All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- MOUNTAIN 197,769 photos, 13,183 members
- VSCO Film 193,183 photos, 8,446 members
- Equirectangular 24,034 photos, 3,824 members
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 4,042 photos, 381 members
- Pomegranates! 950 photos, 382 members
- Exotic Fruit 12,281 photos, 2,325 members
- Fruit & Veg 203,202 photos, 49,051 members
- New Mexico Magazine 18,832 photos, 404 members
- Land of Enchantment 41,426 photos, 1,020 members
- New Mexico 98,889 photos, 3,228 members
- New Mexico Landscape 3,366 photos, 442 members
- Let's Ride! 7,363 photos, 324 members
- Anything Motorcycle 11,838 photos, 394 members
- Motorcycle Getaways 4,755 photos, 458 members
- Adventure Motorcycle Club 9,337 photos, 1,182 members
- Anything Honda 12,572 photos, 993 members
- Motorcycle 105,748 photos, 5,108 members
- Honda Motorcycles 23,688 photos, 2,429 members
- ***Flickr Global 3,427,085 photos, 48,278 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 30,399 photos, 4,064 members
- Panoramas - Panoramiques 162,864 photos, 12,279 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 - FZ200 96,724 photos, 1,634 members
- Lumix Panasonic DMC cameras 23,362 photos, 206 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Community 10,587 photos, 207 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ___ 32,912 photos, 278 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Photography 37,750 photos, 900 members
- Panasonic FZ series 208,471 photos, 3,056 members
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 25,222 photos, 527 members
- FZ1000 Fan Club 41,439 photos, 1,538 members
- Visit Peru! 26,375 photos, 961 members
- PERU FOTOVISION 6,768 photos, 862 members
- Peru Photos 50,719 photos, 2,624 members
- Peru 58,962 photos, 3,256 members
- Travelling around Peru 17,428 photos, 454 members
- Perú Fotoguía Lima Provincias 748 photos, 84 members
- Perú Travel & Living 26,620 photos, 883 members
- Peru Wonders 31,574 photos, 1,919 members
- La Paz, Bolivia 4,885 photos, 441 members
- Bolivia y Perú 3,663 photos, 76 members
- Bolivien 2,171 photos, 25 members
- Potosí. Bolivia 817 photos, 109 members
- Uyuni Salt Lake - Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 2,254 photos, 372 members
- BOLIVIA FOTOGENICA 10,483 photos, 764 members
- One million pictures of Bolivia 24,374 photos, 986 members
- Bolivia 36,288 photos, 2,582 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,734 photos, 1,005 members
- Travel South America 10,028 photos, 119 members
- landscape of south america 16,359 photos, 672 members
- South America Travel Quintessence 132 photos, 34 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 21,538 photos, 5,987 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist