Who knows what I'm doing here.
"About Me" ....
21 years old, live in Dublin, Ireland.
Please dont use any of my work without my permission, and email me with any questions you have- I love getting feedback and try to be good and always reply!
(oh! and its pronounced "New-zum"!)
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 23,738 photos, 6,935 members
- Videos on Flickr 37,541 photos, 21,141 members
- Alternate Realities: Surreal & Mystical Images 22,958 photos, 2,738 members
- dans la tête 2,052 photos, 91 members
- Female Self-Portrait Artists' Support Group (FSPASG) 5,114 photos, 259 members
- FSPASG ADMINS 0 photos, 30 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 76,023 photos, 6,509 members
- explosive breath of beauty 305 photos, 77 members
- Irish Flickr Users 85,258 photos, 1,351 members
- "That's My New Desktop Shot!" 2,689 photos, 127 members
- Vodafone Cheer Up Ireland 1,425 photos, 293 members
- 'Twas on an afternoon in Dublin... 924 photos, 75 members
- lovely and amazing vintage inspired 34,769 photos, 3,387 members
- "The Virgin Suicides" - photos inspired by the book or film 6,733 photos, 919 members
- Superosity 117,521 photos, 4,118 members
- Like a movie in Colors 3,350 photos, 636 members
- Dublin Strobist 2,506 photos, 380 members
- Low Fidelity 47,120 photos, 1,545 members
- Single Frame Film 937 photos, 285 members
- Books-a-Month 5 photos, 14 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,576,132 photos, 59,871 members
- It's a girl thing 81,802 photos, 4,913 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 288,243 photos, 23,316 members
- Me_Moi - The best self portraits_Les meilleurs auto-portraits 2,489 photos, 2,451 members
- Exceptional Ireland 14,636 photos, 1,093 members
- In Her Own Image...fspasg book 2 121 photos, 67 members
- Dublin University Photography Association 1,653 photos, 150 members
- Favorites: 300 9,882 photos, 1,327 members
- A Unique View Of Ireland 1,571 photos, 108 members
- Vent! Let it out! 41 photos, 18 members
- Dublens 76 photos, 16 members
- Dublin - caught in a moment 3,981 photos, 208 members
- Slip 'n Slide 12 photos, 40 members
- Stop. Collaborate and Listen. 408 photos, 199 members
- boards.ie 18,365 photos, 580 members
- Diary (...) 8,615 photos, 327 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 21,581 photos, 3,406 members
- Studio Ireland 976 photos, 82 members
- Aperture Diary 18,180 photos, 301 members
- 500 views and 50 favourites 6,652 photos, 2,522 members
- Views: 3000 63,892 photos, 7,417 members
- Views: 2000 113,616 photos, 10,843 members
- Views: 1750 44,401 photos, 5,029 members
- Views: 1500 53,441 photos, 7,729 members
- Views: 1250 54,469 photos, 6,050 members
- Non Conformity 4,337 photos, 132 members
- ±100 AШΑRĐZ for the «5000+» ♥Best♥ Photogs on Flickr!! 206,576 photos, 5,519 members
- Canon EF 50mm f1.8 204,177 photos, 17,209 members
- *Ruby Tuesdays* 133 photos, 81 members
- Moderate Images are not 18 + Images. 0 photos, 425 members
- Kemaha - says:
"Wow, wow, wow and again in case you didn't catch the drift of how I feel about ~Solarina's work - WOW!!"
November 22nd, 2009
Rowena R says:
"You are my new favourite photographer,
you use free space and air in the most magical ways"
November 24th, 2009
"Take a decade or two of friends, dress them in the most stylish haute couture clothing, relax them with assuring words like "art" and "fame". Whisk them into a frenzy of artistic modelling ambition then transport them to a cold, remote and desolate area of Irish countryside. Freeze for between thirty and ninety minutes whilst adding breakfast bar stools and exercise balls. Finally blend the layers of style, landscape and art. Dodge, burn and leave to stand on Flickr for a few minutes. Tasty. This isn't any ordinary photography, this is pure Solarina."
February 23rd, 2009
"Lucy is an extremely gifted photographer who does nothing but move forward and take bigger and better images. Since I've known her she has increased in creativity and talent, and as far as I can tell she won't be stopping anytime soon!!
She deserves all the praise she gets and then some!
Not to mention that she is a great friend!
I love you Lucy! :D"
February 22nd, 2009
"Lucy is funny. Exceedingly so.
And even though she's only a year older than I am, I learn a lot from her. How to let go and just feel, for one thing.
Her photography is brilliant and inspirational, as you may well see for yourself. I used to be a superjealous wuss and not allow myself to even comment on her fantastic works, but now I just let my eyes pop out of their sockets and coo in wonder at her artisticulastic ingeniousness.
Love you Luce =D I have but one request: Don't stalk me on facebook, please. Please?
p.s. I can't believe I haven't written you a testimonial previously!"
October 11th, 2008
Sabina R. says:
"on this stream I have seen the best outdoor portraits on flickr ever! The choice of locations, dynamic poses and light amazes me here. I feel always very inspired by Solarina's work."
August 13th, 2008
"Sol is magical. It's true. And I am totally jealous. I try to copy sometimes, but I'm not really magical."
July 30th, 2008
(deaf mute) says:
"Lucy strikes me as the type of photographer in possession of not just a great eye for composing scenes (and finding wonderful locations), but also a swiftly developing technical ability to capture them at their best. Matching these capabilities is key in a such a competitive field.
I'm not a betting man, but you should never write off the luck of the Irish. Keep a look out for great things from Lucy in the future. This emerging and unsullied talent could well go far."
June 21st, 2008
Miss Aniela says:
"Don't be fooled by the sweet face of this girl, she may have only nice words for everyone but her work is simply killer! ;) Her recent images have wowed me off my oak chair spluttering my tea everywhere (well almost!) My favourite images of Lucy's are her recent works which present the female form in mystical, dynamic and empowering, as well as beautiful, poses amongst nostalgic-looking, natural surroundings. The images are literally a breath of fresh air.
It's her astounding progression that woke me up into writing a testimonial, and yet Solarina's stream is full of gems right back since over a year ago. Thank you Lucy for being part of my Flickr experience with your inspiring creative presence, as well as your generous soul."
April 13th, 2008
Bee Brady ♥ says:
"Solarina's work is amazing ! She constantly surprises me with her ideas and their execution. When looking at her stream I see a dark beautiful art of great depth, and a young artist who is doing great things, with a great future in photography. Her work also makes me yearn for an ancestral Ireland that I have never known in reality, only in my dreams.....REAL talent."
February 27th, 2008
Quixotic Pixels says:
"~Solarina's photographs reveal a lively world full of magical moments. You'll see people dancing through radiant beams of sunlight and exploring dramatic Irish landscapes. You'll experience her artistry with light and shadow, motion and stillness. She is continually inventive, curious and perceptive--a real inspiration!"
February 14th, 2008
Opal Gamble says:
"I've been a fan of Lucy's since I saw her orange sweater photos - which still make me smile months later! - but it's her ability to capture motion and emotion that keeps me coming back for more.
Her self-portrait work is so good (and occasionally so deliciously eerie) that I sometimes want to chuck my own camera in to the closet and surrender - it's either that or buy a plane ticket and beg her for lessons!"
February 9th, 2008
Desmond Kavanagh says:
"In this last year I've seen you go from an interest to an inspiration. Your work has consistently gotten better, I may have been gone for a good while, but i kept up to date on your newest postings and its clear you've made leaps both technically and conceptually.
You have something thats incredibly important to any artist, a discernable style. Regardless of what you shoot, its clearly your work.
Best of luck lucy"
January 4th, 2008
ZL - Limits & boundaries says:
"I think the absolute bestest thing about Solarina is that she lives in Dublin!!!
I think the absolute bestest thing about her photos is the energy and life in them. Being in her photostream always makes me laugh or smile or feel like trying out something she's done. There is a tangible energy in her photographs, and LOVE them!"
December 9th, 2007
"Lucy = super talented!
Lucy = super supportive!
Lucy, you are a very impressive woman. I adore your photography, it's full of real emotion, fantastic ideas and perfect treatment. I look forward seeing your following shots and if you should ever come to Germany... keep in mind, that you have a fan here :-)"
November 11th, 2007
Ken Heffernan says:
"I have known Lucy for a very short while but I have to say she is a Wonderful photographer and a very nice person. I look forward to seeing what Idea her wonderful mind will think of next to photograph.
October 23rd, 2007
"Lucy is a reallyreallyreally lovely and talented self-portrait-artist.
her selfies are woooonderful and her landscape shots so..... oh so beautiful! she lives in such a cool country!
pleeeaaaaseee upload mooorrrreeee great shots!"
October 26th, 2007
Dave G Kelly says:
"You are going in the right direction."
August 26th, 2007
"She is a gorgeous, and I love her to the little bits. She should upload more pictures of herself."
November 29th, 2006
- Lucy Nuzum
- November 2006
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Lucy Nuzum Photography