Hi all, I enjoy taking photos at the National Zoo, especially of pandas!!! Most of my photos will be "exclusive" to Pandas Unlimited so please feel free to join our group.
My most popular photos
For more panda photos please join: Beauty is... and also Animal Pals
Hard Rock Pin Design & Partnership
My Magnets from FONZ photoclub
Internet Crime Complaint Center
The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crimes and fraud a convenient reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations
- Artistic Child Photography 152,983 photos, 10,150 members
- Friends of the National Zoo 3,416 photos, 223 members
- Paint the Moon - Let's Do 52 14,577 photos, 4,316 members
- Supermoon 2013 442 photos, 280 members
- Astronomy 63,438 photos, 9,368 members
- MOON Shots 98,165 photos, 22,801 members
- Supermoon 621 photos, 309 members
- I Made it Myself 575,598 photos, 27,574 members
- Dolls' Wedding 415 photos, 39 members
- Chiwaluv Amigurumi Critters 798 photos, 76 members
- Hooked On Dolls! 1,960 photos, 203 members
- *Crochet* 80,687 photos, 5,437 members
- Amigurumi 27,331 photos, 3,647 members
- The Happy Hookers 34,371 photos, 2,763 members
- Owlishly 209 photos, 124 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 183 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,902,229 photos, 246,018 members
- Spoonflower Fabric Designs 25,460 photos, 4,197 members
- Prop Insanity! 13,909 photos, 3,342 members
- Creative Toddler & Baby Photography 8,653 photos, 1,741 members
- ANIMALS Art-Gallery !! "INVITED Only !!" - AWARD on 2. 18,469 photos, 2,395 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 568,018 photos, 46,554 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,652 photos, 103,448 members
- National Geographic's Terra Cotta Warriors 487 photos, 147 members
- Love of the feline *Comment the shot on your right ! 23,320 photos, 2,360 members
- NATURALEZA SOLAMENTE * Only Nature* P/1- C/1 92,198 photos, 3,989 members
- Share Your Best With The World 118,698 photos, 5,019 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,087,737 photos, 35,639 members
- Something in the Eyes (Invitation) Please comment! 12,433 photos, 2,377 members
- Stunning Planet Earth-Post 1 & Award 2 [Nature Group] 34,187 photos, 4,073 members
- ***SPETTACOLARE*** for Flickr's Best Shots! Enjoy 60.000 photos 75,720 photos, 2,784 members
- I Love It! (Invite Only) 13,355 photos, 2,997 members
- Dragonfly Awards * Post1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 561,260 photos, 24,058 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 81,666 photos, 13,390 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 223,687 photos, 21,999 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 194,286 photos, 21,936 members
- The Ruby Awards/ April 19 to 27 : Closed 48,875 photos, 11,795 members
- Best of Cats (Invited Photos only) 63,764 photos, 19,608 members
- Kissable Kats ~ Closed for the summer! 31,545 photos, 6,477 members
- Excellent CATS shots (*WonderCat* April'14 - Contest ON !) 35,670 photos, 2,816 members
- ^^"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/A3 (MANDATORY) 727,622 photos, 39,043 members
- Tuxedo cats 24,466 photos, 2,551 members
- Awesome Picture Award (Invite Only) 18,479 photos, 6,707 members
- *SHINING★STAR - Post 1- Give 5 Stars 868,184 photos, 28,337 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 35,105 photos, 14,364 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,252 photos, 21,968 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,856 members
- Pictures Worth A Thousand Words - Post 1/Comment 2 106,516 photos, 6,688 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 257,401 photos, 40,526 members
- Golden Aardvark Award 33,196 photos, 2,264 members
Nikographer [Jon] says:
"I love France's photos, and all the work she (and PU) has done to help Giant Pandas via fund raising, etc..."
30th January, 2009
"Frances' love of Taishan is only matched by the intensity of her photography of him.
Frances works tirelessly for the preservation of the Giant Panda, giving everything needed to assist the National Zoo in Washington DC, in the caring for and improving the quality of life for Taishan and his parents. Giant pandas and people are both fortunate to have such a caring person!"
9th December, 2008
"Somesai has provided us with a place to share our love of all things panda. Thank you."
31st August, 2007
"Frances is one of these rare individuals one meets once in a great while. She gives of herself without asking for anything in return. She stays true to her convictions regardless of the obstacles and she does it with a smile on her face. Tai and his family, abd his extended family, is the benefactor of her efforts as is the entire PU community who follow in her vein, cheerfully."
12th July, 2007
"Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you yesterday and thank you for inviting me to join your group!! What fun! I will enjoy getting to "know" you all. Also, will try to upload some pictures soon."
18th June, 2007
you are a very nice person! i know how much you love pandas! i am sure that pandas love you as much as you love them
2nd June, 2007
bandit girl says:
"Frances is REALLY nice."
29th April, 2007
"Dear Francis since the day Tai was born I have been able to see him through you lens and what a grand sight that has been. I live in KY too far to travel to see him yet I know all the details thanks to you. I appreciate your art and please let me see more."
29th March, 2007
"I can never get enough of Francis's photos. Thank you for sharing these delightful gems!"
28th September, 2006
Cracker Lilo says:
"Simply an awesome and amazing photographer. She honed her skills using the best subjects--Tai Shan and his parents. She is broadening her range now, and her ability to get the best from her subjects and capture their true personality transfers easily.
Her Pandas Unlimited group has grown by leaps and bounds, and it is as fun and peaceful as the subject.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Somesai."
14th September, 2006
"Frances is one of the first people I met through Flickr and I was thrilled that such a gifted photographer shares my love of pandas and other bears.
I spend literally hours every week viewing all her beautiful pictures of Tai and his parents and Hana and her cub - not forgetting the other animals she photographs so lovingly. It brings them so much closer to me.
Although I cannot see Tai in person yet I don't feel I am missing out on one day of his life when I log in and see new photos from Somesai on my contacts page.
Thank you Frances so much for all the time you take to make Flickr a special place for us all. You are a truly special person and a good friend to our beloved bears."
15th September, 2006
"In the short time since she started the PandasUnlimited group, she's grown tremendously as a photographer specialising in panda photos. She's brought a LOT of joy to a lot of people around the world. Through PandasUnlimited, she's also providing a place for people from diverse backgrounds to meet and chat and share, even tho we've never met one another. She's also set an example so that PU is one of the most caring and fun-filled groups I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. You rock, somesai!"
28th June, 2006
Your pictures are always the highlight of my day! I went through serious withdrawl while you were on vacation recently...
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOUUUU FOR YOUR GORGEOUS PICTURES OF THESE PRECIOUS PANDAS!"
8th June, 2006
"Somesai does a fabulous job documenting the lives of our favorite pandas at the DC Zoo. She gets photos of moments in time in the panda's lives that we would never get to see any other way. This includes their interactions with panda staff members we'd mever get to meet either. I feel I know them all now!
Somesai is a wonderful person, extremely giving of her time in bringing them all closer to us. She's also a great photographer!I appreciate her and thank her for that!"
3rd June, 2006
"Somesai has really helped to bring something special together! She has a kind manner, and a sensitive touch to her lovely photos. She has been key to bringing PandasUnlimited to what it is today."
13th May, 2006
"Somesai = Professional Panda Photographer. Don't have pandas in your local zoo? No problem! Somesai's photos are the quick fix!
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos Somesai. Keep up the great work! ^___^"
7th May, 2006
"Her pictures mean so much to me. They truly capture so many different facets of Tai Shan's incredible intelligence, goodness, humor, compassion and "joie de vivre." As someone else said, she is "one" with Tai. The pictures also are important for people who are not fortunate enough to be able to personally visit the zoo."
2nd May, 2006
"Frances is not only a lover and friend of animals, but also a great humanitarian. She has done so much to document each joyful moment of Butterstick's upbringing and share it with panda lover's throughout the world."
17th April, 2006
"Pandafix.com said it perfectly: you are one with the panda.
We are so grateful to you for the extraordinary treasury of memorable images that you have given us, for your graphic insights into the panda psyche, and for the really great captions that enhance the images with affection, humor, and knowledge of things panda related. Mostly we thank you for your generous help, advice, assistance, encouragement, good will, and support in Pandasunlimited and elsewhere.
Not quite as an aside, I'd like to include recognition and thanks for Frances' ability to capture the power and grace of the big cat family even as she "gets" the cuddley, cute of the panda.
Thanks for all, Somesai."
14th April, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken