All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- VSCO Film 160,686 photos, 7,850 members
- Equirectangular 18,698 photos, 2,983 members
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 1,605 photos, 288 members
- Pomegranates! 992 photos, 377 members
- Exotic Fruit 12,230 photos, 2,296 members
- Fruit & Veg 208,198 photos, 47,779 members
- New Mexico Magazine 15,253 photos, 377 members
- Land of Enchantment 36,300 photos, 922 members
- New Mexico 83,368 photos, 3,075 members
- New Mexico Landscape 1,831 photos, 271 members
- Let's Ride! 6,588 photos, 301 members
- Anything Motorcycle 10,449 photos, 347 members
- Motorcycle Getaways 4,606 photos, 433 members
- Adventure Motorcycle Club 7,879 photos, 1,035 members
- Anything Honda 11,312 photos, 918 members
- Motorcycle 88,723 photos, 4,808 members
- Honda Motorcycles 21,486 photos, 2,324 members
- ***Flickr Global 2,145,291 photos, 32,875 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 22,579 photos, 3,574 members
- Panoramas - Panoramiques 110,763 photos, 10,170 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 - FZ200 63,013 photos, 1,295 members
- Lumix Panasonic DMC cameras from FZ30 - FZ1000 13,455 photos, 167 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Community 5,523 photos, 141 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ___ 25,201 photos, 237 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Photography 22,254 photos, 690 members
- Panasonic FZ series 177,028 photos, 2,902 members
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 14,188 photos, 354 members
- FZ1000 Fan Club 25,615 photos, 1,024 members
- Visit Peru! 19,462 photos, 802 members
- PERU FOTOVISION 7,011 photos, 857 members
- Peru Photos 43,964 photos, 2,422 members
- Peru 52,035 photos, 3,020 members
- Travelling around Peru 9,887 photos, 318 members
- Perú Fotoguía Lima Provincias 513 photos, 66 members
- Perú Travel & Living 20,337 photos, 725 members
- Peru Wonders 25,124 photos, 1,637 members
- La Paz, Bolivia 4,405 photos, 417 members
- Bolivia y Perú 2,085 photos, 45 members
- Bolivien 2,042 photos, 18 members
- Potosí. Bolivia 740 photos, 90 members
- Uyuni Salt Lake - Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 2,129 photos, 347 members
- BOLIVIA FOTOGENICA 9,231 photos, 691 members
- One million pictures of Bolivia 22,966 photos, 944 members
- Bolivia 33,809 photos, 2,463 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,590 photos, 931 members
- Travel South America 5,501 photos, 78 members
- landscape of south america 12,537 photos, 595 members
- South America Travel Quintessence 89 photos, 27 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,021 photos, 5,933 members
- South American Travel 20,943 photos, 481 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist