A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- The Development and Construction of London 2,646 photos, 116 members
- London Streets 108,004 photos, 9,815 members
- Glasgow Photo 945 photos, 3,180 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,195 photos, 1,815 members
- Ayrshire 29,128 photos, 673 members
- Scottish Ruins 1,518 photos, 151 members
- Scotland 515,520 photos, 17,533 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 7,126 photos, 261 members
- dr cream street art 329 photos, 46 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,205 photos, 676 members
- London Shot Collective 6,595 photos, 280 members
- Bakerloo Line 302 photos, 53 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 53 members
- Lost Clothes 101 photos, 18 members
- City and Architecture 19,532 photos, 3,800 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 592 photos, 2,587 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 93,292 photos, 3,348 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 166,546 photos, 4,289 members
- Portrush 1,405 photos, 70 members
- Portstewart 1,052 photos, 70 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 400,493 photos, 17,271 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 435 photos, 99 members
- amywinehouse 263 photos, 134 members
- amy winehouse 363 photos, 171 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,852 photos, 98 members
- Doctor Who 19,797 photos, 2,111 members
- Window seat please 109,436 photos, 29,133 members
- Space-Invaders 33,611 photos, 2,689 members
- Space Invaders London 2,694 photos, 311 members
- Not Real People 37,654 photos, 1,987 members
- Boing Boing 126,417 photos, 5,277 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 696,277 photos, 51,399 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 57 photos, 14 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,233 photos, 116 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,250 photos, 195 members
- Mannequin 26,446 photos, 3,650 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 122,416 photos, 8,302 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 25 photos, 87 members
- AUBADE Magazine 17,240 photos, 438 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,152 photos, 22,062 members
- dinosaurs! 13,650 photos, 2,020 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 48,419 photos, 1,571 members
- Pumpkin 6,689 photos, 1,399 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 567 photos, 218 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,893 photos, 424 members
- Belfast City 10,776 photos, 586 members
- Alien Skin Software 28,519 photos, 2,320 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 7,255 photos, 2,357 members
- am i still ill? 2,318 photos, 510 members
- Star Wars 63,616 photos, 6,313 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken