My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- just one word 1,809 photos, 132 members
- Computer Museum 2,717 photos, 331 members
- Lots of Steps 2,005 photos, 253 members
- Everything Rusty 4,075 photos, 332 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 37,737 photos, 1,226 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 3,873 photos, 506 members
- Tube Amplification 27 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 16,862 photos, 830 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 34,390 photos, 3,340 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 61,769 photos, 1,944 members
- Blooming Beauty 77,117 photos, 2,914 members
- Cool Calgary 949 photos, 86 members
- Canon Hardware 3,039 photos, 1,128 members
- Effected Cameras 21,101 photos, 1,728 members
- San Francisco 253,786 photos, 14,887 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,596 photos, 341 members
- CERN 1,391 photos, 270 members
- An Apple A Day 1,535 photos, 495 members
- Hawaii 69,363 photos, 4,984 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 16,340 photos, 2,087 members
- Scotch Whisky 2,764 photos, 470 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 299,823 photos, 22,238 members
- Tool Porn 6,711 photos, 936 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 2,877 photos, 124 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 60,826 photos, 4,483 members
- Wonder Walls 5,470 photos, 217 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 84,136 photos, 5,261 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 139 photos, 105 members
- Apple Inc. 8,453 photos, 1,770 members
- #macintosh 541 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 157 members
- Screenshots 4,861 photos, 1,534 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,193 photos, 1,346 members
- Project Weather 498,799 photos, 78,784 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 15 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,295 photos, 184 members
- Phototypesetting 387 photos, 54 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,436 photos, 767 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,782 photos, 645 members
- Writing Machines 5,137 photos, 8,068 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 48 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,031 photos, 258 members
- Give me direction 182 photos, 29 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,127 photos, 484 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,488 photos, 88 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey