Hello! I'm Tricky, and i'm a Freelance Photographer, based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
I started out originally as a landscape photographer, something that i'm still quite passionate about, but commercially i'm working more in marketing, architecture, and documentary photography - you'll see that spilling into my stream occasionally - commission clients include Guinness, Leeds Council, Chetwood Architects/Sainsburys and UK-One Properties.
I love "quirky" events (the quirkier the better) - i've even travelled all the way to alaska just for the "World Beard and Mustache Championships"
Composition and the desire of the viewer to want to be there/find out more are key to what I like to achieve in my images.
Technically, i'm also an "Award Winning" Photographer, having won the National Trust 2009 "Time Well Spent" photography competition, and featured double-page in the middle of the Sunday Times Magazine. Woo :-)
I can supply my photos as either prints or on canvas - all produced through quality professional printing companies. Please get in touch for prices. Some prints are only available as limited numbered+signed collections.
There is a collection of my Cows and Yorkshire Landscape photography currently on show at The Midnight Bell, Water Lane, Holbeck, Leeds (10 minutes wall from Leeds City Train Station). The venue is an amazing gastro-pub, featured in Chef Jamie Olivers' latest book and tv series about best of British food - serving amazing real-ales and stunning food, in a cosy modern environment.
Most of my photography is available to licence as stock. An increasing number of my images are exclusively licenced thru Getty Images, on any photo page you can request to licence the image through Getty, or licence from me directly.
All my photography is (c) Rick Harrison. Some of the older photos are still available as a creative commons non-commercial, attribution licence, but these days I don't release under creative commons as the vast majority of people seem unable to read the licence and/or follow it. Attribution means I must be credited, copyright should be stated with that credit and it should be relatively easy for a viewer to find me (ie please link to my flickr account or website). I also expect the credit to be next to the image - burying the credit at the bottom of the page or on a credits page is not acceptable.
Free/For Credit usage of my photos
If the usage truly is for non-commercial usage, and no-one in the process (designers, staff etc) are making any money, then I'm often more than willing to let my photos be used provided (a) you get in touch first and (b) I am sufficiently credited. For all other usages we can arrange a fee - i've got a mortgage to pay too.
Unauthorized Commercial Usage
If you use my photography without my or Getty Images permission you will receive an invoice and an angry letter. The invoice will be substantially higher than if you had licensed the image from me in advance. I regularly use a variety of technologies for tracking unauthorized use of my work, and it's increasingly easy to find offenders.
My other sites
My Portfolio - details on how to contact/hire me and obtain prints.
You can view my Photography Blog to see what i've been up to lately (and i also post the odd photography tips and tricks).
You can also Follow me on twitter.
- Photos from Tokyo, Japan 281,448 photos, 19,174 members
- Kyoto / 京都 103,181 photos, 5,419 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 242 photos, 254 members
- Newcastle Upon Tyne group 7,241 photos, 912 members
- Whitley Bay 2,024 photos, 206 members
- Hiroshima 7,822 photos, 384 members
- Miyajima | 宮島 2,269 photos, 209 members
- Japan Images 524,873 photos, 12,733 members
- Temples,Shrines & Castles of Japan. ( + Deities) 日本 67,276 photos, 5,010 members
- Jaume Plensa sculptures 420 photos, 130 members
- Check In Check Off 83 photos, 3 members
- Derwentwater , Keswick 2,363 photos, 239 members
- Keswick 2,270 photos, 202 members
- Scotland, Naturally (NATURE ONLY) 8,887 photos, 406 members
- Starlings 2,946 photos, 500 members
- Movember UK 263 photos, 58 members
- Illuminating York 809 photos, 67 members
- Swillington Farm 13 photos, 4 members
- Photographers' Rights. 237 photos, 3,599 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Harrogate 109 photos, 37 members
- Cute Overload 3,158 photos, 639 members
- lambs and sheep 3,626 photos, 696 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Herriot Country 43 photos, 26 members
- BettaKultcha 107 photos, 5 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: York 453 photos, 67 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: East Yorkshire 336 photos, 71 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Yorkshire Dales 491 photos, 147 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Wakefield 222 photos, 50 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Pennine Yorkshire 166 photos, 47 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Leeds 205 photos, 64 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: The Yorkshire Coast 644 photos, 135 members
- Slaithwaite,West Yorkshire 691 photos, 38 members
- Dewsbury & District 1,218 photos, 38 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 27,224 photos, 2,224 members
- Leeds Civic Trust 3,883 photos, 87 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,773 photos, 22,956 members
- The Northerner 1,337 photos, 119 members
- Guardian Green shoots 22,649 photos, 1,442 members
- BBC Autumnwatch 142,322 photos, 12,625 members
- Leeds Digital Festival 19 photos, 9 members
- Leeds Strobist 1,293 photos, 213 members
- Light Night Leeds 454 photos, 87 members
- VisitEngland 9,538 photos, 460 members
- barbara hepworth 857 photos, 137 members
- National Trust Outdoors 12,650 photos, 1,084 members
- Manchester, UK 169,360 photos, 6,047 members
- Manchester Evening News pictures 28,090 photos, 841 members
- Bingley 1,240 photos, 75 members
- St Ives and Carbis Bay 6,906 photos, 595 members
- Tate Galleries 6,657 photos, 1,489 members
"Rick's a good guy. He always gives considerate constructive feedback! Oh his photographs are wonderfully creative as well. Keep it up mate!"
12th May, 2007
"If you're a hack like me...you'll immediately recognize that tricky's a talent...an not some wanna-be! Put him in your feedreader, chump! Keep up the great work tricky!"
29th January, 2007
"In March 2005 I joined Flickr and one of the first photos that really blew me away was one of Rick's night shots of Leeds. Since then it's rare if I don't think "wow" when seeing at least one photo out of each new set that appears. A consistent high standard that I envy. Inspirational and original, one of Flickr's true gems."
28th January, 2007
"I like Tricky's photos that has a lot artistry and plentifulin traces in his image of life. 總令人擁有許多的驚喜 ^^"
4th August, 2006
"Rick's images are a real good treat for the eyes!
They ooze fun and inspiration and it's great to see he's making damn good use of his newly acquired Canon big stuff!!
Thanks for sharing with us mate :)"
12th June, 2006
- Rick Harrison
- February 2005
- Leeds, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Freelance Photographer + Web Developer