Self taught photographer.
Computer geek (not nerd).
My wife considers herself a Computer/Camera Widow.
Father of two sons.
Part time student working on my B.S. Mass Comm New Media Sequence degree from the University of Utah while working Full-Time.
I have always loved photography. I carried a cheap plastic 35mm camera with me everywhere I went. I then bought my first digital camera (1.2 megapixel) in December of 2003. From there Photography kind of faded off until I bought another cheapo 35mm film camera. From there I inherited my Grandfathers Canon AE1 which was way over my head, but I hung onto it for no good reason. I then bought this Minolta digital camera that had a 30x optical zoom that had A, S, M and P settings in 2005. It was really fun and all but it was slow, bulky and burnt through AA's faster than anything I had seen before. I then bought a Canon Powershot SD 750 and fell in love with it. It was awesome. A lot of my older photos on this site are from that camera. From there, I sold my Canon AE1 to help buy my first DSLR, the Nikon D80. That lasted me a year until I had used every feature the camera had to offer and needed more. I was hooked. After having that a little more than a year, I sold that and all my DX glass to help pay for the Nikon D700.
I have left several photos from all of the cameras on my flickr stream. I've been very tempted to return and deleted many of my older, crappier photos, but they are what helped shape my photography. They are what shaped me and nurtured my love for photography. They aren't crappy photos, they are images of my education. For this reason, I leave several of my photos.
Look back, see where I've come from. I did it, so can you, and I still have yet SO MUCH more to learn. I am looking forward to it as you should to.
* The best camera is the one you have with you.
* F/8 and be there.
* Give back to the community.
* Enthusiastically teach others.
* Nikon & Canon are both great. I choose Nikon because I prefer it more than the Canon features. I also like Nikkor Glass.
* Don't be picky about the body you use, It's really all about the glass.
I just recently purchased Photoshop and have started to teach myself as of June 2010. Most of my photos were processed in Lightroom. I<3 Lightroom.
Perl, PHP, Java & CSS are my favorite programming, scripting and styling languages.
Outdoors & Hobbies
I love Fishing, Hunting, Guns, Hiking, Camping, Boating, Sunset, & Swimming.
EuroDance & Vocal Trance are my favorite genres.
Basically everything but Country and Rap.
I live in SLC, Utah
Find me on the web
youtah.com personal site
twitter.com/youtah my twitter account
Check out my Brother-in-law's Account
- Freenode #photography / #photogeeks 2,784 photos, 175 members
- F-Stop - Nature, Landscape & Wildlife 40,123 photos, 1,157 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk: SLC, July 24, 2010 233 photos, 31 members
- Official LDS Church Call for Photos 3,540 photos, 614 members
- Utah Natural Disasters 55 photos, 15 members
- Flickr Addicts 6,646,983 photos, 97,996 members
- No HDR Here 1,089 photos, 50 members
- B+W 619,152 photos, 20,736 members
- artistic photos 180,192 photos, 6,858 members
- Utah Amazing 7,411 photos, 249 members
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City 61 photos, 12 members
- I AM NIKON 926,921 photos, 22,789 members
- Caustics 2,310 photos, 301 members
- National Parks Traveler 11,654 photos, 568 members
- Utah Local Music 303 photos, 36 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,767 photos, 132 members
- Photofocus 57,089 photos, 7,197 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 37,032 photos, 4,636 members
- panoramas 371,706 photos, 50,113 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 26,266 photos, 2,014 members
- Panorami 13,900 photos, 569 members
- creative panorama 2,855 photos, 245 members
- Just Panos 4,859 photos, 374 members
- People-orama 141 photos, 7 members
- U.S. National Parks 164,701 photos, 15,008 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 138,532 photos, 7,673 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 391,888 photos, 11,978 members
- Unaltered Nature and Landscapes 61,042 photos, 3,231 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,130,652 photos, 75,040 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 49,953 photos, 2,229 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 2 127,777 photos, 11,249 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth 38,910 photos, 1,867 members
- Arches National Park 11,178 photos, 1,676 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 5,637 photos, 327 members
- pictureline 3,969 photos, 103 members
- Just PhotoBlogging Photos 150 photos, 25 members
- Salt Lake City - Shooters 529 photos, 42 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 560,791 photos, 17,529 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,007 photos, 13,897 members
- Nikon D700 HDR 3,614 photos, 247 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 129,525 photos, 2,427 members
- Nikon D700 309,262 photos, 15,196 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 65,027 photos, 1,442 members
- Darwin Awards 115 photos, 137 members
- Haunted Utah 282 photos, 52 members
- -The Cafe- 858,025 photos, 25,357 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,134 photos, 3,331 members
- Nikon D80 Feature Game 0 photos, 3 members
- Raft For The Cure 23 photos, 25 members
- Parley's Trail 19 photos, 7 members
Jeff McGrath doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer