FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (10)
- If You Leave 7,727 photos, 4,277 members
- France analogue 2,889 photos, 107 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 64,252 photos, 7,408 members
- minolta CLE 3,622 photos, 369 members
- CL & CLE 3,731 photos, 260 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 302 photos, 589 members
- Nikon F3 43,870 photos, 2,757 members
- B&W Film 60,822 photos, 1,237 members
- Golden Hour Film 670 photos, 50 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 16,284 photos, 303 members
- Tokyo on Film 9,275 photos, 331 members
- AutoCord 8,164 photos, 707 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,167 photos, 657 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 53,910 photos, 1,641 members
- The Sandman Cometh 539 photos, 242 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,929,006 photos, 92,126 members
- Photo Infos 131,112 photos, 4,088 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,904 photos, 266 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 147,981 photos, 3,280 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 66,331 photos, 6,651 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 4,864 photos, 614 members
- Models 335,128 photos, 15,788 members
- flickr Tokyo 190,914 photos, 3,909 members
- unsuspecting 9,850 photos, 547 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,554 photos, 1,832 members
- Analogue Sunrise 106,487 photos, 2,864 members
- I Hate Digital! 209,498 photos, 3,699 members
- Coney Island 29,635 photos, 2,236 members
- Candid Revelations 5,338 photos, 832 members
- Food Snots 20,144 photos, 1,727 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 21,037 photos, 2,333 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 135,936 photos, 12,114 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 31,878 photos, 765 members
- Analog Photography 1,761,576 photos, 38,917 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 370,959 photos, 28,237 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 66,857 photos, 2,061 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 7 members
- 100 Strangers 45,083 photos, 10,497 members
- Bicycle Belles 22,849 photos, 1,293 members
- New Years 2011 233 photos, 170 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 847 photos, 67 members
- Double Exposure 108,403 photos, 25,141 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,226 photos, 73 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 1,984 photos, 90 members
- Champaign, IL 2,744 photos, 292 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 35,509 photos, 1,426 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,281 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 36,365 photos, 17,268 members
- Obama Street Art 1,516 photos, 605 members
- Desert Decay 6,113 photos, 978 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: