- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,240 photos, 41,968 members
- MOUNTAIN 79,179 photos, 8,057 members
- Sicily 64,141 photos, 3,617 members
- Landscapes of the World 833,905 photos, 24,012 members
- Landscapes in Black & White 42,041 photos, 3,047 members
- Out on the Streets! 5,493 photos, 164 members
- Roman Britain 3,696 photos, 368 members
- World Land and Seascapes 4,517 photos, 135 members
- Night Light Photography 2,356 photos, 107 members
- Pets and Animal Pictures 381 photos, 52 members
- Landscapes!!! 1,235,609 photos, 45,151 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 468,028 photos, 13,135 members
- Scotland in Pictures 3,254 photos, 67 members
- Bonnie Scotland 3,256 photos, 44 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 250,858 photos, 7,765 members
- Marin Drzic statue Dubrovnik 42 photos, 11 members
- Paris 406,898 photos, 48,457 members
- Loch Lomond And The Surrounding Area 7,821 photos, 722 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,498,713 photos, 56,218 members
- Lanzarote 28,100 photos, 1,547 members
- FriendFeed 1,271 photos, 91 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 510,608 photos, 15,401 members
- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom 116,651 photos, 6,341 members
- Victoria and Albert Museum 9,004 photos, 1,482 members
- FriendFeed Bike Rally 283 photos, 23 members
- Your Museum Images 24,531 photos, 605 members
- I was in Turkey 16,944 photos, 1,378 members
- Ephesus - Efes 2,206 photos, 271 members
- The Official Flickr "Planking" group 956 photos, 188 members
- Linear Love 50,423 photos, 2,471 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 3,858 photos, 540 members
- World cars 372,853 photos, 4,832 members
- BMW Enthusiasts 70,069 photos, 7,666 members
- I Ate This 667,991 photos, 42,189 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 627 photos, 52 members
- darkclub 90,513 photos, 3,062 members
- Orthodox Church Architecture 137,037 photos, 3,917 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,599 photos, 1,838 members
- Just Street Photography 2,056,239 photos, 67,513 members
- HONLPHOTO Group 1,387 photos, 479 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 340,593 photos, 23,577 members
- Lighting Essentials 94,179 photos, 8,280 members
- Crazy is Good 2,250 photos, 138 members
- Sevilla 52,982 photos, 3,534 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 168,336 photos, 5,727 members
- Strictly GeoTagged 325,357 photos, 7,193 members
- Hawaii 75,424 photos, 5,232 members
- Las Vegas 115,716 photos, 7,999 members
- San Francisco 271,916 photos, 15,593 members
- UK Strobists 29,347 photos, 2,573 members
Woddy Chipmunk says:
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
December 21st, 2009
Jeremy Sloan says:
"If SOG is to the practice of medicine what he is to his friends on Flickr, he must leave all of his patients in stitches, too. He is the Godfather of the Weirdies and an inspiration to us all."
February 14th, 2009
"What can I say about SoG? He's a doc. And I'm not commenting on that one, 'coz I'm very wary around people wielding sharp and pointy instruments for living - esp. the ones with thick black moustache.
However, I'll instantly click with one who's cheeky enough to call himself "people mechanic".
But wait, there's more: considering his geeky tendencies for computers, databases (*wink*), collecting unusual words, fiddling with Photoshop and taking the life utterly seriously (just take a look at his icon and his "flying buttocks" photos), I pronounce him an honorary geek.
Well, I heard he takes photos as well and a bunch of them got into... wossname ... Explode thingy - but I haven't yet paid much heed into this curious rumour...
There. Now I'm off to finish that barrel of Scotland's finest, he sent me as compensation for writing this.
(Och, càite bheil an taigh beag?)"
October 3rd, 2007
"Ahhh Sog.. what can I say that hasn't yet been articulated? He has great taste in women! There, I found something. His photos are everything, from beautiful landscapes to the entirely absurd. I enjoy each visit I pay to his page. He has a wonderful sense of humor and isn't afraid to be on the far end of the joke. I like that in a person."
August 13th, 2007
Bill Adams says:
"I don't know SoG, so I can't really vouch for him."
March 6th, 2007
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
November 17th, 2006
Chad Vector says:
"If I'm ever trampled by a herd of cattle in rural Scotland, I'd like none other than SoG to attempt to reattach my severed limbs. He's a good fellow, and I hope to share a few whiskies with him one day."
October 26th, 2006
Cap'n Canuck says:
"SoG is the wisest, funniest most compassionate man I have ever come across on Flicker. (besides me of course) I am happy to have met him and I am even more grateful to call him friend .
"Je suis Marxiste, tendance Son of Groucho.";
"I'm a Marxist of the Son of Groucho variety"."
August 27th, 2006
"Groucho, what can I say, I find his work menacing/playful because of the way the optical suggestions of the figurative-narrative signifier visually and conceptually activates the larger carcass.
It should be added that with regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.
I think that says it all."
December 7th, 2005
"I find it incredible that I have only known Son of Groucho since I met him..... which incidentally is something I can't remember doing. It's too late not to meet him now, so I guess I will continue to know him for a good while yet.
In the words of the "late" great Abba person...Knowing me, knowing you...Ah ha.
Sadly his photographs aren't very good."
November 12th, 2005
"Son of Groucho is a delight. A wicked sense of humor abounds. I get a chuckle reading comments left by this fine upstanding gentleman and look forward to future laughs, chortles and giggle fits."
November 9th, 2005
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- People Mechanic
- The Voice Of Reason