A current fave
Flickr has been great for me, I never knew I would get so much out of it. I'm amazed at how my stream and flickr addiction has grown. I joined the 365 Project and completed a year of self portraits, see my 365 Set, I still enjoy self portraiture. I taught myself Photoshop and enjoy the mix that creativity, photography and self portraiture brings. You will find the great community here, friendly and supportive.
I am available for freelance work, and commissions.
All my photos are copyrighted, please respect that and do not use my image without permission.
It's a beautiful day...nothing is impossible!
Sharon Cooper | Create Your Badge
SHE TOOK HER OWN PICTURE
She Took Her Own Picture is the inaugural collection of self-portraiture from members of the Female Self-Portrait Artists’ Support Group.
The first book of its kind, featuring images and profiles of 44 artists, the book is bursting with sumptuous artworks by emerging female self-portraitists.
Though photographers and painters like Cindy Sherman and Frida Kahlo are world-renowned for their contribution to the female self-portraiture movement, this book demonstrates that more and more women are taking control of their own image and exploring and experimenting with self-representation.
The book is now available to purchase, limited time only, read more about it by clicking it's beautiful cover:
To peep into the book..click on this blurb icon (please look at back cover of book too!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Holiday camp UK - Nodes Point, IoW 15 photos, 3 members
- portraits and faces. 1,800,369 photos, 90,776 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 413,800 photos, 38,333 members
- Turkey | I dream of Turkey 50,517 photos, 2,484 members
- Pamukkale and Hierapolis , Turkey - www.cevatzade.com 2,046 photos, 81 members
- Honda VFR800 74 photos, 19 members
- South Bank 6,909 photos, 547 members
- Tate Modern 5,552 photos, 1,667 members
- India Images 448,359 photos, 19,226 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 124 photos, 14 members
- Goa 10,287 photos, 1,237 members
- Fenced Friday 68,607 photos, 4,147 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,764 photos, 6,314 members
- Movement Photography Competition 57 photos, 144 members
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden 4,886 photos, 444 members
- Bengal cats 12,649 photos, 1,187 members
- Edinburgh Festivals 2012 2,615 photos, 139 members
- Golden Age Magazine - Single Photo Feature 2,729 photos, 882 members
- Tattoo, Ink that don't stink! 28,322 photos, 5,958 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 615,035 photos, 14,725 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III 397,964 photos, 11,486 members
- Miss Aniela Fashion Shoot Experience 1,024 photos, 198 members
- vegetarian-project 11 photos, 28 members
- The Revolving Door Project 302 photos, 126 members
- Au cœur d'une passion 30,280 photos, 187 members
- I just met eweliyi 86 photos, 22 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 26,353 photos, 1,306 members
- PLYM Magazine 158,241 photos, 4,095 members
- LoveBrighton 8,393 photos, 552 members
- The Brighton Wheel 332 photos, 49 members
- Shuttleworth (Please read Description) 19,430 photos, 323 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 201,635 photos, 4,440 members
- love you mother 12,419 photos, 264 members
- Finest Photography 10,620 photos, 429 members
- Looking Into the Past 3,056 photos, 4,186 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,738,341 photos, 28,554 members
- arms-length-self-portraits 167 photos, 19 members
- Underground Club Nights 3,725 photos, 95 members
- Hitchin Photowalks/Monthly meetings 94 photos, 11 members
- Lucha Libre 2,720 photos, 507 members
- Redheads! 17,432 photos, 6,791 members
- The People's Royal Wedding Album 1,247 photos, 656 members
- Flickrfest - Chat, laugh and maybe take a photo or two! 69 photos, 30 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*6 ALTERPHASE [CLOSED] 483 photos, 840 members
- Angel of the north 184 photos, 77 members
- DOFalicious! 30,068 photos, 1,547 members
- Rhythms Of The World 708 photos, 25 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 620,993 photos, 44,451 members
- March for the Alternative 3,098 photos, 163 members
- Photographic.ly 359 photos, 84 members
Levels Nature says:
"I just love this womans work! Sosij (or Miss Sausage as i affectionately call her) is a wonderfully creative photographic artist and model! She has a beautiful body and puts it to great use in her work! I especially love how she takes great care to marry up colours of her clothing to the surroundings she is posing in! Her shots in Poppy fields and bluebell woods are just stunning!!
She's also a loyal flickr friend with a wonderful sense of humour!
All in all i think that makes her Flickr royalty!
Keep up the great work my friend! :-)
Love Carl xx"
December 14th, 2010
"Someone wrote the following words in a testimonial for me and I feel they can be adapted apply perfectly for Sharon.
"Sharon is talented in all kinds of photography: self portraits, portraits, family, landscapes(woodscapes to be exact!) etc. and somehow there is a communal and distinctive style in all of them."
As one of my favourite contacts I love seeing new posts because you know you're getting 100% Sharon - and the odd copy of someone else's idea is usually an improvement anyway! 8-)"
November 18th, 2009
"Sosij is amazing. Every single day I look at her work and it inspires me to put that little bit of extra of effort into my own. Her photos tell stories on their own. Her photos evoke layers of emotions that go beyond just the digital or printed work. Im truly honored that she calls me a friend and hope one day to be able to cross the pond and meet up with her :)"
December 16th, 2008
Je Répondrai says:
""My dear friend, I have been following your work for a while now. It's been a wonderful experience lookin' at the details that surround your world. I have found your work inspiring too and even enlightening! Keep up the marvelous experience of capturing the images of your life!""
December 10th, 2008
"Women love photography. Photography loves Sosij. You are an inspiration to many, Sharon. Keep spicing up this site. You are a true creative talent with real feel to all your photographs. Thank you."
October 29th, 2008
Mr. Moog says:
"Not only are you an incredible and inventive photographer, a brilliant model and an excellent post-processor, you're an absolutely lovely, warm woman and I'm very glad to have met you."
October 26th, 2008
"I absolutely love Sosji's creativity. She never ceases to amaze me with her ideas and yet she is so approachable and friendly, always ready to offer a kind word and support. She's the best!"
August 7th, 2008
There are stripey socks
And some half nekkid Thursdays
Sometimes quite risqué ;-)
Remove the layers
And then you will discover
Without a doubt she's
One of the nicest people
I have never met :-)
(Brought to you by Haiku Testimonials, Ltd)"
August 7th, 2008
Menage a Moi says:
"I can't believe that I've not done a testimonial to sosij before. I always look out for her pictures - full of warmth, humour , imagination and a high level of technical skill. How does she find the time I wonder?!"
August 7th, 2008
"Some Flickrers are more equal than others. Sos is one of them. She usually takes just a little more trouble to add a meaningful comment than others. Her photos are often spectacular and daring and almost always inspiring. She is friendly and humourous and clever on top.
I am so happy to have met you here and wouldn't mind at all meeting you for real one day!"
June 24th, 2008
deputy (tiny) emcee says:
"sos is a beautiful person inside and out and so generous it makes me swoon! she has the most amazing sets on flickr, including her very wonderful 365 shots.
you must see this womans sock collection too, and on that note, her beautiful legs made from heaven.
sosij is a true friend who is always there for me when i need her most. she is so giving and just a joy to have as a friend.
her photography is miles ahead of anything i have seen on here, and she is probably my most faved contact, as i can't help but fave every second photo.. if not every single one! :)
love your work babe xox ♥ donna :)"
June 8th, 2008
"sosij's photostream was one of the first I latched onto when I began with Flickr last year. Her work is entertaining and thought provoking. It full of honest emotion, cheekiness, sensuality and a whacking good doses of wit and humour. I feared she'd be less prolific at the end of her 365 project but, happily that's not the case. She continues to be a challenging, restless, prolific artist plus a good friend to "Flickrati" within her sphere.
Bottom line, whenever I see the striped leggings come out I know it's going to be a good day."
February 15th, 2008
Quixotic Pixels says:
"Sosij's wonderful photostream reveals a personality that is witty, fun-loving, honest and sensitive. Her creativity seems boundless and I know I'm in for a treat whenever she posts something new. I'm so glad to number her among my contacts!"
February 14th, 2008
"Sosij has one of the most entertaining photostreams I have encountered on flickr. Everyday of her 365 project there is something fresh and original, covering a vast range of themes. From the very funny to serious, taking in cute, adventurous and thought provoking along the way. Whether she is doing handstands in fields of Lavender or photo-shopping herself into iTunes, her work is superbly photographed with great attention to detail.
Not only can she take top photos she is a great flickr friend too, always posting back on other's streams and answering comments on her own.
So looking forward to seeing what she is cooking up for 2008."
December 25th, 2007
""I like Sosij" (A LOT)
*edit* I came to edit this testimonial because since writing it I've gotten to know more of this wonderful woman through her commentary and inspired imagery. However, making the jumbled rush of feeling I have for this woman cohesive is no easy task.
I think I'll edit to...
I love sosij, (A LOT)"
September 30th, 2007
"I stumbled upon Sosij's photostream early on in my Flickr life. I particularly remember her shot of an abandoned label someone had dropped in a gutter - This seemingly insignificant scrap was so sharply observed and then so sensitively presented I thought this woman is worth watching, and she was! Sosij's work, in addition to being being photographically superb, delicate, sensual and honest is inspiring, witty, thought provoking and a must-look photostream. She encouraged me to join the 365 days project and although I may play truant every so often it has been the greatest way to regularly keep thinking creatively. If ever I find myself lacking in enthusiasm creatively or indeed generally her photostream is the greatest kick up the arse I could ever need!"
March 4th, 2007
"Sosij's photostreams seem to contain some interesting themes. My favourite is the where she takes pictures of items in some kind of bunch. For instance a selection of spices laid out on a market stall, or bagels piled up against a shop window.
She manages to see interesting photographs in ‘ordinary’ objects and here she particularly shines when capturing textures.
She also seems to enjoy taking photographs of ‘ends’ of objects - an example of how she sees something interesting in everyday objects.
She also knows her way around a camera. I was present when she took her poker game pictures and she made some interesting compositions under some dull lighting conditions.
Sosij is a very friendly contact, always being positive when viewing other people’s photographs. She is also interactive with people who comment on her work and thanks people for their comments."
October 24th, 2006
- April 2006
- I am: