All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- Olympus Stylus TG-4 Group 1,258 photos, 250 members
- Pomegranates! 998 photos, 377 members
- Exotic Fruit 12,134 photos, 2,286 members
- Fruit & Veg 209,016 photos, 47,488 members
- New Mexico Magazine 15,058 photos, 372 members
- Land of Enchantment 35,537 photos, 903 members
- New Mexico 79,903 photos, 3,051 members
- New Mexico Landscape 1,597 photos, 230 members
- Let's Ride! 6,541 photos, 296 members
- Anything Motorcycle 10,062 photos, 335 members
- Motorcycle Getaways 4,547 photos, 431 members
- Adventure Motorcycle Club 7,574 photos, 1,017 members
- Anything Honda 11,133 photos, 907 members
- Motorcycle 86,661 photos, 4,769 members
- Honda Motorcycles 21,013 photos, 2,307 members
- ***Flickr Global 1,957,474 photos, 30,689 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 21,493 photos, 3,464 members
- Panoramas - Panoramiques 103,295 photos, 9,791 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 - FZ200 58,970 photos, 1,249 members
- Lumix Panasonic DMC cameras from FZ30 - FZ1000 12,513 photos, 160 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Community 4,812 photos, 123 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ___ 23,367 photos, 229 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Photography 20,298 photos, 668 members
- Panasonic FZ series 173,384 photos, 2,874 members
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 12,788 photos, 333 members
- FZ1000 Fan Club 23,801 photos, 964 members
- Visit Peru! 18,542 photos, 776 members
- PERU FOTOVISION 7,025 photos, 853 members
- Peru Photos 43,215 photos, 2,393 members
- Peru 51,056 photos, 2,979 members
- Travelling around Peru 8,938 photos, 300 members
- Perú Fotoguía Lima Provincias 503 photos, 63 members
- Perú Travel & Living 19,485 photos, 693 members
- Peru Wonders 24,176 photos, 1,591 members
- La Paz, Bolivia 4,386 photos, 410 members
- Bolivia y Perú 1,919 photos, 42 members
- Bolivien 2,027 photos, 15 members
- Potosí. Bolivia 740 photos, 89 members
- Uyuni Salt Lake - Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 2,123 photos, 341 members
- BOLIVIA FOTOGENICA 9,140 photos, 680 members
- One million pictures of Bolivia 22,783 photos, 933 members
- Bolivia 33,393 photos, 2,432 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,606 photos, 913 members
- Travel South America 4,856 photos, 72 members
- landscape of south america 12,052 photos, 582 members
- South America Travel Quintessence 86 photos, 23 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,049 photos, 5,878 members
- South American Travel 20,011 photos, 462 members
- South America - public group 133,104 photos, 4,040 members
- GREAT-PHOTO 620 photos, 60 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist