FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (9)
- If You Leave - Open Submissions (2017 SUBMISSION NOW CLOSED, ope 14,128 photos, 5,697 members
- France analogue 5,869 photos, 144 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 73,740 photos, 10,389 members
- minolta CLE 5,054 photos, 533 members
- CL & CLE 5,860 photos, 413 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 289 photos, 1,161 members
- Nikon F3 54,173 photos, 3,764 members
- B&W Film 99,445 photos, 2,022 members
- Golden Hour Film 2,309 photos, 127 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 48,577 photos, 679 members
- Tokyo on Film 12,447 photos, 441 members
- AutoCord 10,912 photos, 955 members
- Film in San Francisco 16,870 photos, 715 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 73,296 photos, 2,387 members
- The Sandman Cometh 791 photos, 335 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,842,883 photos, 115,088 members
- Photo Infos 187,340 photos, 4,670 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 3,038 photos, 299 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 250,706 photos, 4,649 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 89,898 photos, 9,694 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 5,847 photos, 638 members
- Models 475,444 photos, 20,378 members
- flickr Tokyo 238,778 photos, 4,599 members
- unsuspecting 11,312 photos, 584 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,322 photos, 1,819 members
- Analogue Sunrise 179,676 photos, 3,684 members
- I Hate Digital! 250,172 photos, 4,197 members
- Coney Island 34,397 photos, 2,362 members
- Candid Revelations 5,748 photos, 1,094 members
- Food Snots 25,652 photos, 1,957 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 34,338 photos, 4,184 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 164,954 photos, 17,831 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 39,029 photos, 833 members
- Analog Photography 2,260,223 photos, 50,914 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 437,476 photos, 29,653 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 106,672 photos, 2,814 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 6 members
- 100 Strangers 49,322 photos, 11,706 members
- Bicycle Belles 31,024 photos, 1,572 members
- New Years 2011 235 photos, 162 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 1,153 photos, 87 members
- Double Exposure 114,782 photos, 33,327 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 2,470 photos, 133 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,238 photos, 90 members
- Champaign, IL 3,078 photos, 306 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 72,767 photos, 2,409 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,526 photos, 130 members
- Recipes to Share 38,977 photos, 20,832 members
- Obama Street Art 1,497 photos, 599 members
- Desert Decay 8,924 photos, 1,147 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's Cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: