I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 1,243 photos, 254 members
- lovely existence 111,129 photos, 4,970 members
- Young Minds 159,961 photos, 4,793 members
- young and inspired 296,795 photos, 7,948 members
- I collect light . 667,331 photos, 18,347 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 407,487 photos, 9,273 members
- #Flickr12Days 83,943 photos, 8,510 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 2,742 photos, 95 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 84 photos, 22 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 53,850 photos, 8,497 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 98,987 photos, 7,301 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 26,533 photos, 1,089 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 65,190 photos, 287 members
- 365 or less 91,571 photos, 1,298 members
- 365 Days Project 793,607 photos, 13,113 members
- Self-Portraits! 505,222 photos, 46,936 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 132,553 photos, 8,726 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 485,963 photos, 12,884 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,813 photos, 6,398 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 89,074 photos, 2,403 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 829,194 photos, 34,026 members
- Teenage Photographers 884,902 photos, 34,832 members
- Photoshop Support Group 309,133 photos, 35,221 members
- Nature 3,148,363 photos, 97,466 members
- Amateurs 4,168,326 photos, 72,006 members
- Digital Photography School 479,493 photos, 20,267 members
- B&W 4,974,144 photos, 221,445 members
- New England 175,857 photos, 3,620 members
- Ambitious Photographers 269,076 photos, 6,180 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 1,095,301 photos, 19,494 members
- Photomanipulation 102,411 photos, 7,489 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 106,562 photos, 9,563 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 6,463 photos, 235 members
- Bristol, CT 446 photos, 34 members
- The Landscape Portrait 4,772 photos, 457 members
- Scanner Art 3,425 photos, 484 members
- * Surrealism . 10,051 photos, 610 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,405 photos, 709 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 6,153 photos, 1,688 members
- Scanography 2,487 photos, 403 members
- scannography 978 photos, 212 members
- Minolta SR - T 21,340 photos, 2,145 members
- Minolta SRT 18,376 photos, 1,569 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 788,415 photos, 28,117 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,141,436 photos, 42,719 members
- I Shoot Film 2,525,722 photos, 104,590 members
- Beach Photography 575,652 photos, 72,226 members
- Black and White 6,876,958 photos, 350,415 members
- Girl Photographers 957,569 photos, 38,212 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,555,700 photos, 59,569 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single