FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (10)
- If You Leave 7,499 photos, 4,207 members
- France analogue 2,818 photos, 102 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 63,769 photos, 7,253 members
- minolta CLE 3,593 photos, 362 members
- CL & CLE 3,680 photos, 260 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 302 photos, 578 members
- Nikon F3 43,544 photos, 2,735 members
- B&W Film 60,168 photos, 1,219 members
- Golden Hour Film 641 photos, 48 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 15,284 photos, 285 members
- Tokyo on Film 9,135 photos, 331 members
- AutoCord 8,056 photos, 699 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,090 photos, 651 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 53,394 photos, 1,621 members
- The Sandman Cometh 526 photos, 237 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,854,651 photos, 91,268 members
- Photo Infos 129,807 photos, 4,065 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,893 photos, 266 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 145,648 photos, 3,238 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 65,744 photos, 6,574 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 4,817 photos, 612 members
- Models 330,867 photos, 15,673 members
- flickr Tokyo 189,701 photos, 3,890 members
- unsuspecting 9,827 photos, 545 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,550 photos, 1,830 members
- Analogue Sunrise 104,102 photos, 2,813 members
- I Hate Digital! 207,694 photos, 3,677 members
- Coney Island 29,568 photos, 2,236 members
- Candid Revelations 5,313 photos, 828 members
- Food Snots 19,979 photos, 1,726 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 20,714 photos, 2,285 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 135,219 photos, 11,896 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 31,307 photos, 759 members
- Analog Photography 1,745,007 photos, 38,455 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 369,073 photos, 28,201 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 65,597 photos, 2,045 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 7 members
- 100 Strangers 44,745 photos, 10,440 members
- Bicycle Belles 22,345 photos, 1,260 members
- New Years 2011 232 photos, 170 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 847 photos, 67 members
- Double Exposure 108,105 photos, 24,826 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,180 photos, 71 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 1,793 photos, 89 members
- Champaign, IL 2,735 photos, 293 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 34,563 photos, 1,393 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,269 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 36,264 photos, 17,120 members
- Obama Street Art 1,515 photos, 605 members
- Desert Decay 6,032 photos, 974 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: