I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 978 photos, 239 members
- lovely existence 97,556 photos, 4,771 members
- Young Minds 136,362 photos, 4,480 members
- young and inspired 239,372 photos, 7,165 members
- I collect light . 564,343 photos, 17,326 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 346,671 photos, 8,796 members
- #Flickr12Days 85,069 photos, 8,121 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 1,905 photos, 82 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 80 photos, 22 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 50,591 photos, 8,537 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 73,073 photos, 6,584 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 24,142 photos, 1,080 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 66,568 photos, 302 members
- 365 or less 83,781 photos, 1,273 members
- 365 Days Project 718,543 photos, 12,358 members
- Self-Portraits! 496,025 photos, 46,405 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 124,449 photos, 8,668 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 417,164 photos, 12,256 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,894 photos, 6,550 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 59,382 photos, 1,992 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 791,829 photos, 33,493 members
- Teenage Photographers 861,290 photos, 34,529 members
- Photoshop Support Group 277,709 photos, 34,614 members
- Nature 2,349,701 photos, 80,022 members
- Amateurs 2,876,646 photos, 57,138 members
- Digital Photography School 390,839 photos, 19,297 members
- B&W 4,431,585 photos, 206,977 members
- New England 162,661 photos, 3,510 members
- Ambitious Photographers 215,428 photos, 5,722 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 742,296 photos, 14,849 members
- Photomanipulation 92,585 photos, 7,370 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 90,587 photos, 9,326 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 5,700 photos, 213 members
- Bristol, CT 405 photos, 32 members
- The Landscape Portrait 3,832 photos, 388 members
- Scanner Art 3,162 photos, 474 members
- * Surrealism . 8,458 photos, 563 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,221 photos, 700 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 5,449 photos, 1,689 members
- Scanography 2,173 photos, 385 members
- scannography 943 photos, 198 members
- Minolta SR - T 19,577 photos, 1,982 members
- Minolta SRT 17,005 photos, 1,428 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 797,394 photos, 28,261 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,939,391 photos, 40,594 members
- I Shoot Film 2,403,556 photos, 99,421 members
- Beach Photography 524,259 photos, 68,355 members
- Black and White 6,770,105 photos, 333,467 members
- Girl Photographers 915,796 photos, 37,217 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,470,908 photos, 58,016 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single