All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- New Mexico Magazine 14,647 photos, 365 members
- Land of Enchantment 35,058 photos, 893 members
- New Mexico 77,824 photos, 3,022 members
- New Mexico Landscape 1,422 photos, 190 members
- Let's Ride! 6,234 photos, 293 members
- Anything Motorcycle 9,795 photos, 323 members
- Motorcycle Getaways 4,489 photos, 426 members
- Adventure Motorcycle Club 7,281 photos, 990 members
- Anything Honda 10,942 photos, 901 members
- Motorcycle 83,583 photos, 4,666 members
- Honda Motorcycles 20,618 photos, 2,272 members
- ***Flickr Global 1,778,322 photos, 28,625 members
- Panorama Photo - P 1 A 3 20,268 photos, 3,337 members
- Panoramas - Panoramiques 94,453 photos, 9,342 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 54,405 photos, 1,195 members
- Lumix Panasonic DMC cameras from FZ30 - FZ1000 11,250 photos, 147 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Community 3,965 photos, 117 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ___ 21,325 photos, 215 members
- Panasonic FZ1000 Photography 17,195 photos, 632 members
- Panasonic FZ series 168,139 photos, 2,843 members
- Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 10,609 photos, 302 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Fan Club READ THE RULES 22,269 photos, 914 members
- Visit Peru! 17,824 photos, 756 members
- PERU FOTOVISION 7,051 photos, 838 members
- Peru Photos 42,663 photos, 2,350 members
- Peru 50,328 photos, 2,917 members
- Travelling around Peru 8,148 photos, 272 members
- Perú Fotoguía Lima Provincias 173 photos, 55 members
- Perú Travel & Living 18,817 photos, 661 members
- Peru Wonders 23,231 photos, 1,535 members
- La Paz, Bolivia 4,347 photos, 405 members
- Bolivia y Perú 1,392 photos, 37 members
- Bolivien 2,000 photos, 14 members
- Potosí. Bolivia 740 photos, 88 members
- Uyuni Salt Lake - Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia 2,119 photos, 334 members
- BOLIVIA FOTOGENICA 8,952 photos, 665 members
- One million pictures of Bolivia 22,667 photos, 922 members
- Bolivia 32,788 photos, 2,384 members
- South and Latin American Indians 5,678 photos, 897 members
- Travel South America 4,128 photos, 63 members
- landscape of south america 11,495 photos, 563 members
- South America Travel Quintessence 51 photos, 20 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,099 photos, 5,842 members
- South American Travel 17,516 photos, 445 members
- South America - public group 130,183 photos, 3,987 members
- GREAT-PHOTO 622 photos, 60 members
- Vintage Travel Trailers 6,039 photos, 846 members
- Airstream Trailers 872 photos, 283 members
- Campers any mobile living 11,033 photos, 228 members
- Glamping ~ The Loyal Order of the Glamper 102 photos, 71 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist