a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's ProfileCreate your badge
my listening habits....
- UFOs 2,289 photos, 1,036 members
- Venice Carnival 26,443 photos, 1,332 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 96,895 photos, 7,656 members
- Swans 52,515 photos, 7,682 members
- -The Cafe- 1,014,755 photos, 26,254 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 60,715 photos, 3,314 members
- Austria / Österreich 87,334 photos, 5,421 members
- Animal Planet 949,782 photos, 72,414 members
- Flamingo 8,199 photos, 2,174 members
- TRAVEL Photography! 1,236,243 photos, 17,254 members
- National Geographic Group 667,278 photos, 22,773 members
- Night Images 1,134,211 photos, 158,778 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 92,539 photos, 8,456 members
- Night Photography 526,378 photos, 29,674 members
- Salzburg 16,335 photos, 1,368 members
- Artistic Perspectives 137,891 photos, 3,597 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 972 photos, 93 members
- Lightning 42,555 photos, 16,002 members
- Phi Phi Islands 913 photos, 212 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 857 photos, 83 members
- Trivento 45 photos, 5 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 344 photos, 44 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,614 photos, 105,633 members
- Buttermere 360 photos, 74 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,641,972 photos, 28,116 members
- Travel Photography 4,099,703 photos, 134,686 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 9,369 photos, 1,031 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,364 photos, 260 members
- Ricefields 1,403 photos, 150 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 35,014 photos, 4,041 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 23,065 photos, 2,127 members
- Bali Flickr Club 47,154 photos, 1,545 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 993 photos, 212 members
- Pearl Jam 6,022 photos, 1,029 members
- Rock Photography 148,853 photos, 8,718 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,637 photos, 133 members
- Bali Images 39,286 photos, 3,166 members
- Made in Bali 3,799 photos, 271 members
- Bali 12,627 photos, 465 members
- Skiathos 2,112 photos, 197 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 7,261 photos, 506 members
- Another Place - Gormley 3,993 photos, 590 members
- And Metallica For All 3,447 photos, 771 members
- Black Crowes 880 photos, 70 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 269 photos, 4,290 members
- sigur rós 3,918 photos, 1,046 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 114,062 photos, 2,919 members
- Jane's Addiction 959 photos, 105 members
- my bloody valentine 1,001 photos, 244 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 2,016 photos, 484 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
April 10th, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
April 3rd, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
February 26th, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
December 12th, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
November 23rd, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
October 31st, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography