ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. That means you need to talk to me about obtaining a license BEFORE using any of my photos posted on this site.
If you make unauthorized commercial use of my copyrighted images, you hereby agree to a licensing fee of €5000 (EUR) per image, per use.
And now, brief history:
Got my Canon Powershot S3 IS back in October (2006) and I was quite happy playing around with it a little bit, every now and then.
oh, later edit:
Just got my Nikon D90 back in April (2009) and I'm quite happy playing around with it big time. ;)
Here's a list of my 30 most interesting shots, according to Flickr's Magic Donkey interestingness algorythm. I've hit Explore tens of times times this far. Some of those shots stayed up for a while and some of them are still there as we speak. Others have long dropped out, but I don't mind.
Flickr Explore is just a game after all, and it's not my first aim, although I still love the appreciation (aren't we all looking for some, in the end?) that comes with it. However, the most important thing is to participate, to be there in the game. And what's more precious than that, is your feedback, your nice and fancy comments, and the way everyone contributes to the whole picture of this flickr thingie. I guess that's second to none!
--- later edit (2007): ---
A brief (?) history of time:
How did I get here anyway? Well first of all, I've started a blog on Yahoo 360. Everyone does that nowadays, so why would I do otherwise? :D By now, that blog is more or less outdated, and don't hurry, it's written mostly in Romanian, with only a few bits of English just every now and then. It's not *that* important that I should link it up here, but I'm sure one could hunt it down if they want to. :)
Where were we? Yeah, the blog thingie. Well, that's how it all has begun. On your Y360 main page you can display a link to your Yahoo photo albums and you can show off your most recent 6 shots uploaded to flickr. And that's how I've started checking out other people's photography in the beginning. Back in those days I was "shooting" with a Nokia cameraphone only. Even though some of those photos came out really nice, they wouldn't be nice enough to whitstand the harsh flickr competition. :)
I knew bits about photography since my early adolescence, when I used to have a small Russian cam, a Smena 8M, produced by Lomo. I was mostly pointing and shooting, exlusively in B&W, (colour materials were rare, of bad quality, and far more expensive back then, in old commie Romania) but it really helped a lot in learning "to see things", frame things, and pulling a shot that's nice, interesting, and pleasing to the eye.
Then, there were years I forgot about photography, or better said, I was not taking any shots. Nothing completely forgotten, as I had friends who were really into things, professional artists, or people studying to become pros. Some of them worked in digital media combined with visual arts, some even had their own groups and small advertising companies. And being there is how I've learnt some postprocessing, Photoshop and Corel, digital enhancement, tons of plugins, and all that comes with them.
Then, by the end of 1999, I've had my first digital camera, a small 1.3Mpx soapbox, I think it was an Olympus Camedia D-340R, a real great thing back in those days. And there I was, taking pictures again. And hell yeah, once again that was loads of fun, rediscovering photography as it's been always a hobby dear to my heart. Unfortunately mostif not all of those shots have been lost. The cam remained with my Ex, along with the CDs that held the results of some four years of shooting on them. (I still nourish some hope that some day I'll get some copies at least...)
Then, after a few years more, by the beginning of 2006 I've got my first camera phone, a Nokia 6230i, with a tiny and fully automatic 1.3Mpx cam built in (and it had a great Golf game too! :D). And there came the fun again! I've started to take pictures of mostly anything and everything, snagging some shots that were virtually impossible to take on such a tiny little beast, and so on, yupp, there I was again, doing the thing.
And then I've decided to get some decent gear, as things were getting more and more serious. :) Didn't want to aim too high from the very beginning, as my resources were sort of limited. So, by October 2006 I've got myself a Canon Powershot S3 IS. I guess it's quite enough a cam for my first year of learning, before getting into DSLR school (note to self: I'll have to start saving!) :D
So now I have full manual modes (finally!), aperture and shutter priority, ISO up to 800 (although 800's too noisy), a good 12x optical zoom, stabilized USM lens, bracketing, a good image processor, a decent LCD, and whatnot, tons of great gimmicks for the technology freak in me. Great stuff for a beginner who really wants to learn things by doing. And basically, that's what I do now...
From here on, you can jump to the top of this page, to read (and see) further, starting with "Just got my..." :) Or you can take a look at my photostream (tiny but highly evolutive), to see how I was doing in the beginning, and what has that become to the day, in just a few months.
Thank you all, my flickr friends, you've always been a great company, a continuous and neverending resource for help, creativity, techinique and inspiration. You're great, people, in a great community.
Seriously, G R E A T, like this, in all capital letters.
And last but not least, thank you Bob, for the account! It was a great surprise from a good friend that you are. And hell, I won't forget that! ;)
Photos of sonykus (3)
- DrupalCon Prague, Europe 2013 509 photos, 94 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,581,840 photos, 97,940 members
- Old Transylvanian Cemeteries 123 photos, 30 members
- Photography in Interwar and WWII Hungary 507 photos, 64 members
- Favorite Images Of Romanian Photographers 10+ Faves 3,557 photos, 439 members
- Kúria: Old Hungarian and Transylvanian mansions 321 photos, 46 members
- Longer Exposure, Extreme Neutral Density 64,645 photos, 5,821 members
- antennae porn 1,254 photos, 216 members
- Scandinavian Delight 144,012 photos, 4,116 members
- Sweden 240,391 photos, 7,178 members
- Västkusten 9,843 photos, 426 members
- ◇Group wi†h Ҽxperience◆ 2,886,981 photos, 349,693 members
- Friends of Zeus & Phoebe 25,170 photos, 1,716 members
- Gothenburg Gothic 1,668 photos, 153 members
- Global Village 3 3,736 photos, 111 members
- People With Hasselblad 688 photos, 619 members
- Trollhättan i bilder 388 photos, 35 members
- One Bottle 24,088 photos, 5,140 members
- Baroque Transylvania 160 photos, 16 members
- Blouse Roumaine - the Unsung Voices of Romanian Women" 265 photos, 15 members
- ₪ ZEN`sational World ₪ Please Award 2 Photos! 348,120 photos, 11,349 members
- Obiettivo & Fotocamera 348,612 photos, 5,745 members
- COLOURS IN YOUR EYES***Post 1/ Award 1 23,173 photos, 876 members
- !! VAN GOGH AWARD (Post 1 / Award 2) 102,984 photos, 3,334 members
- Digital Masterpiece 146,205 photos, 3,501 members
- Magyar zenekarok / Hungarian bands 4,665 photos, 260 members
- We travel the World 942,165 photos, 41,306 members
- The best moment. 246,279 photos, 4,421 members
- I captured something awesome on this planet ! 53,016 photos, 1,036 members
- Metallic Objects~Admin Invite Only! Post 1 - Comment 1 79,966 photos, 2,420 members
- ₪ Worldwide TRAVELOGUE ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 289,234 photos, 11,026 members
- ArtNet@flickrworld-Invited only 102,271 photos, 2,938 members
- **Beautiful Seasons** 62,664 photos, 1,696 members
- FIVE STARS ★☆✪☆★ ARTISTIC IMAGES 38,977 photos, 1,625 members
- Expressive shots/post 1,comment 1 10,405 photos, 670 members
- Muntii Romaniei 3,384 photos, 297 members
- Sheep 31,774 photos, 6,222 members
- Obsessive sheep photographers 15,279 photos, 2,121 members
- Countryside Photography Moderated Group...(P1 - A1) 24,347 photos, 1,967 members
- Pollution group-Fight to stop pollution worldwide 1,079 photos, 192 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 280,435 photos, 11,204 members
- Houses, as in fairy tales - Mesebeli házikók / Post & Award / 528 photos, 257 members
- HAYSTACKS - more than 10000 haystacks from all over the world... 10,303 photos, 1,080 members
- pay to view 284 photos, 266 members
- -The Cafe- 869,323 photos, 25,439 members
- It's All About Light 21,872 photos, 914 members
- "Privatizară ăștia și republica..." 544 photos, 59 members
- PEOPLE FROM WORLD 14,130 photos, 943 members
- 100 + Viewed Best Architecture Photos (add 1, award 1) 34,095 photos, 1,680 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 914,738 photos, 29,115 members
Hobo W149 says:
"Well what could i say after that profile read, other than if you want to see some great photography, you stay tuned to sonykus! and make him a contact!! You think he's got great stuff posted now, just wait! View his entire postings, you won't be sorry!!! Keep them coming my friend!!!"
March 8th, 2007
- October 2006
- Cluj, Claudiopolis, Kolozsvár, Klausenburg, capital of Transylvania. A place full of history and a colourful mix of Romanian, Hungarian, German, and other cultures that have historically inhabitated the land across the centuries, and melted together.
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- World Domination (but of course!, what else is worth the wait?)