I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 137,761 photos, 5,193 members
- Art of the Maze 791 photos, 72 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité - illimité 123,350 photos, 5,312 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,765 members
- 101 Cookbooks 523 photos, 614 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 242 members
- Ampersandland 999 photos, 387 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,793 photos, 613 members
- Canadian Rockies 46,163 photos, 2,796 members
- Banff National Park No 30/60 limit 14,878 photos, 1,940 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 72,725 photos, 2,740 members
- Flickr API 774 photos, 18,487 members
- G'MIC 9,623 photos, 921 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 522,526 photos, 11,006 members
- National Parks of Canada 41,424 photos, 2,884 members
- Alberta no 30/60 limit 119,830 photos, 1,905 members
- Amazing Alberta 94,721 photos, 2,196 members
- Handheld Panoramas 10,050 photos, 487 members
- HDR Equirectangular 612 photos, 103 members
- Hugin Users Group 18,904 photos, 1,655 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 921 photos, 132 members
- Structure Synth 1,370 photos, 382 members
- Vedutismo 405 photos, 43 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 12,562 photos, 569 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 25 photos, 94 members
- Polyhedra 5,578 photos, 219 members
- Atlanta 52,877 photos, 4,016 members
- Stereophotography 58,781 photos, 2,603 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 38,776 photos, 1,092 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 83,585 photos, 3,722 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,751 photos, 254 members
- Arithmancy 4,769 photos, 278 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,150,234 photos, 57,538 members
- povray 2,221 photos, 117 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 2,115,018 photos, 88,641 members
- Macro Viewers 186,219 photos, 6,861 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,158 photos, 975 members
- Math World 6,379 photos, 1,093 members
- Germany, Deutschland 490,782 photos, 6,516 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 429,014 photos, 10,795 members
- Hessen 63,358 photos, 1,357 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 3,388 photos, 837 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 500,161 photos, 21,362 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,340,528 photos, 34,769 members
- Frankfurt Photos 65,370 photos, 3,287 members
- Foldables 1,867 photos, 70 members
- Stereographic Projections 10,987 photos, 1,331 members
enchanted protest says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog