FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (11)
- If You Leave Showcase - 2015 9,916 photos, 4,765 members
- France analogue 3,741 photos, 118 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 66,799 photos, 8,763 members
- minolta CLE 3,963 photos, 409 members
- CL & CLE 4,245 photos, 296 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 304 photos, 701 members
- Nikon F3 46,944 photos, 3,020 members
- B&W Film 70,136 photos, 1,484 members
- Golden Hour Film 1,078 photos, 72 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 25,200 photos, 441 members
- Tokyo on Film 10,258 photos, 361 members
- AutoCord 9,112 photos, 778 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,468 photos, 679 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 59,584 photos, 1,874 members
- The Sandman Cometh 663 photos, 279 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,764,187 photos, 99,341 members
- Photo Infos 144,855 photos, 4,279 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,920 photos, 273 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 172,422 photos, 3,735 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 73,945 photos, 7,527 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 4,891 photos, 620 members
- Models 372,628 photos, 17,265 members
- flickr Tokyo 205,112 photos, 4,087 members
- unsuspecting 10,255 photos, 557 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,440 photos, 1,847 members
- Analogue Sunrise 128,390 photos, 3,201 members
- I Hate Digital! 228,796 photos, 3,901 members
- Coney Island 31,622 photos, 2,283 members
- Candid Revelations 5,485 photos, 917 members
- Food Snots 21,805 photos, 1,803 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 25,047 photos, 2,811 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 144,862 photos, 14,307 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 34,096 photos, 791 members
- Analog Photography 1,932,924 photos, 43,785 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 389,709 photos, 28,705 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 80,128 photos, 2,307 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 6 members
- 100 Strangers 47,557 photos, 11,081 members
- Bicycle Belles 25,067 photos, 1,436 members
- New Years 2011 234 photos, 168 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 876 photos, 68 members
- Double Exposure 110,060 photos, 28,362 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,495 photos, 86 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,030 photos, 91 members
- Champaign, IL 2,908 photos, 300 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 45,939 photos, 1,769 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,310 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 37,063 photos, 18,723 members
- Obama Street Art 1,513 photos, 602 members
- Desert Decay 7,073 photos, 1,022 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: