A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- Hull 29,534 photos, 1,196 members
- Yorkshire 225,017 photos, 5,143 members
- COUNTY OF ESSEX -- 17,191 photos, 478 members
- Essex Architecture 1,162 photos, 139 members
- The Development and Construction of London 3,373 photos, 136 members
- London Streets 138,211 photos, 12,179 members
- Glasgow Photo 1,012 photos, 3,235 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 2,919 photos, 1,732 members
- Ayrshire 34,059 photos, 700 members
- Scottish Ruins 2,216 photos, 182 members
- Scotland 589,316 photos, 18,756 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 7,377 photos, 276 members
- dr cream street art 408 photos, 44 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,221 photos, 683 members
- London Shot Collective 6,273 photos, 285 members
- Bakerloo Line 417 photos, 62 members
- Father Ted 89 photos, 54 members
- Lost Clothes 101 photos, 20 members
- City and Architecture 18,796 photos, 4,110 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 579 photos, 2,727 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 122,955 photos, 3,575 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 192,809 photos, 4,343 members
- Portrush 1,484 photos, 72 members
- Portstewart 1,069 photos, 72 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 430,187 photos, 17,288 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 435 photos, 101 members
- amywinehouse 266 photos, 136 members
- amy winehouse 382 photos, 181 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,724 photos, 98 members
- Doctor Who 19,453 photos, 2,122 members
- Window seat please 113,867 photos, 30,261 members
- Space-Invaders 40,234 photos, 2,716 members
- Space Invaders London 2,951 photos, 317 members
- Not Real People 37,240 photos, 1,991 members
- Boing Boing 136,606 photos, 5,240 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 711,967 photos, 51,794 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 57 photos, 15 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,241 photos, 114 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,240 photos, 200 members
- Mannequin 28,814 photos, 3,736 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 130,694 photos, 8,495 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 25 photos, 90 members
- @AubadeMagazine 21,320 photos, 486 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,860 photos, 21,632 members
- dinosaurs! 14,597 photos, 2,083 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 57,835 photos, 1,695 members
- Pumpkin 7,209 photos, 1,483 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 575 photos, 227 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,846 photos, 430 members
- Belfast City 12,535 photos, 647 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken