FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (11)
- If You Leave Showcase - 2015 9,934 photos, 4,784 members
- France analogue 3,569 photos, 115 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 66,252 photos, 8,554 members
- minolta CLE 3,880 photos, 404 members
- CL & CLE 4,117 photos, 289 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 305 photos, 693 members
- Nikon F3 46,201 photos, 2,970 members
- B&W Film 68,742 photos, 1,443 members
- Golden Hour Film 1,020 photos, 68 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 23,374 photos, 417 members
- Tokyo on Film 10,138 photos, 356 members
- AutoCord 8,962 photos, 764 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,357 photos, 675 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 58,433 photos, 1,817 members
- The Sandman Cometh 644 photos, 272 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,597,138 photos, 98,036 members
- Photo Infos 142,326 photos, 4,232 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,923 photos, 271 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 167,532 photos, 3,639 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 72,362 photos, 7,394 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 4,842 photos, 619 members
- Models 364,387 photos, 16,982 members
- flickr Tokyo 202,036 photos, 4,048 members
- unsuspecting 10,154 photos, 554 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,462 photos, 1,844 members
- Analogue Sunrise 123,997 photos, 3,145 members
- I Hate Digital! 225,098 photos, 3,869 members
- Coney Island 31,646 photos, 2,276 members
- Candid Revelations 5,466 photos, 903 members
- Food Snots 21,324 photos, 1,785 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 24,092 photos, 2,726 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 142,955 photos, 13,968 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 34,889 photos, 788 members
- Analog Photography 1,900,569 photos, 42,922 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 386,261 photos, 28,614 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 77,381 photos, 2,273 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 6 members
- 100 Strangers 47,440 photos, 11,013 members
- Bicycle Belles 23,877 photos, 1,367 members
- New Years 2011 232 photos, 169 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 871 photos, 68 members
- Double Exposure 109,373 photos, 27,805 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,510 photos, 86 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,025 photos, 91 members
- Champaign, IL 2,859 photos, 298 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 44,253 photos, 1,720 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,300 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 37,105 photos, 18,493 members
- Obama Street Art 1,514 photos, 602 members
- Desert Decay 6,813 photos, 1,012 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: