All images in this photostream are ©Fadzly Mubin. These images are not free stock, please contact me directly if you would like to use a photograph from my stream
Shooting with film is a bit like fishing. Well, sometimes it is more satisfying to just sit by the shore and think about where the fish are and catch one or two rather than going all out on a commercial trawler and catch tons of tuna.
Hi, my name is Fadzly Mubin and I'm from Terengganu, Malaysia a state well known for its beaches. Photography is a hobby which I started in 2007.
My cameras: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, Leica R6, Nikon FM2
You can also follow some of my works elsewhere at: PhotoSiG, on Photo-Net and also on the Leica User Group Gallery
The art of photography is more than technique and equipment. It is a dynamic form of communication. So go the extra mile with your work: research your subjects, explore the issues, and focus on educational purpose and politics. Put yourself, and your work, out there on a limb and take a stand. Put it where people can see it and learn from it. Take it to the web, to schools, to the media, to the local governments and institutions in your own back yard. But do SOMETHING other than just accumulate images!
Photos of Fadzly @ Shutterhack (5)
- 6x6 -COLOR- *120Film ONLY* NO Toycamera, NO X-Processed 163,840 photos, 6,725 members
- The Zeiss Ikon Contax 2,931 photos, 353 members
- 6x6 Film Portraits 29,200 photos, 2,478 members
- Urban Sketchers 265,004 photos, 10,349 members
- National Geographic | World Wide 1,459,208 photos, 39,105 members
- They Shoot Film, Don't They? 541,171 photos, 9,352 members
- I Shoot Film Scanner Group. 50,917 photos, 2,021 members
- 6x9 Photography 22,149 photos, 1,972 members
- Long Live FILM - a worldwide revolution 98,617 photos, 2,557 members
- HASSELBLAD BW 32,481 photos, 4,054 members
- TriX Lovers 118,151 photos, 6,565 members
- FUJI pro 160c/160s/400h/800z 31,334 photos, 2,725 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,524,103 photos, 119,403 members
- Aut - Aut 86,703 photos, 1,701 members
- Film Explosion 394,178 photos, 5,757 members
- BelieveInFilm.com 82,407 photos, 1,301 members
- SmellyPlastik 3,162 photos, 125 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 34,718 photos, 16,655 members
- Upgrade to Film 383,430 photos, 5,162 members
- Mamiya RZ67 / Pro & Pro II (NO RB) 15,853 photos, 1,999 members
- Pentax 67 (6x7, 67, 67II) 60,151 photos, 5,768 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 71,791 photos, 6,048 members
- Nikon D50 Users 177,317 photos, 6,943 members
- SJohnson's Fauna ~ Add 1 foto, Award 2! ~ 173,426 photos, 8,046 members
- Nikon 58mm f/1.2 Noct 1,769 photos, 457 members
- M6 & MP LEICA 104,783 photos, 4,835 members
- Sunderland University 689 photos, 60 members
- JEJAK LENSA 603 photos, 34 members
- Environmental Portraiture Yeah! 20,681 photos, 1,049 members
- Generous Comments (Please comment on other people's photos!!!) 1,312 photos, 237 members
- Film Photography Podcast 385,830 photos, 11,053 members
- I Love Film 791,467 photos, 10,994 members
- Bokeh Panoramas 4,302 photos, 1,307 members
- Leica and Rangefinders Australia 9,776 photos, 273 members
- Classic Camera Repair & Maintenance 1,822 photos, 711 members
- Gakkenflex & Recesky 6,697 photos, 1,233 members
- ***All beautiful shots and many more. 15,939 photos, 14,781 members
- Contax G1&G2 54,912 photos, 3,848 members
- Nikon Rangefinder 9,065 photos, 400 members
- Colors at night and on film 1,303 photos, 121 members
- 120MY 21,820 photos, 374 members
- Contax 645 User Group 12,923 photos, 1,834 members
- Photography is not a crime 2,160 photos, 2,533 members
- we have fun and megapixels bore the shit out of us 111,631 photos, 3,357 members
- League of the White Plastic Chair 673 photos, 85 members
- Flickr Automotive 445,303 photos, 7,923 members
- Automotive Rigs 16,803 photos, 1,635 members
- Car Camera Mount 2,139 photos, 429 members
- Rig shots 3,270 photos, 767 members
- ClubSNAP 30,153 photos, 1,027 members
- Wild Colours of Film 11 photos
- Bicycle Galore 15 photos
- Alternative Landscapes Part 3 18 photos
- Stunning Interiors 11 photos
- Alternative Landscapes Part 2 16 photos
- Alternative Landscapes Part 1 16 photos
- Finger lickin' shots 14 photos
- Look into my eyes 3 photos
- Among the leaves 5 photos
- The Professionals 12 photos
- Cool in the Gang 14 photos
- Moody 2 photos
- Smile 2 photos
- Piercing Gaze 4 photos
