*Please do not use any of my work without my explicit permission. *
While I love a personal comment and a favorite from you - please understand that if you favorite an image of mine and yet you have no profile info or photos available to me ... I will block you!!
I`ve long been interested in expressing myself (however poorly) through some some sort of artistic medium - first in music and voice and later in writing...flash fiction and poetry in particular.
And then in 2003...my husband gave me a digital camera as a gift. Mostly for pics of the grandkids, doncha know. (As if.) ;-)
A simple little point and shoot Fuji FinePix 2300 with only 2.1 mega pixels, no zoom and no flash control or filters. I was hooked.
Next came a Kodak DX7590 ... and the latest gift was a Kodak P712 which I have yet to master, but, now I`ve expanded my efforts in communication to include images...vignettes, bits of nature and life that speak to me and compell me to pass it on in some small way.
Now it's an EOS Digital Rebel XS (Also known as EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss F) ... I love it!
I am more than hooked; I'm obsessed.
This is what I want to do. What I want to learn to do better. I`ve met some fantastic people through the photo sharing communities, and it`s encouraged me beyond my wildest dreams to just get out there and do it. My horizons have been broadened a hundredfold. And I like it.
So far, I`m sharing my love of family and my community and nature in this little bitty corner of big old Texas, but I`m hoping to incorporate some of my writing soon.
I`m learning to be brave.
"There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. "
Groups:My heartfelt thanks go to those who take the time to invite me into their groups...
I'm finding it harder and harder, though, to participate - so if you've invited me I've had to consider carefully and make a choice. I have so many contacts that mean much to me and only so much time to fulfill group requirements wrt posting. I intend to participate at a level that is comfortable for me without sacrificing friendships and enjoyable perusing of excellent images...which was my purpose in coming to Flickr.
FWIW, I also find the flashing logo thingees off-putting and distracting from the lovely photos. Honestly, I prefer an honest comment, even a critique - and a fave every now and then. It always means much more to me...feels more real and personal. Thank you for your understanding.
- Ribbet! - The Official Ribbet Users Group 2,501 photos, 312 members
- PicMonkey 63,049 photos, 2,245 members
- For Garnite! 649 photos, 136 members
- Spring in The Air 2011 221 photos, 106 members
- Newborn posing inspiration group 19,814 photos, 7,997 members
- John's Barns 731 photos, 50 members
- Slide Show Only 1,291 photos, 526 members
- HBW (bringing the blurry since '08) 25,013 photos, 2,474 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,403 photos, 22,218 members
- Winged Water Wonders (Post 1 - Comment 1) 87,085 photos, 3,897 members
- Picnikers - closed 124,207 photos, 9,651 members
- Birds Photos 2,663,860 photos, 82,634 members
- Bird Videos 6,568 photos, 833 members
- Flickr Clock 3,973 photos, 2,640 members
- Free Verse 560 photos, 596 members
- The Colours of: Autumn 519,596 photos, 20,616 members
- Video Central 4,239 photos, 577 members
- Pink 2008 20,478 photos, 8,579 members
- What plant is that? 43,543 photos, 5,566 members
- Bookends - my photo 5 photos, 8 members
- Dallas Arboretum 2,757 photos, 160 members
- ♫ photo tune ♫ 10,227 photos, 732 members
- Gardening in Texas 3,019 photos, 110 members
- Field Guide to Insects and Spiders 62,439 photos, 2,537 members
- * The Long Photo * 1,536 photos, 251 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 52,103 photos, 2,883 members
- Best of Spring - Temp Closed 2,087 photos, 681 members
- Yukon Buddhist 64 photos, 3 members
- Garnite's Cheerleaders!!! 407 photos, 212 members
- closed for some time - sorry 92,836 photos, 5,511 members
- DFW Metro 61,078 photos, 2,198 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,488 photos, 971 members
- Breast Cancer Awareness 2,369 photos, 830 members
- Kids and nature 23,550 photos, 3,065 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,472 photos, 12,969 members
- Think P!nk 11,059 photos, 1,329 members
- Red for the People of Burma 25,691 photos, 2,750 members
- The Dictionary Of Image 4,079 photos, 1,521 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 2,046,052 photos, 87,752 members
- Hearts OF Nature 6,086 photos, 2,387 members
- One Of A Kind 824,341 photos, 21,632 members
- Fluttery Friday 3,207 photos, 354 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 32,017 photos, 1,988 members
- Animal Encounter Gateway 975 photos, 144 members
- Emily Dickinson 847 photos, 103 members
- pictures of us when we were kids 56 photos, 36 members
- Green is Beautiful 806,260 photos, 90,020 members
- Favorite Water Reflections Pictures 45,058 photos, 5,553 members
- Plants in Macro 39,853 photos, 3,204 members
- WowieKazowie! 208,632 photos, 7,772 members
"such kindness and sunlight,
wisdom and warmth,"
February 18th, 2009
B I R D says:
"As one who writes
and takes pictures
using one when the other. won't do
when the use of one finger
is drowned in the chorus of eight
or one finger puts the eight in awe
but the voice in our heart
can only be silenced by both
the picture writers
we know our kin
those who have joined
the shadow play
content to tell stories
wherever they are
whenever we can
when the spirit moves us
sparky2 the igniter of dreams
unafraid to speak truth
about emotional things
a catcher of light
a warmer of souls
a seer of life
a leader on the trail
a follower of her vision
her time is not wasted here
traveler of dreams
she weaves a tapestry here
in the dream time
B I R D
©2008, Frederick Douglass Perry, All Rights Reserved"
April 1st, 2008
Laurie York says:
"Sparky has created a soul-opening stream of words and images. I enter her Flickr site as if I'm entering a cathedral. I feel a reverence for Sparky's deep love, sincerity, wisdom, and keen eye for nature's beauty and intelligence - she is an outstanding poet and photographer - someone I will never forget. Thank you my dear friend for holding the light here on Flickr. I return to your site when my heart needs illumination and my soul needs to be reminded of the pure wonder of life on Earth as seen through your kind eyes..."
March 14th, 2008
"Susan has such a talent for capturing beauty and beautiful moments. I am so happy to have found her on flickr. She's someone I'd just love to meet in person one day!"
May 31st, 2007
""'I'm learning to be brave" ..... woooweee did that make me tear up. Gads Sparky we've walked along together since the old fotolog days lo these many year, caring deeply for the world around us and sharing the urgent desire to give it whole and healthy to our children!
....And I've watch that bravery flower like one of your wild Texas roses, through gorgeous combinations of images and words. Some of the words are yours some of them are the words of others but the combination always goes to the heart of thing. A combination that always makes me stop, that refuses to skittering along the surface of my mind, always sinks down to a deeper place.
Sparky2 how did I miss doing this for so long?"
April 7th, 2007
"susan has the eye for nature. i look at her work and i know she understands... i can actually feel her Love of this amazinbg world. her photographic touch is gentle, yet acute. i thank her for sharing her visions with us."
January 21st, 2006
I have never met her in my life.
Only on www.flickr.com that I have been able to know her photographies interest.
She is a lover of nature like myself.
Her images are superb in quality & reflecting her excellent of arts.
It is a very exciting & learning process when you visit her site.
I appreciate it..."
January 6th, 2006
Buddha's Elf says:
"Lotusgreen generously called dear Sparky2's photography "Sparktacular".
PcDoc has generalized a large part of Sparky2"s artwork as "analytical photography."
Thus, the new class of photography, as invented and lovingly offered to us by Sparky2,
SPARKTACULAR ANALYTICAL PHOTOGRAPHY
I will leave it up to our hero if a group will be devoted to our favorite talented Sparky2...
November 9th, 2005
- September 2004
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- As I See It