Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 15,348 photos, 486 members
- Canadian Rockies 39,947 photos, 2,546 members
- Landscape photography 1,567,847 photos, 72,529 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 526,538 photos, 15,519 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,683 photos, 136 members
- New Zealand Geographic 91,289 photos, 3,726 members
- Middle Earth 10,607 photos, 913 members
- Landscape 1,019,973 photos, 100,020 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 86,637 photos, 4,059 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 22,231 photos, 474 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 31,367 photos, 1,036 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 8,086 photos, 350 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 18,998 photos, 569 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 189 photos, 155 members
- STONKING PHOTO 484 photos, 108 members
- *Animal Photography* 756,308 photos, 29,945 members
- Nature Photography 2,308,310 photos, 70,122 members
- Long Exposure 794,817 photos, 65,108 members
- Abstract Photos 121,459 photos, 19,234 members
- Night Images 1,134,344 photos, 158,729 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 42,166 photos, 906 members
- Artistic Photography 4,104,777 photos, 121,036 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,790 photos, 7,522 members
- Waterfalls 172,021 photos, 20,874 members
- Sky 286,216 photos, 15,541 members
- New Zealand 161,310 photos, 4,513 members
- Black and White 6,877,989 photos, 349,313 members
- Less Is More... 50,409 photos, 56,105 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 1,035 photos, 95 members
- Mountains 276,480 photos, 15,071 members
- Wildlife Photography 871,739 photos, 20,610 members
- Green is Beautiful 779,314 photos, 87,152 members
- Hiking 125,459 photos, 5,868 members
- Aotearoa Skies 6,089 photos, 256 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 19,446 photos, 451 members
- Beautiful Light 1,479,164 photos, 59,241 members
- Nature 3,054,588 photos, 95,972 members
- * Vanishing Points * 205,549 photos, 42,073 members
- Whatever the weather 871,428 photos, 49,631 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 5,010 photos, 480 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,861 photos, 158 members
- New Zealand Black and White 6,270 photos, 345 members
- Reflections 672,722 photos, 53,775 members
- Beach Photography 570,027 photos, 71,823 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,038,456 photos, 121,229 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 572,760 photos, 38,157 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,336,618 photos, 59,084 members
- New Zealand, South Island 17,847 photos, 284 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 189,309 photos, 7,441 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com