My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 1,895 photos, 135 members
- Computer Museum 2,750 photos, 334 members
- Lots of Steps 2,389 photos, 289 members
- Everything Rusty 4,659 photos, 357 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 39,809 photos, 1,274 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 3,937 photos, 511 members
- Tube Amplification 29 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 17,434 photos, 881 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 36,376 photos, 3,454 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 66,262 photos, 2,079 members
- Blooming Beauty 78,953 photos, 2,943 members
- Cool Calgary 955 photos, 88 members
- Canon Hardware 3,066 photos, 1,143 members
- Effected Cameras 23,198 photos, 1,900 members
- San Francisco 256,732 photos, 15,050 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,892 photos, 346 members
- CERN 1,383 photos, 272 members
- An Apple A Day 1,544 photos, 499 members
- Hawaii 70,335 photos, 5,015 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 17,846 photos, 2,260 members
- Scotch Whisky 3,892 photos, 476 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 305,282 photos, 22,419 members
- Tool Porn 6,844 photos, 944 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 3,016 photos, 127 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 62,002 photos, 4,576 members
- Wonder Walls 5,762 photos, 232 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,381 photos, 5,261 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 147 photos, 115 members
- Apple Inc. 8,640 photos, 1,784 members
- #macintosh 546 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 169 members
- Screenshots 4,913 photos, 1,536 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,182 photos, 1,355 members
- Project Weather 556,789 photos, 83,240 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,324 photos, 188 members
- Phototypesetting 387 photos, 55 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,489 photos, 771 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,803 photos, 651 members
- Writing Machines 5,188 photos, 8,408 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 48 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,027 photos, 259 members
- Give me direction 188 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,149 photos, 487 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,563 photos, 94 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey