FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (11)
- IYL Showcase - 2015 10,005 photos, 4,805 members
- France analogue 3,492 photos, 113 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 65,753 photos, 8,356 members
- minolta CLE 3,816 photos, 399 members
- CL & CLE 4,008 photos, 283 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 302 photos, 687 members
- Nikon F3 45,729 photos, 2,927 members
- B&W Film 66,792 photos, 1,414 members
- Golden Hour Film 904 photos, 64 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 21,867 photos, 403 members
- Tokyo on Film 9,966 photos, 350 members
- AutoCord 8,824 photos, 757 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,241 photos, 672 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 57,416 photos, 1,788 members
- The Sandman Cometh 619 photos, 267 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,450,421 photos, 96,865 members
- Photo Infos 140,415 photos, 4,209 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,903 photos, 270 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 162,644 photos, 3,561 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 71,069 photos, 7,265 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 5,012 photos, 618 members
- Models 357,906 photos, 16,726 members
- flickr Tokyo 199,602 photos, 4,030 members
- unsuspecting 10,215 photos, 553 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,499 photos, 1,841 members
- Analogue Sunrise 120,416 photos, 3,093 members
- I Hate Digital! 222,187 photos, 3,844 members
- Coney Island 31,449 photos, 2,269 members
- Candid Revelations 5,432 photos, 892 members
- Food Snots 21,026 photos, 1,768 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 23,246 photos, 2,631 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 141,153 photos, 13,621 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 34,372 photos, 786 members
- Analog Photography 1,873,115 photos, 42,153 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 383,024 photos, 28,519 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 74,969 photos, 2,225 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 7 members
- 100 Strangers 47,239 photos, 10,919 members
- Bicycle Belles 23,531 photos, 1,357 members
- New Years 2011 232 photos, 170 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 868 photos, 66 members
- Double Exposure 109,595 photos, 27,310 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,462 photos, 83 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,013 photos, 91 members
- Champaign, IL 2,840 photos, 298 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 42,489 photos, 1,671 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,297 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 36,968 photos, 18,247 members
- Obama Street Art 1,514 photos, 603 members
- Desert Decay 6,686 photos, 1,006 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: