A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- The Development and Construction of London 2,624 photos, 115 members
- London Streets 106,148 photos, 9,756 members
- Glasgow Photo 951 photos, 3,182 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,173 photos, 1,817 members
- Ayrshire 29,097 photos, 669 members
- Scottish Ruins 1,497 photos, 147 members
- Scotland 514,860 photos, 17,436 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 7,101 photos, 262 members
- dr cream street art 329 photos, 46 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,204 photos, 678 members
- London Shot Collective 6,625 photos, 281 members
- Bakerloo Line 299 photos, 53 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 53 members
- Lost Clothes 101 photos, 18 members
- City and Architecture 19,567 photos, 3,780 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 604 photos, 2,582 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 92,032 photos, 3,333 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 162,864 photos, 4,267 members
- Portrush 1,396 photos, 69 members
- Portstewart 1,046 photos, 70 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 399,245 photos, 17,246 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 445 photos, 97 members
- amywinehouse 263 photos, 134 members
- amy winehouse 363 photos, 171 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,847 photos, 98 members
- Doctor Who 19,757 photos, 2,110 members
- Window seat please 109,081 photos, 28,940 members
- Space-Invaders 33,220 photos, 2,686 members
- Space Invaders London 2,676 photos, 310 members
- Not Real People 37,658 photos, 1,988 members
- Boing Boing 125,639 photos, 5,279 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 695,404 photos, 51,350 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 57 photos, 14 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,229 photos, 116 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,250 photos, 196 members
- Mannequin 26,319 photos, 3,641 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 121,864 photos, 8,286 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 25 photos, 88 members
- AUBADE Magazine 17,019 photos, 435 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,162 photos, 22,075 members
- dinosaurs! 13,608 photos, 2,012 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 47,985 photos, 1,565 members
- Pumpkin 6,689 photos, 1,397 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 567 photos, 218 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,899 photos, 424 members
- Belfast City 10,702 photos, 581 members
- Alien Skin Software 28,286 photos, 2,318 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 7,221 photos, 2,356 members
- am i still ill? 2,324 photos, 510 members
- Star Wars 63,171 photos, 6,298 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken