Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 20,741 photos, 896 members
- Los Angeles 221,925 photos, 11,039 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 10,610 photos, 760 members
- canon photography 5,484,923 photos, 101,243 members
- The Los Angeles Group 100,983 photos, 3,274 members
- Cell Phone Photography 346,029 photos, 11,146 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 15,205 photos, 854 members
- Strobist.com 608,968 photos, 123,410 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 166,577 photos, 22,119 members
- One Of A Kind 777,321 photos, 21,437 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 13,420 photos, 1,012 members
- Red Space 15,046 photos, 1,797 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 2,726 photos, 432 members
- White and Black Photography 962,404 photos, 28,728 members
- The Cinematographer 119,647 photos, 6,431 members
- MacBook 3,808 photos, 1,306 members
- Mac Addicts 33,228 photos, 7,918 members
- Cult of Mac 26,594 photos, 5,447 members
- People in Black & White 672,777 photos, 32,163 members
- Just Let It Out 1,148 photos, 262 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 252,166 photos, 17,246 members
- California 291,036 photos, 7,788 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,888,768 photos, 32,050 members
- Black & white portraits 376,398 photos, 33,197 members
- The Bronx 13,863 photos, 790 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,334 photos, 1,919 members
- Portrait★Faces 96,119 photos, 51,224 members
- Artistic Photography 4,106,679 photos, 121,082 members
- Cinematic Moments. 738,939 photos, 25,075 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 129,687 photos, 6,548 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,310,719 photos, 60,885 members
- WOW: commented with wow 171,409 photos, 15,560 members
- Utata 457,763 photos, 27,419 members
- Black History 7,565 photos, 892 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 293,460 photos, 16,395 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 697,383 photos, 51,480 members
- blackpeople 50,474 photos, 3,111 members
- B&W 4,925,517 photos, 220,414 members
- Black and White 6,877,628 photos, 349,350 members
- FlickrCentral 9,431,726 photos, 259,427 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 573,189 photos, 38,162 members
- All People 4,036,810 photos, 111,853 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,348,609 photos, 181,861 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
September 30th, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
September 19th, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
March 6th, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
November 18th, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
October 5th, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
September 25th, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
September 4th, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
August 19th, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
August 12th, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
August 9th, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
July 28th, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken