- Night Light Photography 336 photos, 59 members
- Pets and Animal Pictures 172 photos, 31 members
- Landscapes!!! 279,975 photos, 17,121 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 71,296 photos, 4,155 members
- Scotland in Pictures 379 photos, 22 members
- Photos of Scotland 478 photos, 21 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 165,803 photos, 6,788 members
- Marin Drzic statue Dubrovnik 35 photos, 11 members
- Paris 318,716 photos, 38,846 members
- Loch Lomond And The Surrounding Area 5,780 photos, 633 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 738,048 photos, 32,448 members
- Lanzarote 21,145 photos, 1,224 members
- FriendFeed 1,273 photos, 92 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 227,349 photos, 11,087 members
- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom 90,202 photos, 5,452 members
- Victoria and Albert Museum 8,532 photos, 1,314 members
- FriendFeed Bike Rally 267 photos, 24 members
- Your Museum Images 11,809 photos, 378 members
- I was in Turkey 13,595 photos, 1,145 members
- Ephesus - Efes 2,231 photos, 227 members
- The Official Flickr "Planking" group 731 photos, 187 members
- Linear Love 38,039 photos, 2,186 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,894 photos, 358 members
- World cars 196,554 photos, 3,709 members
- BMW Enthusiasts 53,463 photos, 6,722 members
- I Ate This 582,684 photos, 35,057 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 655 photos, 52 members
- darkclub 44,463 photos, 1,995 members
- Orthodox Church Architecture 95,624 photos, 2,854 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,168 photos, 1,723 members
- Just Street Photography 1,243,403 photos, 40,060 members
- HONLPHOTO Group 1,373 photos, 492 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 262,411 photos, 20,637 members
- Lighting Essentials 73,967 photos, 7,589 members
- Crazy is Good 1,689 photos, 111 members
- Sevilla 39,143 photos, 2,874 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 130,759 photos, 5,363 members
- Strictly GeoTagged 247,470 photos, 7,013 members
- Hawaii 64,958 photos, 4,802 members
- Las Vegas 102,274 photos, 7,479 members
- San Francisco 231,561 photos, 13,974 members
- UK Strobists 27,294 photos, 2,419 members
- C215 8,237 photos, 446 members
- SHOP WINDOW 15,736 photos, 1,658 members
- Venice, from a different angle 1,812 photos, 133 members
- creative commons italia 782 photos, 70 members
- Grafitti & Street Art 274,598 photos, 6,816 members
- Venice, the beautiful town in Italy 6,174 photos, 431 members
- M8 Strobists 256 photos, 31 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,636 photos, 3,203 members
Woddy Chipmunk says:
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
21st December, 2009
Jeremy Sloan says:
"If SOG is to the practice of medicine what he is to his friends on Flickr, he must leave all of his patients in stitches, too. He is the Godfather of the Weirdies and an inspiration to us all."
14th February, 2009
"What can I say about SoG? He's a doc. And I'm not commenting on that one, 'coz I'm very wary around people wielding sharp and pointy instruments for living - esp. the ones with thick black moustache.
However, I'll instantly click with one who's cheeky enough to call himself "people mechanic".
But wait, there's more: considering his geeky tendencies for computers, databases (*wink*), collecting unusual words, fiddling with Photoshop and taking the life utterly seriously (just take a look at his icon and his "flying buttocks" photos), I pronounce him an honorary geek.
Well, I heard he takes photos as well and a bunch of them got into... wossname ... Explode thingy - but I haven't yet paid much heed into this curious rumour...
There. Now I'm off to finish that barrel of Scotland's finest, he sent me as compensation for writing this.
(Och, càite bheil an taigh beag?)"
3rd October, 2007
"Ahhh Sog.. what can I say that hasn't yet been articulated? He has great taste in women! There, I found something. His photos are everything, from beautiful landscapes to the entirely absurd. I enjoy each visit I pay to his page. He has a wonderful sense of humor and isn't afraid to be on the far end of the joke. I like that in a person."
13th August, 2007
Bill Adams says:
"I don't know SoG, so I can't really vouch for him."
6th March, 2007
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
17th November, 2006
Chad Vector says:
"If I'm ever trampled by a herd of cattle in rural Scotland, I'd like none other than SoG to attempt to reattach my severed limbs. He's a good fellow, and I hope to share a few whiskies with him one day."
26th October, 2006
Cap'n Canuck says:
"SoG is the wisest, funniest most compassionate man I have ever come across on Flicker. (besides me of course) I am happy to have met him and I am even more grateful to call him friend .
"Je suis Marxiste, tendance Son of Groucho.";
"I'm a Marxist of the Son of Groucho variety"."
27th August, 2006
"Groucho, what can I say, I find his work menacing/playful because of the way the optical suggestions of the figurative-narrative signifier visually and conceptually activates the larger carcass.
It should be added that with regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.
I think that says it all."
7th December, 2005
"I find it incredible that I have only known Son of Groucho since I met him..... which incidentally is something I can't remember doing. It's too late not to meet him now, so I guess I will continue to know him for a good while yet.
In the words of the "late" great Abba person...Knowing me, knowing you...Ah ha.
Sadly his photographs aren't very good."
12th November, 2005
"Son of Groucho is a delight. A wicked sense of humor abounds. I get a chuckle reading comments left by this fine upstanding gentleman and look forward to future laughs, chortles and giggle fits."
9th November, 2005
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- People Mechanic
- The Voice Of Reason