a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's Profile
Create your badge
my listening habits....
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 90,388 photos, 7,340 members
- Swans 49,666 photos, 7,315 members
- -The Cafe- 834,737 photos, 25,151 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 49,774 photos, 2,677 members
- Austria / Österreich 75,251 photos, 4,977 members
- Animal Planet 798,629 photos, 66,212 members
- Flamingo 7,491 photos, 2,025 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 847,148 photos, 13,924 members
- National Geographic Group 429,738 photos, 17,689 members
- Night Images 1,054,879 photos, 140,828 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 77,553 photos, 7,410 members
- Night Photography 428,020 photos, 25,773 members
- Salzburg 14,260 photos, 1,226 members
- Artistic Perspectives 70,347 photos, 2,171 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 659 photos, 70 members
- Lightning 38,681 photos, 14,922 members
- Phi Phi Islands 849 photos, 193 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 896 photos, 83 members
- Trivento 45 photos, 6 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 311 photos, 39 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 416,983 photos, 106,034 members
- Buttermere 284 photos, 57 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,422,041 photos, 26,623 members
- Travel Photography 2,991,166 photos, 108,876 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 8,765 photos, 976 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,356 photos, 262 members
- Ricefields 1,301 photos, 138 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 29,469 photos, 3,566 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 22,663 photos, 2,026 members
- Bali Flickr Club 32,198 photos, 1,402 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 978 photos, 203 members
- Pearl Jam 6,002 photos, 1,019 members
- Rock Photography 135,607 photos, 8,428 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,650 photos, 133 members
- Bali Images 34,615 photos, 2,811 members
- Made in Bali 3,315 photos, 245 members
- Bali 13,130 photos, 418 members
- Skiathos 1,843 photos, 169 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 6,611 photos, 456 members
- Another Place - Gormley 4,169 photos, 572 members
- And Metallica For All 3,448 photos, 760 members
- Black Crowes 914 photos, 71 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 244 photos, 3,968 members
- sigur rós 3,892 photos, 1,043 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 104,260 photos, 2,844 members
- Jane's Addiction 966 photos, 104 members
- my bloody valentine 1,006 photos, 244 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 1,938 photos, 484 members
- Calderdale 19,188 photos, 466 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Stack' 125,854 photos, 15,332 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography