A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- COUNTY OF ESSEX -- 13,871 photos, 439 members
- Essex Architecture 948 photos, 127 members
- The Development and Construction of London 2,696 photos, 117 members
- London Streets 112,363 photos, 10,017 members
- Glasgow Photo 978 photos, 3,194 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,352 photos, 1,797 members
- Ayrshire 29,520 photos, 676 members
- Scottish Ruins 1,586 photos, 157 members
- Scotland 525,293 photos, 17,681 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 7,220 photos, 262 members
- dr cream street art 340 photos, 46 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,209 photos, 675 members
- London Shot Collective 6,527 photos, 281 members
- Bakerloo Line 310 photos, 56 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 53 members
- Lost Clothes 101 photos, 18 members
- City and Architecture 19,433 photos, 3,838 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 592 photos, 2,607 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 96,216 photos, 3,379 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 174,918 photos, 4,331 members
- Portrush 1,448 photos, 70 members
- Portstewart 1,057 photos, 71 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 404,013 photos, 17,272 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 438 photos, 100 members
- amywinehouse 267 photos, 134 members
- amy winehouse 363 photos, 172 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,852 photos, 99 members
- Doctor Who 19,859 photos, 2,112 members
- Window seat please 109,251 photos, 29,679 members
- Space-Invaders 34,183 photos, 2,696 members
- Space Invaders London 2,696 photos, 313 members
- Not Real People 37,650 photos, 1,982 members
- Boing Boing 128,137 photos, 5,270 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 697,539 photos, 51,478 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 58 photos, 15 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,234 photos, 116 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,250 photos, 196 members
- Mannequin 26,740 photos, 3,658 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 123,408 photos, 8,331 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 25 photos, 87 members
- AUBADE Magazine 17,838 photos, 447 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,116 photos, 22,011 members
- dinosaurs! 13,724 photos, 2,035 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 49,831 photos, 1,577 members
- Pumpkin 6,848 photos, 1,434 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 568 photos, 218 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,882 photos, 425 members
- Belfast City 11,052 photos, 598 members
- Alien Skin Software 28,989 photos, 2,328 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 7,392 photos, 2,354 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken