My primary aim is to foster appreciation of other life forms.
My photos have been used by the National Audubon Society, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Pew Environment Group, the National Park Service, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, Nature Trust of New Brunswick, and in various books and magazines as well as interpretive signs throughout the United States and Canada.
All photos are taken with a light touch on the environment. I do not own a motor vehicle. All my photos are taken via mountain bike, with a single highly portable 100-400 mm lens. No tripod.
Photos are shot in RAW format, so customizable. They can be lightened, darkened, dodged and burned, saturation adjusted, and much more - all nondestructively.
Full size originals available (the photos on Flickr are downsized to discourage unauthorized use). Please send inquiries through Flickr mail.
Wikipedia may use any of the photos I have posted to this website, with attribution. So may conservation groups, provided it is not for something for which a fee or subscription is charged, in which case it is only fair to compensate the photographer along with all other providers. Please inform me of such use ahead of time.
For others, my rates for full resolution JPEGs (JPGs) are as follows:
$100 for a single JPG to be used to make a framable print; $50 apiece for each additional JPG ordered at the same time.
$250 for use in printed matter (magazine, book).
For online uses at less than full resolution: $50.
Rates for commercial uses (in advertising) vary depending on the product, but generally start at $500.
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 15,835 photos, 672 members
- Adirondacks 11,765 photos, 1,143 members
- Butterflies! 5 per day! 78,007 photos, 8,914 members
- Dragonflies Are Amazing 9,047 photos, 432 members
- Raptors of the Americas 13,083 photos, 591 members
- Spectacular Eagles 17,109 photos, 2,273 members
- Island Adventures Whale Watching 2,300 photos, 380 members
- San Juan Islands 4,974 photos, 364 members
- Alcidae (Auks) 1,447 photos, 139 members
- photomorrobay 31,062 photos, 547 members
- Cranes, Herons and Egrets 22,244 photos, 1,951 members
- Storks, Ibises, Spoonbills, & Flamingoes 7,880 photos, 1,461 members
- Sanibel and Captiva Islands 2,827 photos, 349 members
- National Zoo (US) in Washington D.C. 14,976 photos, 1,201 members
- PANDAS UNLIMITED 63,605 photos, 3,048 members
- Washington State Downtowns (WSD) 8,441 photos, 473 members
- Wood Ducks 2,288 photos, 238 members
- Juncos, Juncos, and more Juncos! 4,451 photos, 1,043 members
- Loons 1,930 photos, 321 members
- Owls 43,872 photos, 7,046 members
- Whatcom Birds Email List 32 photos, 20 members
- Warbler Mania! 9,410 photos, 606 members
- ** Bellingham Bay Vibe ** 1,216 photos, 66 members
- Whatcom County 2,412 photos, 74 members
- Bellingham 8,538 photos, 476 members
- Birds of Washington 24,235 photos, 593 members
- Love Sea Otters 1,306 photos, 375 members
- Elephant Seals, Northern, of Piedras Blancas 469 photos, 76 members
- Birds of Belgium 4,211 photos, 177 members
- Woodpeckers 11,440 photos, 1,557 members
- PBS Nature 7,503 photos, 1,715 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 49,889 photos, 7,697 members
- Shorebirds 18,643 photos, 1,084 members
- Sea Otters 230 photos, 24 members
- Swallowtail Butterflies (ONLY Swallowtails, PLEASE!!!) 6,114 photos, 1,357 members
- Seabirds 24,599 photos, 2,216 members
- Puffins 7,165 photos, 1,243 members
- Hummingbirds 43,536 photos, 4,770 members
- All Kingfishers 13,814 photos, 1,581 members
- Beautiful Bugs 124,333 photos, 6,327 members
- Dragonflies 73,229 photos, 7,757 members
- For The Love Of Dragonflies 50,621 photos, 5,203 members
- Wild Killer Whales 1,120 photos, 258 members
- Dolphins Wild and Free 9,908 photos, 1,850 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 83,797 photos, 3,461 members
- Seals and Sea Lions 16,975 photos, 2,633 members
- Otters 7,795 photos, 1,350 members
- DUCKS 46,539 photos, 6,546 members
- Mammals 26,095 photos, 1,366 members
- Cetacea 4,089 photos, 527 members
Andrew Reding doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2007