I'm Sophia, and photography is my voice and my life.
My interest in photography began with self portraits, during my first 365. Creative portraiture has capivated me ever since. It tells a story, factual or fictitious, and can provoke emotions and thoughts. It's my favorite, and is often what you'll find on my stream.
Flickrmail me anytime!
"Like" me on Facebook!
Follow me on Tumblr!
- Quiescent Magazine 1,169 photos, 251 members
- lovely existence 107,815 photos, 4,934 members
- Young Minds 153,863 photos, 4,732 members
- young and inspired 283,386 photos, 7,791 members
- I collect light . 641,388 photos, 18,102 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 390,536 photos, 9,132 members
- #Flickr12Days 84,702 photos, 8,429 members
- Cinema, Radio, TV, Books & Art. 2,570 photos, 94 members
- Operation Flickr Revival 81 photos, 23 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 53,069 photos, 8,516 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 92,612 photos, 7,141 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 26,407 photos, 1,093 members
- 365: The 2013 Edition 65,434 photos, 292 members
- 365 or less 89,850 photos, 1,301 members
- 365 Days Project 777,117 photos, 13,029 members
- Self-Portraits! 502,467 photos, 46,866 members
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (PSE) 132,787 photos, 8,714 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 467,635 photos, 12,730 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,834 photos, 6,442 members
- Creative Photography Inspirations 82,154 photos, 2,306 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 822,161 photos, 33,888 members
- Teenage Photographers 880,439 photos, 34,774 members
- Photoshop Support Group 301,253 photos, 35,048 members
- Nature 2,933,906 photos, 94,086 members
- Amateurs 3,838,774 photos, 69,143 members
- Digital Photography School 454,903 photos, 20,017 members
- B&W 4,850,740 photos, 218,932 members
- New England 172,132 photos, 3,594 members
- Ambitious Photographers 254,797 photos, 6,057 members
- ! ART & PHOTOGRAPHY ! No rules, No comments, Just Post 999,586 photos, 18,223 members
- Photomanipulation 100,038 photos, 7,468 members
- PHOTOSHOP is not a DIRTY WORD (Post 1 - comment 1) 102,176 photos, 9,503 members
- Connecticut Wildlife 6,243 photos, 228 members
- Bristol, CT 442 photos, 34 members
- The Landscape Portrait 4,390 photos, 442 members
- Scanner Art 3,349 photos, 486 members
- * Surrealism . 9,615 photos, 598 members
- Scanning as a fine art 4,351 photos, 707 members
- scanned objects - images using a scanner 6,019 photos, 1,691 members
- Scanography 2,339 photos, 397 members
- scannography 961 photos, 205 members
- Minolta SR - T 20,974 photos, 2,100 members
- Minolta SRT 18,176 photos, 1,535 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 790,490 photos, 28,189 members
- Film is not Dead!! 2,092,824 photos, 42,192 members
- I Shoot Film 2,494,852 photos, 103,599 members
- Beach Photography 562,345 photos, 71,255 members
- Black and White 6,872,199 photos, 346,806 members
- Girl Photographers 948,302 photos, 37,968 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,536,053 photos, 59,300 members
the air we breathe. says:
I have watched this beauty grow from searching to strong and confident in a matter of a couple of years, both as a photographer, and as a person.
This girl is talented beyond belief. Incredible. She is always thinking and generating ideas, and this constant thought process spills over brilliantly into her work; both writing and photography. She has such a unique style and approach to her photos. Her concepts are genius and so is her execution. Although Sophia can pull a concept together with little to no editing, she is also very skilled with processing and can beautifully transform a photograph in Photoshop to fit her perfect vision. Sophia is diverse, excelling in many different fields of photography. She shoots wonderful portraits, landscapes, nature shots, travel photos, and conceptual fine art. This girl just knows her way around a camera. She takes the time to continuously learn more and more about her avocation, and can even flawlessly operate a film camera.
Sophia has such a talent, and a passion, for photography. It really shows.
Sophia is also one the best people I know. She is my best friend and the strongest, most selfless person I've had the privilege to "meet." She has carried me through so much. She has always been there, even when I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve her. No one does, really. But this girl is so caring and wonderful. She deserves the world.
I love you abbyu."
May 27th, 2013
Morgan Mae. says:
"I can't believe I haven't already done this.
My very first Flickr friend.
You're such an inspiration, artistically and otherwise. Without you, I doubt that I would still be doing the 365.
Through the months that I've known you (not technically... whatever) you've grown so much. Your photography has its own style now. I hope to continue to watch you grow throughout the rest of your 365.
You are beautiful and you make me happy and I want you to never ever give up. Keep being awesome, please."
January 1st, 2011
"Sophia's is really creative. I can't believe she's so young. I wish I would've started when I was her age.
I love the way she views and captures photos.
Don't worry about views, comments ect.
Keep it up, you've got a bright future in photography.
You truly inspire me."
July 19th, 2010
your photos are adorable
it's hard to tell you're so young
even tho your photo are so free and child-like
your 365 is so creative and soft
You certianly have a gift for photography (:
July 12th, 2010
- March 2010
- I am:
- Female and Single