- Night Light Photography 311 photos, 59 members
- Pets and Animal Pictures 170 photos, 31 members
- Landscapes!!! 274,947 photos, 16,897 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 69,516 photos, 4,128 members
- Scotland in Pictures 338 photos, 21 members
- Photos of Scotland 457 photos, 21 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 164,947 photos, 6,778 members
- Marin Drzic statue Dubrovnik 34 photos, 11 members
- Paris 318,147 photos, 38,647 members
- Loch Lomond And The Surrounding Area 5,751 photos, 630 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 732,883 photos, 32,297 members
- Lanzarote 21,116 photos, 1,222 members
- FriendFeed 1,273 photos, 92 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 225,025 photos, 11,050 members
- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom 89,938 photos, 5,446 members
- Victoria and Albert Museum 8,533 photos, 1,315 members
- FriendFeed Bike Rally 267 photos, 24 members
- Your Museum Images 11,725 photos, 378 members
- I was in Turkey 13,569 photos, 1,143 members
- Ephesus - Efes 2,231 photos, 226 members
- The Official Flickr "Planking" group 728 photos, 187 members
- Linear Love 37,959 photos, 2,184 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,885 photos, 358 members
- World cars 195,396 photos, 3,703 members
- BMW Enthusiasts 53,351 photos, 6,720 members
- I Ate This 582,211 photos, 34,953 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 655 photos, 50 members
- darkclub 44,019 photos, 1,980 members
- Orthodox Church Architecture 95,191 photos, 2,834 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,165 photos, 1,722 members
- Just Street Photography 1,239,488 photos, 39,980 members
- HONLPHOTO Group 1,370 photos, 492 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 261,806 photos, 20,632 members
- Lighting Essentials 73,829 photos, 7,571 members
- Crazy is Good 1,689 photos, 111 members
- Sevilla 39,003 photos, 2,861 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 130,385 photos, 5,356 members
- Strictly GeoTagged 247,143 photos, 7,015 members
- Hawaii 64,872 photos, 4,802 members
- Las Vegas 102,223 photos, 7,476 members
- San Francisco 231,598 photos, 13,965 members
- UK Strobists 27,300 photos, 2,417 members
- C215 8,338 photos, 445 members
- SHOP WINDOW 15,728 photos, 1,657 members
- Venice, from a different angle 1,805 photos, 133 members
- creative commons italia 782 photos, 70 members
- Grafitti & Street Art 273,811 photos, 6,803 members
- Venice, the beautiful town in Italy 6,172 photos, 431 members
- M8 Strobists 256 photos, 31 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,636 photos, 3,196 members
Woddy Chipmunk says:
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
21st December, 2009
Jeremy Sloan says:
"If SOG is to the practice of medicine what he is to his friends on Flickr, he must leave all of his patients in stitches, too. He is the Godfather of the Weirdies and an inspiration to us all."
14th February, 2009
"What can I say about SoG? He's a doc. And I'm not commenting on that one, 'coz I'm very wary around people wielding sharp and pointy instruments for living - esp. the ones with thick black moustache.
However, I'll instantly click with one who's cheeky enough to call himself "people mechanic".
But wait, there's more: considering his geeky tendencies for computers, databases (*wink*), collecting unusual words, fiddling with Photoshop and taking the life utterly seriously (just take a look at his icon and his "flying buttocks" photos), I pronounce him an honorary geek.
Well, I heard he takes photos as well and a bunch of them got into... wossname ... Explode thingy - but I haven't yet paid much heed into this curious rumour...
There. Now I'm off to finish that barrel of Scotland's finest, he sent me as compensation for writing this.
(Och, càite bheil an taigh beag?)"
3rd October, 2007
"Ahhh Sog.. what can I say that hasn't yet been articulated? He has great taste in women! There, I found something. His photos are everything, from beautiful landscapes to the entirely absurd. I enjoy each visit I pay to his page. He has a wonderful sense of humor and isn't afraid to be on the far end of the joke. I like that in a person."
13th August, 2007
Bill Adams says:
"I don't know SoG, so I can't really vouch for him."
6th March, 2007
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
17th November, 2006
Chad Vector says:
"If I'm ever trampled by a herd of cattle in rural Scotland, I'd like none other than SoG to attempt to reattach my severed limbs. He's a good fellow, and I hope to share a few whiskies with him one day."
26th October, 2006
Cap'n Canuck says:
"SoG is the wisest, funniest most compassionate man I have ever come across on Flicker. (besides me of course) I am happy to have met him and I am even more grateful to call him friend .
"Je suis Marxiste, tendance Son of Groucho.";
"I'm a Marxist of the Son of Groucho variety"."
27th August, 2006
"Groucho, what can I say, I find his work menacing/playful because of the way the optical suggestions of the figurative-narrative signifier visually and conceptually activates the larger carcass.
It should be added that with regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.
I think that says it all."
7th December, 2005
"I find it incredible that I have only known Son of Groucho since I met him..... which incidentally is something I can't remember doing. It's too late not to meet him now, so I guess I will continue to know him for a good while yet.
In the words of the "late" great Abba person...Knowing me, knowing you...Ah ha.
Sadly his photographs aren't very good."
12th November, 2005
"Son of Groucho is a delight. A wicked sense of humor abounds. I get a chuckle reading comments left by this fine upstanding gentleman and look forward to future laughs, chortles and giggle fits."
9th November, 2005
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- People Mechanic
- The Voice Of Reason