- photos of photographers with a selfie stick 1,441 photos, 171 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,191 photos, 41,454 members
- MOUNTAIN 169,468 photos, 12,703 members
- Sicily 74,255 photos, 3,900 members
- Landscapes of the World 1,234,839 photos, 34,032 members
- Out on the Streets! 7,433 photos, 171 members
- Roman Britain 4,425 photos, 399 members
- World Land and Seascapes 8,535 photos, 173 members
- Night Light Photography 3,567 photos, 235 members
- Pets and Animal Pictures 560 photos, 65 members
- Landscapes!!! 1,631,510 photos, 52,322 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 712,461 photos, 15,715 members
- Scotland in Pictures 6,194 photos, 103 members
- Bonnie Scotland 5,893 photos, 48 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 287,390 photos, 7,861 members
- Marin Drzic statue Dubrovnik 54 photos, 11 members
- Paris 442,269 photos, 49,783 members
- Loch Lomond And The Surrounding Area 8,611 photos, 782 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,904,811 photos, 70,842 members
- Lanzarote 32,714 photos, 1,728 members
- FriendFeed 1,989 photos, 89 members
- Nikon D800/E, D810 & D850 Users Group 662,677 photos, 16,702 members
- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom 126,525 photos, 6,656 members
- Victoria and Albert Museum 9,501 photos, 1,512 members
- FriendFeed Bike Rally 279 photos, 22 members
- Your Museum Images 38,840 photos, 816 members
- I was in Turkey 19,997 photos, 1,468 members
- Ephesus - Efes 2,530 photos, 284 members
- The Official Flickr "Planking" group 934 photos, 183 members
- Linear Love 57,651 photos, 2,614 members
- Photographers with their Subjects 4,234 photos, 621 members
- World cars 384,017 photos, 5,044 members
- BMW Enthusiasts 79,665 photos, 7,862 members
- I Ate This 700,304 photos, 42,834 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 601 photos, 51 members
- darkclub 113,351 photos, 3,487 members
- Orthodox Church Architecture 199,175 photos, 4,871 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,795 photos, 1,822 members
- Just Street Photography 2,426,431 photos, 77,337 members
- HONLPHOTO Group 1,296 photos, 462 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 373,174 photos, 23,940 members
- Lighting Essentials 95,270 photos, 8,382 members
- Crazy is Good 2,513 photos, 147 members
- Sevilla 61,639 photos, 3,857 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 186,697 photos, 5,884 members
- Strictly GeoTagged 374,886 photos, 7,195 members
- Hawaii 81,515 photos, 5,419 members
- Las Vegas 117,180 photos, 7,953 members
- San Francisco 285,367 photos, 15,625 members
- UK Strobists 29,961 photos, 2,561 members
- Luscious Landscapes 2 3 photos
- Bodacious Bugs 3 photos
- Luscious Landscapes 2 2 photos
- People Shots 3 3 photos
- Architecture 3 photos
- The Enigmatic JJ 11 photos
- Finiky's Birds 2 12 photos
- Luscious Landscapes 11 photos
- People Shots 2 1 photo
- The Scottish National Gallery 1 1 photo
- Jon's Critters 5 photos
- Weird but Wonderfull 11 photos
- Infographics 2 photos
- Finiky's Birds 1 18 photos
- People Shots 1 2 photos
- Favourite Groucho-related Pics 3 photos
broad secretary says:
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
December 21st, 2009
Jeremy Sloan says:
"If SOG is to the practice of medicine what he is to his friends on Flickr, he must leave all of his patients in stitches, too. He is the Godfather of the Weirdies and an inspiration to us all."
February 14th, 2009
"What can I say about SoG? He's a doc. And I'm not commenting on that one, 'coz I'm very wary around people wielding sharp and pointy instruments for living - esp. the ones with thick black moustache.
However, I'll instantly click with one who's cheeky enough to call himself "people mechanic".
But wait, there's more: considering his geeky tendencies for computers, databases (*wink*), collecting unusual words, fiddling with Photoshop and taking the life utterly seriously (just take a look at his icon and his "flying buttocks" photos), I pronounce him an honorary geek.
Well, I heard he takes photos as well and a bunch of them got into... wossname ... Explode thingy - but I haven't yet paid much heed into this curious rumour...
There. Now I'm off to finish that barrel of Scotland's finest, he sent me as compensation for writing this.
(Och, càite bheil an taigh beag?)"
October 3rd, 2007
"Ahhh Sog.. what can I say that hasn't yet been articulated? He has great taste in women! There, I found something. His photos are everything, from beautiful landscapes to the entirely absurd. I enjoy each visit I pay to his page. He has a wonderful sense of humor and isn't afraid to be on the far end of the joke. I like that in a person."
August 13th, 2007
Bill Adams says:
"I don't know SoG, so I can't really vouch for him."
March 6th, 2007
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
November 17th, 2006
Chad Vector says:
"If I'm ever trampled by a herd of cattle in rural Scotland, I'd like none other than SoG to attempt to reattach my severed limbs. He's a good fellow, and I hope to share a few whiskies with him one day."
October 26th, 2006
Cap'n Canuck says:
"SoG is the wisest, funniest most compassionate man I have ever come across on Flicker. (besides me of course) I am happy to have met him and I am even more grateful to call him friend .
"Je suis Marxiste, tendance Son of Groucho.";
"I'm a Marxist of the Son of Groucho variety"."
August 27th, 2006
"Groucho, what can I say, I find his work menacing/playful because of the way the optical suggestions of the figurative-narrative signifier visually and conceptually activates the larger carcass.
It should be added that with regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.
I think that says it all."
December 7th, 2005
"I find it incredible that I have only known Son of Groucho since I met him..... which incidentally is something I can't remember doing. It's too late not to meet him now, so I guess I will continue to know him for a good while yet.
In the words of the "late" great Abba person...Knowing me, knowing you...Ah ha.
Sadly his photographs aren't very good."
November 12th, 2005
nonchalant wax says:
"Son of Groucho is a delight. A wicked sense of humor abounds. I get a chuckle reading comments left by this fine upstanding gentleman and look forward to future laughs, chortles and giggle fits."
November 9th, 2005
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- People Mechanic
- The Voice Of Reason