A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- COUNTY OF ESSEX -- 15,121 photos, 460 members
- Essex Architecture 1,007 photos, 130 members
- The Development and Construction of London 2,927 photos, 125 members
- London Streets 130,967 photos, 11,135 members
- Glasgow Photo 1,033 photos, 3,237 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 2,451 photos, 1,756 members
- Ayrshire 31,748 photos, 686 members
- Scottish Ruins 1,935 photos, 169 members
- Scotland 553,546 photos, 18,163 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 7,344 photos, 271 members
- dr cream street art 381 photos, 45 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,218 photos, 679 members
- London Shot Collective 6,506 photos, 283 members
- Bakerloo Line 357 photos, 57 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 53 members
- Lost Clothes 101 photos, 18 members
- City and Architecture 19,107 photos, 4,011 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 590 photos, 2,672 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 106,361 photos, 3,486 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 201,671 photos, 4,463 members
- Portrush 1,469 photos, 71 members
- Portstewart 1,062 photos, 71 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 414,664 photos, 17,287 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 444 photos, 101 members
- amywinehouse 267 photos, 136 members
- amy winehouse 374 photos, 177 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,719 photos, 100 members
- Doctor Who 19,432 photos, 2,108 members
- Window seat please 111,239 photos, 30,085 members
- Space-Invaders 36,616 photos, 2,708 members
- Space Invaders London 2,810 photos, 317 members
- Not Real People 37,566 photos, 1,991 members
- Boing Boing 132,315 photos, 5,257 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 704,926 photos, 51,727 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 58 photos, 15 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,239 photos, 116 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,242 photos, 198 members
- Mannequin 27,630 photos, 3,702 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 126,975 photos, 8,425 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 26 photos, 88 members
- AUBADE Magazine 19,207 photos, 471 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,010 photos, 21,860 members
- dinosaurs! 14,048 photos, 2,064 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 54,135 photos, 1,648 members
- Pumpkin 6,933 photos, 1,449 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 570 photos, 222 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,887 photos, 429 members
- Belfast City 11,891 photos, 631 members
- Alien Skin Software 30,103 photos, 2,343 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 7,588 photos, 2,346 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken