My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 2,018 photos, 144 members
- Computer Museum 2,799 photos, 340 members
- Lots of Steps 2,661 photos, 315 members
- Everything Rusty 5,011 photos, 383 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 41,825 photos, 1,317 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 4,054 photos, 514 members
- Tube Amplification 28 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 19,049 photos, 917 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 37,695 photos, 3,498 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 69,868 photos, 2,253 members
- Blooming Beauty 80,231 photos, 2,963 members
- Cool Calgary 963 photos, 87 members
- Canon Hardware 3,081 photos, 1,154 members
- Effected Cameras 24,910 photos, 2,040 members
- San Francisco 258,706 photos, 15,209 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 4,107 photos, 356 members
- CERN 1,385 photos, 274 members
- An Apple A Day 1,533 photos, 499 members
- Hawaii 71,079 photos, 5,049 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 19,207 photos, 2,400 members
- Scotch Whisky 3,972 photos, 480 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 309,720 photos, 22,510 members
- Tool Porn 6,952 photos, 956 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,074 photos, 127 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 63,190 photos, 4,649 members
- Wonder Walls 6,176 photos, 247 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,421 photos, 5,271 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 157 photos, 116 members
- Apple Inc. 8,759 photos, 1,790 members
- #macintosh 553 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 172 members
- Screenshots 5,026 photos, 1,539 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,199 photos, 1,353 members
- Project Weather 605,133 photos, 87,512 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,324 photos, 189 members
- Phototypesetting 389 photos, 56 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,502 photos, 779 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,828 photos, 657 members
- Writing Machines 5,260 photos, 8,706 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 48 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,051 photos, 261 members
- Give me direction 167 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,157 photos, 487 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,565 photos, 98 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey