Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 12,398 photos, 417 members
- Canadian Rockies 36,381 photos, 2,375 members
- Landscape photography 1,142,556 photos, 56,681 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 428,666 photos, 14,659 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,578 photos, 135 members
- New Zealand Geographic 79,843 photos, 3,467 members
- Middle Earth 10,227 photos, 899 members
- Landscape 947,801 photos, 93,399 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 73,179 photos, 3,564 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 18,786 photos, 466 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 30,509 photos, 1,030 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 7,043 photos, 331 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 19,711 photos, 567 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 196 photos, 155 members
- STONKING PHOTO 491 photos, 108 members
- *Animal Photography* 641,599 photos, 27,590 members
- Nature Photography 1,699,663 photos, 56,024 members
- Long Exposure 737,088 photos, 62,466 members
- Abstract Photos 119,473 photos, 19,067 members
- Night Images 1,094,333 photos, 147,337 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 34,849 photos, 857 members
- Artistic Photography 3,378,529 photos, 106,918 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,036 photos, 7,541 members
- Waterfalls 155,032 photos, 19,200 members
- Sky 255,242 photos, 14,763 members
- New Zealand 144,895 photos, 4,357 members
- Black and White 6,771,109 photos, 333,531 members
- Less Is More... 43,401 photos, 50,053 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 984 photos, 90 members
- Mountains 231,994 photos, 13,260 members
- Wildlife Photography 704,200 photos, 18,375 members
- Green is Beautiful 744,996 photos, 81,170 members
- Hiking 111,018 photos, 5,391 members
- Aotearoa Skies 5,801 photos, 254 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 18,493 photos, 442 members
- Beautiful Light 1,164,921 photos, 49,151 members
- Nature 2,351,888 photos, 80,075 members
- * Vanishing Points * 189,112 photos, 38,798 members
- Whatever the weather 669,227 photos, 42,877 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 4,164 photos, 462 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,263 photos, 149 members
- New Zealand Black and White 5,618 photos, 335 members
- Reflections 632,241 photos, 51,480 members
- Beach Photography 524,432 photos, 68,366 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 934,855 photos, 116,453 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 534,752 photos, 35,482 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,195,440 photos, 56,109 members
- New Zealand, South Island 14,632 photos, 272 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 175,236 photos, 7,188 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com