Photos in this Flickr stream are © all rights reserved. Blogging is allowed for friends/family contacts only. Professional images now also watermarked. Please be respectful of my photo copyrights and this policy. If you take it, you buy it.
Robyn is a 37-year old stay-at-home princess married to a professional computer geek named Todd, mom to a 6-year old son we were told she'd never conceive after years of infertility problems (born in February 2004), and mom to a second "hurricane surprise" 4-year old son (born in June 2005). Robyn was born and raised in Oklahoma, but lived in the Tampa Bay area for 10 years from January 1997 to January 2007. In January 2007, Todd started a new job and the family moved into our new home in Mouseville™ at the end of August '07. She'll take an F5 tornado over a Cat 5 hurricane any day. She graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1995 with a B.A. in History that she will never use. Boomer Sooner!
I have blogged previously at blogblogbaby.com, tampatantrum.com, and shutterblog.com.
Although I still consider myself very much an amateur when compared to others I admire, photography is something I'm learning on a daily basis and love very much.
When I first joined Flickr, I was constantly asked if I planned to go "pro" with photography. Fate helped answer that question for me on July 21, 2006.
You can see the majority of my older photographs online at www.shutterblog.com and www.lomo-motion.com -- unless they include my childrens' full-faces. Sorry, but those will always remain behind passworded sites and / or be available to friends and family only... I've noticed lately that all of my best (and most frequent) photography includes my kids, but that's just the breaks I guess!
You'll notice all the personal "family" photos in my stream are broken up into two categories -- "B.C." (before children) and "A.D." (after diapers). As I made the transition from 30-something to mommy, my photography did as well.
Unless otherwise noted, most images displayed were taken with a Canon PowerShot G3 from early January 2003 to late summer 2004. Photos starting in early fall 2004 through early fall 2006 were taken with my Nikon D70 Digital SLR. Photos starting in early fall 2006 thru early summer 2008 were taken with a Nikon D200 Digital SLR. And starting July 2008 and beyond, I upgraded to my new precious - the Nikon D300 Digital SLR. (But I am keeping my D200 as backup so it might still show up on occasion. The D70 is being handed down to Mr. Shutterblog.)
My current lenses are the Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro (purchased 01.06), Tamron SP 28-75mm F2.8 (purchased 03.06), the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF (purchased 10.05), the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D AF (purchased 04.07), and the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF (purchased 11.07). In 2005 I received a Nikon SB-600 speedlight flash for my birthday (11.05), and the Lensbaby 2.0 and Lensbaby Macro Kit for Christmas (12.05). I upgraded to the SB-800 speedlight in May 2008. I've done my best to figure out how to use my new big-girl toys effectively. I sold my Nikkor kit lens (18-70mm AF-S DX f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED Zoom) and Sigma 70-300/4-5.6 APO Super II Macro Zoom in January 2006. I replaced the D70 kit lens with the Nikkor 60mm, and the Sigma with the Tamron 28-75mm. I also like to rent lenses for sessions and in times of boredom, so some of the older and more recent photos in my stream will be tagged accordingly.
I also shoot with a Holga 120 SF and Lomo Kompakt Automat 35mm when the mood strikes me (and my duties as mommy allow me to do so).
If you're looking for my templates, try here:
Special thanks go out to ginadapooh & Norby for gifting my Flickr pro account!
"Every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she's a photographer." Stewie
"Why are we still requesting people say 'cheese'? Was there a time in history when like photography and cheese were like the shit?" Dane Cook
Photos of shutterblog (2)
- Composite Newborn Portraits - by Pro Photogs for Baby Safety 873 photos, 568 members
- STS-134 344 photos, 45 members
- STS-133 628 photos, 122 members
- Imaging USA 543 photos, 101 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 55,023 photos, 8,450 members
- Disney Resort Hotels 4,152 photos, 448 members
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2010 20 photos, 60 members
- lovely package: 1,124 photos, 431 members
- I <3 client products 19 photos, 141 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,332 members
- American cocker spaniel 2,241 photos, 142 members
- COCKER - COCKER SPANIEL 18,072 photos, 1,788 members
- Best In Show (dog photography/invite only!) 23,057 photos, 6,013 members
- Promote This! 1,618 photos, 920 members
- Nice Package! 12,837 photos, 4,175 members
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2009 15 photos, 85 members
- STS-127 81 photos, 19 members
- Creative Props for Children and Baby Photography 5,376 photos, 1,005 members
- Broken Appliance Alliance 271 photos, 92 members
- Appliances That Suck 53 photos, 18 members
- Prop Finds for Prop Addicts 7,868 photos, 1,920 members
- Star Wars A-Go-Go! 13,387 photos, 421 members
- Prop Insanity! 14,019 photos, 3,430 members
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2008 18 photos, 68 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 13,962 photos, 12,918 members
- Photographers Home Workspace 25 photos, 79 members
- STS-126 117 photos, 32 members
- Bangs! 26 photos, 34 members
- Tropical Storm Fay 394 photos, 73 members
- childs play - photoshop actions 3,502 photos, 1,296 members
- Nikon D300 Club 66,093 photos, 1,651 members
- Nikon D300 Users 580,393 photos, 17,479 members
- Pretty Organized 9,645 photos, 4,746 members
- Fire and EMS 86,327 photos, 3,754 members
- *sweet n' shabby* 883 photos, 279 members
- Workspace Karma 290 photos, 232 members
- Tell it with a song and a photo (don't forget lyrics, title and 16,474 photos, 2,507 members
- Just Puppies! 34,085 photos, 4,703 members
- Why Beer? 5,814 photos, 264 members
- Ale's What Cures Ya: The Elevation of Beer 6,903 photos, 491 members
- BEER 84,151 photos, 9,669 members
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels 13,249 photos, 1,482 members
- Engagement Shots 30,691 photos, 4,690 members
- Engagements 36,607 photos, 3,947 members
- BLUDOMAIN USERS 5,538 photos, 1,112 members
- Textures for Layers 15,219 photos, 16,536 members
- Nick Jr 38 photos, 14 members
- Moo StickerBooks (Moo Stickers) 433 photos, 166 members
- A Very Flickr Christmas 109,442 photos, 11,872 members
- Christmas Advent Calendar 2007 17 photos, 130 members
"I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to writing about how awesome Robyn is. One of the main reasons I joined Flickr was to stalk- I mean, follow her photographic journey. Turns out she's just as nice and generous as she is talented. I enjoy everything she posts- her work is sure to inspire and sometimes make you laugh, as she's got a wonderful sense of humor. I'm honored to call her a friend."
February 16th, 2009
"What I love about Robyn:
She is a fantastic photographer and I love to stare at her photos and hope that something about them will ooze in through my eyes and register in my brain to come out in my work here and there.
She is nice.
She is always willing to share what she knows, and it is always extremely useful information.
She is a real person who goes through real stuff!
I totally count on her, so if she were to ever quit Flickr I would probably go into mourning.
She will probably be surprised at this testimonial. And I didn't write it because I am about to ask her for some advice, either!
I wrote it because I am long overdue in doing so."
September 9th, 2008
"Robyn is THE most creative person I know. She has so many ideas it's a wonder her head is normal size. I am constantly in awe of her abilities and talent (and she's freakin funny too!)"
September 26th, 2007
"I'm pretty sure Robyn doesn't know this, but she is THE reason I joined Flickr. I came across her images and instantly fell in love with her work. And check this out: Not only is she an incredibly talented photographer, she is one of the nicest people I've come across on this website. I've learned a TON from her - not only by inspiring to one day be great like her, but also through her willingness to share what she knows. And she's funny, too! So, thank you, Robyn - you really are one amazing chick. I wanna be like you when I grow up :)"
July 15th, 2007
"Robyn is one of the funnest, coolest, and down to earth ppl on Flickr. Always helpful with advice. Has the funniest stories. Awesome photographer. Has amazingly cute kids. Just an all around great person. I'm proud to call her a friend."
February 10th, 2007
Veronique Moisan says:
"With a quick look at Robyn's flickr stream, one would say that she is without a doubt passionated about photography. However big that passion is, she also exhibits through her photographs her passion for the people she loves and even people she only crosses paths with. Whether it is staging creative shots for a newborn photography session or raising money during Breast Cancer awareness month for reasearch, it is undeniable, her passion for photography and her love for other people is immensely inspiring.
Anne Geddes has got nothing on Robyn. Rock on sister!"
November 20th, 2006
"Robyn rocks, her photos inspire me to learn more about photography!"
July 2nd, 2006
"Robyn is the QUEEN of the set-up shot! It's undisputed. She has such wonderful imagination and talent it is rediculous. Makes me mad to tell you the truth. But just cuz I'm jealous :)"
April 5th, 2006
"You have developed such a unique and creative style of photography. I can spot your thumbnails in a crowd and think, "that's got to be Robyn's." You are always thinking outside the box and your use of props, a gift.
I've had the pleasure of being your friend for over half a decade. I would have never dreamed we would become even closer sharing our creative side. This last year on flickr, sharing our love for photographing our children and now clients; it's amazing. I couldn't have done it without your support. I love you man."
March 30th, 2006
Mommy Jess says:
"Robyn is a wonderful photographer and a great friend to have. I am always inspired by her photos and her beautiful family!"
January 13th, 2006
Tara C says:
"Both in a photographic way and especially a personal way, I am inspiried by Shutterblog. Her pictures of her gorgeous boys amaze me, but her kindness, generosity, and perserverance (she *is* ready and deserving) are what endear her to me. From way back in the pre-kid, hot-tubbin' days I've been proud to call her friend."
December 17th, 2005
- May 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- domestic princess and part-time mamarazzi
- Paperie Boutique