Insect macro photographers are a dime a dozen, and I'm just another one.....
Only I'm way worse at identifying my subjects, I have the books goo.gl/FvA2bK, but not the patience some times.
I love you guys.
To the people I follow on flickr. You guys/girls are the best, and that's why I follow you. Amazing work, and an inspiration for me to get better at what I love. Thanks!
I love shooting macro photos, and nature photos in general. I really like to shoot insects and animals, but I've been known to shoot just about anything.
Grew up using Canon cameras, AE-1 Program, A1, G12, 60D and now a 7D MKII.
Have shot everything from the above, to Kodak Vest Pocket cameras, Graflex Crown Graphics....4x5's and 2x3's, An old Kodak Panoramic, and other assorted 620, and 120 roll film cameras. After all of this, and years looking through the back of a camera, I still consider myself an amateur photographer, a hobbyist, a beginner. I learn something every time I go out.
I've never really shot photos, or subjects that most people think of as normal. :-) I like to take photos of moments you don't normally see, or walk right by and don't notice. I like to get down in the bushes and weeds and show people a little glimpse of what they're missing out on seeing by rushing through their day.
All of my nature photos, insects and animals I license under a Creative Commons license with attribution. My hope is that if you need an image of an insect or critter for an article, a class, a book, a website, an album cover, etc. You can freely use it without worry. I won't sue! It's my small way of giving back. I have fun chasing the critters, and you can have fun using the images. I appreciate messages telling me where you used my images, but it's not necessary, it's just fun for me to see where they're used.
I told my Mother this today while I was visiting and photographing insects in her garden.
"It's very frustrating spending hours looking at bushes and flowers and not seeing any insects to photograph, while I know perfectly well that there were probably hundreds of little eyes looking back at me wondering what I was looking for." Insects are not always easy to spot! :-)
August 11th 2018 - Uploaded my 700th Insect/Spider photo to Flickr. All licensed under the (CC) Creative Commons Attribution License. FYI. My "Fur, Feathers and Scales" images are also licensed under the (CC) Creative Commons Attribution License.
I'm now working on 1000 insect images uploaded to Flickr under an (Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)) license. Share, transform, remix, adapt!!! Working hard, hunting down more SoCal insects for you to use in your classrooms, and teachings. Wish me luck.
One thing I'll mention, although I don't know if this makes me a horrible photographer or just an honest one. For every photo I upload to my Flickr page, I've probably taken ten, and uploaded the single best one out of ten. I'm not taking snapshots, I'm hopefully taking photos people can use for something along the way.. Hopefully I'm not prolific, but more proficient.
Photos of siamesepuppy (8)
- Boing Boing 136,492 photos, 5,130 members
- Speedway 4,289 photos, 391 members
- Insects, spiders, and their relatives in the Californias 2,181 photos, 57 members
- Birds birds birds birds! 626,644 photos, 37,604 members
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro 154,206 photos, 7,688 members
- Macro Viewers 189,961 photos, 6,944 members
- Fly, Fly, Fly With Me 209 photos, 42 members
- Grasshoppers 7,684 photos, 1,437 members
- Dragonfly & Damselfly Moments (P 1 - A 2) 75,001 photos, 6,259 members
- Insect Photography 620,522 photos, 27,871 members
- Butterfly Beauty 201,575 photos, 13,170 members
- RAYNOX DCR250 41,275 photos, 4,215 members
- Canon Powershot G12 54,279 photos, 2,490 members
- Canon G12 Macro 1,445 photos, 88 members
- Insect Macro Photography 670,838 photos, 32,556 members
- Picture Disc & Colored Records 653 photos, 63 members
- Adam Yauch (MCA) 145 photos, 32 members
- Beastie Boys 497 photos, 170 members
siamesepuppy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- April 2009
- Southern California
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer of small critters.
- siamesepuppy [at] yahoo.com