My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- Computer Museum 2,690 photos, 325 members
- Lots of Steps 1,662 photos, 213 members
- Everything Rusty 3,734 photos, 311 members
- Apple Pack Rats 127 photos, 55 members
- Science, Technology, History 36,684 photos, 1,206 members
- Vintage, retro and kitsch electronics 3,722 photos, 500 members
- Tube Amplification 27 photos, 12 members
- Brown is Rich and Earthy 15,806 photos, 800 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 33,263 photos, 3,301 members
- Urban Photo Publishing 59,761 photos, 1,846 members
- Blooming Beauty 76,138 photos, 2,892 members
- Cool Calgary 943 photos, 86 members
- Canon Hardware 3,026 photos, 1,123 members
- Effected Cameras 19,679 photos, 1,581 members
- San Francisco 251,709 photos, 14,793 members
- Fairgoods 21 photos, 3 members
- YYCPhoto 3,600 photos, 340 members
- CERN 1,377 photos, 265 members
- An Apple A Day 1,533 photos, 493 members
- Hawaii 69,229 photos, 4,961 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 15,670 photos, 1,992 members
- Scotch Whisky 2,703 photos, 470 members
- Type Camp International 2,349 photos, 76 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 296,632 photos, 22,084 members
- Tool Porn 6,673 photos, 929 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 2,833 photos, 123 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 60,130 photos, 4,435 members
- Wonder Walls 5,212 photos, 211 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 83,889 photos, 5,261 members
- Creative images of film & film packaging 136 photos, 103 members
- Apple Inc. 8,286 photos, 1,762 members
- #macintosh 541 photos, 48 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 153 members
- Screenshots 4,807 photos, 1,533 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,180 photos, 1,342 members
- Project Weather 446,094 photos, 75,989 members
- Palmtop computers 138 photos, 14 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,295 photos, 183 members
- Phototypesetting 386 photos, 53 members
- Codex Magazine 2 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,368 photos, 761 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,786 photos, 642 members
- Writing Machines 5,104 photos, 7,864 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 141 photos, 47 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,030 photos, 258 members
- Give me direction 182 photos, 28 members
- Vacuum Tubes 2,111 photos, 481 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,487 photos, 88 members
- American Type Founders 367 photos, 74 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
January 7th, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
November 21st, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
September 29th, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
June 2nd, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
March 16th, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey