A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- The Development and Construction of London 2,503 photos, 111 members
- London Streets 85,777 photos, 8,734 members
- Glasgow Photo 788 photos, 3,129 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,001 photos, 1,853 members
- Ayrshire 27,247 photos, 652 members
- Scottish Ruins 1,274 photos, 127 members
- Scotland 483,137 photos, 16,812 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 6,670 photos, 256 members
- dr cream street art 311 photos, 46 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,146 photos, 666 members
- London Shot Collective 6,685 photos, 278 members
- Bakerloo Line 272 photos, 50 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 52 members
- Lost Clothes 99 photos, 16 members
- City and Architecture 19,797 photos, 3,404 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 620 photos, 2,437 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 79,995 photos, 3,213 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 130,506 photos, 3,997 members
- Portrush 1,274 photos, 67 members
- Portstewart 1,023 photos, 69 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 381,685 photos, 17,045 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 433 photos, 99 members
- amywinehouse 263 photos, 135 members
- amy winehouse 363 photos, 168 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 1,852 photos, 97 members
- Doctor Who 19,163 photos, 2,080 members
- Window seat please 106,484 photos, 27,192 members
- Space-Invaders 30,547 photos, 2,672 members
- Space Invaders London 2,369 photos, 310 members
- Not Real People 37,672 photos, 1,979 members
- Boing Boing 117,385 photos, 5,266 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 685,633 photos, 50,819 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 57 photos, 14 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,252 photos, 116 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,265 photos, 196 members
- Mannequin 25,366 photos, 3,580 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 118,938 photos, 8,154 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 22 photos, 84 members
- AUBADE Magazine 15,648 photos, 399 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,290 photos, 22,259 members
- dinosaurs! 13,243 photos, 1,989 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 43,688 photos, 1,476 members
- Pumpkin 6,686 photos, 1,398 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 572 photos, 212 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,822 photos, 426 members
- Belfast City 9,650 photos, 537 members
- Alien Skin Software 25,265 photos, 2,269 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 7,094 photos, 2,359 members
- am i still ill? 2,238 photos, 505 members
- Star Wars 58,262 photos, 5,930 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
December 8th, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
March 9th, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
July 27th, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
July 15th, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
February 28th, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
February 2nd, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
September 1st, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
June 23rd, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
May 30th, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
March 24th, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
February 18th, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
February 4th, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken