A. R. Ammons
The photos contained within this photo stream are governed by the following: © 2005-2011 Slight Clutter Photography. All rights reserved.
Licensing Statement and Print Information
Should you be interested in licensing a photo, I can be reached at email@example.com. Thanks!
Should you be interested in getting your hands on a print, you can check out my Etsy shop at www.slightclutter.etsy.com.
Recently I had to submit a bio for a publication, here is the very serious, ever-so-slightly tweaked version...
"Katya began her professional photography career at the youthful age of thirty-five after saying “goodbye” to post MBA fortune and “hello” to a life of impoverished creativity. When not photographing pre-dawn landscapes and the quirky side of life, Katya enjoys rocking out to the Foo Fighters and sipping on diet coke."
**Not trying to be a big meanie, but please don't post photo links to your Flickr page in my comments section. I will delete them. If you want me to see a photo, Flickrmail me.**
I'm a proud member of the Utata group
- Brazos Bend State Park 6,309 photos, 282 members
- Hipstamatic 322,504 photos, 16,787 members
- Photography Blogger 45,567 photos, 3,500 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 17,022 photos, 3,082 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,199 photos, 13,752 members
- Quintessence of Earth: the Trees 1,638 photos, 142 members
- North Alabama Photographers Guild (NAPG) 16,043 photos, 481 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,347 members
- Corporate and business portraits 886 photos, 286 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,241 photos, 22,197 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 177,102 photos, 11,215 members
- Texas Space 736 photos, 68 members
- Scott Kelby's Third Annual Photowalk - Humble, TX 16 photos, 8 members
- Etsy.com love 243,314 photos, 13,741 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,337 members
- Imagekind™ 5,189 photos, 635 members
- Interior Design 83,042 photos, 10,739 members
- CultureMap Houston 707 photos, 53 members
- Texas in the Fog 329 photos, 70 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,099 photos, 18,602 members
- Etsy - Look and Learn 119,079 photos, 7,564 members
- Houston ~ Fourth Largest City 5,363 photos, 236 members
- photography saved my soul 1,897 photos, 202 members
- Autumn colors 195,682 photos, 14,254 members
- New England 165,117 photos, 3,534 members
- The Great North Woods in NH 1,389 photos, 100 members
- Houston Press Flickr Pool 33,127 photos, 969 members
- Birds of Texas 12,828 photos, 305 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,054,473 photos, 32,562 members
- *I Love Birds* 747,400 photos, 18,172 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 186,262 photos, 24,751 members
- Wildlife Photography 736,769 photos, 18,919 members
- squareFormat 962,145 photos, 39,043 members
- Death Valley - February 2010 51 photos, 36 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,942 members
- Obama Nation Posterized 217 photos, 94 members
- $2 Portraits 714 photos, 904 members
- Discovery Green 6,764 photos, 486 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 810,844 photos, 26,409 members
- Flickr Commons 2,504 photos, 2,144 members
- Ballet & Dance 32,043 photos, 3,263 members
- The Mist Fantastic 9,564 photos, 1,545 members
- Hurricane Ike 2008 3,437 photos, 361 members
- Concert Photography 206,599 photos, 37,346 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 25,258 photos, 3,565 members
- Face Your Manga 710 photos, 784 members
- Houston Dr. Sketchy 1,710 photos, 172 members
- Houston Skateboarding 1,235 photos, 64 members
- The Official Houston Roller Derby Group 7,017 photos, 106 members
- Lensbaby 81,424 photos, 9,943 members
"Katya is an artist that looks with her eyes and sees with her heart, so much more than image... each picture makes me feel... and that is art.
Continually exploring and raising the bar - you are an inspiration and mentor without even knowing it.... thank you."
September 8th, 2008
Jeff Milton says:
"Katya's photographs have a unique style and often tell a story. We are blessed to have he share her work with us on flickr."
April 3rd, 2008
"Katya is a uniquely gifted photographer with the ability to see through the lens things many of us wish we could see just with our eyes. It is not just her skill with the camera, but her vision to see things most would overlook and to reveal something about her subject most would miss. Besides her gifts as an artist, she is one of the most kind and thoughtful people I've ever known. Those of us lucky enough to know her are better off for it."
July 1st, 2007
- Kemaha - says:
"Katya, apart from being a brilliant photographer, is a kind considerate woman - and I think that does come through in her images. They seem to have this serene, well thought out feel to them that makes them a pleasure to look at. I love your images Katya, hope to see you go from strength to strength."
June 1st, 2007
"Katya is not just an awe-inspiring photographer, she is also extremely generous with comments and guidance to the rest of the Flickr community. Katya, thank you... I'm glad to call you a friend."
May 5th, 2007
"I think that to take photo is a kind of mission. I can see the beautiful, the peace, the love, all the sweet things of life in slight cutter's photo :) She is absolutely one of my favourite photographer in flickr. Because beautiful is in the small things and she catchs them all :)
December 10th, 2006
"Simply put, Katya's photos are beautiful, insightful, inspiring, and breathtaking. Truly a treasure as both a photographer and a friend, Katya's photos and thoughtfulness are destined to amaze you time after time."
October 12th, 2006
"I've never been so charmed by anyone else's photos. There are two words i love to use to describe her work: charming and enchanting. Take a look and you'll see what i mean!"
July 28th, 2006
"Katya is an artist who's work I have admired from my first days on flickr. Her unerring eye and unmistakeable style is a constant source of amazment and inspiration. Her unfailing comments and encouragment on my stream are always a welcome sight. She is a wonderful friend and a truly gifted photographer."
April 10th, 2006
myla kent says:
"Katya has one of the most beautiful hearts -- I know this because that beauty shines through in every shot she takes. I can't think of a higher compliment to give her except that you'll become totally addicted to her special brand of photographic genius."
March 11th, 2006
"Slight Clutter is truly amazing in many ways. Her work is always of the highest quality. Every Picture she takes looks like it belongs in a Book. Whether it is of a homeless man in Galveston, a duck, or of a washer and dryer in a laundry mat.
She inspires me to continue to Keep working on this hobby that I love, and to strive to be better at it.
Katya Has a huge following and it is very clear why she has so many fans (It is rare when you can actually luck out and be the first too comment on her pictures.)
She Is a nice, incredible and beautiful women and this shines through every time she raises her lens. she Is someone I wish that I could know in my life, Because she is truly a rare and wonderful gem.
Thanks so much Katya"
March 4th, 2006
"Mrs. clutter's photostream is like a poetic Shakespearian setting --- you never really know what is coming next.
I have noticed a gradual shift in her work ever since I began visiting this fashionably artistic location. She is able to capture stunningly pacing foldouts that would forever stand the test of time. Some people find their poetry in the quiet streets of a sleepy town, along the banks of a still lake...and I can only imagine how her work is more like a rendezvous within her, because of that fine eye of the landscape that exists for richness and figures suited to consistently please her.
Please continue snapping, Mrs. Clutter, and I will continuously be captured in that sort of "volume" of things!"
February 18th, 2006
"A spectacular photographer with one of the most unique eyes on Flickr. Her sensitivity to her subjects and appreciation of natural aesthetics bring her images to life. A very special person as well, who I always enjoy seeing in my "comments" section! How can you not love such a wonderful person? Her work as a whole is a self-portrait in itself."
January 30th, 2006
O Caritas says:
"There are many whose streams I visit regularly for the great images I find in them. When I visit Katya's stream, I find not only wonderful photographs but a warm, compassionate beating heart."
December 22nd, 2005
"If I were to associate a month with Katya, I'd say it was June. Her images are filled with the sunlight and colors of late spring time. Bright cool light, before the heat of summer. As in June, her vision of the world bursts forth with life. Sparkingly, rich life captured in cats eyes and the faces in Katrina's wake. And in June we never need a reason to wink and laugh. That unrestrained but gentle humor also finds its way from her heart into her craft."
November 26th, 2005
"Katya's photostream is a wonderful combination of colours, shapes and feelings"
November 24th, 2005
"~I have enjoyed Katya's images for some time now, but I have gained a heightened sense of respect for her after viewing the images she has been taking of the victims of Katrina's path...a fine person, compassionate and her images are indelible~"
September 7th, 2005
"Yeah, she's pretty good."
August 25th, 2005
"Katyas pictures really inspire me to try and do better. The way she captures life in her shots is just amazing, be animal, human or vegetal (hell, she makes rocks look alive). She is also one of the nicest people I've met in flickr. Allways with a nice comment and ready to answer any question."
June 10th, 2005
"I love so much her cat pictures! The other ones are great too, but I'm a cat addicted =^.^=
She always impress me with her awasome pictures of Pushka, Whiska and other felines..."
April 22nd, 2005
"She is a friend. I'm so happy she is."
April 4th, 2005
Bobby Alcott says:
"This testimonial is brought to you by the letter "L".
Now, why would "L" get top billing? Sole sponsorship? Because "L" is the star of Katya's show. Siddown... lemme explain.
"L" stands for Life, the real subject of Katya's work. The soul of life; the breath that you hold in because you're afraid it might be your last. You want life as she knows it? Take a look around you and tell me those kittens aren't alive inside your screen. Tell me you don't FEEL the subjects in her shots; the pain, the joy. Katya brings that to you.
You can't laugh without "L". I bet you knew that. Katya did. Her works make you think about laughing, then realizing you were laughing all along.
Love begins with "L". Some of us proclaim to know Love, as it comes and goes through our lives. Katya knows more. She is more. Her love for people of all races, or animals of all breed, of life in all it's fruit juicy flavors. Let her explain love to you. Relax - you're still sitting.
Love -> Laugh -> Life -> Lens. Simple & beautiful.
Thanks, Katya. For everything you bring."
March 30th, 2005
Images of Elbows says:
"The objects that Katya captures in her photos spark stories and personalities in my head. Statues have stories, hubcaps have a history, landscapes tilt and whirl as if in motion.
Plus, she's got some cats with serious attitude. Don't mess with Pushka Bear!"
March 18th, 2005
"Katya's photography is original, creative, diverse and very personal. Her photographs very much show me how she looks at things and what is important for her in a photo. She invites the viewer to be part of her experience.
Last but not least she has a natural feeling for aesthetics."
March 8th, 2005
"Amazing eye for photography. Her work is very compeling and always stimulates the eye and the mind.
She has a sharp wit and is very tolerant of the attempt at humor from others.
Keep an eye on her stream to see some really compeling photography."
March 1st, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Katya, in a very short time, has become a favorite of mine. Her work is refreshing and there is just so much "personality" in her photos, especially the ones of Pushka. Every week she seems to outdo herself and I've come to expect amazing work from her.
No pressure at all. :)"
February 25th, 2005
- Katya Horner
- February 2005
- Houston, Texas, United States
- I am:
- Slight Clutter Website