Hi all, I enjoy taking photos at the National Zoo, especially of pandas!!! Most of my photos will be "exclusive" to Pandas Unlimited so please feel free to join our group.
Pandas Unlimited Facebook
My most popular photos
For more panda photos please join: Beauty is... and also Animal Pals
Hard Rock Pin Design & Partnership
My Magnets from FONZ photoclub
- A Forest 42,447 photos, 4,232 members
- Rubys Treasure Challenge # 58 Open 5,595 photos, 778 members
- ~dA Stock Users Gallery ~ CH 121 Open + 120 Winners Named 9,192 photos, 343 members
- Artistic Child Photography 177,192 photos, 11,307 members
- Friends of the National Zoo 4,109 photos, 277 members
- Paint the Moon - Let's Do 52 14,464 photos, 4,294 members
- Supermoon 2013 482 photos, 308 members
- Astronomy 89,976 photos, 12,248 members
- MOON Shots 117,627 photos, 24,662 members
- Supermoon 1,231 photos, 514 members
- I Made it Myself 608,030 photos, 27,968 members
- Dolls' Wedding 462 photos, 43 members
- Chiwaluv Amigurumi Critters 804 photos, 77 members
- Hooked On Dolls! 2,406 photos, 242 members
- *Crochet* 84,213 photos, 5,627 members
- Amigurumi 28,843 photos, 3,733 members
- The Happy Hookers 35,424 photos, 2,809 members
- Owlishly 207 photos, 124 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 92 photos, 191 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 2,956,995 photos, 366,679 members
- Spoonflower Fabric Designs 30,092 photos, 4,446 members
- Prop Insanity! 13,929 photos, 3,414 members
- Creative Toddler & Baby Photography 8,674 photos, 1,718 members
- ANIMALS Art-Gallery !! "INVITED Only !!" - AWARD on 2. 22,748 photos, 2,540 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a3) 661,725 photos, 48,180 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 414,101 photos, 105,934 members
- National Geographic's Terra Cotta Warriors 483 photos, 181 members
- Love of the feline *Comment the shot on your right ! 23,341 photos, 2,365 members
- NATURALEZA SOLAMENTE * Only Nature* P/1- C/1 115,312 photos, 4,655 members
- Share Your Best With The World 128,857 photos, 5,015 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,171,298 photos, 36,255 members
- Something in the Eyes (Only quality images) Post one/comment 2 15,367 photos, 2,732 members
- Stunning Planet Earth (Post 1 & Award 2) 35,010 photos, 4,047 members
- ***SPETTACOLARE*** for Flickr's Best Shots! Enjoy 60.000 photos 87,787 photos, 2,832 members
- I Love It! (Invite Only) 13,249 photos, 2,942 members
- Dragonfly Awards * Post1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 596,479 photos, 24,335 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 85,013 photos, 13,259 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 219,442 photos, 22,113 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 202,436 photos, 21,747 members
- The Ruby Awards/INVITED PICS ONLY!/P1&C3 41,756 photos, 9,955 members
- Best of Cats (Invited Photos only) 63,187 photos, 19,585 members
- Kissable Kats 30,942 photos, 6,426 members
- Excellent CATS shots (*WonderCat* November'15 - Contest ON !) 41,657 photos, 3,031 members
- ! !"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD (Level 1) 690,091 photos, 38,656 members
- Tuxedo cats 25,537 photos, 2,592 members
- Awesome Picture Award (Invite Only) 19,015 photos, 6,611 members
- *SHINING★STAR - Post 1- Give 5 Stars 897,633 photos, 28,735 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,433 photos, 14,154 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,385 photos, 21,568 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,650 members
Nikographer [Jon] says:
"I love France's photos, and all the work she (and PU) has done to help Giant Pandas via fund raising, etc..."
January 30th, 2009
"Frances' love of Taishan is only matched by the intensity of her photography of him.
Frances works tirelessly for the preservation of the Giant Panda, giving everything needed to assist the National Zoo in Washington DC, in the caring for and improving the quality of life for Taishan and his parents. Giant pandas and people are both fortunate to have such a caring person!"
December 9th, 2008
"Somesai has provided us with a place to share our love of all things panda. Thank you."
August 31st, 2007
"Frances is one of these rare individuals one meets once in a great while. She gives of herself without asking for anything in return. She stays true to her convictions regardless of the obstacles and she does it with a smile on her face. Tai and his family, abd his extended family, is the benefactor of her efforts as is the entire PU community who follow in her vein, cheerfully."
July 12th, 2007
"Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you yesterday and thank you for inviting me to join your group!! What fun! I will enjoy getting to "know" you all. Also, will try to upload some pictures soon."
June 18th, 2007
you are a very nice person! i know how much you love pandas! i am sure that pandas love you as much as you love them
June 2nd, 2007
bandit girl says:
"Frances is REALLY nice."
April 29th, 2007
"Dear Francis since the day Tai was born I have been able to see him through you lens and what a grand sight that has been. I live in KY too far to travel to see him yet I know all the details thanks to you. I appreciate your art and please let me see more."
March 29th, 2007
"I can never get enough of Francis's photos. Thank you for sharing these delightful gems!"
September 28th, 2006
Cracker Lilo says:
"Simply an awesome and amazing photographer. She honed her skills using the best subjects--Tai Shan and his parents. She is broadening her range now, and her ability to get the best from her subjects and capture their true personality transfers easily.
Her Pandas Unlimited group has grown by leaps and bounds, and it is as fun and peaceful as the subject.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Somesai."
September 14th, 2006
"Frances is one of the first people I met through Flickr and I was thrilled that such a gifted photographer shares my love of pandas and other bears.
I spend literally hours every week viewing all her beautiful pictures of Tai and his parents and Hana and her cub - not forgetting the other animals she photographs so lovingly. It brings them so much closer to me.
Although I cannot see Tai in person yet I don't feel I am missing out on one day of his life when I log in and see new photos from Somesai on my contacts page.
Thank you Frances so much for all the time you take to make Flickr a special place for us all. You are a truly special person and a good friend to our beloved bears."
September 15th, 2006
"In the short time since she started the PandasUnlimited group, she's grown tremendously as a photographer specialising in panda photos. She's brought a LOT of joy to a lot of people around the world. Through PandasUnlimited, she's also providing a place for people from diverse backgrounds to meet and chat and share, even tho we've never met one another. She's also set an example so that PU is one of the most caring and fun-filled groups I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. You rock, somesai!"
June 28th, 2006
Your pictures are always the highlight of my day! I went through serious withdrawl while you were on vacation recently...
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOUUUU FOR YOUR GORGEOUS PICTURES OF THESE PRECIOUS PANDAS!"
June 8th, 2006
"Somesai does a fabulous job documenting the lives of our favorite pandas at the DC Zoo. She gets photos of moments in time in the panda's lives that we would never get to see any other way. This includes their interactions with panda staff members we'd mever get to meet either. I feel I know them all now!
Somesai is a wonderful person, extremely giving of her time in bringing them all closer to us. She's also a great photographer!I appreciate her and thank her for that!"
June 3rd, 2006
"Somesai has really helped to bring something special together! She has a kind manner, and a sensitive touch to her lovely photos. She has been key to bringing PandasUnlimited to what it is today."
May 13th, 2006
"Somesai = Professional Panda Photographer. Don't have pandas in your local zoo? No problem! Somesai's photos are the quick fix!
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos Somesai. Keep up the great work! ^___^"
May 7th, 2006
"Her pictures mean so much to me. They truly capture so many different facets of Tai Shan's incredible intelligence, goodness, humor, compassion and "joie de vivre." As someone else said, she is "one" with Tai. The pictures also are important for people who are not fortunate enough to be able to personally visit the zoo."
May 2nd, 2006
"Frances is not only a lover and friend of animals, but also a great humanitarian. She has done so much to document each joyful moment of Butterstick's upbringing and share it with panda lover's throughout the world."
April 17th, 2006
"Pandafix.com said it perfectly: you are one with the panda.
We are so grateful to you for the extraordinary treasury of memorable images that you have given us, for your graphic insights into the panda psyche, and for the really great captions that enhance the images with affection, humor, and knowledge of things panda related. Mostly we thank you for your generous help, advice, assistance, encouragement, good will, and support in Pandasunlimited and elsewhere.
Not quite as an aside, I'd like to include recognition and thanks for Frances' ability to capture the power and grace of the big cat family even as she "gets" the cuddley, cute of the panda.
Thanks for all, Somesai."
April 14th, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken