so i took a few years off from photography. looks like i've missed a lot...you can buy sx-70 and aerochrome now, every lab will cross process, and "lomography" is a household word...what a world.
i'm addicted to cellulose acetate.
we're all tourists...
Photos of shoegazer. (1)
- A VIEW FROM ABOVE' 2,511 photos, 243 members
- Color Infrared Film 4,333 photos, 940 members
- Lomochrome Purple/Turquoise XR 100-400 3,914 photos, 649 members
- LomoChrome Purple 100-400 XR Film Group 3,123 photos, 633 members
- Polaroid Signs 1,831 photos, 130 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,976 photos, 2,631 members
- Polaroid -B&W- (B&W Instant films only) 22,186 photos, 2,690 members
- Polaroid Blues 5,044 photos, 514 members
- Polaroid of a Polaroid 2,420 photos, 312 members
- Beach House Band 253 photos, 62 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 734,043 photos, 26,630 members
- Street Photography Worldwide 170,046 photos, 3,456 members
- Hearst Castle 3,213 photos, 375 members
- Psychedelic Analogue 869 photos, 80 members
- LOMO black & white 3,030 photos, 186 members
- Film Classics 5,794 photos, 294 members
- Delorean - The band! 86 photos, 22 members
- Kinetic Sculpture Races 5,409 photos, 196 members
- Sheffield 44,968 photos, 2,341 members
- d▲ncing m▲untain 111,101 photos, 4,022 members
- Salton Sea 9,824 photos, 964 members
- Global Portraits 395 photos, 38 members
- We want Flickr with a DARK BACKGROUND!! (NOT PHOTO) 8 photos, 11,010 members
- Object Oriented Photography 3,490 photos, 106 members
- Holga freak magazine 8,871 photos, 796 members
- Horizon, tu! oh, tu! NEW AND IMPROVED! 5,871 photos, 495 members
- holga six feet under 596 photos, 149 members
- Seeing The World In Crazy Colors Group 1,466 photos, 268 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 360,511 photos, 8,193 members
- Gemtone Neon 48 photos, 25 members
- Various Looks and Unusual Appearances Groups 960 photos, 295 members
- Negative lomO. 736 photos, 104 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,023 photos, 1,320 members
- Lomo Crane/Pylon Porn 1,052 photos, 227 members
- Lomo into the suN. 1,556 photos, 187 members
- Peter Saville 233 photos, 24 members
- Factory Records 1,586 photos, 439 members
- Keep The Analog Alive 132,620 photos, 2,157 members
- lomo snap game (please read the rules!) 113 photos, 101 members
- ChopShoppe 11 photos, 5 members
- LoMo queso, por favor! 15,376 photos, 509 members
- **XPRO SIGNS** 3,604 photos, 228 members
- Holga / Diana / Polaroid / Lo-Fi in Sepia 913 photos, 208 members
- Graffiti World 395,373 photos, 3,933 members
- nite pola-polaroid at night 38 photos, 26 members
- Rolleicord 32,506 photos, 2,894 members
- Analog MultipleXpo 23,389 photos, 1,463 members
- Ilford SFX 200 3,788 photos, 1,154 members
- Ektachrome E100VS 8,315 photos, 936 members
- Diana+ B&W 3,385 photos, 569 members
"I like seeing different types of pictures, yours is different again, and it is nice you like to show the members to, big hugs"
February 20th, 2013
"For me, he is one of the most inspirational photographers on flickr. His pictures never fail to reach out to me. Keep shooting! Its a genuine pleasure to see your work."
April 10th, 2009
moonpies for misfits says:
"As I tour through shoegazer's stream I find that after about three pages I am holding my breath. Yeah, actually not breathing. Every time.
This has been happening for years. He is that damn good."
March 27th, 2009
my name is daniel says:
"Yeah, I don't really know this person. But I have to say, they are insanely amazing. Half of this stream I wish I could make my desktop wall paper. Actually I wish I could have a collage of all these photos on my wall. So amazing."
March 13th, 2009
"one of my favoritest lomographers :)"
July 8th, 2008
"Shoegazer's photos is shoegaze music visually depicted. I am constantly dreamily in awe of his artistic rendering of the city he lives in--images of cityscapes, friends amongst nature, or even the most minimal images of shadows or blinds. The extreme surrealist nature of it all is something I have never seen before."
April 18th, 2008
"Just keeps stunning me with every photo."
January 24th, 2008
jon madison says:
"make sure you view as a slideshow.
pure colour enjoyment."
October 27th, 2006
"His stuff is as about inspiring as it gets in my book. Its seldom Im so consistantly impressed with a body of work like shoegazer's. If it wasnt for his work and his lines and colors, I might have left my camera in my closet for much longer than the more or less 3 years it had been there. So for that, Im very greatful. And if it wasnt for seeing his stuff, I wouldnt have been introduced to the photos and amazing eye of his other half, irregulargirl. As much an inspiring person as a photographer."
September 18th, 2006
"to be blunt...a brilliant asshole..."
July 25th, 2006
"shoegazer, minimalist experimentalist pushing the boundaries, he should... nay must... be on your contacts list"
June 25th, 2006
"Wickedly inspirational, at least half of my favorites are his photos.
Listening to My Bloody Valentine whilst perusing his photostream is highly recommended..."
December 24th, 2005
November 10th, 2005
October 23rd, 2005
thankful line says:
"This is the first testimonial I've written here on Flickr, and shoegazer definitely deserves that honour. Put simply, he is one of my heroes. Looking at his photos time after time brings a sigh of contentment, a fluttering of the heart, or a glimmer of excitement to the eye."
October 6th, 2005
"shoegazer has the best photographs i have come across on flickr, by far, never ceasing to amaze and inspire me.thanks for all the great work!"
September 27th, 2005
"you make me want to take more and better photografs. thank you!"
August 13th, 2005
innocent string says:
"A fantastic eye. He might be from another planet."
July 3rd, 2005
energetic baseball says:
"With an eye for the extraordinary shoegazer captures the world in a way few manage to.
The angles, framing, lines, colours, use of negative space, rule of thirds and balance make his shots aesthetically pleasing on a technical level but what captivates me most is how he does this with subjects most wouldn't ever think to shoot.
What you get is minimal images at their finest."
June 2nd, 2005
Princess Valium says:
"I love the way this man sees the whirled we live in. His pictures are one of the reasons I am supplementing my addiction to MySpace with Flickr--because you just can't post that many pics on MySpace.
Plus, he's got the best taste in music out of all of my Flickr friends."
April 5th, 2005
"What can I say. As a newbie, this is the first Flickrer that really grabbed my eyes out of my sockets.
Thanks a lot, I'll have to spend Friday night gazing through all your f****** great images! But it's worth it. They're just too enticing..."
February 25th, 2005
"Dan rocks. He's gone from someone who's photography who i thought was good, to a person I feel i have to keep up with! We have similar tastes in composition, we have similar personalities and it'd be a lie if i said that i didn't allot time to sit and look at his pictures. His stuff can absorb you, but it will more importantly stay with you."
February 23rd, 2005
sam b-r says:
"competition breeds success. or so i've been told. seeing shoegazer's photos makes me feel like i have to do better. the high level of excellence he steadily produces astounds and challenges me. minimalism at it's finest. i check everyday to see if he has deemed another image worthy of sharing."
February 21st, 2005
eight recess says:
"shoegazer has an *eye*, cleaving the urban landscape into perfectly serene slices of minimalist beauty, devoid of the clutter you might expect from the subjects he chooses.
continually surprising, quirky and creative - and so blue!"
February 15th, 2005
closed scarecrow says:
"You can learn so much from shoegazer's pictures. The way he tags alone can tell you so much about photography. His main subjects are minimal and abstract - with some blue :-) But it would be injustice to reduce his pictures to these topics. His portraits of people and of architecture are inspiring and never cliche."
February 9th, 2005
February 6th, 2005
"Irreverent and utterly compelling, shoegazer's photos are unfailingly stunning in their sparseness. Light, line and color feature prominently in this minimalist photos and his abstracts could all easily go into my favorites."
February 6th, 2005
- September 2004
- San Francisco