FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (10)
- If You Leave 12,864 photos, 5,434 members
- France analogue 4,352 photos, 131 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 70,104 photos, 9,713 members
- minolta CLE 4,321 photos, 456 members
- CL & CLE 4,708 photos, 341 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 299 photos, 925 members
- Nikon F3 49,403 photos, 3,348 members
- B&W Film 81,894 photos, 1,713 members
- Golden Hour Film 1,674 photos, 97 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 34,269 photos, 531 members
- Tokyo on Film 11,468 photos, 403 members
- AutoCord 10,013 photos, 847 members
- Film in San Francisco 15,229 photos, 702 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 65,803 photos, 2,110 members
- The Sandman Cometh 712 photos, 294 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,641,571 photos, 105,442 members
- Photo Infos 163,458 photos, 4,480 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,913 photos, 281 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 203,772 photos, 4,122 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 80,657 photos, 8,412 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 5,346 photos, 643 members
- Models 414,509 photos, 18,563 members
- flickr Tokyo 218,465 photos, 4,289 members
- unsuspecting 10,475 photos, 567 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,454 photos, 1,840 members
- Analogue Sunrise 152,368 photos, 3,474 members
- I Hate Digital! 249,744 photos, 4,036 members
- Coney Island 32,979 photos, 2,320 members
- Candid Revelations 5,613 photos, 984 members
- Food Snots 23,254 photos, 1,862 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 28,840 photos, 3,342 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 153,119 photos, 16,151 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 34,222 photos, 808 members
- Analog Photography 2,113,032 photos, 47,759 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 407,739 photos, 29,123 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 93,257 photos, 2,498 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 6 members
- 100 Strangers 49,139 photos, 11,472 members
- Bicycle Belles 28,858 photos, 1,537 members
- New Years 2011 234 photos, 165 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 964 photos, 79 members
- Double Exposure 111,867 photos, 30,922 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,814 photos, 109 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,056 photos, 91 members
- Champaign, IL 2,980 photos, 307 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 58,096 photos, 2,084 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,398 photos, 131 members
- Recipes to Share 38,004 photos, 19,885 members
- Obama Street Art 1,500 photos, 600 members
- Desert Decay 7,940 photos, 1,088 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: