Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 18,115 photos, 898 members
- Los Angeles 222,475 photos, 11,240 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 11,536 photos, 801 members
- canon photography 6,435,798 photos, 110,664 members
- The Los Angeles Group 133,039 photos, 3,361 members
- Cell Phone Photography 399,390 photos, 11,731 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 14,347 photos, 852 members
- Strobist.com 606,523 photos, 123,706 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 186,797 photos, 23,146 members
- One Of A Kind 835,527 photos, 21,536 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 12,396 photos, 1,011 members
- Red Space 17,664 photos, 1,829 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 2,614 photos, 430 members
- White and Black Photography 1,195,866 photos, 34,975 members
- The Cinematographer 139,519 photos, 6,884 members
- MacBook 3,654 photos, 1,277 members
- Mac Addicts 32,293 photos, 7,723 members
- Cult of Mac 25,103 photos, 5,277 members
- People in Black & White 701,460 photos, 33,438 members
- Just Let It Out 1,155 photos, 255 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 283,106 photos, 17,465 members
- California 311,972 photos, 7,907 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,580,090 photos, 37,370 members
- Black & white portraits 381,856 photos, 33,973 members
- The Bronx 14,767 photos, 796 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,184 photos, 1,894 members
- Portrait★Faces 113,929 photos, 52,986 members
- Artistic Photography 4,992,619 photos, 136,524 members
- Cinematic Moments. 816,494 photos, 27,955 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 168,192 photos, 6,857 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,358,283 photos, 64,480 members
- WOW: commented with wow 192,879 photos, 16,122 members
- Utata 464,934 photos, 28,386 members
- Black History 9,605 photos, 996 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 299,325 photos, 16,314 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 712,268 photos, 51,712 members
- blackpeople 52,744 photos, 3,192 members
- B&W 5,326,609 photos, 229,728 members
- Black and White 6,838,535 photos, 357,785 members
- FlickrCentral 9,284,336 photos, 278,341 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 589,908 photos, 41,898 members
- All People 4,376,810 photos, 119,741 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,875,665 photos, 189,806 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
September 30th, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
September 19th, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
March 6th, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
November 18th, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
October 5th, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
September 25th, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
September 4th, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
August 19th, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
August 12th, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
August 9th, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
July 28th, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken