Hello! I'm Tricky, and i'm a Freelance Photographer, based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
I started out originally as a landscape photographer, something that i'm still quite passionate about, but commercially i'm working more in marketing, architecture, and documentary photography - you'll see that spilling into my stream occasionally - commission clients include Guinness, Leeds Council, Chetwood Architects/Sainsburys and UK-One Properties.
I love "quirky" events (the quirkier the better) - i've even travelled all the way to alaska just for the "World Beard and Mustache Championships"
Composition and the desire of the viewer to want to be there/find out more are key to what I like to achieve in my images.
Technically, i'm also an "Award Winning" Photographer, having won the National Trust 2009 "Time Well Spent" photography competition, and featured double-page in the middle of the Sunday Times Magazine. Woo :-)
I can supply my photos as either prints or on canvas - all produced through quality professional printing companies. Please get in touch for prices. Some prints are only available as limited numbered+signed collections.
There is a collection of my Cows and Yorkshire Landscape photography currently on show at The Midnight Bell, Water Lane, Holbeck, Leeds (10 minutes wall from Leeds City Train Station). The venue is an amazing gastro-pub, featured in Chef Jamie Olivers' latest book and tv series about best of British food - serving amazing real-ales and stunning food, in a cosy modern environment.
Most of my photography is available to licence as stock. An increasing number of my images are exclusively licenced thru Getty Images, on any photo page you can request to licence the image through Getty, or licence from me directly.
All my photography is (c) Rick Harrison. Some of the older photos are still available as a creative commons non-commercial, attribution licence, but these days I don't release under creative commons as the vast majority of people seem unable to read the licence and/or follow it. Attribution means I must be credited, copyright should be stated with that credit and it should be relatively easy for a viewer to find me (ie please link to my flickr account or website). I also expect the credit to be next to the image - burying the credit at the bottom of the page or on a credits page is not acceptable.
Free/For Credit usage of my photos
If the usage truly is for non-commercial usage, and no-one in the process (designers, staff etc) are making any money, then I'm often more than willing to let my photos be used provided (a) you get in touch first and (b) I am sufficiently credited. For all other usages we can arrange a fee - i've got a mortgage to pay too.
Unauthorized Commercial Usage
If you use my photography without my or Getty Images permission you will receive an invoice and an angry letter. The invoice will be substantially higher than if you had licensed the image from me in advance. I regularly use a variety of technologies for tracking unauthorized use of my work, and it's increasingly easy to find offenders.
My other sites
My Portfolio - details on how to contact/hire me and obtain prints.
You can view my Photography Blog to see what i've been up to lately (and i also post the odd photography tips and tricks).
You can also Follow me on twitter.
- Tour de France in Yorkshire 2014 2,038 photos, 133 members
- Photos from Tokyo, Japan 327,367 photos, 23,208 members
- Kyoto / 京都 124,473 photos, 6,286 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 234 photos, 240 members
- Newcastle Upon Tyne group 7,847 photos, 1,047 members
- Whitley Bay 2,590 photos, 243 members
- Hiroshima 7,967 photos, 413 members
- Miyajima | 宮島 2,470 photos, 231 members
- Japan Images 651,584 photos, 15,617 members
- Temples,Shrines & Castles of Japan. ( + Deities) 日本 80,026 photos, 5,499 members
- Jaume Plensa sculptures 448 photos, 140 members
- Check In Check Off 83 photos, 4 members
- Derwentwater , Keswick 2,571 photos, 280 members
- Keswick 2,335 photos, 224 members
- Scotland, Naturally (NATURE ONLY) 17,940 photos, 814 members
- Starlings 3,627 photos, 572 members
- Movember UK 270 photos, 60 members
- Illuminating York 848 photos, 72 members
- Swillington Farm 13 photos, 4 members
- Photographers' Rights. 231 photos, 3,644 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Harrogate 109 photos, 40 members
- Cute Overload 3,838 photos, 763 members
- lambs and sheep 4,221 photos, 774 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Herriot Country 43 photos, 29 members
- BettaKultcha 107 photos, 5 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: York 452 photos, 76 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: East Yorkshire 329 photos, 80 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Yorkshire Dales 496 photos, 162 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Wakefield 217 photos, 59 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Pennine Yorkshire 166 photos, 49 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Leeds 205 photos, 77 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: The Yorkshire Coast 741 photos, 181 members
- Slaithwaite,West Yorkshire 723 photos, 43 members
- Dewsbury & District 1,250 photos, 44 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 31,629 photos, 2,311 members
- Leeds Civic Trust 4,207 photos, 90 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,392 photos, 22,371 members
- The Northerner 1,308 photos, 117 members
- Guardian Green shoots 31,789 photos, 1,511 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 181,510 photos, 13,977 members
- Leeds Digital Festival 19 photos, 9 members
- Leeds Strobist 1,403 photos, 213 members
- Light Night Leeds 558 photos, 102 members
- VisitEngland 9,552 photos, 482 members
- barbara hepworth 892 photos, 146 members
- National Trust Outdoors 17,206 photos, 1,179 members
- Manchester, UK 188,379 photos, 6,415 members
- Manchester Evening News pictures 30,532 photos, 884 members
- Bingley 1,559 photos, 80 members
- St Ives and Carbis Bay 8,370 photos, 631 members
"Rick's a good guy. He always gives considerate constructive feedback! Oh his photographs are wonderfully creative as well. Keep it up mate!"
May 12th, 2007
"If you're a hack like me...you'll immediately recognize that tricky's a talent...an not some wanna-be! Put him in your feedreader, chump! Keep up the great work tricky!"
January 29th, 2007
"In March 2005 I joined Flickr and one of the first photos that really blew me away was one of Rick's night shots of Leeds. Since then it's rare if I don't think "wow" when seeing at least one photo out of each new set that appears. A consistent high standard that I envy. Inspirational and original, one of Flickr's true gems."
January 28th, 2007
"I like Tricky's photos that has a lot artistry and plentifulin traces in his image of life. 總令人擁有許多的驚喜 ^^"
August 4th, 2006
"Rick's images are a real good treat for the eyes!
They ooze fun and inspiration and it's great to see he's making damn good use of his newly acquired Canon big stuff!!
Thanks for sharing with us mate :)"
June 12th, 2006
- Rick Harrison
- February 2005
- Leeds, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Freelance Photographer + Web Developer