Since my early childhood years I have always been interested in photography. Only in those early years it was mostly spent looking at pictures through family albums. That all changed in my pre-teen years when I got my first camera and discovered the magic in capturing moments in time. From the time my now young adult married children were born, to now presently having three small grandchildren..I Lost count of how many pictures I have of my entire family, and I’m still clicking away. :-)
I love nature, and not to many in my family that I love dearly get as excited as I do over my pictures of leaves, mushrooms, insects, flowers, birds, ect. ;-) ….so I came here to flickr to share my mostly all nature pictures, in this wonderful photographical community. I'm a complete amateur, and taking pictures for me is a hobby, as is my flickering. It’s a pretty fun hobby to, and a learning one as well. I have learned a lot here, and hope to continue to learn even more.
If you have visited my photo stream, and are considering making me a contact, please know that if I reciprocate that contact relationship back, I certainly don’t expect you to visit all of my pictures...but I do have a habit of spending most of my flickr time with the contacts I have more of a relationship with, then the ones I hardly hear from. ;-)
Besides nature photography, I enjoy studio still life, views from all over the world, and more…you may want to look at my favorites section, to get an idea of what I enjoy looking at when I’m here.
Thanks so much for stopping by! :-)
*Att: All of my work is copyright. Please do not download (take, or use) my photos/images for any purpose without my permission. You may contact me by flickr mail. Thank you.*
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
Photos of `Loriel (2)
- Fall Into Autumn 143,236 photos, 10,533 members
- Nature 3,524,618 photos, 103,559 members
- Nature With All Its Wonders 84,215 photos, 2,704 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,672 photos, 1,609 members
- Nature Photography 2,722,418 photos, 76,742 members
- *amazing nature* 427,990 photos, 7,118 members
- Water Birds 126,167 photos, 4,071 members
- Birds/Aves 219,487 photos, 4,661 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,283,585 photos, 34,893 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 33,829 photos, 18,416 members
- Featherweights ~ Post 1 - Award 2 - PLEASE COMMENT 16,534 photos, 737 members
- NATURE IS WONDERFUL (Post 1 - Award 3) PLEASE COMMENT 45,099 photos, 2,582 members
- Insect Photography 535,611 photos, 26,357 members
- closed for some time - sorry 93,278 photos, 5,550 members
- ~ Serene ~ 79,004 photos, 2,809 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,539 photos, 5,057 members
- Beautiful Nature (post 1 comment 5) 16,964 photos, 1,545 members
- * Birds inside and outside (post 1 ~ comment on 1) 184,626 photos, 5,234 members
- BiRDS are Beautiful 363,103 photos, 9,328 members
- Wildlife Photography 997,341 photos, 22,124 members
- NATURE is LOVELY 157,307 photos, 8,682 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 2,211,230 photos, 58,668 members
- 1-2-3 Nature 331,649 photos, 12,299 members
- Feathers+Beaks=Birds (P2 / C2) 177,711 photos, 7,395 members
- Backyard Bird Watching 126,646 photos, 3,004 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 227,328 photos, 9,483 members
- Incredible Nature 106,556 photos, 2,841 members
- **ALL KINDS OF BEAUTY** (Moderated! NO MODELS!) 370,067 photos, 13,833 members
- Super A+++ Award Queue Group 776 photos, 3,000 members
- Mother Nature (At her best) 141,140 photos, 3,799 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About ~ International ~ (moderated) 230,217 photos, 14,660 members
- *Eye~Jewels* ~ please comment on one 90,420 photos, 3,734 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 403,726 photos, 25,755 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,442,013 photos, 119,208 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 36,445 photos, 7,301 members
- Welcome To My World (WTMW) 256,973 photos, 5,689 members
- *Karma* 914,154 photos, 17,371 members
- Visual Poetry 294,948 photos, 11,016 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 541,603 photos, 28,739 members
- Black & White Pictures 330,152 photos, 8,149 members
- #1 Nature & Wildlife Photographers Corner 983,767 photos, 14,513 members
- Bird Fanatics! (No Limits) 1,100,483 photos, 21,872 members
- Yorkies 13,893 photos, 1,973 members
- Nature Group: From animals to plants. 447,580 photos, 9,883 members
- Backyard Birds 163,757 photos, 5,535 members
- *I Love Birds* 944,344 photos, 20,109 members
- All things beautiful in Nature (no humans or man made objects) 456,582 photos, 9,744 members
- Anything Nature 387,517 photos, 5,275 members
gustaf wallen says:
"`Loriel is a talented nature photographer and her captures of butterflies are extra ordinarily good.
She is such an excellent and versatile photographer. She makes everything look so beautiful and neat. Keep it up my friend! Thanks for sharing your artwork with us. God Bless `Loriel!"
June 11th, 2010
"Loriel is not only a fabulous photographer but she is such a wonderful kind person..she is always there to make a comment and give you encouragement...she has a heart of gold and I am so honored to have her as a contact and most of all a friend...thank you girlfriend for being you...your the best!!"
September 9th, 2009
Alin B. says:
"Looking through her eyes, Loriel show us a magical world through its excellent photographs, showing an extraordinary artistic talent and worthy to be followed. I hope that your great work will be rise more and more. Thank you for sharing your wonderful and amazing beautiful world! :)"
April 17th, 2009
"It's so easy to say nice things about Lori, she is one of the very nicest people on Flickr. The word that comes to my mind to describe her photography is tenderness. She treats each and every subject with the utmost respect and care and especially tenderness creating pictures of high quality and great depth..
And if that is not enough she is a most generous friend with thoughtful comments on anything I post. Please view her wonderful photostream. I think you'll find it lights up its own corner of Flickr."
December 11th, 2008
where do you start? With her beautiful photographs? Or is it in her undying support for her contacts? Or her thoughtful comments regarding others. Or is it in her inspirational work that she presents so beautifully. Or is it the fact that all of these things combined make one beautiful and extraordinary person. Always humble, always supporting, always there when you need a cheerful photograph to look at. I can honestly say I am awed by some of her work, and am very happy to have her as a contact.
October 25th, 2008
"Of your Animal Life Set:
Lori, you really are a very accomplished photographer - the whole set of these animals is something of which you should feel really proud. I live in an urban area, and without a car it is not easy to get deep into the countryside to do any photography. So often you have caught eye-contact which, in my opinion, makes any photograph not good but excellent. It has been good to have had this opportunity to check this set out. Thank you very much."
June 25th, 2008
"Lori you are one of the most wonderful and talented friend any one could ask for. You are an inspiration to all. The images you produce are a delight and so carefully captured. I for one was very pleased to have you back on Flickr. Thank you your support.
April 20th, 2008
"Lori is a wonderful Flickr friend and extremely talented photographer! She has the eye of an artist and each photo she displays is a jewel all in it's own. I eagerly anticipate new additions to her photostream. Besides being a wonderful photographer, she is also a great friend, always sparing ample time to comment on the photos of others and encourage them with her kind words!"
March 10th, 2008
* Pia * says:
"Lori is such a talented photographer both creatively and technically. She has an eye to see the beauty in nature and she captures it perfectly! Always a pleasure to see her work!"
September 10th, 2007
"Lori (AKA shutter-bugg) is not only a wonderful and talented photographer, but is also a great friend. I look forward to her work and her comments on a daily basis."
September 13th, 2007
"I think Lori would say she is pretty new to photography or at least digital photography, but if you look at her work I bet you will be blown away by her creativity, breadth of subject and technical skill in capture the perfect shot. But not only that, she is a wonder flickr friend and community member. Keep up the great work!"
May 8th, 2007
"Lori is not only a great photographer, she's also a great and kind critic. Her flowers are fantastically dreamy. Plus, she's a good flickr citizen, commenting and faving other's photos. -- Dan"
April 27th, 2007
Frank LI NY says:
"Lori. As always I am amazed and it brings me great pleasure knowing that you enjoy my photos. Thank you for your continued words of encouragement. Being surrounded by constant reminders of negativity I find that these brief moments of photographic bliss help keep me balanced and focused on the beauty which surround us if we just open up our blinders. I don’t know if I will ever attain your level of photographic genius but then again it’s the fun and brief moments of true sanity ( one in nature) that is really important. Again thank you Lori for all your kind words (you don’t know how much they have meant to me) and if you are ever in this neck of the woods it would give me great pleasure to buy you a Starbucks coffee or tea! Frank."
April 1st, 2007
janeeyre1 (Karen) says:
"I just love Lori's nature photography! You have such an eye for it!!
They are each like a little story, especially with the creative titles!
Always love seeing her stream!"
March 19th, 2007
"I am honored to be one of Lori’s friends on Flickr. I am always impressed by the beauty and softness of her images. She does a wonderful job capturing a mood or moment with great class and grace. Not only she is talented but she is very kind. Keep those beautiful views coming and I am happy to call Lori a friend.
February 22nd, 2007
- November 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken