Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 11,613 photos, 391 members
- Canadian Rockies 34,869 photos, 2,299 members
- Landscape photography 1,026,807 photos, 50,777 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 398,930 photos, 14,312 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,619 photos, 136 members
- New Zealand Geographic 76,834 photos, 3,381 members
- Middle Earth 10,156 photos, 893 members
- Landscape 927,504 photos, 90,802 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 68,788 photos, 3,434 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 17,931 photos, 465 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 30,301 photos, 1,026 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 6,754 photos, 324 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 19,210 photos, 562 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 198 photos, 158 members
- STONKING PHOTO 491 photos, 108 members
- *Animal Photography* 614,237 photos, 26,764 members
- Nature Photography 1,540,972 photos, 50,800 members
- Long Exposure 715,193 photos, 61,465 members
- Abstract Photos 119,060 photos, 19,051 members
- Night Images 1,069,992 photos, 143,644 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 33,143 photos, 846 members
- Artistic Photography 3,175,702 photos, 101,586 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,966 photos, 7,546 members
- Waterfalls 149,622 photos, 18,683 members
- Sky 247,279 photos, 14,497 members
- New Zealand 140,931 photos, 4,309 members
- Black and White 6,645,324 photos, 327,190 members
- Less Is More... 48,766 photos, 47,911 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 985 photos, 88 members
- Mountains 218,428 photos, 12,668 members
- Wildlife Photography 664,882 photos, 17,793 members
- Green is Beautiful 735,321 photos, 79,049 members
- Hiking 106,798 photos, 5,269 members
- Aotearoa Skies 5,737 photos, 251 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 18,321 photos, 440 members
- Beautiful Light 1,076,676 photos, 45,233 members
- Nature 2,167,050 photos, 74,325 members
- * Vanishing Points * 184,208 photos, 37,470 members
- Whatever the weather 617,306 photos, 40,698 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 4,005 photos, 459 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,150 photos, 146 members
- New Zealand Black and White 5,441 photos, 331 members
- Reflections 617,717 photos, 50,653 members
- Beach Photography 512,515 photos, 67,336 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 903,798 photos, 114,763 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 523,658 photos, 34,452 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,152,984 photos, 55,126 members
- New Zealand, South Island 14,012 photos, 267 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 171,514 photos, 7,126 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com