Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 14,588 photos, 473 members
- Canadian Rockies 38,786 photos, 2,485 members
- Landscape photography 1,447,113 photos, 69,112 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 500,680 photos, 15,334 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,636 photos, 135 members
- New Zealand Geographic 88,559 photos, 3,692 members
- Middle Earth 10,232 photos, 912 members
- Landscape 1,000,666 photos, 97,415 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 82,266 photos, 3,934 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 21,153 photos, 475 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 31,077 photos, 1,037 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 7,863 photos, 347 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 19,669 photos, 573 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 189 photos, 155 members
- STONKING PHOTO 484 photos, 108 members
- *Animal Photography* 726,014 photos, 29,414 members
- Nature Photography 2,137,622 photos, 67,276 members
- Long Exposure 778,039 photos, 64,531 members
- Abstract Photos 121,060 photos, 19,201 members
- Night Images 1,132,784 photos, 154,201 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 40,426 photos, 900 members
- Artistic Photography 3,919,826 photos, 118,002 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,505 photos, 7,534 members
- Waterfalls 167,432 photos, 20,394 members
- Sky 277,760 photos, 15,352 members
- New Zealand 157,743 photos, 4,480 members
- Black and White 6,870,990 photos, 345,576 members
- Less Is More... 48,033 photos, 55,128 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 1,030 photos, 94 members
- Mountains 262,846 photos, 14,560 members
- Wildlife Photography 826,984 photos, 20,044 members
- Green is Beautiful 769,928 photos, 85,839 members
- Hiking 121,307 photos, 5,713 members
- Aotearoa Skies 6,020 photos, 254 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 19,127 photos, 451 members
- Beautiful Light 1,390,474 photos, 57,184 members
- Nature 2,858,302 photos, 92,590 members
- * Vanishing Points * 201,839 photos, 41,628 members
- Whatever the weather 815,606 photos, 47,500 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 4,927 photos, 477 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,775 photos, 157 members
- New Zealand Black and White 6,059 photos, 343 members
- Reflections 659,617 photos, 53,214 members
- Beach Photography 556,951 photos, 70,889 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,009,588 photos, 119,966 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 562,367 photos, 37,476 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,295,353 photos, 58,230 members
- New Zealand, South Island 16,980 photos, 282 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 186,466 photos, 7,392 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com