My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 1,848 photos, 132 members
- Computer Museum 2,728 photos, 330 members
- Lots of Steps 2,123 photos, 270 members
- Everything Rusty 4,287 photos, 341 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 38,482 photos, 1,241 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 3,883 photos, 509 members
- Tube Amplification 29 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 16,587 photos, 849 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 35,088 photos, 3,374 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 63,064 photos, 1,986 members
- Blooming Beauty 77,712 photos, 2,925 members
- Cool Calgary 949 photos, 86 members
- Canon Hardware 3,042 photos, 1,134 members
- Effected Cameras 21,708 photos, 1,767 members
- San Francisco 254,809 photos, 14,932 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,596 photos, 341 members
- CERN 1,395 photos, 271 members
- An Apple A Day 1,548 photos, 499 members
- Hawaii 69,720 photos, 4,996 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 16,837 photos, 2,161 members
- Scotch Whisky 2,788 photos, 473 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 301,568 photos, 22,273 members
- Tool Porn 6,750 photos, 938 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 2,908 photos, 126 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 61,165 photos, 4,515 members
- Wonder Walls 5,501 photos, 223 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,288 photos, 5,260 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 140 photos, 109 members
- Apple Inc. 8,557 photos, 1,774 members
- #macintosh 543 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 119 photos, 164 members
- Screenshots 4,878 photos, 1,534 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,190 photos, 1,352 members
- Project Weather 516,239 photos, 80,179 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,295 photos, 185 members
- Phototypesetting 387 photos, 55 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,444 photos, 767 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,794 photos, 645 members
- Writing Machines 5,163 photos, 8,192 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 48 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,030 photos, 259 members
- Give me direction 182 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,136 photos, 483 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,492 photos, 90 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey