All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- VSCO Film 164,284 photos, 7,928 members
- Equirectangular 18,985 photos, 3,038 members
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 1,764 photos, 302 members
- Pomegranates! 991 photos, 376 members
- Exotic Fruit 12,258 photos, 2,298 members
- Fruit & Veg 207,937 photos, 47,893 members
- New Mexico Magazine 15,309 photos, 378 members
- Land of Enchantment 36,280 photos, 924 members
- New Mexico 83,951 photos, 3,080 members
- New Mexico Landscape 1,903 photos, 278 members
- Let's Ride! 6,649 photos, 305 members
- Anything Motorcycle 10,725 photos, 353 members
- Motorcycle Getaways 4,641 photos, 435 members
- Adventure Motorcycle Club 7,972 photos, 1,039 members
- Anything Honda 11,355 photos, 920 members
- Motorcycle 89,561 photos, 4,824 members
- Honda Motorcycles 21,561 photos, 2,334 members
- ***Flickr Global 2,219,598 photos, 33,787 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 23,040 photos, 3,625 members
- Panoramas - Panoramiques 113,950 photos, 10,310 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 - FZ200 64,655 photos, 1,320 members
- Lumix Panasonic DMC cameras from FZ30 - FZ1000 13,876 photos, 170 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Community 5,781 photos, 145 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ___ 25,944 photos, 239 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Photography 23,158 photos, 701 members
- Panasonic FZ series 178,749 photos, 2,917 members
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 14,659 photos, 363 members
- FZ1000 Fan Club 26,392 photos, 1,056 members
- Visit Peru! 20,379 photos, 815 members
- PERU FOTOVISION 7,009 photos, 857 members
- Peru Photos 44,339 photos, 2,433 members
- Peru 52,467 photos, 3,035 members
- Travelling around Peru 10,144 photos, 325 members
- Perú Fotoguía Lima Provincias 517 photos, 66 members
- Perú Travel & Living 21,603 photos, 737 members
- Peru Wonders 25,927 photos, 1,651 members
- La Paz, Bolivia 4,498 photos, 423 members
- Bolivia y Perú 2,716 photos, 49 members
- Bolivien 2,050 photos, 18 members
- Potosí. Bolivia 740 photos, 91 members
- Uyuni Salt Lake - Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 2,140 photos, 350 members
- BOLIVIA FOTOGENICA 9,338 photos, 703 members
- One million pictures of Bolivia 23,510 photos, 951 members
- Bolivia 34,092 photos, 2,475 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,635 photos, 938 members
- Travel South America 5,643 photos, 79 members
- landscape of south america 12,798 photos, 604 members
- South America Travel Quintessence 105 photos, 28 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,011 photos, 5,970 members
- South American Travel 21,287 photos, 489 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist