A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- COUNTY OF ESSEX -- 14,135 photos, 446 members
- Essex Architecture 955 photos, 128 members
- The Development and Construction of London 2,736 photos, 117 members
- London Streets 116,200 photos, 10,259 members
- Glasgow Photo 1,003 photos, 3,208 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,615 photos, 1,788 members
- Ayrshire 29,891 photos, 679 members
- Scottish Ruins 1,653 photos, 158 members
- Scotland 531,510 photos, 17,794 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 7,291 photos, 262 members
- dr cream street art 349 photos, 46 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,214 photos, 673 members
- London Shot Collective 6,524 photos, 282 members
- Bakerloo Line 315 photos, 56 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 53 members
- Lost Clothes 101 photos, 18 members
- City and Architecture 19,239 photos, 3,875 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 591 photos, 2,617 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 98,133 photos, 3,401 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 181,065 photos, 4,371 members
- Portrush 1,451 photos, 70 members
- Portstewart 1,057 photos, 71 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 406,694 photos, 17,285 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 443 photos, 101 members
- amywinehouse 267 photos, 134 members
- amy winehouse 364 photos, 172 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,824 photos, 99 members
- Doctor Who 19,911 photos, 2,115 members
- Window seat please 109,100 photos, 29,794 members
- Space-Invaders 34,697 photos, 2,698 members
- Space Invaders London 2,731 photos, 314 members
- Not Real People 37,711 photos, 1,986 members
- Boing Boing 128,692 photos, 5,270 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 698,341 photos, 51,535 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 58 photos, 15 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,236 photos, 116 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,249 photos, 198 members
- Mannequin 26,952 photos, 3,668 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 124,400 photos, 8,360 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 26 photos, 88 members
- AUBADE Magazine 18,164 photos, 454 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,102 photos, 21,982 members
- dinosaurs! 13,764 photos, 2,036 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 50,757 photos, 1,585 members
- Pumpkin 6,978 photos, 1,455 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 569 photos, 218 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,872 photos, 424 members
- Belfast City 11,249 photos, 605 members
- Alien Skin Software 29,247 photos, 2,327 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 7,410 photos, 2,353 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken