FILM CAMERAS BABY!!!!
When in Shanghai, you can get great service fixing/cleaning equipment from my good friend Mr. Wong. He has used equipment that he sells on consignment for his clients also. Tell him I sent you. shanghaicameras.com/
This is what shaped me:
visited 31 states (13.7%)Create your own visited map of The World
Photos of Shanghai Sky (11)
- If You Leave 8,803 photos, 4,548 members
- France analogue 3,304 photos, 111 members
- Minolta Manual Focus 65,086 photos, 8,047 members
- minolta CLE 3,723 photos, 384 members
- CL & CLE 3,920 photos, 272 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 303 photos, 658 members
- Nikon F3 44,852 photos, 2,874 members
- B&W Film 64,449 photos, 1,346 members
- Golden Hour Film 828 photos, 61 members
- Let's shoot film... before it is too late 20,001 photos, 380 members
- Tokyo on Film 9,793 photos, 345 members
- AutoCord 8,652 photos, 741 members
- Film in San Francisco 14,051 photos, 664 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 56,302 photos, 1,749 members
- The Sandman Cometh 602 photos, 256 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,248,902 photos, 95,029 members
- Photo Infos 136,733 photos, 4,168 members
- 重慶/Chungking·重庆/Chongqing 2,886 photos, 272 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 157,822 photos, 3,474 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 69,103 photos, 7,036 members
- Amateur Fashion and Glamour Photography 4,961 photos, 617 members
- Models 349,032 photos, 16,363 members
- flickr Tokyo 196,421 photos, 3,981 members
- unsuspecting 10,054 photos, 551 members
- orbis® Ring Flash 4,562 photos, 1,836 members
- Analogue Sunrise 116,387 photos, 3,001 members
- I Hate Digital! 217,677 photos, 3,799 members
- Coney Island 30,333 photos, 2,254 members
- Candid Revelations 5,393 photos, 871 members
- Food Snots 20,681 photos, 1,754 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 22,105 photos, 2,519 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 139,405 photos, 13,093 members
- Slow Life & Catch Smile 慢生活*保持微笑 33,592 photos, 779 members
- Analog Photography 1,834,399 photos, 40,990 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 378,778 photos, 28,410 members
- Footprints in Taiwan! 71,575 photos, 2,160 members
- Americana for Others 10 photos, 7 members
- 100 Strangers 46,710 photos, 10,705 members
- Bicycle Belles 23,487 photos, 1,342 members
- New Years 2011 232 photos, 170 members
- The Mannequin Defence League 860 photos, 66 members
- Double Exposure 109,035 photos, 26,495 members
- Urban Patina - Textura Urbana 1,412 photos, 83 members
- Illinois National Register of Historic Places 2,003 photos, 91 members
- Champaign, IL 2,805 photos, 295 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 39,831 photos, 1,576 members
- Escapade Pictures 1,296 photos, 132 members
- Recipes to Share 36,719 photos, 17,902 members
- Obama Street Art 1,515 photos, 603 members
- Desert Decay 6,402 photos, 997 members
"I once wrote a testimonial to Shanghai Sky but until now, almost a year later it was never approved.
That testimonial was not the reflection of my feelings toward his works. Just like why his arts are always true when reflecting the realism of avenue, streets, corners, and blocks. He depicts the often neglected everyday activity of one culture yet through the eyes of another culture these actions become discussion of fascination.
Shanghai Sky is also very humorous. His satirical sarcasm packed with dark humor of the currents grab your attention and burst into laughter. I often experienced this photos with jaw dropping grins.
His talents are remarkable but regret yahoo takes him for warning therefore censored him. What Shanghai Sky brings us are what the tour guide and travel companies won't show us. I support Shanghai Sky 100% and hope yahoo will have a change of heart and rethink their decision."
February 26th, 2009
"Ben is the absolute master of the street capture and understatement, often proving that less is more and often indeed more.
His "eye" for an image in the world around him has inspired me so many times.
Cheers Ben and thanks"
January 6th, 2009
Go Big Red says:
"Not sure where his home town is, perhaps Sweden, but he seems to move around a lot and produce some great photos throughout his travels. Shanghai Sky is truly a world photographer. This is his world."
December 25th, 2008
Rafael Bucio says:
"ShanghaiSky, tiene capturas interesantes, es muy bueno con la cámara, realmente captura los buenos momentos de su vida, y de las calles, no me pierdo ninguna fotografía de el.. son muy buenas¡¡
Un gran saludo desde México."
August 25th, 2008
"OK, so I'm not related to him and he hasn't paid me... so perhaps my testimonial will not fit- but honestly, as a candid photographer myself, I am in awe. Great shots. He manages to capture not only beauty, but emotion as well. I feel like I am there on the street with him. What a great stream- and I'm only 10% through his photos!"
January 6th, 2008
Fonzie's cousin says:
"Very interesting photos of everyday life. Just love 'em."
November 20th, 2007
ossie hermosisima says:
"One real cool photographer!
Note: Ben is not related to me; nor did he pay me for this testimonial."
November 6th, 2007
"My favorite photographer in the world! And he is improving all the time and doing amazing documentation of life in various places. You missed your true calling."
July 5th, 2007
"I appreciate his style of photography....candid, simple, original....but its the real life i like. Full of humorous, thats another reason i recommend."
June 23rd, 2007
red and blue says:
"Ben is one hell of an intrepid photographer. He reminds me of the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who can appear from out of thin air; and disappear likewise. He records, but never disturbs the poignant beauty of the human condition around him. More power to you, Ben."
September 12th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is one damn fine photographer who is brave and takes the kind of photos, I would not dare shoot. He is humorous too and you need to live in China for years to see that humor in his photos."
August 4th, 2006
"Shanghai Sky is a candid photographer on the street. He takes a picture of men and women, young and old, girls and kids, alive in Shanghai now. Their figure is very realistic."
July 15th, 2006
"Great candids... real people... real photos..."
July 11th, 2006
"Thank you for your humanistic portrayals of the real China. It's heartbreaking sometimes."
April 21st, 2006
"Your photograph always surprises it to a person like me who know Shanghai well in details."
February 7th, 2006
"just doing a paper on chinese fashion, love your pics and a big help! thanks mate!"
December 18th, 2005
"The china photos of Shanghai Sky are my daily drug. I hope, that I never have to change the dealer. -> Great photos."
November 11th, 2005
* HugoPan * says:
"I'm learnig so much about China through your eyes... no book can do this. Thanks a lot."
September 5th, 2005
- July 2005
- Urbana, but I've had a lot of hometowns since
- I am: