Self taught photographer.
Computer geek (not nerd).
My wife considers herself a Computer/Camera Widow.
Father of two sons.
Part time student working on my B.S. Mass Comm New Media Sequence degree from the University of Utah while working Full-Time.
I have always loved photography. I carried a cheap plastic 35mm camera with me everywhere I went. I then bought my first digital camera (1.2 megapixel) in December of 2003. From there Photography kind of faded off until I bought another cheapo 35mm film camera. From there I inherited my Grandfathers Canon AE1 which was way over my head, but I hung onto it for no good reason. I then bought this Minolta digital camera that had a 30x optical zoom that had A, S, M and P settings in 2005. It was really fun and all but it was slow, bulky and burnt through AA's faster than anything I had seen before. I then bought a Canon Powershot SD 750 and fell in love with it. It was awesome. A lot of my older photos on this site are from that camera. From there, I sold my Canon AE1 to help buy my first DSLR, the Nikon D80. That lasted me a year until I had used every feature the camera had to offer and needed more. I was hooked. After having that a little more than a year, I sold that and all my DX glass to help pay for the Nikon D700.
I have left several photos from all of the cameras on my flickr stream. I've been very tempted to return and deleted many of my older, crappier photos, but they are what helped shape my photography. They are what shaped me and nurtured my love for photography. They aren't crappy photos, they are images of my education. For this reason, I leave several of my photos.
Look back, see where I've come from. I did it, so can you, and I still have yet SO MUCH more to learn. I am looking forward to it as you should to.
* The best camera is the one you have with you.
* F/8 and be there.
* Give back to the community.
* Enthusiastically teach others.
* Nikon & Canon are both great. I choose Nikon because I prefer it more than the Canon features. I also like Nikkor Glass.
* Don't be picky about the body you use, It's really all about the glass.
I just recently purchased Photoshop and have started to teach myself as of June 2010. Most of my photos were processed in Lightroom. I<3 Lightroom.
Perl, PHP, Java & CSS are my favorite programming, scripting and styling languages.
Outdoors & Hobbies
I love Fishing, Hunting, Guns, Hiking, Camping, Boating, Sunset, & Swimming.
EuroDance & Vocal Trance are my favorite genres.
Basically everything but Country and Rap.
I live in SLC, Utah
Find me on the web
youtah.com personal site
twitter.com/youtah my twitter account
Check out my Brother-in-law's Account
- Freenode #photography / #photogeeks 2,650 photos, 177 members
- F-Stop - Nature, Landscape & Wildlife 37,017 photos, 1,106 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk: SLC, July 24, 2010 233 photos, 31 members
- Official LDS Church Call for Photos 3,556 photos, 616 members
- Utah Natural Disasters 56 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Addicts 5,866,718 photos, 86,903 members
- No HDR Here 1,099 photos, 50 members
- B+W 549,708 photos, 18,653 members
- artistic photos 156,640 photos, 6,560 members
- Utah Amazing 6,641 photos, 212 members
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City 61 photos, 12 members
- I AM NIKON 777,608 photos, 20,815 members
- Caustics 2,294 photos, 298 members
- National Parks Traveler 10,251 photos, 493 members
- Utah Local Music 303 photos, 35 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,761 photos, 132 members
- Photofocus 57,445 photos, 7,210 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 37,174 photos, 4,650 members
- panoramas 331,136 photos, 44,755 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 24,173 photos, 1,904 members
- Panorami 13,078 photos, 552 members
- creative panorama 2,785 photos, 245 members
- Just Panos 4,500 photos, 350 members
- People-orama 140 photos, 6 members
- U.S. National Parks 154,395 photos, 14,176 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 128,667 photos, 7,195 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 363,046 photos, 11,546 members
- Unaltered Nature and Landscapes 59,199 photos, 3,204 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,161,284 photos, 74,582 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 45,483 photos, 2,061 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 2 123,022 photos, 9,571 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth 35,999 photos, 1,844 members
- Arches National Park 10,231 photos, 1,577 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 5,147 photos, 311 members
- pictureline 3,939 photos, 104 members
- Just PhotoBlogging Photos 150 photos, 25 members
- Salt Lake City - Shooters 494 photos, 40 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 503,532 photos, 16,761 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 91,601 photos, 13,446 members
- Nikon D700 HDR 3,566 photos, 244 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 112,951 photos, 2,232 members
- Nikon D700 299,805 photos, 15,007 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 63,420 photos, 1,422 members
- Darwin Awards 115 photos, 137 members
- Haunted Utah 283 photos, 52 members
- -The Cafe- 792,267 photos, 24,888 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,131 photos, 3,350 members
- Nikon D80 Feature Game 0 photos, 4 members
- Raft For The Cure 23 photos, 25 members
- Parley's Trail 19 photos, 7 members
Jeff McGrath doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer