FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (10)
- If You Leave 10,573 photos, 5,002 members
- France analogue 3,888 photos, 123 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 67,564 photos, 9,058 members
- minolta CLE 4,074 photos, 426 members
- CL & CLE 4,429 photos, 308 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 302 photos, 730 members
- Nikon F3 47,477 photos, 3,105 members
- B&W Film 72,822 photos, 1,557 members
- Golden Hour Film 1,314 photos, 81 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 27,451 photos, 468 members
- Tokyo on Film 10,607 photos, 376 members
- AutoCord 9,311 photos, 794 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,660 photos, 686 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 61,363 photos, 1,958 members
- The Sandman Cometh 667 photos, 282 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,008,634 photos, 101,443 members
- Photo Infos 149,844 photos, 4,342 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,885 photos, 275 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 180,215 photos, 3,860 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 75,579 photos, 7,717 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 5,012 photos, 619 members
- Models 386,235 photos, 17,696 members
- flickr Tokyo 209,526 photos, 4,150 members
- unsuspecting 10,352 photos, 564 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,424 photos, 1,850 members
- Analogue Sunrise 135,528 photos, 3,309 members
- I Hate Digital! 233,735 photos, 3,949 members
- Coney Island 31,790 photos, 2,291 members
- Candid Revelations 5,510 photos, 940 members
- Food Snots 22,369 photos, 1,818 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 26,057 photos, 2,953 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 147,072 photos, 14,805 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 31,713 photos, 800 members
- Analog Photography 1,979,744 photos, 44,968 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 394,947 photos, 28,821 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 83,450 photos, 2,366 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 6 members
- 100 Strangers 48,007 photos, 11,236 members
- Bicycle Belles 25,976 photos, 1,460 members
- New Years 2011 228 photos, 166 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 899 photos, 70 members
- Double Exposure 110,352 photos, 29,169 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,550 photos, 88 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,032 photos, 91 members
- Champaign, IL 2,950 photos, 305 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 49,046 photos, 1,872 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,348 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 37,518 photos, 19,056 members
- Obama Street Art 1,513 photos, 602 members
- Desert Decay 7,378 photos, 1,042 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: