Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 15,982 photos, 508 members
- Canadian Rockies 40,726 photos, 2,598 members
- Landscape photography 1,689,313 photos, 76,322 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 550,654 photos, 15,695 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,702 photos, 136 members
- New Zealand Geographic 94,040 photos, 3,786 members
- Middle Earth 10,971 photos, 918 members
- Landscape 1,036,855 photos, 100,685 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 90,227 photos, 4,159 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 23,021 photos, 475 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 31,588 photos, 1,038 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 8,183 photos, 351 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 18,943 photos, 570 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 189 photos, 155 members
- STONKING PHOTO 484 photos, 107 members
- *Animal Photography* 785,851 photos, 30,513 members
- Nature Photography 2,471,155 photos, 72,874 members
- Long Exposure 812,183 photos, 66,027 members
- Abstract Photos 121,824 photos, 19,259 members
- Night Images 1,154,909 photos, 160,158 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 43,751 photos, 919 members
- Artistic Photography 4,287,201 photos, 124,019 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,228 photos, 7,509 members
- Waterfalls 176,618 photos, 21,211 members
- Sky 294,724 photos, 15,721 members
- New Zealand 164,310 photos, 4,553 members
- Black and White 6,860,099 photos, 351,513 members
- Less Is More... 53,247 photos, 57,163 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 1,052 photos, 97 members
- Mountains 289,682 photos, 15,527 members
- Wildlife Photography 916,813 photos, 21,203 members
- Green is Beautiful 786,549 photos, 87,975 members
- Hiking 129,700 photos, 5,953 members
- Aotearoa Skies 6,129 photos, 260 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 19,621 photos, 453 members
- Beautiful Light 1,563,175 photos, 61,230 members
- Nature 3,239,807 photos, 99,045 members
- * Vanishing Points * 208,699 photos, 42,206 members
- Whatever the weather 923,969 photos, 50,719 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 5,100 photos, 485 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,962 photos, 162 members
- New Zealand Black and White 6,414 photos, 346 members
- Reflections 688,183 photos, 54,486 members
- Beach Photography 581,406 photos, 72,743 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,067,480 photos, 122,944 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 583,313 photos, 39,120 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,377,370 photos, 60,227 members
- New Zealand, South Island 18,271 photos, 291 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 193,307 photos, 7,505 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com