ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. That means you need to talk to me about obtaining a license BEFORE using any of my photos posted on this site.
If you make unauthorized commercial use of my copyrighted images, you hereby agree to a licensing fee of €5000 (EUR) per image, per use.
And now, brief history:
Got my Canon Powershot S3 IS back in October (2006) and I was quite happy playing around with it a little bit, every now and then.
oh, later edit:
Just got my Nikon D90 back in April (2009) and I'm quite happy playing around with it big time. ;)
Here's a list of my 30 most interesting shots, according to Flickr's Magic Donkey interestingness algorythm. I've hit Explore tens of times times this far. Some of those shots stayed up for a while and some of them are still there as we speak. Others have long dropped out, but I don't mind.
Flickr Explore is just a game after all, and it's not my first aim, although I still love the appreciation (aren't we all looking for some, in the end?) that comes with it. However, the most important thing is to participate, to be there in the game. And what's more precious than that, is your feedback, your nice and fancy comments, and the way everyone contributes to the whole picture of this flickr thingie. I guess that's second to none!
--- later edit (2007): ---
A brief (?) history of time:
How did I get here anyway? Well first of all, I've started a blog on Yahoo 360. Everyone does that nowadays, so why would I do otherwise? :D By now, that blog is more or less outdated, and don't hurry, it's written mostly in Romanian, with only a few bits of English just every now and then. It's not *that* important that I should link it up here, but I'm sure one could hunt it down if they want to. :)
Where were we? Yeah, the blog thingie. Well, that's how it all has begun. On your Y360 main page you can display a link to your Yahoo photo albums and you can show off your most recent 6 shots uploaded to flickr. And that's how I've started checking out other people's photography in the beginning. Back in those days I was "shooting" with a Nokia cameraphone only. Even though some of those photos came out really nice, they wouldn't be nice enough to whitstand the harsh flickr competition. :)
I knew bits about photography since my early adolescence, when I used to have a small Russian cam, a Smena 8M, produced by Lomo. I was mostly pointing and shooting, exlusively in B&W, (colour materials were rare, of bad quality, and far more expensive back then, in old commie Romania) but it really helped a lot in learning "to see things", frame things, and pulling a shot that's nice, interesting, and pleasing to the eye.
Then, there were years I forgot about photography, or better said, I was not taking any shots. Nothing completely forgotten, as I had friends who were really into things, professional artists, or people studying to become pros. Some of them worked in digital media combined with visual arts, some even had their own groups and small advertising companies. And being there is how I've learnt some postprocessing, Photoshop and Corel, digital enhancement, tons of plugins, and all that comes with them.
Then, by the end of 1999, I've had my first digital camera, a small 1.3Mpx soapbox, I think it was an Olympus Camedia D-340R, a real great thing back in those days. And there I was, taking pictures again. And hell yeah, once again that was loads of fun, rediscovering photography as it's been always a hobby dear to my heart. Unfortunately mostif not all of those shots have been lost. The cam remained with my Ex, along with the CDs that held the results of some four years of shooting on them. (I still nourish some hope that some day I'll get some copies at least...)
Then, after a few years more, by the beginning of 2006 I've got my first camera phone, a Nokia 6230i, with a tiny and fully automatic 1.3Mpx cam built in (and it had a great Golf game too! :D). And there came the fun again! I've started to take pictures of mostly anything and everything, snagging some shots that were virtually impossible to take on such a tiny little beast, and so on, yupp, there I was again, doing the thing.
And then I've decided to get some decent gear, as things were getting more and more serious. :) Didn't want to aim too high from the very beginning, as my resources were sort of limited. So, by October 2006 I've got myself a Canon Powershot S3 IS. I guess it's quite enough a cam for my first year of learning, before getting into DSLR school (note to self: I'll have to start saving!) :D
So now I have full manual modes (finally!), aperture and shutter priority, ISO up to 800 (although 800's too noisy), a good 12x optical zoom, stabilized USM lens, bracketing, a good image processor, a decent LCD, and whatnot, tons of great gimmicks for the technology freak in me. Great stuff for a beginner who really wants to learn things by doing. And basically, that's what I do now...
From here on, you can jump to the top of this page, to read (and see) further, starting with "Just got my..." :) Or you can take a look at my photostream (tiny but highly evolutive), to see how I was doing in the beginning, and what has that become to the day, in just a few months.
Thank you all, my flickr friends, you've always been a great company, a continuous and neverending resource for help, creativity, techinique and inspiration. You're great, people, in a great community.
Seriously, G R E A T, like this, in all capital letters.
And last but not least, thank you Bob, for the account! It was a great surprise from a good friend that you are. And hell, I won't forget that! ;)
Photos of sonykus (3)
- DrupalCon Prague, Europe 2013 508 photos, 94 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,641,803 photos, 105,443 members
- Old Transylvanian Cemeteries 132 photos, 30 members
- Photography in Interwar and WWII Hungary 516 photos, 63 members
- Favorite Images Of Romanian Photographers 10+ Faves 5,655 photos, 466 members
- Kúria: Old Hungarian and Transylvanian mansions 346 photos, 45 members
- Longer Exposure, Extreme Neutral Density 77,681 photos, 6,583 members
- antennae porn 1,341 photos, 222 members
- Scandinavian Delight 156,387 photos, 4,373 members
- Sweden 262,938 photos, 7,538 members
- Västkusten 10,684 photos, 458 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 3,337,099 photos, 426,685 members
- Friends of Zeus & Phoebe 25,963 photos, 1,721 members
- Gothenburg Gothic 1,661 photos, 155 members
- Global Village 3 4,162 photos, 116 members
- People With Hasselblad 666 photos, 627 members
- Trollhättan i bilder 438 photos, 40 members
- One Bottle 26,049 photos, 5,308 members
- Baroque Transylvania 168 photos, 16 members
- Blouse Roumaine - the Unsung Voices of Romanian Women" 272 photos, 17 members
- ₪ ZEN`sational World ₪ Please Award 2 Photos! 365,900 photos, 11,336 members
- Obiettivo & Fotocamera 394,007 photos, 5,873 members
- COLOURS IN YOUR EYES***Post 1/ Award 1 26,672 photos, 882 members
- VAN GOGH AWARD (Post 1 / Award 2) 117,373 photos, 3,464 members
- Digital Masterpiece 190,237 photos, 3,710 members
- Magyar zenekarok / Hungarian bands 4,750 photos, 259 members
- We travel the World 1,115,424 photos, 43,959 members
- The best moment. 276,460 photos, 4,660 members
- I captured something awesome on this planet ! 67,666 photos, 1,090 members
- Metallic Objects~Admin Invite Only! Post 1 - Comment 1 86,843 photos, 2,475 members
- ₪ Worldwide TRAVELOGUE ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) 310,387 photos, 11,185 members
- ArtNet@flickrworld-Invited only P1,C1 105,792 photos, 2,967 members
- Beautiful Seasons 76,498 photos, 1,830 members
- FIVE STARS ☆☆☆☆☆ ART SHOTS 42,989 photos, 1,619 members
- Expressive shots/post 1,comment 1 10,786 photos, 676 members
- Muntii Romaniei 3,694 photos, 310 members
- Sheep 33,895 photos, 6,517 members
- Obsessive sheep photographers 16,018 photos, 2,182 members
- Countryside Photography Moderated Group...(P1 - A1) 28,984 photos, 2,093 members
- Pollution group-Fight to stop pollution worldwide 1,191 photos, 211 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 298,395 photos, 11,688 members
- Houses, as in fairy tales - Mesebeli házikók / Post & Award / 604 photos, 278 members
- HAYSTACKS - more than 10000 haystacks from all over the world... 11,184 photos, 1,155 members
- pay to view 282 photos, 263 members
- -The Cafe- 993,808 photos, 26,164 members
- It's All About Light 23,409 photos, 921 members
- "Privatizară ăștia și republica..." 620 photos, 61 members
- PEOPLE FROM WORLD 18,432 photos, 1,205 members
- 100 + Viewed Best Architecture Photos (add 1, award 1) 37,948 photos, 1,702 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 978,697 photos, 29,954 members
Hobo W149 says:
"Well what could i say after that profile read, other than if you want to see some great photography, you stay tuned to sonykus! and make him a contact!! You think he's got great stuff posted now, just wait! View his entire postings, you won't be sorry!!! Keep them coming my friend!!!"
March 8th, 2007
- October 2006
- Cluj, Claudiopolis, Kolozsvár, Klausenburg, capital of Transylvania. A place full of history and a colourful mix of Romanian, Hungarian, German, and other cultures that have historically inhabitated the land across the centuries, and melted together.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- World Domination (but of course!, what else is worth the wait?)