Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 19,594 photos, 585 members
- Canadian Rockies 46,143 photos, 2,796 members
- Landscape photography 2,200,087 photos, 90,551 members
- Nikon D800/E, D810 & D850 Users Group 662,822 photos, 16,702 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,694 photos, 127 members
- New Zealand Geographic 105,637 photos, 4,049 members
- Middle Earth 12,054 photos, 925 members
- Landscape 1,060,889 photos, 101,699 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 103,356 photos, 4,580 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 26,961 photos, 481 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 32,302 photos, 1,028 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 7,522 photos, 378 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 18,906 photos, 577 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 188 photos, 153 members
- STONKING PHOTO 492 photos, 107 members
- *Animal Photography* 928,689 photos, 32,685 members
- Nature Photography 3,261,716 photos, 84,623 members
- Long Exposure 871,027 photos, 69,332 members
- Abstract Photos 124,950 photos, 19,379 members
- Night Images 1,185,187 photos, 164,800 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 50,803 photos, 993 members
- Artistic Photography 4,963,419 photos, 136,182 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,244 photos, 7,440 members
- Waterfalls 197,824 photos, 22,624 members
- Sky 326,776 photos, 16,326 members
- New Zealand 180,857 photos, 4,731 members
- Black and White 6,836,035 photos, 357,504 members
- Less Is More... 61,508 photos, 60,489 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 2,339 photos, 98 members
- Mountains 347,896 photos, 17,403 members
- Wildlife Photography 1,166,169 photos, 23,904 members
- Green is Beautiful 801,255 photos, 91,266 members
- Hiking 150,544 photos, 6,398 members
- Aotearoa Skies 6,328 photos, 262 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 18,541 photos, 452 members
- Beautiful Light 1,883,235 photos, 68,182 members
- Nature 4,095,354 photos, 112,086 members
- * Vanishing Points * 221,952 photos, 43,683 members
- Whatever the weather 1,039,138 photos, 54,376 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 5,115 photos, 485 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 3,289 photos, 163 members
- New Zealand Black and White 7,107 photos, 353 members
- Reflections 741,656 photos, 56,648 members
- Beach Photography 624,131 photos, 76,967 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,165,817 photos, 128,805 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 589,345 photos, 41,807 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,551,674 photos, 65,114 members
- New Zealand, South Island 20,686 photos, 311 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 209,233 photos, 7,741 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com