FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (10)
- If You Leave 8,021 photos, 4,362 members
- France analogue 3,045 photos, 110 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 65,194 photos, 7,611 members
- minolta CLE 3,651 photos, 370 members
- CL & CLE 3,780 photos, 261 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 302 photos, 607 members
- Nikon F3 43,992 photos, 2,789 members
- B&W Film 61,847 photos, 1,264 members
- Golden Hour Film 705 photos, 52 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 17,401 photos, 326 members
- Tokyo on Film 9,407 photos, 337 members
- AutoCord 8,261 photos, 715 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,182 photos, 659 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 54,643 photos, 1,680 members
- The Sandman Cometh 551 photos, 249 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,030,911 photos, 93,080 members
- Photo Infos 132,946 photos, 4,115 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,914 photos, 268 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 151,283 photos, 3,362 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 67,102 photos, 6,780 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 4,894 photos, 615 members
- Models 338,934 photos, 15,941 members
- flickr Tokyo 192,713 photos, 3,933 members
- unsuspecting 9,881 photos, 545 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,558 photos, 1,831 members
- Analogue Sunrise 109,567 photos, 2,927 members
- I Hate Digital! 211,904 photos, 3,731 members
- Coney Island 29,660 photos, 2,241 members
- Candid Revelations 5,363 photos, 840 members
- Food Snots 20,370 photos, 1,734 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 21,157 photos, 2,397 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 137,203 photos, 12,445 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 32,424 photos, 771 members
- Analog Photography 1,785,454 photos, 39,531 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 373,165 photos, 28,291 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 68,409 photos, 2,097 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 7 members
- 100 Strangers 45,615 photos, 10,563 members
- Bicycle Belles 23,143 photos, 1,305 members
- New Years 2011 232 photos, 170 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 852 photos, 66 members
- Double Exposure 108,669 photos, 25,560 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,298 photos, 76 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 1,992 photos, 90 members
- Champaign, IL 2,764 photos, 293 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 36,970 photos, 1,475 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,285 photos, 133 members
- Recipes to Share 36,527 photos, 17,473 members
- Obama Street Art 1,516 photos, 604 members
- Desert Decay 6,185 photos, 983 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: