Self taught photographer.
Computer geek (not nerd).
My wife considers herself a Computer/Camera Widow.
Father of two sons.
Part time student working on my B.S. Mass Comm New Media Sequence degree from the University of Utah while working Full-Time.
I have always loved photography. I carried a cheap plastic 35mm camera with me everywhere I went. I then bought my first digital camera (1.2 megapixel) in December of 2003. From there Photography kind of faded off until I bought another cheapo 35mm film camera. From there I inherited my Grandfathers Canon AE1 which was way over my head, but I hung onto it for no good reason. I then bought this Minolta digital camera that had a 30x optical zoom that had A, S, M and P settings in 2005. It was really fun and all but it was slow, bulky and burnt through AA's faster than anything I had seen before. I then bought a Canon Powershot SD 750 and fell in love with it. It was awesome. A lot of my older photos on this site are from that camera. From there, I sold my Canon AE1 to help buy my first DSLR, the Nikon D80. That lasted me a year until I had used every feature the camera had to offer and needed more. I was hooked. After having that a little more than a year, I sold that and all my DX glass to help pay for the Nikon D700.
I have left several photos from all of the cameras on my flickr stream. I've been very tempted to return and deleted many of my older, crappier photos, but they are what helped shape my photography. They are what shaped me and nurtured my love for photography. They aren't crappy photos, they are images of my education. For this reason, I leave several of my photos.
Look back, see where I've come from. I did it, so can you, and I still have yet SO MUCH more to learn. I am looking forward to it as you should to.
* The best camera is the one you have with you.
* F/8 and be there.
* Give back to the community.
* Enthusiastically teach others.
* Nikon & Canon are both great. I choose Nikon because I prefer it more than the Canon features. I also like Nikkor Glass.
* Don't be picky about the body you use, It's really all about the glass.
I just recently purchased Photoshop and have started to teach myself as of June 2010. Most of my photos were processed in Lightroom. I<3 Lightroom.
Perl, PHP, Java & CSS are my favorite programming, scripting and styling languages.
Outdoors & Hobbies
I love Fishing, Hunting, Guns, Hiking, Camping, Boating, Sunset, & Swimming.
EuroDance & Vocal Trance are my favorite genres.
Basically everything but Country and Rap.
I live in SLC, Utah
Find me on the web
youtah.com personal site
twitter.com/youtah my twitter account
Check out my Brother-in-law's Account
- Freenode #photography / #photogeeks 2,662 photos, 177 members
- F-Stop - Nature, Landscape & Wildlife 37,587 photos, 1,116 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk: SLC, July 24, 2010 233 photos, 31 members
- Official LDS Church Call for Photos 3,554 photos, 616 members
- Utah Natural Disasters 56 photos, 14 members
- Flickr Addicts 6,004,819 photos, 89,008 members
- No HDR Here 1,099 photos, 50 members
- B+W 561,889 photos, 19,017 members
- artistic photos 159,354 photos, 6,621 members
- Utah Amazing 6,831 photos, 224 members
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City 61 photos, 12 members
- I AM NIKON 805,026 photos, 21,197 members
- Caustics 2,298 photos, 300 members
- National Parks Traveler 10,467 photos, 506 members
- Utah Local Music 303 photos, 35 members
- SLC Photo Club 1,767 photos, 132 members
- Photofocus 57,400 photos, 7,210 members
- Explore My Photostream (Leave 3 QUALITY Comments) 37,127 photos, 4,644 members
- panoramas 337,119 photos, 45,782 members
- panorama ( panoramic image's ) 24,583 photos, 1,922 members
- Panorami 13,195 photos, 556 members
- creative panorama 2,794 photos, 245 members
- Just Panos 4,573 photos, 350 members
- People-orama 140 photos, 6 members
- U.S. National Parks 155,938 photos, 14,301 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 130,111 photos, 7,262 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 367,708 photos, 11,631 members
- Unaltered Nature and Landscapes 59,483 photos, 3,209 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,150,581 photos, 74,646 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 46,121 photos, 2,094 members
- Landscape,Seascape,Skyscape QUALITY Photography! Post 1 Award 2 125,715 photos, 9,851 members
- Mother Nature's Green Earth 36,540 photos, 1,852 members
- Arches National Park 10,353 photos, 1,593 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 5,310 photos, 314 members
- pictureline 3,940 photos, 104 members
- Just PhotoBlogging Photos 150 photos, 25 members
- Salt Lake City - Shooters 502 photos, 40 members
- Amateur Digital Photography/Help and Ideas 513,449 photos, 16,910 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 92,511 photos, 13,543 members
- Nikon D700 HDR 3,581 photos, 244 members
- Nikon Full Frame Cameras. 116,216 photos, 2,262 members
- Nikon D700 301,759 photos, 15,045 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 63,795 photos, 1,423 members
- Darwin Awards 115 photos, 137 members
- Haunted Utah 283 photos, 52 members
- -The Cafe- 804,261 photos, 24,992 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 10,125 photos, 3,348 members
- Nikon D80 Feature Game 0 photos, 4 members
- Raft For The Cure 23 photos, 25 members
- Parley's Trail 19 photos, 7 members
Jeff McGrath doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer