Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- New Zealand Wild 14,889 photos, 477 members
- Canadian Rockies 39,217 photos, 2,505 members
- Landscape photography 1,496,028 photos, 70,690 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 511,748 photos, 15,412 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,667 photos, 135 members
- New Zealand Geographic 89,652 photos, 3,699 members
- Middle Earth 10,311 photos, 912 members
- Landscape 1,008,316 photos, 98,367 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 83,907 photos, 3,995 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 21,700 photos, 475 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 31,145 photos, 1,037 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 7,981 photos, 348 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 19,012 photos, 570 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 189 photos, 155 members
- STONKING PHOTO 484 photos, 108 members
- *Animal Photography* 738,366 photos, 29,646 members
- Nature Photography 2,208,665 photos, 68,594 members
- Long Exposure 784,463 photos, 64,736 members
- Abstract Photos 121,248 photos, 19,223 members
- Night Images 1,135,132 photos, 155,601 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 41,099 photos, 903 members
- Artistic Photography 3,993,077 photos, 119,328 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,524 photos, 7,534 members
- Waterfalls 169,287 photos, 20,576 members
- Sky 281,125 photos, 15,423 members
- New Zealand 159,365 photos, 4,492 members
- Black and White 6,873,999 photos, 347,000 members
- Less Is More... 48,184 photos, 55,622 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 1,031 photos, 94 members
- Mountains 268,120 photos, 14,779 members
- Wildlife Photography 845,667 photos, 20,271 members
- Green is Beautiful 773,829 photos, 86,448 members
- Hiking 122,925 photos, 5,774 members
- Aotearoa Skies 6,055 photos, 254 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 19,295 photos, 451 members
- Beautiful Light 1,424,550 photos, 58,095 members
- Nature 2,940,774 photos, 94,200 members
- * Vanishing Points * 203,385 photos, 41,877 members
- Whatever the weather 837,716 photos, 48,227 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 4,969 photos, 477 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 2,823 photos, 158 members
- New Zealand Black and White 6,112 photos, 342 members
- Reflections 664,110 photos, 53,421 members
- Beach Photography 562,816 photos, 71,293 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,021,176 photos, 120,469 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 566,380 photos, 37,745 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,312,242 photos, 58,558 members
- New Zealand, South Island 17,423 photos, 283 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 187,821 photos, 7,411 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
September 4th, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
May 22nd, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
October 15th, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
September 29th, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com