I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 1,148 photos, 251 members
- lovely existence 106,655 photos, 4,920 members
- Young Minds 153,793 photos, 4,718 members
- young and inspired 279,710 photos, 7,763 members
- I collect light . 634,176 photos, 18,033 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 385,895 photos, 9,105 members
- #Flickr12Days 84,894 photos, 8,408 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 2,517 photos, 93 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 81 photos, 23 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 52,853 photos, 8,516 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 90,773 photos, 7,099 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 26,198 photos, 1,092 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 65,442 photos, 292 members
- 365 or less 89,193 photos, 1,302 members
- 365 Days Project 773,079 photos, 12,997 members
- Self-Portraits! 501,787 photos, 46,832 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 132,255 photos, 8,710 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 462,753 photos, 12,692 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,840 photos, 6,449 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 80,291 photos, 2,289 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 820,667 photos, 33,859 members
- Teenage Photographers 879,509 photos, 34,758 members
- Photoshop Support Group 299,029 photos, 35,016 members
- Nature 2,872,152 photos, 92,877 members
- Amateurs 3,744,257 photos, 68,188 members
- Digital Photography School 449,157 photos, 19,957 members
- B&W 4,817,545 photos, 218,042 members
- New England 171,224 photos, 3,582 members
- Ambitious Photographers 251,120 photos, 6,027 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 976,767 photos, 17,926 members
- Photomanipulation 99,488 photos, 7,467 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 100,965 photos, 9,483 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 6,214 photos, 227 members
- Bristol, CT 439 photos, 34 members
- The Landscape Portrait 4,384 photos, 441 members
- Scanner Art 3,339 photos, 485 members
- * Surrealism . 9,505 photos, 593 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,304 photos, 708 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 5,948 photos, 1,690 members
- Scanography 2,248 photos, 395 members
- scannography 955 photos, 204 members
- Minolta SR - T 20,849 photos, 2,089 members
- Minolta SRT 18,077 photos, 1,521 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 791,002 photos, 28,182 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,078,147 photos, 42,070 members
- I Shoot Film 2,488,341 photos, 103,318 members
- Beach Photography 558,601 photos, 70,969 members
- Black and White 6,872,854 photos, 345,768 members
- Girl Photographers 945,795 photos, 37,899 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,530,060 photos, 59,199 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single