I'm an artist. You can listen to my music here.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
-- -E. E. Cummings
Read the Blog
Watch the Videos
Listen to the Music
See Tour Dates on Myspace
And then, after you take a nap from sheer exhaustion, if you dig it, buy the CD, somewhere between starving & stardom
The Highway Girl is my website where you'll find the best music in the world! I feature a different artist from a different city and venue each week on my show, The Highway Girl.
follow The Highway Girl on Twitter
Photos of *Samantha Murphy* (4)
- pitchiproject 0 photos, 2 members
- Music Travel Style! 0 photos, 1 member
- Travel Clothing 5 photos, 2 members
- Travel Clothes 0 photos, 1 member
- Valentine Cool 2,068 photos, 510 members
- Beat The Media ... be the media.... i'm media... immédiat 34 photos, 74 members
- Starving Artist / Comment on one after posting 183 photos, 52 members
- Atlanta Networking 0 photos, 78 members
- Atlanta Architecture 2,864 photos, 189 members
- Atlanta: Outside The Perimeter (OTP) 1,818 photos, 116 members
- Atlanta Music Scene 513 photos, 61 members
- Atlanta at Night 2,544 photos, 269 members
- Midtown Atlanta 2,519 photos, 260 members
- Atlanta Scavenger Hunt 911 photos, 131 members
- Creative Loafing Atlanta 25,523 photos, 706 members
- Atlanta Shows 3,170 photos, 113 members
- Atlanta TtV 300 photos, 51 members
- PodCamp Atlanta 301 photos, 50 members
- Atlanta Foodies 1,118 photos, 147 members
- Atlanta Blogs 1,746 photos, 97 members
- Creative Loafing's Atlanta Beer Adventures 171 photos, 61 members
- Atlanta Medium Format & Large Format Photography 674 photos, 69 members
- Explore Atlanta 2,391 photos, 498 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD 57,750 photos, 3,295 members
- Atlanta Graffiti 13,672 photos, 1,325 members
- Atlanta People 7,497 photos, 602 members
- Atlanta 50,150 photos, 3,925 members
- Brightkite 283 photos, 91 members
- Twitter 1,465 photos, 1,696 members
- People wearing T-shirts you don't see every day 127 photos, 31 members
- TechStarsPics 260 photos, 7 members
- TechStars08 191 photos, 2 members
- Women 2.0 361 photos, 79 members
- Raw Art Visionary 56,999 photos, 2,235 members
- "Women Portraits" 346,540 photos, 11,330 members
- Grooveshark.com 192 photos, 16 members
- Gregory Page 0 photos, 1 member
- Molly Jenson 0 photos, 1 member
- Greg Laswell 31 photos, 10 members
- Bird and the Bee 7 photos, 2 members
- Inara George 0 photos, 1 member
- Artistdata 0 photos, 1 member
- Teitur 0 photos, 1 member
- The Break and Repair Method 0 photos, 1 member
- Juliana Hatfield 7 photos, 3 members
- Kate Walsh 0 photos, 1 member
- Jesca Hoop 18 photos, 2 members
- Martha Wainwright 1 photo, 2 members
- David Byrne / Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen To 267 photos, 42 members
- Social Media Club 5,620 photos, 505 members
"Not only is Samantha a wonderful musician.....she also has a fun sense of adventure..giving us bathroom portraits from across america...it is a unique avenue of photography...keep the pictures coming, and the music alive.
November 3rd, 2007
"Bring it on Sam!"
February 18th, 2007
"I simply adore Samantha, she is a lifesize doll!
She has such a wonderful heartfelt way of whisking you away into her world and showing you what life is all about in her eyes. Her music is addictive and sticks to your soul... like BBQ ribs! She has the eyes of a child and the wings of a dove... carries you to places you never want to leave! It's a beautiful view and a comfortable feeling but most of all... she's right there with you ;-)"
XOX I wish you all the love and all the luck!
November 3rd, 2006
"Samantha is gutsy, talented, brave, and with a good heart. Her music -- and her photography -- reflect those very qualities. Her music speaks to us and her images sing. We're very lucky she shares all that with us. Thank you Samantha and God bless you."
November 1st, 2006
"samanthas photographs are whimsical and wonderful... full of joy.i love the self portraits taken all over the place . also love the music. bravo!! madame samantha you rock!!"
October 27th, 2006
WHO? ME? says:
"I and my town salute you; Manchester has bred influential music artists and we would be proud to adopt your lyrical genius and execution as our own. Your imagery has captured me and natural curiosity led me to your music ;many thanks.I look forward to your meteoric success .
I thank you for your inclusion and would advise people reading this to absorb the gift of your talents xx"
October 13th, 2006
"The arts and music world need a people like Samantha. If there' s someone who worth to be heard in this music history time that is : "Samantha Murphy ""
October 3rd, 2006
"vibrant. eccentric. talented.
samantha is a hell of a woman."
September 16th, 2006
Kris Krug says:
"Sam and I are crushin' on each other.
August 28th, 2006
Go Tiger Gosh says:
"U are so gorgeous! I love your photos..."
August 27th, 2006
"Great and fun loving girl, i've always been amazed by her artistic look at life and the way she can focus on the best of times always.
August 27th, 2006
"I only happened to "know" Samantha by her pictures so far - and these are simply great, colorful and a joy to watch!"
August 22nd, 2006
"I don't really know where, or what I should begin with on writing this testimonial about Samantha. Perhaps I should start with how she decided to add me as a contact. Before then, I didn't know her from Adam. I decided to check out her site, listen to a couple of her songs. From there, I was hooked. Samantha has this unique style that sets her apart from other "indie artists". I can easily pop her CD into the player and groove out. Not only is she a great musician, she's just over all a great person. Very friendly with all her emails and what-not. I eagerly await the day that she comes to play in Massachusetts. You won't regret adding this amazing person. OH, and help support the arts and buy her CD. Do it, NOW!"
July 28th, 2006
- *The Highway Girl*
- November 2005
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- The Highway Girl