- E6 Development 2 photos
- Celebrating Motherhood 12 photos
- When lights are scarce 16 photos
- Moody Hues 12 photos
- Grain Galore 5 photos
- Seeing the world in a grain 12 photos
- Creative MF Portraits 13 photos
- Solitude 15 photos
- Super Wide Heliar 6 photos
- Architecture (film) 1 photo
- Architecture (digital) 15 photos
- Artistic Black and Whites 14 photos
- Sliding Colours 7 photos
- Stunning B&W Silhouetes (MF) 5 photos
- Great Pastels on Film 11 photos
- Outstanding Superwide Street Shots 9 photos
- Great Environmental Portraits on Medium Format 11 photos
- Nothing last forever 15 photos
- Dinosaurs on two wheels 10 photos
- Malaysian Film Junkies (Part 2) 10 photos
- Cream of the Malaysian film junkies 14 photos
- Street portraits with a RF and 35mm lens. 12 photos
- Camera Girls (MF film) 12 photos
- Two's Company (MF film) 12 photos
- Take it to the limits (MF film) 2 photos
- Nurturing Life (MF film) 13 photos
- Sexy beasts built to last 11 photos
- Life's a beach (film) 17 photos
- Beach Portraits (MF Film) 8 photos
- Abstract Beach Scenes (MF film) 5 photos
- The Street in Colour (35mm RF) 17 photos
- Patterns in Decay (Mamiya 6/7) 3 photos
- Superb Architectural Shots 16 photos
- Beautiful Street Portraits 10 photos
- Mamiya 6/7 (Landscapes) 15 photos
"Mr. Mubin is a rare animal in these parts.
His emphasis on the meaning and prospective application of the power of photography is inspiring. With each of his photographs you immediately feel as if there is a story unfurling, an epic moment in life that yearns to be regaled, if only in the viewer’s imagination. The richness of tonality and the crispness of his compositions pull you in and make you think, wonder and sometimes dream. His work duly reminds us that a picture is sometimes worth a thousand words.
Kudos, I look forward to seeing more.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
November 3rd, 2010
your pictures are of consistent very high quality and I really feel honoured that you choose me as a contact.I watch your photos very often and enjoy myself doing so.
February 22nd, 2010
"Viewing this stream is such a delight which keeps me coming back."
August 22nd, 2009
"Shutterhack's images are like the unique beauty from a captain's eyes."
April 13th, 2009
"Shuttershack a.k.a Fazly Mubin, inspired me most when came to photography, what can I say here is.. I like all his posted image most and trying to follow what he had done to the image, how he composed all the image in that way.. all the story behind the image. Last but not least keep it up bro."
February 4th, 2009
"It´s a pleasure and a honour to have been added from you like a contact, its means you like my work,from such a good photographer, plenty of quality and sight to shot amazing moments.Congrats for your work, its awesome.
January 5th, 2009
"Shutterhack is one of the promising Photographers that I have seen here on Flickr. His skills and composition in dealing with images enables him to produce outstanding work that really shows the depth of a scene and vividly brings the picture to life. Whether it be a landscape, macro or a candid shot of someone in the street his photos show true artistry.
Keep up the great work Shutterhack."
November 9th, 2008
D Mikho says:
"Shutterhack always finds one way or another to amaze me. His talent is endless in finding beauty in everything he does and portraying the beauty in his photos. While everyone can take a photo of something beautiful not everyone can show the beauty as he can, and I hope someday to be half as talented :)"
September 7th, 2008
"Mr. Fadzly Mubin is really a talented person. He has a very special talent in capturing the moment in his photographs which tells a story and invoke deep thoughts in the person. It is very inspiring indeed to me. Personally, i like his style of photography and lengthy stories and photos with strong colours. Please continue to share with us your photos and hope to learn something from you."
July 25th, 2008
Great work, congrats!!!
You've got amazings pictures. I`m a big fan of yours.
July 22nd, 2008
"Mr Fadzly Mubin is one of the most talented people on Flickr... he always stays consistent with his style and quality and one of my favorites photostream...
i hope he can teach me to be a great photographer like him..."
July 18th, 2008
secret mailbox says:
"your work is amazing and very inspiring. brilliant! It's great to open my account and to see a new photo from you. Thanks for sharing your work with us."
July 16th, 2008
Tsaqib Al-Hasawi says:
"Unic style that is gloomy style or we say dark style!"
June 22nd, 2008
"...I'm not used to write testimonials but... Shutterhack's Works are always great ArtWorks and looking at his stream is a fantastic experience for me and, I think, for everyone... thank You!
May 4th, 2008
"what can i say..
great picture is not have a meaning without man behind that."
April 20th, 2008
imago2007 (BUSY) says:
"“Attend to the tiniest detail with the same craftsmanship and care that you afford the gross. Reach out and touch others with your thoughts. Think big. Move in close. Dig deep. Stay vigilant. Reach for the stars.”
These are Fadzly’s words which he left on one of my posts the very first time he visited my stream. I don’t know how he stumbled upon one of my photos but I am truly glad he did. Or else, I might never have had the pleasure of being constantly amazed and inspired by his images. Fadzly’s work truly personifies the literal meaning of the word “photography” – that is, “to draw with light”. His use of light and shadow is masterful, to say the least. His images are eloquent; rich in symbolism and metaphor. They are captured moments worth keeping in a very special memory box, to be looked at every now and then, if only to be reminded of how those moments might have changed the way you look at the world.
Fadzly, I feel so honored to call you my friend, and supremely lucky to be able to see the world through your eyes.
Virginia - California, USA"
April 11th, 2008
"Mr. Fadzly Mubin aka Shutterhack. Hmm :) what I can say about this man,
there's something special and deep about Shutterhack's photography. When I look through Shutterhack's work I remember again what photography is all about. He tells stories with his images. His work full of atmosphere and brooding mood. Keep it up man!"
March 24th, 2008
"The fisherman stood on the dock. There was something about the sea that was wrong. The color, maybe, or the sound it made. He wasn't sure. But he knew that it was angry."
February 11th, 2008
"Indeed, shutterhack has a deep, meaningful way with words.
The more I view and observe his work, the more they become like windows to shutterhack's eyes and creative mind. I am impressed and inspired by the way he interprets the images and moments through the view-finder. I'm honoured that he has commented on some of my work- truly, you're an inspiration to me and to this wonderful world we call PHOTOGRAPHY.
Thank you shutterhack for your influence
October 15th, 2007
Isaí Moreno says:
"When I see the Shutterhack's photos I think in this words: eye: lens, mind: laboratory, camera: pen wich ink is liquid light."
October 6th, 2007
"Lampi nel buio. A questo penso quando guardo i lavori di shutterhack, in tutti i sensi: in quello che le sue foto rappresentano nel flickr-mondo; in quello della sua luce (sempre sorprendente) capace di penetrare le ombre più profonde; in quello fondamentale ed evidente a tutti di trasmettere (merce rara oggigiorno) la necessità e la speranza di cambiare il mondo.
Coming soon: english version (I need some help to translate it properly )"
October 6th, 2007
Grin and Barrett says:
"Fadzly "gets it."
By that I mean he understands that communities like Flickr are about more than each of us vainly strutting our stuff. At its best the Internet can be used as a global diplomat that circumvents repressive politics and religion and economies that keep us fragmented and separated. At its worse, it's a narcissistic orgy.
Flickr is and should be fun. I enjoy my binges. But Flickr is ultimately an educational and diplomatic resource that shrinks the international divide. We should use it as a bridge to our common humanity as much as we use it as a toy.
And in that way, Fradzly "gets it" and helps me and others understand also."
September 29th, 2007
Gianni A. Neiviller says:
"I am in total awe of shutterhack ... Not only are his photos amazing but he really has a way with words, not just ordinary words but deep get down to your soul words ... Thank you for sharing your vision !!!"
September 26th, 2007
perfect property says:
"Hello Mr Shutterhack ... The word which comes to me to the spirit for describe your photo stream is Excellence ... This word is valid for your photos and your texts ...Both combined have a prominent Artistic impact and a powerfull Message ... I 'm honored to have write your first testimonial... Good continuation Fadzly ..."
September 13th, 2007
grey battle says:
"I just saw his Stream for a short time, but what a saw is breathtaking!!
These photos full emotions and intense feelings...these colours, angle and compositions!! Really Unique!
Absolutely great my friend. Keep on going!!
Your shots are really an enrichment to this world!!!
God bless you and your beloved ones!!!"
September 12th, 2007
- Fadzly Mubin
- June 2007
- Kuala Terengganu
- Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
- I am:
- Human Resource
- Writing with Light