All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- MOUNTAIN 185,129 photos, 13,068 members
- VSCO Film 195,524 photos, 8,445 members
- Equirectangular 23,829 photos, 3,726 members
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 3,780 photos, 376 members
- Pomegranates! 986 photos, 383 members
- Exotic Fruit 12,382 photos, 2,331 members
- Fruit & Veg 205,931 photos, 49,094 members
- New Mexico Magazine 18,534 photos, 405 members
- Land of Enchantment 40,543 photos, 1,011 members
- New Mexico 96,647 photos, 3,208 members
- New Mexico Landscape 3,164 photos, 414 members
- Let's Ride! 7,463 photos, 324 members
- Anything Motorcycle 12,429 photos, 405 members
- Motorcycle Getaways 4,919 photos, 460 members
- Adventure Motorcycle Club 9,470 photos, 1,167 members
- Anything Honda 12,516 photos, 987 members
- Motorcycle 105,977 photos, 5,098 members
- Honda Motorcycles 24,057 photos, 2,429 members
- ***Flickr Global 3,249,605 photos, 46,215 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 29,720 photos, 4,021 members
- Panoramas - Panoramiques 158,940 photos, 12,090 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 - FZ200 92,131 photos, 1,590 members
- Lumix Panasonic DMC cameras 21,627 photos, 200 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Community 9,652 photos, 212 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ___ 32,969 photos, 275 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Photography 37,071 photos, 884 members
- Panasonic FZ series 208,335 photos, 3,052 members
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 24,574 photos, 523 members
- FZ1000 Fan Club 40,439 photos, 1,480 members
- Visit Peru! 25,755 photos, 950 members
- PERU FOTOVISION 6,931 photos, 865 members
- Peru Photos 49,757 photos, 2,609 members
- Peru 58,282 photos, 3,237 members
- Travelling around Peru 16,653 photos, 441 members
- Perú Fotoguía Lima Provincias 681 photos, 84 members
- Perú Travel & Living 25,955 photos, 870 members
- Peru Wonders 31,065 photos, 1,899 members
- La Paz, Bolivia 4,718 photos, 441 members
- Bolivia y Perú 3,601 photos, 75 members
- Bolivien 2,150 photos, 24 members
- Potosí. Bolivia 823 photos, 105 members
- Uyuni Salt Lake - Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 2,250 photos, 372 members
- BOLIVIA FOTOGENICA 10,263 photos, 758 members
- One million pictures of Bolivia 24,285 photos, 991 members
- Bolivia 35,971 photos, 2,586 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,744 photos, 997 members
- Travel South America 8,465 photos, 114 members
- landscape of south america 15,596 photos, 669 members
- South America Travel Quintessence 132 photos, 34 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 21,742 photos, 6,017 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist