a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's ProfileCreate your badge
my listening habits....
- UFOs 2,523 photos, 1,104 members
- Venice Carnival 33,646 photos, 1,425 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 100,793 photos, 7,798 members
- Swans 56,753 photos, 7,890 members
- -The Cafe- 1,144,087 photos, 27,069 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 89,756 photos, 4,544 members
- Austria / Österreich 101,398 photos, 5,727 members
- Animal Planet 1,077,519 photos, 76,471 members
- Flamingo 8,936 photos, 2,290 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 1,572,245 photos, 19,777 members
- National Geographic Group 900,436 photos, 28,626 members
- Night Images 1,209,657 photos, 164,763 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 115,660 photos, 9,661 members
- Night Photography 610,683 photos, 32,434 members
- Salzburg 18,775 photos, 1,475 members
- Artistic Perspectives 203,200 photos, 3,979 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 1,387 photos, 110 members
- Lightning 44,523 photos, 16,422 members
- Phi Phi Islands 1,029 photos, 233 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 879 photos, 85 members
- Trivento 38 photos, 5 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 338 photos, 44 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 403,893 photos, 104,401 members
- Buttermere 438 photos, 90 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,812,916 photos, 28,727 members
- Travel Photography 4,969,425 photos, 148,523 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 9,212 photos, 1,066 members
- Indonesian Dance 445 photos, 263 members
- Ricefields 1,608 photos, 165 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 37,937 photos, 4,318 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 21,540 photos, 2,168 members
- Bali Flickr Club 47,229 photos, 1,641 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 1,029 photos, 228 members
- Pearl Jam 6,024 photos, 1,034 members
- Rock Photography 158,369 photos, 8,822 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,603 photos, 131 members
- Bali Images 40,415 photos, 3,383 members
- Made in Bali 4,084 photos, 296 members
- Bali 11,272 photos, 485 members
- Skiathos 2,542 photos, 222 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 7,678 photos, 539 members
- Another Place - Gormley 4,135 photos, 608 members
- And Metallica For All 3,654 photos, 784 members
- Black Crowes 880 photos, 68 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 258 photos, 4,782 members
- sigur rós 3,989 photos, 1,036 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 121,661 photos, 2,943 members
- Jane's Addiction 925 photos, 106 members
- my bloody valentine 990 photos, 243 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 2,015 photos, 476 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography