I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 868 photos, 233 members
- lovely existence 94,695 photos, 4,704 members
- Young Minds 125,562 photos, 4,359 members
- young and inspired 221,629 photos, 6,873 members
- I collect light . 539,921 photos, 16,986 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 336,953 photos, 8,655 members
- #Flickr12Days 85,779 photos, 7,997 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 1,668 photos, 79 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 76 photos, 22 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 49,644 photos, 8,549 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 65,873 photos, 6,305 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 23,562 photos, 1,077 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 66,667 photos, 302 members
- 365 or less 82,401 photos, 1,266 members
- 365 Days Project 700,600 photos, 12,177 members
- Self-Portraits! 493,270 photos, 46,193 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 121,318 photos, 8,644 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 401,894 photos, 12,059 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,910 photos, 6,583 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 51,692 photos, 1,858 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 778,410 photos, 33,227 members
- Teenage Photographers 851,880 photos, 34,336 members
- Photoshop Support Group 269,359 photos, 34,457 members
- Nature 2,163,596 photos, 74,163 members
- Amateurs 2,565,970 photos, 51,990 members
- Digital Photography School 369,044 photos, 19,018 members
- B&W 4,288,962 photos, 201,657 members
- New England 158,820 photos, 3,469 members
- Ambitious Photographers 202,891 photos, 5,621 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 672,362 photos, 13,762 members
- Photomanipulation 90,801 photos, 7,337 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 87,743 photos, 9,264 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 5,548 photos, 204 members
- Bristol, CT 402 photos, 30 members
- The Landscape Portrait 3,726 photos, 379 members
- Scanner Art 3,080 photos, 466 members
- * Surrealism . 8,306 photos, 551 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,115 photos, 692 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 5,400 photos, 1,682 members
- Scanography 2,114 photos, 378 members
- scannography 937 photos, 195 members
- Minolta SR - T 18,983 photos, 1,941 members
- Minolta SRT 16,535 photos, 1,387 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 801,004 photos, 28,300 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,888,691 photos, 40,013 members
- I Shoot Film 2,370,524 photos, 97,798 members
- Beach Photography 512,192 photos, 67,302 members
- Black and White 6,643,222 photos, 327,029 members
- Girl Photographers 903,994 photos, 36,892 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,445,652 photos, 57,376 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single