All limitations are self-imposed.
"The world is a terrible place without Polaroid."
- John Waters
Interviews and Features
Polaroid Reailty with Sean Rohde @ PDN
8 Exposures with Sean Rohde @ Impossible Project
Road Trips! @ Kaltblut Magazine
Guest Gallery @ Filmwasters
Polaroid Photography by Sean Rohde @ The Only Magic Left Is Art
moominsean @ making owls cool
Meet Sean Rohde @ Camila
Artist Spotlight @ Snap it See It
Moominsean in Japan
Photos of moominsean (8)
- Polaroid Chocolate 80 51 photos, 5 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 97,131 photos, 2,821 members
- Texas 185,719 photos, 6,401 members
- vw type3 fastback, notchback, squareback & t34 1,203 photos, 32 members
- Chicago Straight Street Photography 9,450 photos, 330 members
- MOUNTAIN 96,806 photos, 9,449 members
- 'RoidWeek 2016 4,414 photos, 775 members
- Quartzsite, AZ 228 photos, 28 members
- tokyo japan 1,426 photos, 210 members
- Pyrex Love 27,422 photos, 2,895 members
- Howard Pierce 20 photos, 20 members
- CHAIRISH 7,421 photos, 261 members
- Urban: Illinois 566 photos, 26 members
- Saitama Super Snaps ～埼玉スーパースナップス 7,341 photos, 268 members
- Chiba 5,038 photos, 227 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 3,631 photos, 728 members
- Urban: South Bend, IN 104 photos, 14 members
- Urban: Indiana 3,042 photos, 112 members
- TOYOTA CROWN【トヨタ・クラウン】 612 photos, 65 members
- MOONEYES 1,245 photos, 127 members
- Instant Laundry 58 photos, 15 members
- Honda Motorcycles 21,233 photos, 2,315 members
- Honda Owners 5,917 photos, 648 members
- Bronica 6x6 Focal Plane SLR 2,869 photos, 229 members
- Yashica! 13,061 photos, 1,452 members
- American Punk/Hardcore Archive (78-91) 2,188 photos, 1,025 members
- Honda Scooters 1,636 photos, 290 members
- Elkhart - Indiana 677 photos, 64 members
- Towanda District Library 1,118 photos, 11 members
- Midwest decay 4,981 photos, 175 members
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,456 photos, 702 members
- Afghan & Minutero Cameras - Silver Photo 367 photos, 87 members
- Nikon 28ti Users Group 1,585 photos, 207 members
- Indiana Photographers 70,905 photos, 1,447 members
- the sad trees 147 photos, 33 members
- 日本 Nihon Japan Japón जापान Japão Xapón 107,707 photos, 2,255 members
- Urbanists Field Guide of Chicago 6,931 photos, 223 members
- Calumet Region 392 photos, 42 members
- Signs of Chicago 11,753 photos, 505 members
- Chicago Southland 9,041 photos, 288 members
- Cadillac Ranch Dressing 3,660 photos, 247 members
- Flip Clocks of all types 239 photos, 32 members
- Vintage Analog Camera 11,718 photos, 228 members
- Illinois: Alternative (creative) Images 1,977 photos, 87 members
- Hasselblad 273,142 photos, 12,897 members
- HASSELBLAD BW 31,057 photos, 3,731 members
- Arkansas 40,767 photos, 1,363 members
- silver 7,219 photos, 1,028 members
- The last bite of chocolate (film) 203 photos, 62 members
- Surly Bikes 4,850 photos, 762 members
"Flickr has been a constant source of inspiration for me since I joined around 10 years ago. During this time, I have discovered many photographic insights, techniques, and equipment that has enriched my life. I have also stumbled upon some amazing photographers.
Moominsean is one of those photographers. Yes, his work is stellar, but what really impresses me about him is that he is also a teacher. He has shared his passion of photography not only through his images, but through his generous sharing of knowledge and techniques. Because of him, I am now the proud owner of a Polaroid 180. His plethora of posts regarding the Polaroid format has been a huge help to me and thousands of others who've read his posts/seen his work.
Thank you Moominsean, for paying it forward, and for making sure that the world will continue to be blessed with images from these legendary cameras...I appreciate all that you do!"
August 30th, 2012
☂ tee marie ✄ says:
"I hate to say the word 'envy', but I have to! All of Sean's work is unbelievably inspiring. I would like to take a road trip out to all over west to find some old road signs, cars, and well...anything out in the desert. I will continue to follow Sean's work with the hopes of coming even within a fraction of what Sean has accomplished. I love feeling as if I was transported back in time through Sean's photos. If I were rich, I would open up a special gallery of his works for everyone to see!"
June 13th, 2012
ten minutes says:
"The Southwest looks best through Sean's eyes."
January 20th, 2010
"One of the dreamiest streams in flickr and one of my favorites. Among other themes, his nostalgic americana landscapes stand out simply because they are absolutely stellar. Please keep it up. I'll sure be following."
September 10th, 2009
"Owner of some of the sickest landscape Polaroids on flickr. In time, history will no doubt look back and smile on his unique version of Americana."
August 21st, 2009
"Moominsean is one of those people you meet in life that makes you feel good and has a certain glow about him. His photography is an extension of his passion for life."
April 30th, 2009
"I don't usually write testimonials, but I have to for Sean. Sean is quite simply an amazing photographer. His knowledge about film and cameras is unbelievable. I can't even count how many times I've asked him for help or advice and he's always been exceedingly kind and helpful. He is undoubtably one of my favorite photographers. His work is always challenging me to take mine to the next level. I could go on and on, really, but this guy is just plain amazing..."
November 6th, 2008
sol exposure says:
"What can I say about moomin "king of the dreamy polaroid" sean? He has a sweet kitty named Texas and loads of cool, usually imported cameras, and he knows how to use 'em. He'll rip 'em apart, tape 'em back together, and blog about it so we all can see how creative he is. He also likes to slam on his brakes, practically sending me flying through his windshield, just to get that perfect horizon shot.
We've seen some pretty cool places though, and met some interesting characters (Dick's Broasted Chicken..mmm). I am definitely going to miss you Sean, and hope we can have some time to shoot in the desert again.
"What's Tina Salad?"
"I like the feel of shutter against my chest.""
August 11th, 2008
"Moominsean captures the phantom beauty of the southwestern deserts, roadside relics, and the dreamy quality of Arizona. Use of vintage cameras, and expired film only add to the natural knack of an excellent eye for composition."
September 13th, 2007
"his photos are brilliant. I often wish they were myne. and always always always leave me some strange yet lovely feeling of nostalgic melancholy."
September 13th, 2007
"It's a joy to look at these photos. Not only am I relieved that I'm not the sole crazy guy wandering around in the desert heat burning through fast-dwindling supplies of Polaroid film, but I'm overjoyed that the other guy doing it is such a great artist and experimenter. Really inspirational stuff! Maybe we'll run across each other someday out among the cactus and powerlines."
July 30th, 2007
faculty x says:
"dudes awesome. it kinda makes me want to cry a little bit..."
March 27th, 2007
daydream scream says:
"this guy's got some seriously rockin style. i love his work so much that i can't even comment."
March 20th, 2006
- May 2005
- Chicago, USA
- I am:
- Crushing my enemies.