a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's ProfileCreate your badge
my listening habits....
- UFOs 2,546 photos, 1,130 members
- Venice Carnival 33,712 photos, 1,425 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 100,219 photos, 7,798 members
- Swans 57,467 photos, 7,906 members
- -The Cafe- 1,182,747 photos, 27,057 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 100,146 photos, 4,849 members
- Austria / Österreich 104,932 photos, 5,773 members
- Animal Planet 1,096,864 photos, 77,526 members
- Flamingo 9,139 photos, 2,320 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 1,668,399 photos, 20,118 members
- National Geographic Group 961,070 photos, 30,025 members
- Night Images 1,192,010 photos, 165,480 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 117,403 photos, 9,686 members
- Night Photography 629,210 photos, 32,824 members
- Salzburg 19,381 photos, 1,490 members
- Artistic Perspectives 210,235 photos, 4,008 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 1,536 photos, 113 members
- Lightning 45,480 photos, 16,565 members
- Phi Phi Islands 1,030 photos, 240 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 878 photos, 84 members
- Trivento 38 photos, 5 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 338 photos, 44 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 401,861 photos, 103,612 members
- Buttermere 491 photos, 100 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,811,934 photos, 28,696 members
- Travel Photography 5,179,302 photos, 151,139 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 9,327 photos, 1,076 members
- Indonesian Dance 445 photos, 263 members
- Ricefields 1,678 photos, 168 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 37,815 photos, 4,357 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 21,769 photos, 2,166 members
- Bali Flickr Club 47,652 photos, 1,657 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 1,009 photos, 227 members
- Pearl Jam 5,988 photos, 1,040 members
- Rock Photography 160,245 photos, 8,803 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,603 photos, 131 members
- Bali Images 41,172 photos, 3,415 members
- Made in Bali 4,171 photos, 297 members
- Bali 11,361 photos, 484 members
- Skiathos 2,538 photos, 227 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 7,720 photos, 536 members
- Another Place - Gormley 4,134 photos, 605 members
- And Metallica For All 3,667 photos, 781 members
- Black Crowes 880 photos, 67 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 255 photos, 4,775 members
- sigur rós 3,982 photos, 1,030 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 122,168 photos, 2,926 members
- Jane's Addiction 925 photos, 105 members
- my bloody valentine 988 photos, 242 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 1,989 photos, 473 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
caring winter says:
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
fair shoe says:
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography