All of my work the For Print Album is available as fine art prints on demand at the following web address:
If you ask me...
I am beginning to believe that we are all born asleep and that the rest of our lives are spent trying to awaken. Some of us may be born awake... some awaken in stages, falling back into slumber between moments of absolute lucidity... while some remain comfortably dozing all their lives.
Should we even want to be awakened? Or should we remain comfortably snoozing and not even bother asking why? I don't know the answer to that. Nor do I know if we have a choice in the matter. What I do suspect is that some of the answers might be found within something called "intuition."
"Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding -- a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science." -- Abella Arthur
The reason I bring up intuition is that from an early age I gravitated to whatever mysteriously resonated for me. Creating things, playing with sound, doodling, etc. Always compelled to make something that wasn't there before... or giving in to a simple creative yearning I suppose.
One day, my mother brought home a 35mm camera. I looked at it and had this feeling at my core that I can't explain, but I feel like that was likely my first strong encounter that has become a lifelong dance with intuition. I just held the camera and knew I must learn how to use it. It was an instantaneous knowing of sorts. From then on I was intently focussed on examining the perceived world from every angle I could find.
The further I explored in distance and or detail, the more I discovered how utterly enchanting our shared universe is. From every difference in color, texture, and line, I began to understand more fully the infinite possibilities of form. Intuition has led me through 17 countries thus far, and counting. The further I explore, the more I realize how much of this incredible beauty is perpetually unfolding around us and also simultaneously within. When I share these images with others and learn they've also resonated with them in some mysterious way as well, it proves my suspicion that all is indeed one and everything is defined by a difference in sacred frequency vibration.
Skip Hunt, born on the wind-swept plains of Oklahoma, is a professional photographer in Austin, Texas. He picked up a 35mm camera in the mid-1970's and has never stopped sharing his unique vision via photographic images. Many moons ago, he was bitten hard by the wanderlust beast and has been canvassing the globe ever since. Visionary artists such as Pete Turner, David Lynch, Cindy Sherman, and Andre Kertesz set Skip's sight on a fine-art horizon early on. His insatiable thirst for rich color and even richer cultural exploration keeps him on the road most of the time. When he's recharging his batteries, he calls Austin, Texas home.
"Image making reminds me to awaken from the slumber and to celebrate life's rich pageantry parading all around us."
-- Skip Hunt
- GREAT-PHOTO 624 photos, 61 members
- Vintage Travel Trailers 5,864 photos, 815 members
- Airstream Trailers 842 photos, 267 members
- Campers any mobile living 9,314 photos, 203 members
- Glamping ~ The Loyal Order of the Glamper 104 photos, 71 members
- Animals From A to Z (Post 1, Comment 1, Invite 1) 12,633 photos, 914 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 418,234 photos, 24,106 members
- Clowns 5,012 photos, 1,392 members
- Clowns are Supposed to Make you LAUGH! 626 photos, 235 members
- CLOWN'S WORLD 4,276 photos, 1,118 members
- NIKON USERS ONLY 77,070 photos, 2,628 members
- Nikon Arts 464 photos, 241 members
- Nikon Europe 38,217 photos, 1,476 members
- Nikon France 127,659 photos, 2,257 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,047,810 photos, 38,423 members
- Nikon Digital 2,467,026 photos, 87,124 members
- Nikon DSLR Photographers 67,296 photos, 2,076 members
- Nikon D5300 photos 14,560 photos, 654 members
- Nikon D5300 En Español 1,239 photos, 75 members
- Nikon D5300 only 3,649 photos, 97 members
- Nikon D5300 Usergroup Germany 3,883 photos, 363 members
- Nikon D5300 8,647 photos, 292 members
- Nikon D5300: From Snapshots to Great Shots 5,539 photos, 286 members
- Nikon D5300 Group 33,081 photos, 2,241 members
- ((( transcend dépassez supere 超越しなさい ))) 97,253 photos, 5,274 members
- \\*W*H*I*M*S*I*C*A*L*// 45,094 photos, 3,449 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 11,946 photos, 256 members
- Nikon P7700 Point and Shoot-Pleasure 4,420 photos, 153 members
- Coolpix P7X00 Shooters 27,248 photos, 1,549 members
- Psychedelia 2,962 photos, 220 members
- The Psychedelic Experience 2,541 photos, 223 members
- Psychedelic-Traveller 2,430 photos, 230 members
- Psychedelic Traveller 3,674 photos, 272 members
- entheogenic plants 719 photos, 157 members
- Stoned, flying high 1,516 photos, 165 members
- cinema directors 206 photos, 47 members
- Film Industry Network 621 photos, 73 members
- flickr videos movies 1,090 photos, 249 members
- Movie trailers! 83 photos, 42 members
- Film Makers United 398 photos, 32 members
- Film School 647 photos, 89 members
- Young film makers 447 photos, 114 members
- Nick Cave 1,232 photos, 328 members
- All Things Post-Rock 5,559 photos, 528 members
- Rock Photography 137,614 photos, 8,489 members
- Concert Photographer 434,012 photos, 11,321 members
- Concerts 502,626 photos, 14,531 members
- Concert Photography 202,744 photos, 36,920 members
- Music 165,891 photos, 7,631 members
- MUSIC FESTIVAL /GIGS/BANDS 82,217 photos, 1,985 members
Skip Hunt doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Skip Hunt
- October 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Skip Hunt :: Visual Artist