Hello! I'm Tricky, and i'm a Freelance Photographer, based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
I started out originally as a landscape photographer, something that i'm still quite passionate about, but commercially i'm working more in marketing, architecture, and documentary photography - you'll see that spilling into my stream occasionally - commission clients include Guinness, Leeds Council, Chetwood Architects/Sainsburys and UK-One Properties.
I love "quirky" events (the quirkier the better) - i've even travelled all the way to alaska just for the "World Beard and Mustache Championships"
Composition and the desire of the viewer to want to be there/find out more are key to what I like to achieve in my images.
Technically, i'm also an "Award Winning" Photographer, having won the National Trust 2009 "Time Well Spent" photography competition, and featured double-page in the middle of the Sunday Times Magazine. Woo :-)
I can supply my photos as either prints or on canvas - all produced through quality professional printing companies. Please get in touch for prices. Some prints are only available as limited numbered+signed collections.
There is a collection of my Cows and Yorkshire Landscape photography currently on show at The Midnight Bell, Water Lane, Holbeck, Leeds (10 minutes wall from Leeds City Train Station). The venue is an amazing gastro-pub, featured in Chef Jamie Olivers' latest book and tv series about best of British food - serving amazing real-ales and stunning food, in a cosy modern environment.
Most of my photography is available to licence as stock. An increasing number of my images are exclusively licenced thru Getty Images, on any photo page you can request to licence the image through Getty, or licence from me directly.
All my photography is (c) Rick Harrison. Some of the older photos are still available as a creative commons non-commercial, attribution licence, but these days I don't release under creative commons as the vast majority of people seem unable to read the licence and/or follow it. Attribution means I must be credited, copyright should be stated with that credit and it should be relatively easy for a viewer to find me (ie please link to my flickr account or website). I also expect the credit to be next to the image - burying the credit at the bottom of the page or on a credits page is not acceptable.
Free/For Credit usage of my photos
If the usage truly is for non-commercial usage, and no-one in the process (designers, staff etc) are making any money, then I'm often more than willing to let my photos be used provided (a) you get in touch first and (b) I am sufficiently credited. For all other usages we can arrange a fee - i've got a mortgage to pay too.
Unauthorized Commercial Usage
If you use my photography without my or Getty Images permission you will receive an invoice and an angry letter. The invoice will be substantially higher than if you had licensed the image from me in advance. I regularly use a variety of technologies for tracking unauthorized use of my work, and it's increasingly easy to find offenders.
My other sites
My Portfolio - details on how to contact/hire me and obtain prints.
You can view my Photography Blog to see what i've been up to lately (and i also post the odd photography tips and tricks).
You can also Follow me on twitter.
- Tour de France in Yorkshire 2014 2,081 photos, 127 members
- Photos from Tokyo, Japan 313,375 photos, 21,798 members
- Kyoto / 京都 117,686 photos, 6,053 members
- Be My Flickr Valentine 235 photos, 242 members
- Newcastle Upon Tyne group 7,682 photos, 1,011 members
- Whitley Bay 2,429 photos, 234 members
- Hiroshima 7,655 photos, 403 members
- Miyajima | 宮島 2,424 photos, 225 members
- Japan Images 614,795 photos, 14,799 members
- Temples,Shrines & Castles of Japan. ( + Deities) 日本 76,137 photos, 5,309 members
- Jaume Plensa sculptures 440 photos, 139 members
- Check In Check Off 83 photos, 3 members
- Derwentwater , Keswick 2,503 photos, 265 members
- Keswick 2,435 photos, 217 members
- Scotland, Naturally (NATURE ONLY) 15,609 photos, 729 members
- Starlings 3,417 photos, 552 members
- Movember UK 270 photos, 60 members
- Illuminating York 850 photos, 72 members
- Swillington Farm 13 photos, 4 members
- Photographers' Rights. 234 photos, 3,638 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Harrogate 109 photos, 40 members
- Cute Overload 3,638 photos, 735 members
- lambs and sheep 3,973 photos, 724 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Herriot Country 43 photos, 29 members
- BettaKultcha 107 photos, 5 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: York 453 photos, 75 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: East Yorkshire 330 photos, 77 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Yorkshire Dales 508 photos, 160 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Wakefield 222 photos, 56 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Pennine Yorkshire 166 photos, 47 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Leeds 205 photos, 75 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: The Yorkshire Coast 744 photos, 166 members
- Slaithwaite,West Yorkshire 715 photos, 42 members
- Dewsbury & District 1,249 photos, 43 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 30,695 photos, 2,304 members
- Leeds Civic Trust 4,163 photos, 88 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,485 photos, 22,508 members
- The Northerner 1,331 photos, 119 members
- Guardian Green shoots 29,286 photos, 1,501 members
- BBC Autumnwatch (Official) 182,802 photos, 13,920 members
- Leeds Digital Festival 19 photos, 9 members
- Leeds Strobist 1,394 photos, 214 members
- Light Night Leeds 554 photos, 100 members
- VisitEngland 9,575 photos, 481 members
- barbara hepworth 879 photos, 140 members
- National Trust Outdoors 15,771 photos, 1,154 members
- Manchester, UK 182,851 photos, 6,339 members
- Manchester Evening News pictures 29,867 photos, 878 members
- Bingley 1,505 photos, 81 members
- St Ives and Carbis Bay 8,108 photos, 626 members
"Rick's a good guy. He always gives considerate constructive feedback! Oh his photographs are wonderfully creative as well. Keep it up mate!"
May 12th, 2007
"If you're a hack like me...you'll immediately recognize that tricky's a talent...an not some wanna-be! Put him in your feedreader, chump! Keep up the great work tricky!"
January 29th, 2007
"In March 2005 I joined Flickr and one of the first photos that really blew me away was one of Rick's night shots of Leeds. Since then it's rare if I don't think "wow" when seeing at least one photo out of each new set that appears. A consistent high standard that I envy. Inspirational and original, one of Flickr's true gems."
January 28th, 2007
"I like Tricky's photos that has a lot artistry and plentifulin traces in his image of life. 總令人擁有許多的驚喜 ^^"
August 4th, 2006
"Rick's images are a real good treat for the eyes!
They ooze fun and inspiration and it's great to see he's making damn good use of his newly acquired Canon big stuff!!
Thanks for sharing with us mate :)"
June 12th, 2006
- Rick Harrison
- February 2005
- Leeds, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Freelance Photographer + Web Developer