All limitations are self-imposed.
"The world is a terrible place without Polaroid."
- John Waters
Interviews and Features
Polaroid Reailty with Sean Rohde @ PDN
8 Exposures with Sean Rohde @ Impossible Project
Road Trips! @ Kaltblut Magazine
Guest Gallery @ Filmwasters
Polaroid Photography by Sean Rohde @ The Only Magic Left Is Art
moominsean @ making owls cool
Meet Sean Rohde @ Camila
Artist Spotlight @ Snap it See It
Moominsean in Japan
Photos of moominsean (8)
- tokyo japan 732 photos, 129 members
- Pyrex Love 27,917 photos, 2,839 members
- Howard Pierce 20 photos, 20 members
- CHAIRISH 7,479 photos, 260 members
- Urban Illinois 233 photos, 19 members
- Saitama Super Snaps ～埼玉スーパースナップス 6,917 photos, 256 members
- Chiba 4,654 photos, 213 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,715 photos, 717 members
- Urban South Bend 61 photos, 7 members
- Urban Indiana 1,970 photos, 93 members
- TOYOTA CROWN【トヨタ・クラウン】 463 photos, 52 members
- MOONEYES 1,170 photos, 121 members
- Instant Laundry 59 photos, 14 members
- Honda Motorcycles 19,439 photos, 2,189 members
- Honda Owners 5,078 photos, 578 members
- Bronica 6x6 Focal Plane SLR 2,079 photos, 172 members
- Yashica! 11,028 photos, 1,233 members
- American Punk/Hardcore Archive (78-91) 2,140 photos, 1,024 members
- Honda Scooters 1,560 photos, 279 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 641 photos, 63 members
- Towanda District Library 714 photos, 12 members
- Midwest decay 4,267 photos, 164 members
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,498 photos, 709 members
- Afghan & Minutero Cameras - Silver Photo 362 photos, 85 members
- Nikon 28ti Users Group 1,177 photos, 176 members
- Indiana Photographers 64,625 photos, 1,378 members
- the sad trees 183 photos, 29 members
- 日本 Nihon Japan Japón जापान Japão Xapón 69,385 photos, 1,578 members
- Urbanists Field Guide of Chicago 6,496 photos, 218 members
- Calumet Region 1,145 photos, 41 members
- Signs of Chicago 13,134 photos, 494 members
- Chicago Southland 8,627 photos, 280 members
- Cadillac Ranch Dressing 3,425 photos, 242 members
- Flip Clocks of all types 77 photos, 28 members
- Vintage Analog Camera 7,817 photos, 199 members
- Illinois: Alternative (creative) Images 1,823 photos, 83 members
- Hasselblad 261,916 photos, 12,565 members
- HASSELBLAD BW 30,327 photos, 3,413 members
- Arkansas 39,596 photos, 1,329 members
- silver 6,530 photos, 964 members
- The last bite of chocolate (film) 178 photos, 61 members
- Surly Bikes 4,580 photos, 722 members
- Ricoh 500G 3,837 photos, 690 members
- Eye Meter By Myself 600 photos, 26 members
- 'RoidWeek 2013 2,909 photos, 985 members
- Duo: The DIY Polaroid TLR 58 photos, 33 members
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory 2,990 photos, 141 members
- Car(s) Eater 7,025 photos, 235 members
- Democratic Forest 70,863 photos, 1,328 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 22,502 photos, 1,037 members
"Flickr has been a constant source of inspiration for me since I joined around 10 years ago. During this time, I have discovered many photographic insights, techniques, and equipment that has enriched my life. I have also stumbled upon some amazing photographers.
Moominsean is one of those photographers. Yes, his work is stellar, but what really impresses me about him is that he is also a teacher. He has shared his passion of photography not only through his images, but through his generous sharing of knowledge and techniques. Because of him, I am now the proud owner of a Polaroid 180. His plethora of posts regarding the Polaroid format has been a huge help to me and thousands of others who've read his posts/seen his work.
Thank you Moominsean, for paying it forward, and for making sure that the world will continue to be blessed with images from these legendary cameras...I appreciate all that you do!"
August 30th, 2012
☂ tee marie ✄ says:
"I hate to say the word 'envy', but I have to! All of Sean's work is unbelievably inspiring. I would like to take a road trip out to all over west to find some old road signs, cars, and well...anything out in the desert. I will continue to follow Sean's work with the hopes of coming even within a fraction of what Sean has accomplished. I love feeling as if I was transported back in time through Sean's photos. If I were rich, I would open up a special gallery of his works for everyone to see!"
June 13th, 2012
ten minutes says:
"The Southwest looks best through Sean's eyes."
January 20th, 2010
"One of the dreamiest streams in flickr and one of my favorites. Among other themes, his nostalgic americana landscapes stand out simply because they are absolutely stellar. Please keep it up. I'll sure be following."
September 10th, 2009
"Owner of some of the sickest landscape Polaroids on flickr. In time, history will no doubt look back and smile on his unique version of Americana."
August 21st, 2009
"Moominsean is one of those people you meet in life that makes you feel good and has a certain glow about him. His photography is an extension of his passion for life."
April 30th, 2009
"I don't usually write testimonials, but I have to for Sean. Sean is quite simply an amazing photographer. His knowledge about film and cameras is unbelievable. I can't even count how many times I've asked him for help or advice and he's always been exceedingly kind and helpful. He is undoubtably one of my favorite photographers. His work is always challenging me to take mine to the next level. I could go on and on, really, but this guy is just plain amazing..."
November 6th, 2008
sol exposure says:
"What can I say about moomin "king of the dreamy polaroid" sean? He has a sweet kitty named Texas and loads of cool, usually imported cameras, and he knows how to use 'em. He'll rip 'em apart, tape 'em back together, and blog about it so we all can see how creative he is. He also likes to slam on his brakes, practically sending me flying through his windshield, just to get that perfect horizon shot.
We've seen some pretty cool places though, and met some interesting characters (Dick's Broasted Chicken..mmm). I am definitely going to miss you Sean, and hope we can have some time to shoot in the desert again.
"What's Tina Salad?"
"I like the feel of shutter against my chest.""
August 11th, 2008
"Moominsean captures the phantom beauty of the southwestern deserts, roadside relics, and the dreamy quality of Arizona. Use of vintage cameras, and expired film only add to the natural knack of an excellent eye for composition."
September 13th, 2007
"his photos are brilliant. I often wish they were myne. and always always always leave me some strange yet lovely feeling of nostalgic melancholy."
September 13th, 2007
"It's a joy to look at these photos. Not only am I relieved that I'm not the sole crazy guy wandering around in the desert heat burning through fast-dwindling supplies of Polaroid film, but I'm overjoyed that the other guy doing it is such a great artist and experimenter. Really inspirational stuff! Maybe we'll run across each other someday out among the cactus and powerlines."
July 30th, 2007
faculty x says:
"dudes awesome. it kinda makes me want to cry a little bit..."
March 27th, 2007
daydream scream says:
"this guy's got some seriously rockin style. i love his work so much that i can't even comment."
March 20th, 2006
- May 2005
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Crushing my enemies.