I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 1,207 photos, 252 members
- lovely existence 109,889 photos, 4,958 members
- Young Minds 157,407 photos, 4,766 members
- young and inspired 291,278 photos, 7,881 members
- I collect light . 657,191 photos, 18,231 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 399,208 photos, 9,214 members
- #Flickr12Days 84,009 photos, 8,482 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 2,688 photos, 95 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 84 photos, 22 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 53,581 photos, 8,502 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 96,371 photos, 7,230 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 26,697 photos, 1,095 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 65,358 photos, 292 members
- 365 or less 90,785 photos, 1,299 members
- 365 Days Project 785,866 photos, 13,075 members
- Self-Portraits! 504,090 photos, 46,912 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 133,013 photos, 8,730 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 478,690 photos, 12,827 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,823 photos, 6,420 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 86,226 photos, 2,356 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 826,326 photos, 33,975 members
- Teenage Photographers 883,184 photos, 34,803 members
- Photoshop Support Group 305,627 photos, 35,109 members
- Nature 3,055,600 photos, 95,990 members
- Amateurs 4,028,821 photos, 70,777 members
- Digital Photography School 468,481 photos, 20,156 members
- B&W 4,924,704 photos, 220,391 members
- New England 174,359 photos, 3,610 members
- Ambitious Photographers 263,076 photos, 6,135 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 1,052,167 photos, 18,895 members
- Photomanipulation 101,359 photos, 7,479 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 104,493 photos, 9,542 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 6,375 photos, 231 members
- Bristol, CT 443 photos, 34 members
- The Landscape Portrait 4,624 photos, 454 members
- Scanner Art 3,389 photos, 483 members
- * Surrealism . 9,868 photos, 606 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,403 photos, 707 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 6,122 photos, 1,690 members
- Scanography 2,433 photos, 402 members
- scannography 973 photos, 208 members
- Minolta SR - T 21,169 photos, 2,125 members
- Minolta SRT 18,281 photos, 1,549 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 789,308 photos, 28,147 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,121,934 photos, 42,485 members
- I Shoot Film 2,512,864 photos, 104,131 members
- Beach Photography 570,090 photos, 71,826 members
- Black and White 6,877,823 photos, 349,327 members
- Girl Photographers 954,303 photos, 38,120 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,547,609 photos, 59,444 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single