Self taught photographer.
Computer geek (not nerd).
My wife considers herself a Computer/Camera Widow.
Father of two sons.
Part time student working on my B.S. Mass Comm New Media Sequence degree from the University of Utah while working Full-Time.
I have always loved photography. I carried a cheap plastic 35mm camera with me everywhere I went. I then bought my first digital camera (1.2 megapixel) in December of 2003. From there Photography kind of faded off until I bought another cheapo 35mm film camera. From there I inherited my Grandfathers Canon AE1 which was way over my head, but I hung onto it for no good reason. I then bought this Minolta digital camera that had a 30x optical zoom that had A, S, M and P settings in 2005. It was really fun and all but it was slow, bulky and burnt through AA's faster than anything I had seen before. I then bought a Canon Powershot SD 750 and fell in love with it. It was awesome. A lot of my older photos on this site are from that camera. From there, I sold my Canon AE1 to help buy my first DSLR, the Nikon D80. That lasted me a year until I had used every feature the camera had to offer and needed more. I was hooked. After having that a little more than a year, I sold that and all my DX glass to help pay for the Nikon D700.
I have left several photos from all of the cameras on my flickr stream. I've been very tempted to return and deleted many of my older, crappier photos, but they are what helped shape my photography. They are what shaped me and nurtured my love for photography. They aren't crappy photos, they are images of my education. For this reason, I leave several of my photos.
Look back, see where I've come from. I did it, so can you, and I still have yet SO MUCH more to learn. I am looking forward to it as you should to.
* The best camera is the one you have with you.
* F/8 and be there.
* Give back to the community.
* Enthusiastically teach others.
* Nikon & Canon are both great. I choose Nikon because I prefer it more than the Canon features. I also like Nikkor Glass.
* Don't be picky about the body you use, It's really all about the glass.
I just recently purchased Photoshop and have started to teach myself as of June 2010. Most of my photos were processed in Lightroom. I<3 Lightroom.
Perl, PHP, Java & CSS are my favorite programming, scripting and styling languages.
Outdoors & Hobbies
I love Fishing, Hunting, Guns, Hiking, Camping, Boating, Sunset, & Swimming.
EuroDance & Vocal Trance are my favorite genres.
Basically everything but Country and Rap.
I live in SLC, Utah
Find me on the web
youtah.com personal site
twitter.com/youtah my twitter account
Check out my Brother-in-law's Account
- Freenode #photography / #photogeeks 2,894 photos, 180 members
- F-Stop - Nature, Landscape & Wildlife 43,542 photos, 1,197 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk: SLC, July 24, 2010 233 photos, 31 members
- Official LDS Church Call for Photos 3,533 photos, 607 members
- Utah Natural Disasters 55 photos, 15 members
- Flickr Addicts 7,436,899 photos, 107,035 members
- No HDR Here 1,107 photos, 51 members
- B+W 687,196 photos, 22,358 members
- artistic photos 196,477 photos, 7,105 members
- Utah Amazing 9,159 photos, 286 members
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City 61 photos, 13 members
- I AM NIKON 1,074,553 photos, 24,747 members
- Caustics 2,326 photos, 303 members
- National Parks Traveler 13,337 photos, 651 members
- Utah Local Music 303 photos, 36 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,767 photos, 132 members
- Photofocus 68,233 photos, 7,555 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 36,967 photos, 4,627 members
- panoramas 419,591 photos, 54,156 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 29,839 photos, 2,137 members
- Panorami 14,472 photos, 582 members
- creative panorama 2,969 photos, 248 members
- Just Panos 5,207 photos, 386 members
- People-orama 141 photos, 7 members
- U.S. National Parks 176,243 photos, 15,678 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 148,630 photos, 8,033 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 419,634 photos, 12,369 members
- Unaltered Nature and Landscapes 63,145 photos, 3,255 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,147,008 photos, 75,792 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 55,118 photos, 2,356 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 2 126,328 photos, 12,689 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth 40,985 photos, 1,871 members
- Arches National Park 11,931 photos, 1,741 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 6,103 photos, 340 members
- pictureline 4,002 photos, 103 members
- Just PhotoBlogging Photos 150 photos, 25 members
- Salt Lake City - Shooters 542 photos, 41 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 614,881 photos, 18,311 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,010 photos, 14,267 members
- Nikon D700 HDR 3,359 photos, 250 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 146,934 photos, 2,619 members
- Nikon D700 317,184 photos, 15,416 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 65,333 photos, 1,471 members
- Darwin Awards 114 photos, 137 members
- Haunted Utah 284 photos, 54 members
- -The Cafe- 917,356 photos, 25,743 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,109 photos, 3,316 members
- Nikon D80 Feature Game 0 photos, 3 members
- Raft For The Cure 23 photos, 25 members
- Parley's Trail 19 photos, 7 members
Jeff McGrath doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer