photos, 1,533 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,172 photos, 1,342 members
- Project Weather 409,092 photos, 73,074 members
- Palmtop computers 137 photos, 14 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,294 photos, 182 members
- Phototypesetting 386 photos, 53 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,347 photos, 762 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,763 photos, 637 members
- Writing Machines 5,079 photos, 7,754 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 47 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,030 photos, 258 members
- Give me direction 182 photos, 28 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,109 photos, 478 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,486 photos, 88 members
- American Type Founders 365 photos, 73 members
- 8 Faces 130 photos, 30 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey