a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's ProfileCreate your badge
my listening habits....
- UFOs 2,311 photos, 1,046 members
- Venice Carnival 26,450 photos, 1,336 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 96,841 photos, 7,672 members
- Swans 52,756 photos, 7,697 members
- -The Cafe- 1,027,481 photos, 26,351 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 61,634 photos, 3,368 members
- Austria / Österreich 88,377 photos, 5,453 members
- Animal Planet 960,408 photos, 72,880 members
- Flamingo 8,219 photos, 2,181 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 1,272,720 photos, 17,477 members
- National Geographic Group 688,491 photos, 23,255 members
- Night Images 1,137,897 photos, 159,306 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 93,274 photos, 8,523 members
- Night Photography 534,655 photos, 29,954 members
- Salzburg 16,726 photos, 1,375 members
- Artistic Perspectives 144,185 photos, 3,644 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 988 photos, 93 members
- Lightning 42,679 photos, 16,028 members
- Phi Phi Islands 925 photos, 213 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 859 photos, 85 members
- Trivento 45 photos, 5 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 346 photos, 44 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,167 photos, 105,550 members
- Buttermere 381 photos, 76 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,657,711 photos, 28,216 members
- Travel Photography 4,182,750 photos, 136,021 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 9,396 photos, 1,033 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,364 photos, 260 members
- Ricefields 1,406 photos, 151 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 35,424 photos, 4,065 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 23,150 photos, 2,127 members
- Bali Flickr Club 47,305 photos, 1,560 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 994 photos, 214 members
- Pearl Jam 6,023 photos, 1,031 members
- Rock Photography 149,731 photos, 8,737 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,637 photos, 133 members
- Bali Images 39,486 photos, 3,183 members
- Made in Bali 3,837 photos, 272 members
- Bali 12,690 photos, 467 members
- Skiathos 2,114 photos, 198 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 7,277 photos, 509 members
- Another Place - Gormley 3,995 photos, 590 members
- And Metallica For All 3,445 photos, 772 members
- Black Crowes 880 photos, 69 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 269 photos, 4,348 members
- sigur rós 3,924 photos, 1,046 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 114,727 photos, 2,922 members
- Jane's Addiction 959 photos, 105 members
- my bloody valentine 998 photos, 245 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 2,015 photos, 484 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography