Self taught photographer.
Computer geek (not nerd).
My wife considers herself a Computer/Camera Widow.
Father of two sons.
Part time student working on my B.S. Mass Comm New Media Sequence degree from the University of Utah while working Full-Time.
I have always loved photography. I carried a cheap plastic 35mm camera with me everywhere I went. I then bought my first digital camera (1.2 megapixel) in December of 2003. From there Photography kind of faded off until I bought another cheapo 35mm film camera. From there I inherited my Grandfathers Canon AE1 which was way over my head, but I hung onto it for no good reason. I then bought this Minolta digital camera that had a 30x optical zoom that had A, S, M and P settings in 2005. It was really fun and all but it was slow, bulky and burnt through AA's faster than anything I had seen before. I then bought a Canon Powershot SD 750 and fell in love with it. It was awesome. A lot of my older photos on this site are from that camera. From there, I sold my Canon AE1 to help buy my first DSLR, the Nikon D80. That lasted me a year until I had used every feature the camera had to offer and needed more. I was hooked. After having that a little more than a year, I sold that and all my DX glass to help pay for the Nikon D700.
I have left several photos from all of the cameras on my flickr stream. I've been very tempted to return and deleted many of my older, crappier photos, but they are what helped shape my photography. They are what shaped me and nurtured my love for photography. They aren't crappy photos, they are images of my education. For this reason, I leave several of my photos.
Look back, see where I've come from. I did it, so can you, and I still have yet SO MUCH more to learn. I am looking forward to it as you should to.
* The best camera is the one you have with you.
* F/8 and be there.
* Give back to the community.
* Enthusiastically teach others.
* Nikon & Canon are both great. I choose Nikon because I prefer it more than the Canon features. I also like Nikkor Glass.
* Don't be picky about the body you use, It's really all about the glass.
I just recently purchased Photoshop and have started to teach myself as of June 2010. Most of my photos were processed in Lightroom. I<3 Lightroom.
Perl, PHP, Java & CSS are my favorite programming, scripting and styling languages.
Outdoors & Hobbies
I love Fishing, Hunting, Guns, Hiking, Camping, Boating, Sunset, & Swimming.
EuroDance & Vocal Trance are my favorite genres.
Basically everything but Country and Rap.
I live in SLC, Utah
Find me on the web
youtah.com personal site
twitter.com/youtah my twitter account
Check out my Brother-in-law's Account
- Freenode #photography / #photogeeks 2,747 photos, 176 members
- F-Stop - Nature, Landscape & Wildlife 39,487 photos, 1,146 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk: SLC, July 24, 2010 233 photos, 31 members
- Official LDS Church Call for Photos 3,540 photos, 613 members
- Utah Natural Disasters 55 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Addicts 6,468,014 photos, 95,600 members
- No HDR Here 1,085 photos, 50 members
- B+W 604,487 photos, 20,265 members
- artistic photos 171,776 photos, 6,799 members
- Utah Amazing 7,267 photos, 244 members
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City 61 photos, 12 members
- I AM NIKON 894,477 photos, 22,376 members
- Caustics 2,308 photos, 301 members
- National Parks Traveler 11,344 photos, 549 members
- Utah Local Music 303 photos, 36 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,767 photos, 132 members
- Photofocus 57,115 photos, 7,191 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 37,021 photos, 4,635 members
- panoramas 361,348 photos, 49,038 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 25,752 photos, 1,988 members
- Panorami 13,695 photos, 568 members
- creative panorama 2,822 photos, 245 members
- Just Panos 4,796 photos, 368 members
- People-orama 141 photos, 7 members
- U.S. National Parks 162,167 photos, 14,804 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 136,111 photos, 7,550 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 385,496 photos, 11,875 members
- Unaltered Nature and Landscapes 60,570 photos, 3,223 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,128,505 photos, 74,822 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 48,840 photos, 2,199 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 2 127,640 photos, 10,877 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth 38,284 photos, 1,863 members
- Arches National Park 10,987 photos, 1,658 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 5,580 photos, 326 members
- pictureline 3,965 photos, 103 members
- Just PhotoBlogging Photos 150 photos, 25 members
- Salt Lake City - Shooters 521 photos, 42 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 549,041 photos, 17,345 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,911 photos, 13,783 members
- Nikon D700 HDR 3,597 photos, 247 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 125,721 photos, 2,391 members
- Nikon D700 307,364 photos, 15,166 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 64,471 photos, 1,435 members
- Darwin Awards 115 photos, 137 members
- Haunted Utah 278 photos, 52 members
- -The Cafe- 844,716 photos, 25,234 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,128 photos, 3,338 members
- Nikon D80 Feature Game 0 photos, 3 members
- Raft For The Cure 23 photos, 25 members
- Parley's Trail 19 photos, 7 members
Jeff McGrath doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer