I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 138,467 photos, 5,188 members
- Art of the Maze 794 photos, 72 members
- Bretagne sans pareil en couleur et de haute qualité - illimité 123,850 photos, 5,346 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 85 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,739 members
- 101 Cookbooks 521 photos, 614 members
- Statsr 23 photos, 243 members
- Ampersandland 997 photos, 387 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,797 photos, 615 members
- Canadian Rockies 47,149 photos, 2,832 members
- Banff National Park No 30/60 limit 15,309 photos, 1,963 members
- Mandarin peelings 93 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 73,126 photos, 2,741 members
- Flickr API 773 photos, 18,559 members
- G'MIC 9,756 photos, 927 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 531,436 photos, 11,066 members
- National Parks of Canada 42,127 photos, 2,915 members
- Alberta no 30/60 limit 121,264 photos, 1,911 members
- Amazing Alberta 95,731 photos, 2,204 members
- Handheld Panoramas 10,152 photos, 486 members
- HDR Equirectangular 619 photos, 105 members
- Hugin Users Group 18,479 photos, 1,655 members
- Big Heads 44 photos, 31 members
- Sunflow 921 photos, 132 members
- Structure Synth 1,369 photos, 384 members
- Vedutismo 411 photos, 43 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 12,720 photos, 572 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 36 photos, 95 members
- Polyhedra 5,687 photos, 221 members
- Atlanta 53,143 photos, 4,027 members
- Stereophotography 59,308 photos, 2,606 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 39,252 photos, 1,094 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 84,125 photos, 3,721 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 3,749 photos, 256 members
- Arithmancy 4,838 photos, 279 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,196,433 photos, 58,034 members
- povray 2,230 photos, 118 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 2,136,274 photos, 88,851 members
- Macro Viewers 188,848 photos, 6,894 members
- Get Your Geek On! 16,085 photos, 974 members
- Math World 6,402 photos, 1,096 members
- Germany, Deutschland 499,277 photos, 6,547 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 435,889 photos, 10,848 members
- Hessen 64,325 photos, 1,359 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 3,459 photos, 840 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 501,642 photos, 21,341 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,361,663 photos, 35,025 members
- Frankfurt Photos 65,892 photos, 3,294 members
- Foldables 1,899 photos, 70 members
- Stereographic Projections 11,031 photos, 1,331 members
enchanted protest says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
October 17th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
December 4th, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
November 4th, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
November 1st, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
October 31st, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog