My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- Urban Fragments 2 (NO people) 3,316 photos, 485 members
- Funko Pop 1,194 photos, 166 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,828 photos, 44,282 members
- Computer History 4,217 photos, 331 members
- just one word 2,383 photos, 168 members
- Computer Museum 2,911 photos, 353 members
- Lots of Steps 3,180 photos, 340 members
- Everything Rusty 6,023 photos, 417 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 47,936 photos, 1,435 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 4,401 photos, 524 members
- Tube Amplification 36 photos, 13 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 20,934 photos, 1,021 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers as main theme 43,959 photos, 3,748 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 82,209 photos, 2,636 members
- Blooming Beauty 82,364 photos, 2,991 members
- Cool Calgary 1,008 photos, 92 members
- Canon Hardware 3,124 photos, 1,175 members
- Effected Cameras 30,587 photos, 2,512 members
- San Francisco 265,029 photos, 15,458 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 4,406 photos, 376 members
- CERN 1,409 photos, 295 members
- An Apple A Day 1,542 photos, 498 members
- Hawaii 73,513 photos, 5,132 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 23,115 photos, 2,749 members
- Scotch Whisky 4,094 photos, 513 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 323,571 photos, 23,025 members
- Tool Porn 7,152 photos, 989 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,273 photos, 129 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 65,343 photos, 4,815 members
- Wonder Walls 7,051 photos, 261 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,873 photos, 5,292 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 163 photos, 125 members
- Apple Inc. 9,099 photos, 1,846 members
- #macintosh 559 photos, 49 members
- Google Chrome 122 photos, 191 members
- Screenshots 5,312 photos, 1,551 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,244 photos, 1,362 members
- Project Weather 645,363 photos, 92,100 members
- Palmtop computers 139 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,373 photos, 193 members
- Phototypesetting 389 photos, 59 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,580 photos, 790 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,978 photos, 671 members
- Writing Machines 5,338 photos, 9,311 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 142 photos, 49 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey