Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 13,041 photos, 438 members
- Canadian Rockies 37,125 photos, 2,406 members
- Landscape photography 1,240,264 photos, 61,331 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 451,289 photos, 14,929 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,572 photos, 135 members
- New Zealand Geographic 82,704 photos, 3,564 members
- Middle Earth 10,258 photos, 906 members
- Landscape 966,312 photos, 95,152 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 75,864 photos, 3,678 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 19,445 photos, 468 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 30,667 photos, 1,031 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 7,203 photos, 334 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 19,688 photos, 567 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 189 photos, 155 members
- STONKING PHOTO 490 photos, 108 members
- *Animal Photography* 666,500 photos, 28,257 members
- Nature Photography 1,825,507 photos, 59,918 members
- Long Exposure 755,221 photos, 63,342 members
- Abstract Photos 120,049 photos, 19,183 members
- Night Images 1,114,265 photos, 150,233 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 36,662 photos, 868 members
- Artistic Photography 3,549,419 photos, 111,078 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,096 photos, 7,539 members
- Waterfalls 159,022 photos, 19,561 members
- Sky 262,700 photos, 14,998 members
- New Zealand 150,617 photos, 4,415 members
- Black and White 6,859,442 photos, 338,669 members
- Less Is More... 45,624 photos, 52,009 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 1,001 photos, 92 members
- Mountains 242,376 photos, 13,780 members
- Wildlife Photography 739,354 photos, 18,959 members
- Green is Beautiful 751,416 photos, 82,759 members
- Hiking 113,915 photos, 5,488 members
- Aotearoa Skies 5,849 photos, 252 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 18,645 photos, 446 members
- Beautiful Light 1,242,912 photos, 52,134 members
- Nature 2,492,728 photos, 84,356 members
- * Vanishing Points * 192,988 photos, 39,868 members
- Whatever the weather 716,439 photos, 44,571 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 4,371 photos, 469 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,385 photos, 153 members
- New Zealand Black and White 5,674 photos, 337 members
- Reflections 640,540 photos, 52,177 members
- Beach Photography 534,620 photos, 69,254 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 959,359 photos, 117,733 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 543,607 photos, 36,280 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,227,628 photos, 56,840 members
- New Zealand, South Island 15,239 photos, 277 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 178,765 photos, 7,267 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com