Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 19,838 photos, 894 members
- Los Angeles 214,753 photos, 10,888 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 9,806 photos, 744 members
- canon photography 4,832,245 photos, 93,919 members
- The Los Angeles Group 93,740 photos, 3,203 members
- Cell Phone Photography 314,736 photos, 10,753 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 14,202 photos, 843 members
- Strobist.com 604,974 photos, 122,642 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas 158,380 photos, 21,843 members
- One Of A Kind 733,649 photos, 21,193 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 13,209 photos, 1,003 members
- Red Space 14,305 photos, 1,770 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 2,830 photos, 430 members
- White and Black Photography 830,971 photos, 26,622 members
- The Cinematographer 108,091 photos, 6,145 members
- MacBook 3,857 photos, 1,310 members
- Mac Addicts 33,249 photos, 7,975 members
- Cult of Mac 26,815 photos, 5,468 members
- People in Black & White 634,898 photos, 31,179 members
- Just Let It Out 1,163 photos, 262 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 238,217 photos, 17,088 members
- California 278,888 photos, 7,648 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,452,227 photos, 28,231 members
- Black & white portraits 358,965 photos, 32,469 members
- The Bronx 13,466 photos, 778 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,337 photos, 1,929 members
- Portrait★Faces 88,607 photos, 49,895 members
- Artistic Photography 3,539,560 photos, 110,849 members
- Cinematic Moments. 671,706 photos, 23,906 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 115,224 photos, 6,361 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,240,198 photos, 58,819 members
- WOW! [Add only pictures commented with a "wow"] 177,877 photos, 15,177 members
- Utata 449,491 photos, 26,681 members
- Black History 6,870 photos, 857 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 288,234 photos, 16,333 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 688,669 photos, 51,024 members
- blackpeople 48,725 photos, 3,055 members
- B&W 4,547,308 photos, 211,050 members
- Black and White 6,853,569 photos, 338,422 members
- FlickrCentral 9,495,720 photos, 249,261 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 543,065 photos, 36,226 members
- All People 3,720,255 photos, 105,035 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,965,077 photos, 175,152 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
September 30th, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
September 19th, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
March 6th, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
November 18th, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
October 5th, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
September 25th, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
September 4th, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
August 19th, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
August 12th, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
August 9th, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
July 28th, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken