Self taught photographer.
Computer geek (not nerd).
My wife considers herself a Computer/Camera Widow.
Father of two sons.
Part time student working on my B.S. Mass Comm New Media Sequence degree from the University of Utah while working Full-Time.
I have always loved photography. I carried a cheap plastic 35mm camera with me everywhere I went. I then bought my first digital camera (1.2 megapixel) in December of 2003. From there Photography kind of faded off until I bought another cheapo 35mm film camera. From there I inherited my Grandfathers Canon AE1 which was way over my head, but I hung onto it for no good reason. I then bought this Minolta digital camera that had a 30x optical zoom that had A, S, M and P settings in 2005. It was really fun and all but it was slow, bulky and burnt through AA's faster than anything I had seen before. I then bought a Canon Powershot SD 750 and fell in love with it. It was awesome. A lot of my older photos on this site are from that camera. From there, I sold my Canon AE1 to help buy my first DSLR, the Nikon D80. That lasted me a year until I had used every feature the camera had to offer and needed more. I was hooked. After having that a little more than a year, I sold that and all my DX glass to help pay for the Nikon D700.
I have left several photos from all of the cameras on my flickr stream. I've been very tempted to return and deleted many of my older, crappier photos, but they are what helped shape my photography. They are what shaped me and nurtured my love for photography. They aren't crappy photos, they are images of my education. For this reason, I leave several of my photos.
Look back, see where I've come from. I did it, so can you, and I still have yet SO MUCH more to learn. I am looking forward to it as you should to.
* The best camera is the one you have with you.
* F/8 and be there.
* Give back to the community.
* Enthusiastically teach others.
* Nikon & Canon are both great. I choose Nikon because I prefer it more than the Canon features. I also like Nikkor Glass.
* Don't be picky about the body you use, It's really all about the glass.
I just recently purchased Photoshop and have started to teach myself as of June 2010. Most of my photos were processed in Lightroom. I<3 Lightroom.
Perl, PHP, Java & CSS are my favorite programming, scripting and styling languages.
Outdoors & Hobbies
I love Fishing, Hunting, Guns, Hiking, Camping, Boating, Sunset, & Swimming.
EuroDance & Vocal Trance are my favorite genres.
Basically everything but Country and Rap.
I live in SLC, Utah
Find me on the web
youtah.com personal site
twitter.com/youtah my twitter account
Check out my Brother-in-law's Account
- Freenode #photography / #photogeeks 2,841 photos, 177 members
- F-Stop - Nature, Landscape & Wildlife 42,263 photos, 1,177 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk: SLC, July 24, 2010 233 photos, 31 members
- Official LDS Church Call for Photos 3,535 photos, 611 members
- Utah Natural Disasters 55 photos, 15 members
- Flickr Addicts 7,088,295 photos, 103,148 members
- No HDR Here 1,105 photos, 51 members
- B+W 657,450 photos, 21,672 members
- artistic photos 189,642 photos, 6,970 members
- Utah Amazing 7,916 photos, 261 members
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City 61 photos, 12 members
- I AM NIKON 1,008,261 photos, 23,782 members
- Caustics 2,325 photos, 302 members
- National Parks Traveler 12,565 photos, 620 members
- Utah Local Music 303 photos, 36 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,767 photos, 132 members
- Photofocus 66,609 photos, 7,379 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 36,981 photos, 4,626 members
- panoramas 397,996 photos, 52,453 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 27,877 photos, 2,081 members
- Panorami 14,239 photos, 574 members
- creative panorama 2,905 photos, 246 members
- Just Panos 5,051 photos, 377 members
- People-orama 141 photos, 7 members
- U.S. National Parks 171,308 photos, 15,397 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 144,288 photos, 7,876 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 406,760 photos, 12,183 members
- Unaltered Nature and Landscapes 62,441 photos, 3,247 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,139,185 photos, 75,517 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 52,755 photos, 2,295 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 2 127,040 photos, 12,041 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth 40,112 photos, 1,874 members
- Arches National Park 11,552 photos, 1,717 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 5,885 photos, 333 members
- pictureline 3,986 photos, 103 members
- Just PhotoBlogging Photos 150 photos, 25 members
- Salt Lake City - Shooters 538 photos, 43 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 589,395 photos, 17,963 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,136 photos, 14,116 members
- Nikon D700 HDR 3,622 photos, 247 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 139,429 photos, 2,518 members
- Nikon D700 314,054 photos, 15,307 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 64,765 photos, 1,452 members
- Darwin Awards 115 photos, 137 members
- Haunted Utah 283 photos, 53 members
- -The Cafe- 891,112 photos, 25,580 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,118 photos, 3,324 members
- Nikon D80 Feature Game 0 photos, 3 members
- Raft For The Cure 23 photos, 25 members
- Parley's Trail 19 photos, 7 members
Jeff McGrath doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer