Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 16,618 photos, 873 members
- Los Angeles 191,376 photos, 10,067 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 8,199 photos, 689 members
- canon photography 3,379,943 photos, 68,385 members
- The Los Angeles Group 80,359 photos, 3,010 members
- Cell Phone Photography 235,258 photos, 9,027 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 12,714 photos, 815 members
- Strobist.com 588,537 photos, 117,565 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [50° Contest POST NOW!] 131,513 photos, 20,659 members
- People Portraits 2,494,237 photos, 119,873 members
- One Of A Kind 640,830 photos, 20,403 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 12,047 photos, 970 members
- Red Space 13,279 photos, 1,724 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 2,027 photos, 413 members
- White and Black Photography 518,016 photos, 18,780 members
- The Cinematographer 80,344 photos, 5,076 members
- MacBook 3,925 photos, 1,324 members
- Mac Addicts 32,683 photos, 7,995 members
- Cult of Mac 26,706 photos, 5,444 members
- People in Black & White 488,699 photos, 26,676 members
- Just Let It Out 1,132 photos, 263 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 203,786 photos, 16,278 members
- California 242,152 photos, 7,171 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 673,135 photos, 15,408 members
- Black & white portraits 314,772 photos, 29,352 members
- The Bronx 12,751 photos, 727 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,517 photos, 1,954 members
- Portrait★Faces 78,508 photos, 44,619 members
- Artistic Photography 2,258,926 photos, 76,987 members
- Cinematic Moments. 491,406 photos, 19,360 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 85,993 photos, 6,079 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 992,003 photos, 49,495 members
- WOW! [Add only pictures commented with a "wow"] 167,519 photos, 15,050 members
- Utata 417,067 photos, 24,164 members
- Black History 5,831 photos, 772 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 273,557 photos, 16,154 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 626,691 photos, 47,999 members
- blackpeople 46,467 photos, 2,935 members
- B&W 3,514,369 photos, 172,295 members
- Black and White 5,845,614 photos, 282,822 members
- FlickrCentral 7,134,988 photos, 206,770 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 475,107 photos, 29,045 members
- All People 2,959,790 photos, 82,833 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,900,187 photos, 144,776 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
30th September, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
19th September, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
6th March, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
18th November, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
5th October, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
25th September, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
4th September, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
19th August, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
12th August, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
9th August, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
28th July, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken