Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 16,663 photos, 874 members
- Los Angeles 191,606 photos, 10,077 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 8,252 photos, 689 members
- canon photography 3,394,053 photos, 68,555 members
- The Los Angeles Group 80,572 photos, 3,011 members
- Cell Phone Photography 236,715 photos, 9,046 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 12,719 photos, 816 members
- Strobist.com 588,324 photos, 117,640 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [50° Contest VOTE NOW!] 131,870 photos, 20,685 members
- People Portraits 2,504,766 photos, 120,526 members
- One Of A Kind 641,752 photos, 20,408 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 12,072 photos, 969 members
- Red Space 13,290 photos, 1,725 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 2,035 photos, 413 members
- White and Black Photography 520,599 photos, 18,830 members
- The Cinematographer 80,565 photos, 5,086 members
- MacBook 3,927 photos, 1,321 members
- Mac Addicts 32,692 photos, 7,996 members
- Cult of Mac 26,678 photos, 5,445 members
- People in Black & White 490,624 photos, 26,705 members
- Just Let It Out 1,133 photos, 262 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 204,224 photos, 16,284 members
- California 242,674 photos, 7,178 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 674,832 photos, 15,422 members
- Black & white portraits 315,368 photos, 29,390 members
- The Bronx 12,806 photos, 728 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,517 photos, 1,954 members
- Portrait★Faces 78,707 photos, 44,683 members
- Artistic Photography 2,271,073 photos, 77,270 members
- Cinematic Moments. 492,698 photos, 19,399 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 86,326 photos, 6,079 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 995,964 photos, 49,602 members
- WOW! [Add only pictures commented with a "wow"] 167,625 photos, 15,046 members
- Utata 417,178 photos, 24,211 members
- Black History 5,848 photos, 772 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 273,740 photos, 16,154 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 627,563 photos, 48,016 members
- blackpeople 46,454 photos, 2,936 members
- B&W 3,527,979 photos, 172,944 members
- Black and White 5,871,582 photos, 283,930 members
- FlickrCentral 7,164,244 photos, 207,379 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 475,703 photos, 29,110 members
- All People 2,965,384 photos, 83,007 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,912,583 photos, 145,296 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
30th September, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
19th September, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
6th March, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
18th November, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
5th October, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
25th September, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
4th September, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
19th August, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
12th August, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
9th August, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
28th July, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken