a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's ProfileCreate your badge
my listening habits....
- UFOs 2,357 photos, 1,058 members
- Venice Carnival 26,756 photos, 1,351 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 98,414 photos, 7,713 members
- Swans 53,474 photos, 7,743 members
- -The Cafe- 1,055,333 photos, 26,516 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 67,464 photos, 3,668 members
- Austria / Österreich 91,004 photos, 5,520 members
- Flamingo 8,292 photos, 2,202 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 1,342,993 photos, 18,019 members
- National Geographic Group 732,466 photos, 24,394 members
- Night Images 1,164,819 photos, 160,713 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 100,939 photos, 8,989 members
- Night Photography 553,103 photos, 30,605 members
- Salzburg 17,173 photos, 1,409 members
- Artistic Perspectives 156,883 photos, 3,761 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 1,067 photos, 95 members
- Lightning 42,801 photos, 16,069 members
- Phi Phi Islands 914 photos, 215 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 864 photos, 85 members
- Trivento 40 photos, 5 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 346 photos, 44 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 408,072 photos, 105,329 members
- Buttermere 391 photos, 79 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,689,944 photos, 28,364 members
- Travel Photography 4,356,466 photos, 138,764 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 9,393 photos, 1,036 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,353 photos, 261 members
- Ricefields 1,412 photos, 152 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 36,196 photos, 4,127 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 23,256 photos, 2,134 members
- Bali Flickr Club 47,443 photos, 1,578 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 1,015 photos, 218 members
- Pearl Jam 6,028 photos, 1,033 members
- Rock Photography 151,415 photos, 8,750 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,637 photos, 133 members
- Bali Images 40,192 photos, 3,220 members
- Made in Bali 3,830 photos, 277 members
- Bali 12,744 photos, 473 members
- Skiathos 2,137 photos, 200 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 7,323 photos, 514 members
- Another Place - Gormley 4,022 photos, 592 members
- And Metallica For All 3,489 photos, 773 members
- Black Crowes 880 photos, 68 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 269 photos, 4,462 members
- sigur rós 3,933 photos, 1,044 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 116,081 photos, 2,926 members
- Jane's Addiction 926 photos, 105 members
- my bloody valentine 994 photos, 246 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 2,015 photos, 481 members
- Calderdale 21,584 photos, 502 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography