I'm a professional Visual Storyteller from Spain, living in New York City for over 7 years. My work includes photography (favorite genres Street Photography, Portraiture and Entertainment) and journalism, with a background in filmmaking (both fiction and documentary). I love capturing stories and emotions from life and sharing them with the world through the new visual social media channels.
I've been considered among the pioneers of Mobile Photography since 2008. My photographic work has been featured in international exhibits, magazines, newspapers, blogs, TV segments and even three book covers. One of my cellphone images is on the permanent collection of the High Museum of Art (Atlanta). I've also been a public speaker about Visual Storytelling, Mobile Photography and Street Photography - including twice as a special guest at Apple Stores and in NYC Social Media Week.
I'm proud to have worked with a diverse group of clients, from entertainment celebrities in my work with theater (24 Hour Broadway Plays), music (Best Song Oscar winner, singer and actress Marketa Irglova), corporate entrepreneurial businesses (Blue Coat, Gamification Co), fashion (BAR III for Macy's, Tory Burch) and a diverse array of brands like Beefeater, HP, Panasonic, etc.
Alongside my husband Anton Kawasaki, I'm a a co-founder and instructor of the Mobile Photo Workshop: "The Storytelling Series", a group of online workshops on Street Photography, Portraiture and the concept of "Documenting Your World" (through journalistic and documentary techniques), all through the use of mobile devices only and focused on the concept of #Storytelling.
Most of the images on my stream were taken with an iPhone camera, while I also work (and you may see) with other devices like a Canon DSLR, Polaroids, a Diana toy camera or even some disposable cameras.
My filmwork has been shown in film festivals worldwide, in cities such as Amsterdam, Auckland, Barcelona, Havana, Melbourne, New York City, Rio de Janeiro and Rome.
All images on my stream have ALL RIGHTS RESERVED an are protected by copyright. If you want to buy or use any on your website, blog or project, DO NOT steal it without asking (you know it's a violation of the laws). Ask me first, and If I am interested in the proposal, I will gladly give it to you or I can offer you a good deal if it’s for commercial use, but I do want (and have the protected right) to know what its use is going to be. Thanks very much.
In that same regard, and after seeing my photos being "stolen" and published in sites like Tumblr, I adopted a new policy: if you add me as contact, fave my images or put them in galleries but your profile is empty, you don't have anything or just internet copied material on your stream, only porn, etc. don't take it wrong that I'll be blocking you. Flickr is about showing and sharing, and if you don't have anything to show, I don't and can't know what it is you want with my pictures, so I go the cautious way first.
Feel free to visit my professional website for a glimpse into a different type of work than I post on Flickr :
Or follow me on my Facebook Page on Visual Storytelling:
Follow me on
- Flickr Friday 24,316 photos, 33,590 members
- Portraits with soul 83,181 photos, 4,524 members
- StreetHunters.net 12,646 photos, 1,458 members
- 1.000+ Faves 647 photos, 317 members
- Videos on Flickr 34,475 photos, 20,316 members
- The Human Element 104,536 photos, 3,533 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 11,667 photos, 6,387 members
- It's Raining 12,951 photos, 2,865 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 352 photos, 477 members
- poesia maschile - virile poetry 11,944 photos, 742 members
- NPR Look At This 160,427 photos, 6,326 members
- Photocritic Photography School 3,258 photos, 2,202 members
- Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 115,151 photos, 3,157 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 8,279 photos, 2,829 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 11,143 photos, 6,733 members
- **NEW** Hardcore Street Life 33,511 photos, 2,387 members
- travel and social reportage 54,455 photos, 2,180 members
- NX100 4,499 photos, 233 members
- Dog Moments... Classics in BW 359 photos, 106 members
- All Street Photography 848,747 photos, 15,417 members
- The Street Photograph (Black and White Street Photography) 240,791 photos, 6,094 members
- Life in the Street Photography 165,609 photos, 2,999 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre / Challenge #11" TREAD SOFTLY 50,658 photos, 8,600 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 445,190 photos, 19,531 members
- Perspective 48,795 photos, 5,222 members
- wastd 11,811 photos, 432 members
- Inspirational Photography 232,641 photos, 9,776 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 173,378 photos, 13,439 members
- A Portrait Group 528,236 photos, 9,908 members
- Monochromia - iPhone App 341 photos, 64 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 603,618 photos, 41,706 members
- Imagens do Povo / Images of the People / Bilder von der Leute 16,074 photos, 649 members
- AGÊNCIA MAGNUM GENÉRICA 19,304 photos, 695 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 275,316 photos, 5,645 members
- iPhoneografia_La Panera 267 photos, 7 members
- Flickr VOGUE 149,116 photos, 5,486 members
- HUH. Submissions 379,341 photos, 11,541 members
- Image Portrait Gallery !!! - B&W or Color !!! 159,077 photos, 3,938 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,800 photos, 12,043 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,191 photos, 2,939 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 75,494 photos, 2,007 members
- Streets in Colo(u)r 7,811 photos, 4,813 members
- In The Streets 193,682 photos, 3,655 members
- iPhone Spain 17,329 photos, 817 members
- The Disposable Camera Project 1,305 photos, 211 members
- Amanti del Bianco e Nero/ Lovers of Black and White photography 192,463 photos, 7,815 members
- iPhoneographie 68,829 photos, 893 members
- Mobile Phone Photography 240,858 photos, 8,215 members
- Street Photography International 235,419 photos, 7,755 members
- The Human Factor 111,977 photos, 4,556 members
"Sion was one of the first I discovered on Flickr, when my interest in making photos with the iPhone began. I didn’t even know the term iPhoneography at that time.. And he was an excellent start! The photos he makes amazes me all the time. He is a star in making photos and processing them with just the right app. Because of his fine street photography in NY he gives me the feeling to actually be there once or twice a day! Although the photos are in B&W most of the times, they really bring color into my life.. I make other kind of photography beacuse of my enverimont . That doesn’t stop him to inspire me in my photography and let me show the possibilities of some of those apps. Thanks Sion."
September 2nd, 2010
"Sion's photostream is an insight into his life: one filled with inspiration, creativity, and hope. He captures ordinary sights in NYC only with an iPhone, but does it better than many others using more sophisticated equipment. With Sion, his passion comes through his lens. The only thing I love better than his photography are his introspective narratives of what he captures, giving his subjects new life and purpose. Sion's photos are more than just images."
May 19th, 2010
Danny Dutch says:
"I have met many people on Flickr but I am very glad to have come accross Sion's work, as someone that primarily uses an iPhone to capture images I see Sion's work as a massive inspiration and it constantly amazes me the images he produces and in turn it makes me want to try harder with my own images.
Keep up the amazing work Sion, and long may you be an inspiration to us all!!"
February 16th, 2010
John Fraissinet says:
"I see that Sion just reached one million views on his photostream. That number is mindboggling to me because as popular as his photography is, it is still an intimate experience to look at his pictures. It is as if you are with him as he notices the world and describes it to you. Sion is more than a photographer, he is a poet with a camera."
December 15th, 2009
"its the things you are able to see- i once wrote here-but thats a not all, you have the tongue (i mean when u write he he), the heart (this is your greatest gift) and undying curiousity (that keeps you alive) .
i first realized your stream somewhere in 2008 and felt instantly in love with your iphone images-there you were the proove again-talent needs no BIG EQUIPMENT. but honestly much more than your images i like you! take care as i allways say to ppl that are important to me!!!
besos from la otra puta ;-)"
September 19th, 2009
I am GK [Alpha, Omega] says:
"TALENT WITH A CAPITAL T !!!!"
September 17th, 2009
"Sion shows us the real New York, a wonderful mix of the fantastic and gritty. We see the day to day through the eyes of a passionate man and photographer. Similar to Cartier-Bresson, Sion captures 'The Decisive Moment' giving us a story in the click or snap of a shutter.
Who needs famous people when the ordinary Joe tells us so much? Sion gives these people their 15 minutes of fame and makes them an eternal star on Flickr."
August 12th, 2009
"Sion's got an iPhone, talent and heart! I love watching the other side of the world through his photos!!!"
June 18th, 2009
"Ok, so Sion's my boyfriend, which makes it very hard to write a testimonial and not sound completely biased. But here's the thing...even if I didn't know him, his photostream would be one of my favorites on Flickr -- and that's the honest truth. He photographs the things that *I* like to see, and is able to capture fragments of life we may have witnessed a thousand times and make them fresh and new and exciting again. He brings a special connection to the subjects and places that he photographs. He has a special eye (which his film and journalism background has helped hone) which looks for those special moments that the average photographer -- no matter how technically skilled -- might overlook. And he has also managed to make what I thought would be a "crappy" camera, his iPhone, into one of his best photographic tools. He's inspired me to take my own photos, though I doubt I'll ever be as good as him. If I didn't know him, I would fall in love with him through his pictures, because of the loving care he shows in them."
April 21st, 2009
William GT says:
"The first time a saw his photos I was blown away and hooked up to his site..His captures reflect the real urban life of NY...
He has been an inspiration ...
Thanks so much!!!"
March 12th, 2009
baltasar lopez says:
"Sion es un observador nato de la vida diaria.
Posee una visón de la calle que te atrapa en cada fotografía
Todo un descubrimiento."
January 15th, 2009
Matthew Vinci says:
"Excellent eye, a great feel for color and mood. One of my favorite photostreams on Flickr. Keep it coming."
October 3rd, 2008
"Sion has proved something to me that I have known all along. You don't have to have the most advanced/expensive camera to take arresting, immersive, and beautiful photographs. You need to be a photographer to do that. What he does with his iPhone puts many people to shame. I enjoy seeing the world through his eyes - it's very human, diverse and inclusive. Truly a man who enjoys life and people. Excellent work."
September 24th, 2008
"Sion has a great eye. He can take something that has been photographed a million times and makes it his own. This what a great photographer can do. I love looking at his pictures, and I am not alone (the posted comments here agree with me.) His work should also be in a gallery where people can buy prints."
August 26th, 2008
Barbara Stock says:
"We Germans use the french term "flaneur" to characterize a person who walks through the urban landscape observing society, having the sharpness of his eyes on even the small things. And this allows him to reflect on bigger things, coherences and ideas... Since I visited Sion Fullana's photostream for the first time, I virtually followed him on his walks through the streets of NYC, and so learned a lot about urban and people photography, the town, the architecture, the inhabitants... His candid pictures are always sympathetic and show his empathy for the people. These photographies tell stories, and every single photo encapsulates more than thousand words could ever tell. I also loved to watch his wonderful films on youtube, and I should be glad, to see more like this in future."
August 22nd, 2008
- Sion Fullana
- September 2007
- Palma de Majorca / Barcelona (Spain)
- New York City, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Visual Storyteller: Photographer/Journalist /Filmmaker