a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's Profile
Create your badge
my listening habits....
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 92,486 photos, 7,429 members
- Swans 50,740 photos, 7,412 members
- -The Cafe- 890,354 photos, 25,579 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 51,180 photos, 2,739 members
- Austria / Österreich 79,088 photos, 5,143 members
- Animal Planet 842,033 photos, 68,486 members
- Flamingo 7,623 photos, 2,067 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 946,558 photos, 15,084 members
- National Geographic Group 496,770 photos, 19,406 members
- Night Images 1,093,721 photos, 147,288 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 79,521 photos, 7,640 members
- Night Photography 459,415 photos, 27,243 members
- Salzburg 14,916 photos, 1,274 members
- Artistic Perspectives 85,703 photos, 2,565 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 759 photos, 76 members
- Lightning 40,364 photos, 15,458 members
- Phi Phi Islands 866 photos, 198 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 896 photos, 83 members
- Trivento 45 photos, 5 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 317 photos, 40 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 414,096 photos, 105,937 members
- Buttermere 303 photos, 64 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,491,440 photos, 27,258 members
- Travel Photography 3,338,847 photos, 118,931 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 8,880 photos, 993 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,363 photos, 262 members
- Ricefields 1,378 photos, 143 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 31,022 photos, 3,749 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 22,935 photos, 2,064 members
- Bali Flickr Club 34,073 photos, 1,460 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 971 photos, 203 members
- Pearl Jam 5,988 photos, 1,022 members
- Rock Photography 140,032 photos, 8,560 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,635 photos, 134 members
- Bali Images 35,806 photos, 2,963 members
- Made in Bali 3,386 photos, 252 members
- Bali 13,221 photos, 428 members
- Skiathos 1,941 photos, 185 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 6,856 photos, 473 members
- Another Place - Gormley 4,217 photos, 579 members
- And Metallica For All 3,440 photos, 766 members
- Black Crowes 880 photos, 71 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 243 photos, 4,049 members
- sigur rós 3,890 photos, 1,040 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 107,593 photos, 2,867 members
- Jane's Addiction 959 photos, 105 members
- my bloody valentine 1,004 photos, 245 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 1,935 photos, 484 members
- Calderdale 19,691 photos, 480 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Expanse' 131,816 photos, 15,576 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography