a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's Profile
Create your badge
my listening habits....
- Artistic Perspectives 42,409 photos, 1,372 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 508 photos, 52 members
- Lightning 33,662 photos, 13,412 members
- Phi Phi Islands 741 photos, 170 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 881 photos, 82 members
- Trivento 54 photos, 6 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 282 photos, 36 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,661 photos, 103,419 members
- Buttermere 225 photos, 37 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,204,045 photos, 24,360 members
- Travel Photography 2,253,435 photos, 86,718 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 8,779 photos, 934 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,520 photos, 252 members
- Ricefields 1,318 photos, 133 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 25,085 photos, 3,040 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 21,328 photos, 1,933 members
- Bali Flickr Club 22,998 photos, 1,310 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 932 photos, 194 members
- Pearl Jam 5,864 photos, 963 members
- Rock Photography 123,024 photos, 8,090 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,656 photos, 135 members
- Bali Images 31,198 photos, 2,387 members
- Made in Bali 3,699 photos, 216 members
- Bali 10,923 photos, 389 members
- Skiathos 1,615 photos, 154 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 6,065 photos, 429 members
- Another Place - Gormley 3,899 photos, 541 members
- And Metallica For All 3,476 photos, 743 members
- Black Crowes 914 photos, 73 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 252 photos, 3,122 members
- sigur rós 3,896 photos, 1,053 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 95,096 photos, 2,826 members
- Jane's Addiction 953 photos, 104 members
- my bloody valentine 1,009 photos, 246 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 1,942 photos, 480 members
- Calderdale 17,723 photos, 428 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Dusty' 106,549 photos, 14,364 members
- Top 20 Greece 20 photos, 677 members
- Polski Sklep 48 photos, 39 members
- Molise 7,405 photos, 488 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 192,690 photos, 9,805 members
- The Sea Nation 426 photos, 77 members
- Andy Goldsworthy 1,932 photos, 531 members
- Clutching Her Faded Photograph (Tori Amos inspired pics) 360 photos, 133 members
- Reality Altered 565 photos, 143 members
- The Most Beautiful / Handsome People In The World 1,522 photos, 259 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Hump Day Wednesdays **MACRO** 3,406,858 photos, 97,438 members
- Visiting someone's home 252 photos, 34 members
- Perpendicular 79 photos, 9 members
- eyes < o > < o > 19,769 photos, 3,173 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
10th April, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
3rd April, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
26th February, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
12th December, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
23rd November, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
31st October, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography