I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 136,910 photos, 5,139 members
- Art of the Maze 724 photos, 75 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité - illimité 121,707 photos, 5,391 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 84 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,609 members
- 101 Cookbooks 517 photos, 610 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 241 members
- Ampersandland 934 photos, 385 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,773 photos, 614 members
- Canadian Rockies 48,181 photos, 2,868 members
- Banff National Park No 30/60 limit 15,835 photos, 1,981 members
- Mandarin peelings 81 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 70,875 photos, 2,751 members
- Flickr API 769 photos, 18,694 members
- G'MIC 10,198 photos, 935 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 538,887 photos, 10,630 members
- National Parks of Canada 43,224 photos, 2,967 members
- Alberta no 30/60 limit 123,051 photos, 1,910 members
- Amazing Alberta 96,684 photos, 2,208 members
- Handheld Panoramas 10,200 photos, 492 members
- HDR Equirectangular 601 photos, 111 members
- Hugin Users Group 18,706 photos, 1,662 members
- Big Heads 41 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 919 photos, 131 members
- Structure Synth 1,376 photos, 389 members
- Vedutismo 412 photos, 43 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 13,101 photos, 576 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 57 photos, 94 members
- Polyhedra 5,688 photos, 226 members
- Atlanta 53,536 photos, 4,055 members
- Stereophotography 59,201 photos, 2,613 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 38,563 photos, 1,094 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 82,826 photos, 3,721 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,708 photos, 247 members
- Arithmancy 4,727 photos, 283 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,265,960 photos, 58,981 members
- povray 2,148 photos, 118 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 2,143,337 photos, 89,134 members
- Macro Viewers 189,917 photos, 6,938 members
- Get Your Geek On! 15,628 photos, 970 members
- Math World 6,437 photos, 1,102 members
- Germany, Deutschland 511,104 photos, 6,630 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 443,086 photos, 10,946 members
- Hessen 64,958 photos, 1,357 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 3,671 photos, 846 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 501,967 photos, 21,261 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,386,071 photos, 35,579 members
- Frankfurt Photos 66,390 photos, 3,297 members
- Foldables 1,991 photos, 71 members
- Stereographic Projections 11,034 photos, 1,326 members
enchanted protest says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog