It's all about Plumeria!
I grow and photograph plumeria for fun and hobby.
Plumeria are I feel one of the best flowers to photograph because of their color and flower form. Just like African Violets the flowers in most cases cluster as a bouquet to the center and surrounded by leaves. All of the plumeria I grow have been to some extent hybridized both in color and fragrance.
Plumeria originate from the tropical Americas, native to Southern Mexico and South into Panama. Commonly found growing along coastal forests and communities and popular in commercial and residential.
Plumeria have found their way across the globe including enthusiasts of Chicago to New York and in Europe from Germany to the Mediterranean. Popular in India and Southeast Asia and even up into Southern Japan.
I must include some super impressive hybrids come from Thailand however I feel there are photographers that super exaggerate the flowers color for global sales.
Be aware Plumeria do not come in blue or deep purple although great effort has been made to create these colors a true blue or deep blue purple has not been achieved.
I strive to take the best quality photos possible of what I truly love to grow and share with the world!
I do have a deep appreciation for all tropical flowers and often find myself making great friendships with other flickr photographers who enjoy a similar hobby.
- Poetry and Photographs, not just photographs. 42,878 photos, 3,073 members
- Poetry 9,550 photos, 886 members
- Florida Postcards 1,416 photos, 78 members
- Sepia 111,957 photos, 13,737 members
- Flickr Friday 40,570 photos, 41,449 members
- Flowers Without Limits! 529,253 photos, 18,004 members
- Colour Mania 404,156 photos, 19,680 members
- orange 41,053 photos, 3,301 members
- Men of the South Pacific 487 photos, 347 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,573 photos, 167 members
- brilliant flickr 921,113 photos, 23,015 members
- Waterdroplets Galore 159,613 photos, 45,787 members
- Flower Photography 1,013,118 photos, 37,326 members
- Colours on black (p 1/ a 3) 5,659 photos, 716 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,540,953 photos, 119,467 members
- Extraordinary Sunlit Photos 8,674 photos, 648 members
- Toyota Trucks 6,189 photos, 970 members
- ADVERTISING IMAGES 15,557 photos, 1,508 members
- Exotic Cocktails and Tiki Mugs 933 photos, 134 members
- Image Repair and Restoration 1,779 photos, 336 members
- Photo Restoration 3,315 photos, 708 members
- Vintage Boy Scouts 1,257 photos, 140 members
- Historic and Old Photos 129,265 photos, 4,269 members
- Your Best Shot 2016 27,151 photos, 38,055 members
- Coffee farms worldwide....how coffee is grown?? 1,493 photos, 212 members
- Hawaii's Photographer Coalition 4,729 photos, 140 members
- Motorama - The Flickr Concours d'Elegance 69,523 photos, 622 members
- flickr in full color 1,375,744 photos, 19,353 members
- PURPLE [A World Of Colors] 13,981 photos, 1,589 members
- FLOWERS 1,339,946 photos, 106,498 members
- Jaguar & Daimler Cars Modern and Classic 5,065 photos, 274 members
- PICTURE`S OF THE CAR 476,691 photos, 2,238 members
- Flickerites-NO PEOPLE PLEASE 275,292 photos, 13,641 members
- sometimes SAVORY 8,608 photos, 427 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 376,631 photos, 23,882 members
- Flower Flower Flower 1,119,731 photos, 69,407 members
- Brilliant Color 17,081 photos, 2,000 members
- canon photography 6,536,370 photos, 111,319 members
- GLOW !! 270,299 photos, 3,326 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,931,252 photos, 190,341 members
- !Digital Flower Gallery 131,147 photos, 3,160 members
- Nature.. Light and Color 284,359 photos, 4,171 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,271 photos, 41,727 members
- Goodwill Hunting 4,098 photos, 294 members
- Hawaii Native Plant Growers 1,090 photos, 29 members
- North Shore, Hawaii 1,967 photos, 278 members
- Hawaii mollusks 702 photos, 26 members
- Aloha Friday 61 photos, 22 members
- * Aloha Group * 13,167 photos, 787 members
- FlickrCentral 9,223,753 photos, 279,622 members
Tropic~7 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2008
- Siesta Key, Sarasota
- I am:
- Grow Plumeria, Take photos of the flowers, Share with the World!