I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 930 photos, 236 members
- lovely existence 95,658 photos, 4,733 members
- Young Minds 130,787 photos, 4,414 members
- young and inspired 229,832 photos, 7,022 members
- I collect light . 549,567 photos, 17,146 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 337,298 photos, 8,727 members
- #Flickr12Days 85,570 photos, 8,062 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 1,785 photos, 82 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 77 photos, 22 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 50,023 photos, 8,540 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 69,316 photos, 6,415 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 23,769 photos, 1,077 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 66,704 photos, 302 members
- 365 or less 82,332 photos, 1,267 members
- 365 Days Project 707,853 photos, 12,265 members
- Self-Portraits! 494,396 photos, 46,277 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 122,835 photos, 8,662 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 408,545 photos, 12,141 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,901 photos, 6,572 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 54,914 photos, 1,915 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 784,503 photos, 33,362 members
- Teenage Photographers 856,502 photos, 34,430 members
- Photoshop Support Group 273,020 photos, 34,544 members
- Nature 2,242,352 photos, 76,870 members
- Amateurs 2,701,673 photos, 54,402 members
- Digital Photography School 379,071 photos, 19,145 members
- B&W 4,353,504 photos, 204,176 members
- New England 160,553 photos, 3,492 members
- Ambitious Photographers 208,472 photos, 5,665 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 703,157 photos, 14,244 members
- Photomanipulation 91,998 photos, 7,352 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 89,019 photos, 9,287 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 5,628 photos, 210 members
- Bristol, CT 402 photos, 31 members
- The Landscape Portrait 3,776 photos, 383 members
- Scanner Art 3,089 photos, 470 members
- * Surrealism . 8,189 photos, 557 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,127 photos, 695 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 5,411 photos, 1,685 members
- Scanography 2,149 photos, 380 members
- scannography 939 photos, 196 members
- Minolta SR - T 19,235 photos, 1,958 members
- Minolta SRT 16,755 photos, 1,407 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 798,998 photos, 28,282 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,910,882 photos, 40,277 members
- I Shoot Film 2,383,868 photos, 98,485 members
- Beach Photography 518,070 photos, 67,866 members
- Black and White 6,701,857 photos, 330,041 members
- Girl Photographers 909,101 photos, 37,053 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,456,163 photos, 57,670 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single